/swg/ Star Wars General

"Dr. Skywalker, I'm O-W K" Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

In you games, how do you incorporate memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Owool_Interceptor
youtube.com/watch?v=mvcMQpBdbA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>how do you incorporate memes?
taking opportunities when you see them. My politico's go-to scathing tirade is just the 'Wade D is Wack' rant applied to the situation.
>His Armor? WACK
>His Guns? WACK
>His Clan? WACK
>His Ship? WACK
>The Way That He Fights? WACK
>The Way He Doesn't Even Follow the Law? WACK
>Me? I'm Tight As FUCK

There's always a chicken-duck-woman waiting in the bushes

So I'm playing a Saga campaign, does anyone have all the compiled races? Looking for one that goes good for a heavy saber combatant.

What the fuck do I do as rebels to shit stomp Jumpmasters? I'm sick of just getting fucked off the board without making a dent in them every time I go up against them, which is often as fuck since it seems no one in my area sees anything wrong with bringing their tournament meta lists to casual nights of play. Do I just have to run something retarded like double Lothal Rebels + Biggs or is that still just going to get fucked by their four fucking torpedos?

Wes Janson. Strip those target locks. Prevent them from firing.

Biggs with R4-D6, he should be capable of taking three torp shots unless they get lucky with crits.

Jake Farrell. Hard to fly, but go around, be a bastard, and never have anything hit through focus/evade/AT.

If you want to be a bastard right back take either triple K bombers loaded with cluster mines or Kanan/Biggs.

My personal favorite is Wes/Biggs/Norra. Norra just destroys anything that isn't 3 agility+tokens, and they'll have to use their torps on Biggs if they want to burn him down in time. End game, R2D2, title crit, and tail gunner should win in a 1v1 or 1v2 against Jumpmasters. I've beaten two /x7 defenders with the build.

Sadly the Jumpmaster is still the most efficient ship in the game and will remain so until FFG decides to errata points cost. The EPT on the scout was probably the worst single mistake they've ever made in terms of balance.

Saw this image last thread, anyone know what the ships are that I've circled, and if they're in the FFG RPG yet? They really appeal to my aesthetics

Just started a new FaD game. Brand new to RP games in general, what should I look out for?

Should Maul had won and killed Obi-wan

No, are you stupid? Obi-wan had beaten Anakin fair and square by that point, Maul was no match for either of them.

Biggs doesn't work anymore against torps.

Biggs Darklighter's ability does not trigger if the attacker chose a weapon that cannot target Biggs Darklighter. (X-Wing FAQ, Version 4.2.2, Updated 10/17/2016)

So if they have a tl on another ship and choose to use their torps, they can get around him.

>when Obi-Wan changed from his prequel stance to Quigon's
Maul didn't have a chance against that level of pottery.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Owool_Interceptor

Wookiee fighters from past when we all stopped reading the EU

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Owool_Interceptor

>Notices interceptor
>Owool what's this?

Not following you, have a picture

You'll wand the 'ultimate alien anthology', that's got all of the critters in it you can play

At least the poor bastard is dead

>ultimate alien anthology
Is that for Saga edition? I don't recall seeing that in the files.

Been awhile since I read it, its D20 but might work with Saga.
If its anywhere the Hungry Ewok site might have it

Nah, I didn't want him to die but there was no way he could win that fight. What I wanted was for Obiwan to beat him without ever drawing his lightsaber, talk him down and heal some of that broken, tortured soul that's suffered at the hands of jedi, sith, mandalorians, inquisitors, basically everyone. For Obiwan to grow by showing he could not only forgive Maul for killing his own master, but go one step further and even try to help him.

Then they could have had a splice of life spin-off series as they become roommates and bicker like old men whilst having whacky adventures and try to avoid letting a young Luke ever see them using force powers

Please send your player a truckload of kudos.

Redeeming a dark sider would have gone against Obi's characterization in Empire Strikes Back.

Is it minmaxing to have my Ace start with a 5 in Ag? I want him to be good but don't want to be That Guy. Will be starting an all three game campaign soon (mainly AoR though, I think we've got one from Edge and one from FaD)

If you're intending to get in a snub fighter it won't be a problem for long.

Minmaxing is minimizing some stats and maxing others so before we can answer we need to know; how did you get that 5 in Ag?

Kyuzo start with a 3 in Agility and either 90 or 100XP so can go to five, and we're getting bonus XP after chargen but before we start to balance the first few games (a long campaign is anticipated).

So you're not taking points away from something else to give to Ag? then no it's not minmaxing.

Ok cheers, just didn't want to be That Guy. Checks and balances y'all.

Being That Guy, isn't about minmaxing it's about your behavior, and your characters behavior, being a minmaxer has got fuck all to do with it, but you'll be fine, have fun.

Dunno if we caught these here - pictures of the C-ROC and Wave 11 from Hoth Open.

That would have some fairly bad implications later on
>he's more machine than man now, twisted and evil
>incidentally, did I ever tell you about old Uncle Maul you saw round Tatooine?
>he was an ex Sith assassin, one of Sheev's first apprentices
>in his reign of terror, he was responsible for the deaths of millions and killed thousands personally, including my master and the only woman I ever loved.
>thinking about it, if he hadn't killed my master, your father might have had a more experienced teacher and have averted this whole mess
>he probably wouldn't have forgot to save your grandmother from slavery and sand people rape like I did, at any rate.
>later on I redeemed Maul and he became a good friend.

>anyway, as I was saying, your father needs to die because you can't redeem him

yeah that soresu to shii-cho switch got my dick tingly.

>mfw Obi literally baited out the same move that killed Quigon.

It's like

>how do you incorporate memes

I try not to, but last session the pilot entered a swoop race to help pay for a bunch of shit the party wanted doing to their ship.
I queued up some pod racer sound effects and cheering crowd, but then the player requested music and linked me a particular song.

I thought fuck it, why not. And then the race was Eurobeat

I find that paraphrasing God helps in regards to references of any kind.
When you do it right, somebody who doesn't get it won't be sure you did anything at all

It get's better when you consider that prior to Maul appearing out of fucking nowhere on Tatooine Lightsaber Dueling was considered a really archaic pastime, like Morris Dancing.
That was why Count Dooku was considered such a weirdo, on account of him mastering that.
And him passing it on to his padawan Qui-Gonn was one of the reasons why HE was considered such a maverick as well.

Then Darth Maul appears on the scene.

The Sith are back.

And all of a sudden Lightsaber dueling forms don't seem quite so uncool to learn anymore, and at the heart of this movement, this twirling laser glowstick renaissance is Obi-Wan. In that room. Trying to think what style he would need to beat Darth Maul.

The result?

The result beats 20+ Jedi Killer General Greivous to a standstill at least twice before killing him on Utapau.
The result leaves Obi-Wan Kenobi as the ONLY person to face Darth Vader and not lose once.

Sure both he an Luke beat him once. But Luke had to get his ass kicked and lose a hand first.
ONLY Obi-Wan has NEVER lost facing Darth Vader.

I mean, that final fight in the Death Star? Obi-Wan fucking led Darth around by the nose for half an hour without him getting anywhere. They LITERALLY got to the hangar bay doors from the fucking tractor beam before Obi-Wan decides to try out this force ghost trick Qui-Gonns been teaching him.

THERE WAS AT LEAST ONE LIFT JOURNEY INVOLVED IN THAT ROUTE.

>double Lothal Rebels
>Running big ships competitively
Not as Rebels you aren't

My advice, practice more. The Jumpmaster is tough (at least manaroo got nerfed) but it's not unstoppable.
I can beat U-boats with my Corran/Miranda list, but that's only because I spent my time getting stomped by it until I learned how to use my list against it.

Gimme yer home-made aliens /swg/.

Most of my homebrew aliens have been wildlife that have used other statblocks with some goodies. The most memorable was a dianoga fluffed as a dark side incarnation, stat wise I gave it sense and misdirect.

Obi-wan could have taken sheev like he was a nobody

That part I doubt. Palpatine fought Yoda to a standstill in RotS and by the Rebellion era, he had over 19 years to feed on the collective suffering of the galaxy. He was also older and more experienced than Obi-Wan. Old Ben would have given a good fight and bloodied Palps' nose, but he wouldn't have been able to seal the deal. He'd be tarpitted by a Royal Guard dogpile before even getting close to Palpatine, presumably while Palps made lightning pot-shots from behind his wall of guards.

No way.
Palpatine fought 4 Jedi masters, including one council member to a draw single-handed. Put that Sheev up against Clone Wars Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan's dead.

Even though Obi-Wan became a more superb duelist during his time on Tattoine, I can't see him beating old palpatine.

>you can't redeem him
Isn't that exactly what Luke does?

>Ever Peeving the Sheev

Obi-Wan was God Tier at using the force by ANH, so he might have been able to match him in that department, or at least put up more of a fight than Maul did.

Yes, but the fact that Obi-Wan didn't think it was possible was my point.
Had he redeemed Maul, or at least got him to cool his tits, he would have had first hand proof of a former Sith turning a new leaf

Maybe not in a straight saber fight, but obi-wan's crazy improv skills and superhuman skill at using any possible opening no matter how unconventional are what made him the second most dangerous man alive during the clone wars, and that might give him the edge against sheevy p

I just want to acknowledge this post.

But if he could beat sheev what's the point? Even a suicide mission that succeeds would basically end the Empire, since Darth Vader has all the subtlety of choking someone to death in a staff meeting. Without Palpy the Empire would fall into infighting within 10 minutes

>What's the point

I meant why didn't he actually do that fuck

Because of risk vs reward.
He thought Luke had a better chance of stopping Sheev than he did, so he kept his attempts to Cleave him at bay.
If he'd fucked up, Luke would probably have been accepted into the academy then spotted by Vader at a later date

Punk-ass bitches be ragging on the Aggressor, but I love the mini.

>your father needs to die because you can't redeem him

He was a good friend!

Rule Zero: Don't give your GM Ideas. your fellow players will hate you for it.
So if you come up with a cool way things can ll go to shit? don't tell the GM

This is entirely untrue. As a player, be creative and suggest cool things to the GM. It means you're not only engaged, but processing options. GMs eat that shit up.

If another player gets pissy, fuck 'em. Maybe they should have thought of their own badass idea.

Nice try, GM!

TTRPGs are generally not Player vs Player and not Players vs GM. Realize that it is supposed to be you and your friends having fun and you will go far.

For FnD specifically realize that at starting XP, you have rough the same skill level and force ability as luke at the start of ANH.

see

Don't be salty because your character died after ignoring every plot hook and trying to pick fights with random passerby.

But in all seriousness, TTRPGs are a team effort, and if one person tries to make it all about them, it can quickly go to shit and leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. intrapersonal conflict can be fun, but only if both parties want it, and no hard feelings are left afterwards.

I think it's the best looking of the three, it's got a distinct wing shape so it's way ahead of the TIE/sf and /fo at least. The bomber doesn't look awful but it does scream "video game with a low poly count" and the wookie thing just looks fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=mvcMQpBdbA4

New video's out. There's some audio problems at the very beginning, and I'm still sick as a dog, so I'm sorry for that.

Hey, I like the Auzituk

Yeah, I like the H-6, but it does have a very "early vidya" blockiness too it. Like Snake with his Mk 23 SOCOM.

I can't really blame FFG for any shortcomings with the gunship - it's not a very impressive CG model which makes sense since it only appeared for like 5 seconds in a shot in a pilot movie and some flat drawing since. It's got a helo look to it which is nice, and I can say it looks kinda Wookiee, but at the same time the coloring and the greebles aren't really appealing to me.

Anybody know when the 2017/2018 championship series is going to be announced?

Eh, I think you're underestimating Vader.

Vader's perfectly capable of subtlety, he just finds it distasteful. In that scenario he didn't need, or want to, be subtle. The point was to slap that smug fuck's shit for shit talking the force, and for everyone in that room to see it.

Saga had the fan made omnidex. Won't help with stats but it will list pretty much everything and where it's from. Any kind of force user in saga is pretty much Charisma all day every day

It is not for saga

Has anyone had a force user character that successfully redirected force lighting either away from themselves or back to the user like Uncle Iroh from A:tLA?

Yoda in AotC, but it's a lot slower than ALTA lightning and lightning reflects and you can direct lightning out the tip of a lightsaber.

Looking good. Any word on a c-roc release date?

Yes, I know. Which is why you take Wes. Any one of your ships can take one torpedo. And then they're still going to have to shoot him with their primaries.

Black One Poe also works to strip another lock.

At what experience do the FFG rpgs go totally off the rails? I have the feeling it's somewhere around 400, assuming the players aren't power gaming (in which case it would be much earlier).

Name one time Vader has been subtle

I believe it's "On the boat" so what, month or two to arrive and get distributed?

That's probably about right depending on your player's familiarity with the system

In the Darth Vader/ Doctor Aphra comics, he has subtle moments in those.

I know it can be redirected by a lightsaber, but I mean using ones own mastery of the Force to let it hit them, and redirect it out of their own fingertips while taking little to no damage.

instead of trying to resist the energy like a person swimming against a current, they go with the flow and then send the energy somewhere else

400+ for EotE and AoR

600+ for FnD due to force powers being a huge XP sink.

Yoda did his catch and throw back but it's far slower than what you're talking about.

He got through the entirety of New Hope without mentioning sand once.

I hadn't seen anyone hating on the Aggressor. It's the best looking of the three.

The Wookie thing is passable if and only if you make constant jokes about it being a space HIND.

Some podcasts, FFG forums, etc.

Though, some XWM podcasts are pretty autistic. For shuttle tydirium supposedly being about being casual, their hosts get really caught up in stupid details. "The TIE /sf should have a turret and the aggressor a rear arc because it clearly can't fire forward through the cockpit". Yeah, and the /SF blowing it's own panels off is better? Ever heard of pitch or roll? Yaw is assumed since ships have a nearly 90 degree firing arc despite being fixed forward.

Cloud City stuff. Han and Leia had no idea what was going on until they saw him in the dining room.

the best Maul is a dead Maul
he was always half the character Obi Wan was.

>half

He's not wrong.

Would a slugthrower shotgun be a "good" weapon to face a jedi with?

No, he'll see you before you shoot it.

Depends entirely on how the GM treats projectile weapons. Some people like 'It turns into melted projectile' and others like 'Gone, not getting through'.

Either way, I'd prefer something with a bit more ROF.

Melted projectiles don't make any sense. If that was how it worked Jedi would get a face-full of molten steel everytime they cut something in half.

Maybe.

In strict mechanical terms, for example, in FFG you can't Reflect area (Blast) damage and the GM is supposed to be able to rule what you can and cannot use reflect on - so a Scattergun might be useful in that regard. But a GM might also rule it just vaporizes and is useless.

In general, solid projectiles, area damage, non-plasma energy weapons (FIRE) are your good ideas.

I'm really angling to get a Verpine Shatter gun and see how that does.
Respect the railgun, bitch

Yeah but it turns up a LOT despite that in 'So how do I kill Jedi' talks. I'm not a fan of it myself.

Dutch and Norra , Dutch with the dorsal turret and r3a2 and Norra can do whatever

Better than most, I'd guess.

Even if you rule the pellets as still being deflected by the lightsabers force field, a decent spread would be impossible to block.

However, you still need to take into account their precognition and uncanny reflexes.

All in all, I'd go with either an automatic shotgun for maximum all-in or a sniper rifle you can ditch when you inevitably miss the headshot.

Is there a specific skill for quick drawing in D6?

Presuming they can't just use the force to blast wave push those slugs aside of course?

Generally bulkheads aren't travelling toward you at high speeds where just melting them doesn't actually do anything about their momentum.

Isn't there a canon comic with anakin and obiwan where they fight guys with slugthrowers and some of the slugs still hurt them because they just get melty and don't completely vaporize or something?

Explosives has been my go to.

Then there was the time a wounded inquisitor was trapped inside of an escape pod without a working lightsaber. Magnetically sealed the hatch then our outlaw tech drilled a hole in the hull. After rummaging around inside a janitors' closet we funneled a few gallons of bleach and amonia in to make a chlorine gaschamber out of that personal life boat.