What went wrong?

What went wrong?

anime. Anime was a mistake.

It's flourishing in my area so I guess nothing went wrong?

Nothing. That ass is marvelous.

Baited everyone in by doing everything right, then went full retard by doing everything wrong in such a way that makes even Magic and YGO! blush.

Some one lay it down for me.
I play MTG
How does force of will compare
Love my self some weeb shit but how is it as a game?

I recently started. I've been a MTG player for that last 10 years and I'm finally giving up on it.
I wound up enjoying it quite alot. Your mana is separate from your main deck, all of the cards are much, much cheaper, and the level of degeneracy is overall, much low.
But there are still some degenerate things you can do if you wanna be that guy

Japs cannot compete with the west when it comes to TCG

>all of the cards are much, much cheaper,
We'll see how that hold in 15-20 more years

By the looks of that card design, fucking everything

I see nothing wrong with this

You're asking the wrong question. "What went wrong" implies there was a point where the game wasn't shit.

Racism >> /pol

Its awesome fan art doesn't get shown off enough. So much plot.

The makers have no idea how to balance the game. First aggro was way too fucking strong, you could start your first turn with just over half your life if they go first. Then control was way too efficient. Then my locals died and I haven't been assed to try and keep up with it because the news sources died.

What in the hell are you babbling about you fool ?

They can if they put some work into marketing over here. Look at Yugioh, that piece of shit card game has been going strong for some 20 years.

It's much more degerneate. It's not as big as magic so there is less of a competitive scene, but once you're there, it's far more degenerate than magic because it doesn't have nearly the same level as planning and precautions as magic does.

Post some degenerate stuff you can do, I'm actually curious.

>level of degeneracy is overall, much low.
Seriously? Maybe the game has changed a lot, but when I played in the Alice cluster games could be decided as early as T3. That's also not counting things like
>mana creatures can tap for mana starting at your opponent's turn, meaning you can hold wall of wind up to stop anything they do for their first turn
>Reflect/Refrain Even if they're banned it shows how fucking dumb this game can get.

Even though my foray into the game was brief, there definitely are obvious mistakes being printed. My beef with Magic over the last several years though is that they've gone in for super-"safe" design. And stupid shit STILL manages to happen in all formats.

Not him, but when I was playing I got T3 huanglong'd and there was nothing I could do about it
>T1 elvish priest
>My T1, cast herald of the beast lady, eat wall of wind.
>T2 elvish priest
>My T2, cast another herald, attempt to fight using duel of truth, flashes in pic related in response
>T3, huanglong (priest, priest, fiethsing, 3 multicolor lands).

That is entirely too much ass for how tiny her upper body is

Needs to do what Granblue did and be a mobage