Stat me, Veeky Forums - especially my alignment

Stat me, Veeky Forums - especially my alignment.

Basically lemongrab from adventure time

literally who?

Figuratively the Young Pope, Lenny Belardo.

is that show worth anything ?

No.

thanks for saving my time user

Yes

Lenny is Lawful Good, by the way. He's just not Lawful Nice.

now I am conflicted,
would you mind elaborating why the show is worth watching and not just money grab with the 'pope' thing?

Lawful Good. No question.

If we could get a pope like Lenny for real, I'd toss my fedora in the trash and convert to Catholicism in a heartbeat.

Jude law is best pope

Because it's actually a balanced and deep portrayal of the Catholic Church that manages not to fall either into hagiography a la "God is not dead" or a fedora-tipping fest. The characters are mostly deeply flawed people who have their various guilts and wounds, who nevertheless strive to do good, at least how they perceive it. With wonderful and super aesthetic cinematography to boot.

And on another level it's about the human condition in modern civilisation, after the figurative or literal death of God.

Wrong.
See pic.

Its probably one of the best tv-shows produced in the last decade. Cinematography is impeccable.

It's beautifully shot, but the story is... meh.

Lenny is lawful good personified

would agree, though apparently they were all over the place with the story since they kept being begged for a second season but originally wanted a one off. I suspect it might have affected some of the aspects of the show.

And what about this man?

The story is particularly gripping only if you're a Catholic interested in church politics with an opinion one way or another about the state of the church. Otherwise it's just a very well shot show.

>HOLY FATHER, THE CARDINALS

I'm leaning towards neutral good/lawful neutral

That's a high-level Cleric with levels in Bard.

VICARIUS FILIII DEII
SIC TRANSIT GLROIA MUNDI

Really? That's interesting. Since it was coming from HBO I figured it would be a Fedora Tipping Fest like True Detective, or just about any other HBO that deals with religion. I'm not a religious person, but I wasn't interested in the concept of watching an entire show shit on a single religion. I might give it a watch then.

Almost the entire cast are Catholic priests, nuns or cardinals, so it's pretty balanced in terms of morality in faith. Lenny is also a hardline traditionalist and is portrayed with quite a bit or sympathy.