Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you think will be the next super-meme game after PLD? Maybe Fluffy 3: No Bamboozle?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Please stay positive about SoM. Be relentless in criticizing Ssalarn's idiocy and we could still make martials great again!

Right now I am building apps for Legacy of Fire, WWW, and Shards.

Are there any other non-lewd heavy games that are open for applications, besides celestial tournament?

Hopefully, or not, if you don't like competition, Legacy of Blood and Fire will start picking up steam once PLD is settled and underway.

PLD closes for new apps tomorrow but it won't select until right before Legacy. We might just deal with PLD shilling, shipping, and shitting until it closes then salt until Legacy is forgotten.

Meanwhile, everyone forgets that RotRK is a thing.

I did forget. Though, probably a good sign for the game that we did, AM I RIGHT /pfg/?

Is it lewd? if it isn't I'll apply

Shitseeker fucking sucks and general threads are cancer. Enjoy your ban, trash

Thanks doc

I don't fucking want PLD rejects in LOBAF

Ssalarn, in particular, seems particularly hostile to my own commentary.

Said commentary has been completely dismissed by Ssalarn, only to be reworded and rehashed by other people, prompting Ssalarn to think such to be great ideas.

Subtly acquiring sympathy with cute Awoos... diabolical.

Don't take this one personal, bud. He does that to everyone the first couple times around; it takes three or four tries to actually get it through his skull.

Back in arcforge he was none too fond of numerical examples.

I was greatly annoyed at the time.

What I would really like for Ssalarn to fix, above all else, are:

1. The blacksmith being a horrifically overpowered class by Spheres of Might standards. It is completely and utterly overloaded: full BAB, good Fortitude and Will, 4 talents to start and 1 every level thereafter, significant attack/damage upgrades, major party buffs, huge crafting benefits, and so on and so forth.

2. The scholar being a near-worthless class. It has d6 HD, 1/2 BAB, 2 talents to start with and a new talent only every even-numbered level, and class features that are ultimately worse than the blacksmith's. The only things the scholar has going for it are the aspect infusion material imposition at 3rd level (all other material impositions are dreck), and blinding flashbangs at 7th-level. The class has nothing else in its favor.

3. The commander's secret ways at 7th-level, which is completely setting-breaking as established here: Something that the entirety of the Spheres of Might team should fix together is the supremacy of "do nothing but spam raw damage attack actions" builds. I have a charger build here and an unarmed build here that do nothing but spam the same attack over and over again in order to defeat enemies with great efficiency, though obviously, the charger is better at that.

>pfg teams up with 2hu against a common enemy

Pottery

Hey man, we might have a problem with 2hu's autism, but he serves a purpose; the guy is really impressive at breaking down top-end stuff, and that's damn near invaluable for explaining why some things in playtest are bullshit.

Hey, 2hu?

Thanks for just linking those instead of reposting them. I really do appreciate it.

The sweet fucking irony is that the Blacksmith and the Scholar are both Ssalarn classes. He defends the most overpowered and the most underpowered classes to the death at the same time.

>porkeye
>good at anything
No, he's a fucking moron who's attempts at "optimization" are fucking embarrassing garbage that only idiots who haven't actually read the material would think are good.

Fuck that stupid piece of shit

What are your thoughts on the SoM playtest, then?

>porkeye
Wow, that takes me back. It's like it's 2009 all over again and Veeky Forums is still looking fresh and new.

I'm starting a PF game soon where I believe I'm a god when I'm really just some aasimar that isn't aware that his daylight ability comes from that, any advice on how to start a cult in PF?

Gonna be honest, user, that seems really dumb and gimmicky.

As a GM, I'd also worry about you derailing my campaign and sidelining the other players for LOL GONNA START A CULT.

Utter dogshit, obviously

>Stand up from the table
>Tear up your character sheet
>Chant out "Eim leehving thah g'eym"
>Pack up your things and go home
That's how you start a cult.

Okay, but what specifically? At this point you're agreeing with 2hu.

The only thing I agree with that namefagging piece of shit about is that he should kill himself

You seem angry, friend.

Show us on the doll where 2hu touched you.

That's not intrinsically some sort of sin, user.

I know that, but for someone who's so worked up about 2hu being wrong and horrible, he sure seems to agree with him.

>namefagging
>someone who doesn't use a fucking name and is only identified by the images they post
That's not how it works, user.

>mfw PLD is at 29 apps and closing tonight
>mfw people are still shitting all over the DM

>being who you are
>not killing yourself
That's not how it works, user

That's some kinda poor-quality effort there, user.

Step it up a little.

Probably false flagging.

>hurr all the people who complain about 2hu are rabid witch hunters

Just proves how thirsty pfg is for a game

Well, pathfinder is dying faster than wow in 2014, so...

Got any character art you're just sort of hanging onto, waiting for the right moment?

How many apps does Shardwalkers have? LoBaiF? WWW? E8 Eberron?

Yep.

LoBaF has 17, with one or two pending. Some of those already put forth seem like they're pretty clear losers, though.

WWW already has 10 with weeks to go

I think it'll outstrip PLD

>the same 10 losers that apply to every game here
wow congrats bro you've really made it

>mfw everyone has forgotten that RotRK closes in two days.

Yyyyyyuuuup.

>implying we're not all losers anyways

Why are you so salty user

>mfw hard pass on that shit

Looks like shit, frankly

So; I wouldn't mind determining exactly what a '/pfg/' game is, so perhaps the next one I run could attract some of its benefits. Let me see what I've determined thus far.

Qualities
-Text based
-On roll20
-PBP-style application posting, in a forum
-Significant roleplaying depth promised- though I want to clarify about how this is done/promised
-Cute, lewd or comfy
-Sometimes a twist. 'Everyone is dragons', 'everyone is fluff', 'everyone is a princess'
-Usually some third party involved
-Extended recruitment time and vetting process

Benefits
-High-quality applications and characters
-Large numbers of applicants
-Much discussion on /pfg/
-Supposedly, high-quality roleplaying

Drawbacks
-Much discussion on /pfg/ (meming)
-High expectations
-Hard to vet characters fairly
-Harder to balance power level

Anything I'm missing?

cute, lewd, or comfy should be in drawbacks, also high percentage of bamboozles

No, that's exactly as reddit as expected, well done retard

the fuck does that mean?

we didit reddit!

>Large numbers of applicants
is in benefits

>Harder to balance power level
Bullshit. It's not harder, we're just fucking aware of the issue. Thinking the VoP Monk will be as powerful as the Cleric if the monk roleplays well is ignorant at best and delusional at worst.

Qualities:
Often people tend to go for higher powered campaigns, so 25PB or greater, 2/3 traits, a variety of 3PP allowed without question (PoW, SoP and others to taste) along with other restrictions such as no 9th level or equivalent casting, or gestalt rules.

Drawbacks: from player perspective many games never actually run. From a GM's perspective, you're playing with people from Veeky Forums and there are notable number of players who can bail out without warning.

Really, the qualities you want are based around vetting people with well written backstories because they tend to have more roleplaying "depth" than people who don't, and people with long stories tend to get invested more in what they're characters are doing. Vetting helps a lot as well.

>picking a shitty gimmick class should be balanced with picking a core class
You are the problem. Make stupid decisions get stupid results.

Backstory length =/= backstory quality

That's reddit you moron not here.

There's two separate points there.
>people with well written backstories because they tend to have more roleplaying "depth" than people who don't

>people with long stories tend to get invested more in what they're characters are doing

The two are not equivalent.

Isn't monk core? As well as Cleric?

My very favorite Tiefling NPC channeled the tempestuous urges of the Abyss into her music.

horrible waste of digits on a shitty attempt at a fake cringe post

Yeah, my tempestuous urges made her sing as well.

What's with the accusations today? We've got someone calling 2hu porkey (again), someone ranting that asking about /pfg/ game qualities is reddit, and now a comment on tieflings is getting stamped with "shitty attempt at fake cringe posts". Is there some sort of haphazard invasion happening? Did the something awful forums go down or something?

Some people can't get off without their drug.

>Some people can't get off without their drug.
>posted by a pedophile
Wow. Start using a trip so we can filter you.

You're baiting too hard, buddy. Tone it down a little.

>52341926
This is an intervention user. It's for your own good.

eyol

I imagine it's probably just break for some highschoolers who are shitposting.

They raised a shitposter from cryosleep

You idiots can't even read. The Pitborn feel the powerful urge to destroy, to break and shatter. The book says so real clear-like. Don't make a scandal from your own misconceptions.

In at least one of those cases something flew over the user's head

2hu, did you ever post the alchemy sphere nuke build?

I'm curious.

>hey guys here's my great build that doesn't actually function but in the fantasyland where I have friends they all really loved it

>hey guys, here's this build that shows how this 3pp supplement is utterly broken and should be nerfed
Hey Ssalarn.

>It w-works if you just convince your DM it works! It's all about how you twist the phrasing!
You people are retarded

You people should know you cant have both diverse sandbox system and have it be exploit proof at the same time

Have the cake and eat it too.

What phrasing was 2hu twisting in his SoM builds, shitposter-kun?
Oh, I know, but that's not an excuse to intentionally put out a product with glaring exploits.

Look at how improved alchemical fire and improved acid flask scale. Look at hybridization funnel (not from SoM, on SRD). Look at alchemical formulae and barrage spheres dedications. Smash it all together with Blacksmith chassis. Add 2+2.

>Not actually reading what you're criticizing
The majority of the problems touhou has brought up have nothing to do with the phrasing and are using the rules how they were intended.

Exploit proof? No.
Not having glaring easy exploits that anyone can pick up on and inadvertently convince GMs to ban the system? I god damn hope so.

Too late.

LOBAF's most popular character app is applying to get raped.

I've seen almost no discussion of lobaf characters other than gamze for being generic waifu bait + yugioh cards

Keep telling yourself that

Gamze is also Maice, aka femdom incarnate

I want to see Maice join a party where the party isn't going to deal with her domineering, but not in any sort of aggressive way.

Today, we're reviewing the prettiest of prettyboys, Ferris Idelonia!

>Born to a dead god's priestess
>looked after all the poor people
>unfortunately the poor people are murderous thieves when under tome control
>dear mother dies, and he runs away while seeing a guy pick up a book
>he goes to other churches but gets stabbed for his troubles
>confronting his stabber, this holy boy nearly creams his pants as the thief begs for mercy. It's a holy sign, right?
>now he stalks the land, getting off on maledom and being a living holy symbol.

Wow, this one's a bit of a mess. I can see the purpose of the app, but from a technical perspective is poorly written. Tenses are all over the place, language is confusing and repeated words and phrases stand out. While I try not to comment too much on technical writing, the app for Ferris really could have used another look or review by the writer to see if it made sense.

From a backstory perspective Ferris seems to make a huge leap in realising a random guy with a tome was the mastermind behind a crazed mob and sudden undead outbursts, as opposed to a librarian or someone in the local reading club. And tome manifestations from what I understand really focus on more one person or so rather than a whole mob.

THE GOOD: There has been a distinct lack of strongly religious members in the applicants so far, and Ferris hits it nicely. A strong if twisted faith that clashes with the Amurabi believers and natural philosophy and that while is still mostly pure can easily go down dark roads. It could be a good story.

THE BAD: The character itself is not too bad, but the leadup to it is. The backstory is convoluted and poorly phrased and really does make the rest of it offputting. Really, that's the main flaw I see with this.

Rolled 10 (1d11)

>Appeal: 4/5 Pretty boy Priest going full praise-the-lord with potential dominatrix attitude might work decently in the game.
>Backstory: 2/5 Let down by spelling errors and other technical flaws.
>Compatibility: 4/5 A decent chunk of utility and buffing but doesn't look like do much in a fights solo. Not too sure about character interactions currently.
>Setting accuracy 4/5 I was going to mark this down, but some of the more recent NPCs have shown that tome manifestations don't always end up with "and then she sprouted tentacles!" I'm still unsure whether a tome could affect a whole group so effectively, but the bad things happening does work out ok.
>Sexual potential: 3/5 There's some potential for both prettyboy shenanigans and pious fucking, but I'm not seeing a hugely greater appeal.

DEAD RELATIVES COUNT: 1! His mother is dead!

THINGS TO LOOK AT: At the very minimum, I'd have to say to look over the whole app and read it to yourself. There's a lot of potential but I just can't see past basic mistakes like spelling errors and poorly understandable phrasing.

Argh, too many new apps! I'm not going to be able to finish looking over all of them but will at least try to finish after the application deadline hits - there should be some time to update your apps before they're selected.

>Ferris
Nya.

Filtered

Is there a scan for monster hunter out yet?

I wish, but from what I've heard Paizo has proven they truly lost their way by utterly failing to capture what Monster Hunting even means.

I could not help but notice that Spheres of Might's technician class offers the following:

>Inventions: Every technician knows how to create custom items, called inventions. Inventions could be anything from a simple improved crossbow, to a powerful and complex machine that to the uneducated appears to be magic. Inventions are finicky, improvised things that require constant tinkering and fixing, and there is a limit to how many a technician can maintain at any one time. A technician can have and maintain a maximum of 1 invention at 1st level, plus an additional invention at 5th level and every 4 levels thereafter.

>Master Inventor: At 20th level, the technician gains a permanent +2 bonus to Intelligence, and increases his maximum number of inventions by 2.

This is one of the possible inventions:

>Powerful Round: The firearm is designed to manage more powerful shots than usual. Whenever the technician loads the firearm, he may choose to make the next shot powerful. The firearm’s damage die is increased by 2 steps. Firing a powerful round increases the firearm’s misfire chance by 2 for that attack roll. This may stack with an explosive round. Note: If you possess the chemistry insight, this improvement increases the misfire chance by 1 instead of 2.

>This improvement may be applied multiple times. The technician may increase the damage die of a shot by an additional 2 steps for every additional time powerful round is applied to the firearm. Apply the increase to misfire chance for every time this improvement is applied to a shot.

Misfire chance can be mitigated with the Equipment sphere's Firearm Fiend talent, as well as the (greater) reliable magic weapon special ability. A double hackbut starts at 2d12 damage (4d6 for size increase purposes, according to Paizo's FAQ), so a single purchase of powerful round already pushes damage up to 8d6.

Yes, but we're not talking about it.
>Monster hunter book
>nothing for Ranger or Slayer

Same. I'd love to see her in puella nonlewd version, if vult isn't going to bitch out on that.

Mostly because people wouldn't have an excuse to take her shit, whereas in a rape game they'll just roll over, spread their legs, and take it.

While we are at it, we should also look into the Sniping sphere:
>Deadly Shot: Whenever you use the attack action to attack an enemy with a ranged weapon, you may expend your martial focus to roll your weapon’s damage dice twice and add the results together before adding bonuses from Strength, weapon abilities (such as flaming), precision based damage, and other damage bonuses. You must choose whether or not to use this ability before you know the results of the triggering attack roll. These extra weapon damage dice are not multiplied on a critical hit, but are added to the total. For every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess, you may roll your damage dice an additional time. This stacks with similar effects, such as the Vital Strike feat.

Along with the Combat Sphere Specialization feat:
>Combat Sphere Specialization (Combat)
>Prerequisite: 1 or more combat spheres.
>Benefit: Select one combat sphere you possess, you treat your base attack bonus as 1 higher for the purposes of its effects, but not for attacks made with talents from that sphere. At 5th level and every 4 levels afterwards, the chosen sphere’s base attack bonus is treated as an additional 1 higher, although the sphere’s effective base attack bonus cannot be higher than your character level.
>Special: You may select this feat multiple times, each time selecting a different sphere.

Can anyone else see where this is going? While we could bring in Spheres of Power and its Encompassing Light and Glory magic talents for even more degenerate damage, let us keep this thought experiment self-contained to Spheres of Might for now.

Get the fuck out you autistic piece of shit