Warhammer 40k general

Grognards eternally BTFO edition

>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>We only have 4 viable ways to run our army!
>Please ignore that these 4 ways can basically cover every sort of unit in the codex
-an autist
>previous thread
Time for 8th edition and space marine fags are furious about it

>Hello grognard my old friend, I've come to laugh at you again, because the 40k rules changing, and is making it worth playing, but not for you cause your stuck living in the past, and that won't last, within the age of emprah
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4 → → → → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7dl0OtWqCa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For Cadia!

Posting in this thread since the last one got nuked.

Fascist Space Marine user again. How's this for a color scheme? I've decided on naming them the Iron Eagles. They're strictly Chapter compliant except for the fact that they worship the State as God. They also love chaplains and have their own secret police force who kill any of their citizens who don't seem like they love the State as much as they do.

Any ideas on what their tactics would be? I'm thinking a heavy focus on vehicles and Blitzkrieg but I also have never played Loyalists before.

>and is making it worth playing
>AoSofication
>worth playing

I realised that most of my anger due 8ed was mostly because I'll need to re read the whole rules instead of just the few changes between editions, so I'll try to have an open mind and expect the best from this changes.

But then again
>trusting GW

Anons, can you please rate my list? What should I get with my 35 extra points?

1500 Blood Axes Blitzkrieg

•HQ
-Warboss, 60
+'Eavy Armour, 4
+Power Klaw, 25
+Da Finkin' Kap, 10
+Attack Squig, 15
+Kombi-Rokkit, 5
+Boss Pole, 5
Total, 124

-Painboy, 50
+Grot Orderly, 5
Total, 55

•Elites
-Nobz, 54
+7 Nobz, 126
+'Eavy Armour, 40
+4 Kombi-Rokkit, 20
+3 Power Klaw, 75
+7 Big Choppa, 35
+Waaagh! Banner, 20
Total, 370

•Dedicated Transport
-Battlewagon, 110
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Big Shootas, 20
+Kannon, 10
Total, 160

•Troops
-3xBoyz, 60 (180)
+2 Boyz, 12
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 5
Total, 112 (336)

•Dedicated Transport
-3xTrukk, 30 (90)
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 50 (150)

•Fast Attack
-2xBlitza-Bommer, 270

Total, 1465

Linking

>reading previous thread
>Someone's talking about turning Sisters of Battle into 'Digga Wives'
>mfw pic related

Just how terrible? Where I do I spend my last 15 points? I'm thinking of upgrading to Klaivex for eating challenges, and maybe either just tossing a haywire grenade on the Archon, it maybe Aethersails on their ride.

For Guilliman's Xenos Girlfriend!

>nuked
The old thread is still perfectly fine and should be used until it reaches page 8+.

Shit like what this cultist-chan fag has been doing all day will eventually just lead to threads being deleted. It wouldn't be the first time.

I'd give the nobz with kombi-rokkits and warboss ammo runts. I think you can also get some mek gunz if you drop the boarding planks. The trukks are generally considered a temperary thing so the less you invest in them the less it hurts to lose them.

What can Sternguard do? Also I fixed the scheme and I think I like this a little better.

I miss last weekend.

Back in those days at least our OPs weren't just shitposts filled with bad """""""""jokes"""""""""".

When will things finally normalize again and the threads be used until they die off?

I think that's an improvement as well. Perhaps have the wings on the chest be a white/silver as well to help break things up, but it seems pretty good.

As for Sternguard, they have various types of special ammo for their bolters (Hellfire rounds, Kraken bolts, etc.) Pretty much what you'd expect from a special ops team.

Probably after 8th ed releases and people either drop the hobby or get over it.

Sternguard can take a wide array of Special and Heavy weapons, Combi-Weapons and have special Bolter ammo for fighting different enemies. They're basically a Command Squad but dropping the alrounder options and buffs in favour of maximum shootingpower.

Ammo Runts seem like they'd be a good idea. I want to keep the Boarding Planks because if they do get close enough to charge, then they'll help get a nice distance, with a 4" minimum, and 14" maximum being pretty nice. I was thinking about maybe taking a Mekboy or two to make sure the Warboss' ride was nice and safe, as well as just for their pretty cool gear.

If I take 1 Mekgun, which should I take? The AA one and the Kustom Mega Kannon seem like good ideas, or maybe the Smasha Gun.

Blood Ravens/10
>When will things finally normalize again and the threads be used until they die off?
Never?

>never
At least not until this idiot making the last few threads gets bored I suppose.

Kinda wish mods would just show some presence and blast these early general threads.

I got a question about these new morale changes. So if I got a squad of guardsmen with a leadership of 7 and 7 guardsmen die, am I always guaranteed to lose a guardsman and potentially up to 6 more? I feel like the new rules for morale as I understand them pretty much eliminate all those cool moments where a few dudes rally or refuse to break and do something heroic. The morale change doesn't seem to be taken too poorly so I imagine it is fixing something from 7th edition. Can anyone explain why this is being changed? Not trying to harp on it mind you, just asking to understand.

If you don't expect flyers I'd go with the mega kannon, extra can never go wrong with extra ap2 for Orks and they can threaten enemy armor in a pinch.

oh jese, meant extra ap2 can never go wrong with Orks*

>Kinda wish mods would just show some presence and blast these early general threads.
Dude....
>Can anyone explain why this is being changed?
Why not?

traktor cannon if your list would struggle vs flyers

mega kannon if you struggle vs 2+ saves.

Why? Not sure. Probably to generally buff hordes a bit. Nothing worse than blobs losing morale turn 1 and running off the board because 4 guys died or something. They'll have to readjust Leadership scores anyway.

I've pointed it out yesterday, but the current scored break the system for any unit with 3 models and a 7+ Ld score. Kill 1? D6+1 is at max 7, so no morale fail. Kill 2? At worst the unit is cleared if you roll a 6. Have 8 Ld? Only way to break morale is by losing 3 models, which means the unit is kill anyway.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me! My plan is to fish for the Master of Ambush and Tactical Genius warlord traits for my Warboss so that him, his Nobz, Painboy, and Battlewagon, along with the 3 units of Boyz Infiltrate alongside him and are able to nearly guarantee the Bommers coming in T2.

It's all cool, mate!

R8 my list I used to crush my brother's Necrons today

Chaos Space Marines- Iron Warriors Legion Rules
1650 pts
HQ:
>Chaos Lord- 123 pts
-Fleshmetal Exoskeleton
-Siegebreaker Mace
-Combi-Bolter
-VOTLW

Troops:
>CSMx10-165 pts
-Plasma Gun
-Heavy Bolter

>CSMx10- 165 pts
Same load

>CSMx10- 200 pts
Same load
+Rhino

>CSMx9- 193 pts
-8x CCW
-Power Maul
-Rhino

>Cultistsx20- 127 pts
-17x Autoguns
-2x Heavy Stubbers

Elites:

>Terminators x5- 226 pts
-2x Chainfists
-3x Power Mauls
-4x Combi-Melta
-Reaper autocannon

Heavy Support:

>Vindicator- 125 pts
-Combi-Bolter

>Vindicator-125 pts
-Combi-Bolter

Worked really well with our terrain, which has a couple of bunkers and lots of cover on it to deploy infantry on and have gun fights. My lord rides with the unit of 9 CSM in the Rhino. Terminators are deep striking. Worked really nicely today and even managed to wipe a 10 man Necron Warrior squard with my cultists!

So does that mean a squad with Leadership 10 and only 5 models is also never going to break?

Don't bring Cawl to a 1,000 point game unless you want nobody to play against you.

What? Last thread was created while the one before that was on page 6 and the one before THAT was still just barely on page 10. That kind of shit is not how generals are meant to go and is way too fucking soon. Having 2 parallel threads because the new one was early enough to not have the old one die in the next hour is one thing. Having 3 because the one from 3 hours ago is still not deleted? That's just fucking stupid.

Color schemes are a lot harder than I thought ;_;

What if this is an elaborate precursor to april fools?

Think of it this way. They're basically replacing moments where the entire squad is falling back with you occasionally having a dude scamper away or a bunch run off instead. More key, if your guardsmen are holding a position, they'll continue to hold it so long as some of the guys are left. This makes them less likely to get entirely swept in combat.

Plus, you'll have to consider that most armies will probably have some way to mitigate this. I'd imagine Guard will be able to get commisars to cap the number of fleeing guys at 1 a lot of the time.

How's this look? First time doing anything with AdMech so go easy on me. What's the best way to get it to 1,000? Either by adding more wargear or more units.

deleted my old post because I forgot to change the onager

Effectively, yes. Basically, if 6+model count is not at least 2 above the Ld score they would never break until they're all dead, if my math is correct.

>What?
Mods will never tounch AoS posters.

April fools will be that squats and/or tomb kings are coming back, gw is too lazy to create an april fools joke on that level, unless you count the 7ed nid and ork codex as that

May be your previous?
Also, may be some other tyoe of Red?

Wait a minute, that's literally your entire army not counting the flyers.

That's some tactical genius right there! Infiltrating an entire WAAAGH! of Boyz and Nobz with their trukks and Battlewagons? Genius, I tell you!

My response is still Also if you're running 10 man squads you may as well put the 3rd special weapon on the vanguard squad. Don't run rangers with the sniper in a 10 man squad, you're current setup means you'd have 8 guys sitting in the back with their thumbs up their asses while the snipers shoot at things. Really I'd just go with arc rifles. Also I wouldn't bother with an arc pistol on the vanguard alpha. A single haywire shot isn't really worth it, no point in mixing plasma and haywire.

I think a lot of the fear also comes from units with fearless, zealot, or ATSKNF and how morale will affect them. I know I'm kind of scared for my Rubrics. They were already fucked if they got charged, but if the new rules are true then they won't be able to even tarpit.

Drop the Arquebi , first off. They're unfortunately very bad and outclassed by the alternstives in every way.

Adding Ironstriders/Dragoons to fill always works. More Vanguard also never hurt. You could also use Cawl as the Dominus Maniple Tech-Priest and save yourself those points, the just add more Skittles using a Skitarii Maniple. Pretty much their entire codex is decent so just going with what you like the most is usually fine. Keep in mind that, generally speaking, Infiltrators > Ruststalkers and Dragoons > Ballistarii.

Also, I'd consider using Cawl at 1000 points pretty serious cheese since there is barely anything able to kill or even seriously hurt him. Unless your enemy beings D or Force weapons, expect to virtually never lose him.

I'm still not sold on this new leadership stuff, though I suppose it'll work out. On the one hand, I like that small squads don't have to load up on extra bodies just to edge out what counts as 25%. For hordes, the extra casualties will be annoying, but it feels like most of the time it'll be better, since rather than falling back you're just removing a few guys from the back of the unit and continuing to advance.

Thanks

admech here. you going comp or casual?

comp: i'd drop the plasma and toss on x3 arc on both squads. should give you enough for x5 Rangers or close to it

According to what we've heard, they're doing this in order to make morale mean something, so you can pretty much assume that Fearless and things like it either won't exist, or will be replaced by something new.

Cawl can replace a tech priest dominus for the dominus maniple? I though it had to be the priest?

Casual, but not bad on purpose. I'm not planning on playing in tournaments, just games at the local shop mostly. But I also don't want to build in a shitty way.

>Casual
Don't take Cawl in 1k point games.

Tbqh, I wouldn't take any of the Triumvirate characters in a casual game. They're too good.

It's actually far worse for elite squads once they adjust things, which they'll need to do since they can't have units like basic 5 man Skitarii troops with a 9 Ld Alpha be near unbreakable while any unit with a character and 5 dudes will just be plain unbreakable. It'd throw balance off to the very deep end.

Mmm, fair enough. I just put him in there because I have him and I needed to fill points.

Where can I find some rules for 8th edition? Saw something about square bases for it and the thought of it makes me want to bawl my eyes out.

Cawl (and Greyfax, but that's irrelevant for you) can replace their generic counterpart in any formation. You can even have a Holy Requisitioner and Deep Strike him in, for example.

That said, really make sure with your opponent if it's alright to bring him in that range. He won't have much fun if he enjoys actually killing your units.

Cawl can explicitly replace a dominus in any formation.

Just take more vanguard or some dragoons. Or both, you've got plenty of points to work with and skitarii are cheap.

Check the Community website. They have an Adepticon post with everything.

Combined with the charger goes first, non-melee elite units are looking more and more vulnerable.

maybe go to the community site where they put all teaser information

So would you recommend taking one squad of rangers and a couple of squads of vanguards?

Anybody reporting the square bases as serious are genuinely retarded.
youtu.be/7dl0OtWqCa0

Probably a modifier to the save or be much rarer.

I could imagine something like Zealot or ATSKNF to just subtract like 2 from the roll or change the D6 to a D3.

Vanguards are significantly better than rangers but if you really want to run rangers they aren't terrible. I'd really suggest running them at minimum size though. Skitarii are pretty squishy so you want to force your opponent to have to spread out their fire or waste wounds.

Usually a good idea, yeah. Vanguard need many bodies to reach their destination and usually make their points back while Rangers provide much needed ranged shots.

Okay that's good to know. So would it be worth taking Arquebi in a 5 man squad ranger squad for ranged support, or should I just leave them with galvanic rifles? Could go arc as well I guess but they'd lose some range.

How viable is a list with 7 great unclean ones

A single five man squad with aruebi isn't terrible. They aren't amazing but they can pop light vehicles reasonably well, though arc rifles are just all around better than them even if they have less range. Really the 60" range is overkill on most boards, especially at 1000pts.

One final question: What bits designate a Ranger Alpha (does he get like a special helmet or something?), and does a single box come with bits to make two? I know you're only supposed to get one per box but maybe there's options like the tactical squad coming with two non-helmeted heads.

Asking so that I could buy a box of 10 and make two squads of 5, one with 2 arqs and one with two arcs.

Thanks.
And thank the emperor that isn't true.

Just save yourself the 20 points and give them 2 Arcs instead. They have Move Through Cover anyway, so you'll want them dashing across the table a lot, usually much close to the enemy than what Arquebi would want, while being able to easily flank vehicles and seize points. The Haywire shots will be great against vehicles while Plasma kills any MCs and characters, so Arquebi are pretty obsolete as they only have Ap 3 as well and thus don't get a bonus on armor pen results.

How about this variant?

>2 Relics when the rules specifically say you may only take ONE
Dipshits like you were breaking the rules in 3.5 making 250pt rape train Daemon Princes and wondering why we got smacked with nerfs

There are unhooded heads and melee weapons. I just use either of those for Alphas or to designate a model using the Omnispex, since I don't like that bit.

IIRC there isn't really anything about the ranger alphas unlike the vanguards which have different helmets, though there is a set of arms you can use. You can have one guy resting his galvanic rifle on his shoulder and his other hand pointing. It works well enough for making him stand out, alternatively you can do something with paint to make him stand out.

Show me where it specifically refers to "Orkimedes kustom gubbinz" as relics :^)

Cool, I'll go with two 5 man ranger squads then and put the rest into vanguard squads. Thanks friends.

I always forget the unhooded heads exist.

Oh I actually like this a lot user! Do you mind if I use it?

I think there's only one per box anyway.

Though for some reason they also decided that the Dragoon kit needs 4 or 5 different fucking heads when there's already like 14 in the normal Skitarii box.
Should've just kept those heads for themselves and made the Dragoon kits 10 bucks cheaper.

>CSM
>"Orkimedes kustom gubbinz"
What? Shitpost is too obscure.

Not at all! I'd be glad if you do so. Happy to help.

> Gilding armour, 200 gp.

Rangers might turn out to be better when 8th hits since their rifles actually have decent ap.

Is there a color editor like this for skitarii?

You mean you don't like spending $50 for a 45 point model?

*angry beeping noises*

>You'll never be 13 again sitting in your dad's office at 2am grinding thieving so you can do Desert Treasure

I don't know if it will make them better but probably make them more even at least. So long as toughness is still a thing vanguards have the advantage of doing two wounds and ignoring toughness.

>mfw 23 grinding thieving at 1am in my own office

Hey user, don't make the underarmor bits a color that isn't black.

Trust me.

Don't have the math at hand, but aren't Galvanic Rifles and Rad Carbines evening out in terms of wounding anyway? Though that Bolters and Rads were about the same chance to wound and Galvanics are effectively Bolter statted.

Main advantage of Rads is obviously free extra wounds and being able to easily kill even MCs through sheer numbers.

Sadly no. I've only ever seen the SM one.

The soft armor parts? That's fine, I'm certainly not married to it. Just a bitch to paint, or what?

Having golden underpants is just silly is all, really.

My brother and I don't use that rule. Never have. Fuck the FAQ

Taking it away kinda just makes it look discount BT's.

user, you could never take more than one.

Maybe try making them light grey and the currently white parts gold?
Looks like a Sword Brother already anyway.

Basically the rule for Rad Phage could be +1 to to-wound rolls and always wounds on 5+ at least. Only against t4 sv4+ guys in open and at 15" are ranger rifles better. And thats pretty niche ability to have.

Even without the 6s to wound vanguards come out slightly higher than rangers rapid firing purely due to the volume of hits. Granted Rangers have a huge advantage in range. Shot for shot Galvanic rifles are better slightly, but Rad Carbines just put out so many shots.