Character head has 5 HP

>character head has 5 HP
>clawed by monster
>drops to 0
>passes the endurance roll, doesn't fall unconscious, kills monster

Should the marks on his face lower or increase his charisma?

Other urls found in this thread:

local12.com/news/local/local-man-sentenced-for-raping-teenager
tribdem.com/news/homicide-charge-filed-against-local-man-in-iup-death/article_879936ac-103f-11e7-b544-876671b0276c.html
thenewsenterprise.com/content/local-man-charged-robbing-man-gunpoint
nebraska.tv/news/local/local-man-creates-app-thats-sweeping-the-nation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't innately make you more charismatic. You might get a situational bonus if the character you're trying to woo or intimidate is into/not into scars, but that's about it.

No

"Tis but a flesh wound" is pretty convincing when that wound is a hole in your head and you're still standing.

Charisma is a mental stat, so... maybe lower, if the marks extend through the face and into the brain.

Brain damage is specifically not a flesh wound, though

A slight minus when around assholes who don't like cool scars-- you still have to be a tough badass to survive getting them, let alone win the fight-- and a big bonus to anyone who's into that shit, whether it be attractive or impressive, or both.

Depends on who you're talking to
>the landed gentry and above
>"This boorish fellow with the ragged face is getting nothing from me I tell you!"

>banditry and below
>"oh err this guy looks like he'd happily spend a fortnight out in our forests hunting us down for a copper piece a head, and would likely make a profit on it too! Let's scarp."

or rather, -persuasion +intimidation

>you still have to be a tough badass to survive getting them
Or an idiot for having gotten them.
I have a scar on my chin from the time I fell on my face and broke my jaw.

Dusty Rhodes is one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time, and he was an big fat fuck with scars all over his forehead and arms, a blotch under this man-tit, spoke with a lisp, couldn't pronounce "r," and had a faggy voice in the 60s, 70s, and 80s when he was most popular.

Why the fuck would another scar reduce his charisma?

Is there an explanation to that image? What's going on here?

What game is this that you're playing? RuneQuest?

If I'm reading the (Spanish?) cards correctly, they're the skulls of patients who underwent trepanning - the surgical drilling of a hole in their skull. In modern medicine, it's used to relieve pressure on the brain. It's been seen in ancient skeletons, too, possibly as a way to release 'evil spirits' from a person's head.

ok cool sounds legit

I still don't buy the "evil spirits" thing.

Is it that hard to imagine that ancient peoples might have stumbled onto a legit medicinal practice?

>O shit Thog got knocked on head.
>Head swells.
>What if drill hole?
>*drills hole*
>Gets better.
>Science works?!

>pic related

Cause he's a heck of a man, bebbeh!

Hey man, flesh is flesh no matter what part of the body, and flesh is gooooooood

I don't buy it.

as far as I know drilling through the skull to relieve intercranial pressure is an emergency measure and not something that would normally be done (the intercranial fluid is there for a good reason and the risk of infection is too great). A person can't sense the pressure inside their skull, and without the equipment to detect it, why would they think to drill into the skull?

I've also read of cases where skulls with oddly profiled holes were found with spearheads which matched the profile of the holes

my wild ass guess is that the people who did drill into the skulls of others were severely lacking in empathy and had no real intention of treating anything affliction the patient was suffering.

Mere bullets cannot stop....

FLORIDAMAN! DEFENDER OF JUSTICE AND BATHSALT LEGALIZATION!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but reality occurs regardless of whether or not you're persuaded.
The moon landing and the holocaust occurred, people drilled holes in skulls to get spirits out, and as it happens people STILL snort rhino horn to get bigger erections.

Disbelieving the stupidity and ignorance of others is both stupid and ignorant.

I think those were caused by trepanning. If you examine the top skull it has regular knotches around the rim of the wound, like it was made with a punch. Probably to release evil spirits during a fever.

The bottom one.. Well, its awfully strange looking. It looks so clean, and the skull is so goddamn thick. I tend to think it was an intentional wound once again, as opposed to incidental. ie mace or rock to skull, a fall busting the head open, etcetera.

the final line of my post reads
>my wild ass guess is that the people who did drill into the skulls of others were severely lacking in empathy and had no real intention of treating anything affliction the patient was suffering.

of course people have done and still do cruel and stupid things, I just want to believe wasn't/isn't so common.

Trepanning gets a lot of visibility because it is so extreme, but writing off every unexplained hole in a skull as drilling for spirits is foolish. In some cases we do know of course, and there are surviving written works that talk about it, but there are a lot of skulls where we just don't know. If we make an assumption, we can miss out on important details.

I wonder if Florida just gets really shitty people there like it sounds or if the state has more journalists willing to cover those types of stories.

It was believed to release spirits causing illness user. It wasn't grounded in modern medical science.

We have proof of trepanning going back tens of thousands of years. Obviously we don't have literature for all of that, but around the Mesopotamian region (between the Tigris and the Euphrates river)they wrote a little about it. They were some of the first recognized medical practitioners. Again, it wasn't very accurate as far as we're concerned but damned if it wasn't an improvement over nothing at all. (except when it wasn't)

Floridaman is a crazed lunatic tha occasionally does good.
Localman on the other hand normally saves the day with brief occurances of pants shitting madness

Are they each others nemesis?

Never heard of localman. Got any news clips?

If you're in Florida they're the same person. Scary coincidence or deep backstory?

Seems localman is now a full time villian

local12.com/news/local/local-man-sentenced-for-raping-teenager

tribdem.com/news/homicide-charge-filed-against-local-man-in-iup-death/article_879936ac-103f-11e7-b544-876671b0276c.html

thenewsenterprise.com/content/local-man-charged-robbing-man-gunpoint

nebraska.tv/news/local/local-man-creates-app-thats-sweeping-the-nation

What happened localman? it used to be all local man wins lotto, local man pulls baby from burning building, etc, etc

well he did arrest Robbingman and Gunpoint

Get it right user, he arrested him at Gunpoint. Seems a lot of weird shit goes down there, I wouldn't visit.

In general, Cha penalty with net gain bonus on intimidation checks