/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 9 (1d26)

Scanon and Breadguy are in their heaven, all is sad in the General Edition

AP modifyers Sub-Edition

Strange non-Knight-head items were released (as well as Children of Sicarus and Sins of the Father), the Filiketos is being worked on, terminator loadouts are discussed but user isn't afflicted by the Nails you're thinking of, user's list is 100 Custards that will cover all your bases.

All of that and more in the previous thread >READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Imperial-Navy-Valkyrie-Sky-Talon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brexit with Titans when?

First for the ninth.

Claimed by the Ninth it is!

That's a big bloodthirster.

Are psi-titans the only LoW available to Talons?

888 points 3++ flying GC.
An'ggrath the Unbound

Claimed for the get of the Sorcerer King!

Are 3 quad mortars with divination ass-hole territory?

For you.

Yes, because you make an already tedious shooting phase take even fucking longer.

I'd love if my Custodes had access to Land Raiders. As nice as our grav transports are, there's a certain simple appeal to a AV14 5++ assault transport.

With venerable!
it also is almost 300 points, and only comes in godhammer flavour

So using Ahriman is annoying in itself?

How do I kitbash a Solarite Gauntlet for my Custodes Tribune? Just slapping a random powerfist on him seems like heresy.

Emperor and Horus died for this.

It's not Brexit; the Mechanicum ends up even closer to the Imperium after the story's done.

Using Thousand Sons with their legion rules is annoying and you shouldn't do it.

How about a very select power fist? Go to any bits store of your choosing and search "power fist", then pick the on you like.

Mine is gonna have to for maximum ora ora ora.

>Vulkan, get the promethium
>Mortarion, grab the phosphex
>Magos, open the rad
What legion/army is the best at utterly destroying a world without resorting to Exterminatus?

For you.

World Eaters.

Alpha Legion, they do spooky better than night lords, sneaky better than raven guard and decapitation better than Sons of Horus. Give them two weeks and six alpharii and the world will tear itself apart, no phosphex needed

If you mean destroyed in the sense of not even rubble left after being blasted so thoroughly, Ordo Reductor or Titan Maniples

Dark Angels Dredwing of course.

Death Guard and World Eaters, they were the go to legion to completely fuck everything up. Honorable mention to Space Wolves, who were basically World Eaters but with more restraint until unleashed.

>not ten good vets
one job etc

>Armies of huge monstrosities
>Living artillery
>Fearless swarms
>Agile and resilient warriors with a deadly touch
>Senses so keen cover and infiltration get nullified
>Terrifying specialized leader organisms, some of which are hunter killers, others spit death from afar and other induce shephard their creatures into greater bloodlust, all of whom can spin webs of eyes to better acquire information
>Squid flyers
Am I the only one who thinks the Mechanicum can Tyranid better than the Tyranids themselves?

No, you are not, because we are not drooling morons

AL are such goddamn mary sues.
>we spend 24 hours a day training in subterfuge, confusingly byzantine organisation, misdirection, all our mutable tactic options, and how to manage non-marine agents
>but we also have enough hours in the day to spend enough time on the firing ranges to be as good at shooting as any other legion
>and time to also train to be as good as any other legion in close combat
>and in armoured warfare
>and in void warfare

Understandable due to the sad way psychic powers are handled.

I am interested in which legions are well designed but still retain their unique character.

Rules wise I really like the whole Istvan legions crew, most of their rules do not clutter up everything but manage to impair a lot of character.

Well...World Eaters do seem to need a bit of work due to all the extra stuff one seems to have to slap on them...most of it being traitor-ish.

>THW no Endryd Haar War hound squad.

Same with SoH extra attacks..its cool to roll for extra attacks though and reinforces to take lots of dudes so its flavory.

Yes, yes we can. Although we don't have squid flyers unless you count Magos Crazy Eyes' Genetors, the Vulturax look more buglike to me. I describe their ruleset to people who haven't played them before as"Tyranids, but shooty and done properly."

>If you mean destroyed in the sense of not even rubble left after being blasted so thoroughly, Ordo Reductor or Titan Maniples
Yeah, destroyed as in utterly broken.
I suppose WE count, as they have killed planets in melee like their milder loyalist counterparts, the Flesh Tearers
I was reading the SW Exemplary battle. A bit of a letdown, the usual "It was a difficult fight with Heavy CassualtiesTM but then their better Destroyer squads arrived and killed everything using their unique skill of being issued better bombs and saved the day"
Lame.
Also, everyone has more restraint than the WE, that's no accomplishment, and even then, the SW needed discipline officers when not even the Warhounds or Warborn needed them.
Space Wolves have always been a bunch of savages and furries.

same with TS only they are also the greatest scholars in the Imperium and psykers.

Oh, I see. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything, that's all.

>t. another, less good legion
Superiority breed jealousy

Missed opportunity, i apologise
But when they fail, they fail bad. Not excusing anything, but it does make alphy dying more satisfying if it wasnt spoiled

same with SW only they are also the greatest executioners in the the Imperium and furries.

>>but we also have enough hours in the day to spend enough time on the firing ranges to be as good at shooting as any other legion
You know that's false.
When the AL trains to be good at lots of stuff
>A
Other legions train to be BEYOND GOOD at a particular thing, like shooting (IF) or chopping (WE)
>B
Non-conscious training exists, like hypnotherapy and the like. Inb4 "bullshit", that's how IH are briefed for their mission in 40k
>C
It's probably selected operatives and battlegroups rather than 2LOLEVERYONE, but you just bought the meme
Just as planned
You see it's not about being the best at everything, you just need to be better than the one you're fighting at a particular thing you need to, that's all.

Same with WE only they are also the greatest choppas in the Imperium and crazy

itt anons learn that some equals are more equal than others

It's a good thing Leman Russ is only acting savange :^)

That's an ugly gold

>Other legions train to be BEYOND GOOD at a particular thing, like shooting (IF)
And yet in Praetorian Of Dorn the AL dudes consistently outshoot the IF ones, generally getting noscope headshots while the fists fail to gun them down in return. While the AL are also simultaneously experts in sneaky beaking. I guess the IF centurion did manage to kill the AL sergeant in a fight, although it was a close thing.

Same with IF only Good Luck I'm Behind 70,000,000,000 Auric Bricks.

yeah but dorn then tanks alphies spear, so clearly the whole book is shit
also
>BL

That's what you get for wearing yellow with no helmets

>And yet in Praetorian Of Dorn...
>Falling for French's bullshit
That appears to be the problem, sir.

In Praetorian Of Dorn Dorn managed to out Alpharius Alpharius.

>golden with red accents
>not red with gold accents

For what raisin?

Same with IW only Not Even I Know How To Get Inside This One!

>It was merely an act

You can tell that that machine spirit is pissed off beyond mere human comprehension.

Too blood angel

>dude with Eternal Warrior somehow tanks Instant Death weapon
Welp, I'm at a loss with this one.
>BL
You're right there though.

I thought 30k BA were red with black accents.

And gold.

I would assume that a sneaky legion would be good at sniping and a little weak in melee.

gee dubb-ya

If Custodes in 30k got land raiders and/or assault vehicle spam they'd be nigh on impossible to beat.

They are not an army for conquering galaxies, I like their current playstyle

AND +1Str, thank you.
Fact: If the Custodes fighting at the Webway had been equipped with White Scar Glaives, the Emperor would still walk among men, Navigators Houses would have been destroyed and their genesamples been stored, and mankind would be traveling the stars through the Imperial SubWay

EC raiders are better.

So Blood Ravens hijacked land raider proteus?

If having red as your primary colour and having any gold on you makes you automatically BA, how do you paint TS then? And are the BA gonna give up their golden sanguinary guard a different paintjob just so that nobody confuses them with Custodes?

Because Daemons, Harlequins and DEldar are armies famed for their 2+ saves amirite?

This is unfair, EVERYTHING EC is one head length above every other legion.

Plastic Thunderhawk incoming!

Hopefully cheaper than the resin one.

Plastic dreadnought drop pod please

Plastic Angelus Scans when?

>plastic thunderhawk
>dual kit
>the version that's not the regular thunderhawk is miles better than the regular thunderhawk
>new weapon options that are better than anything on the regular thunderhawk
>some of the old thunderhawk weapon options won't exist on the new one
>got an inferior thunderhawk with illegal weapons? better buy our new thunderhawk
>not available for CSM

Kekked and checked

>Meme density overload

Makes you wonder if they're compensating for something...

As it should be

>Didn't understand the head lenght joke

If that's an actual thing, I am SO looting it for Filiketos engines. Not that much that looks Mechanicum-y there, though, apart from the fuckheug gun that might work for a crawler or something. Omnissah damn them for not being atompunk enough.

Simply PERFECTLY spotted brother!

>how do you paint TS then?
You use white.

Dual kit that guts the belly for the Transporters clamps is all I'll ever need again.

Is the thunderhawk transport gone from FW store?

Yeah it was out of stock for a long time and just disappeared entirely some time ago.

That's probably because no one ever paid £400 to move their Land Raiders slightly faster.

After googling that, that's solved my problem on how to model an Arvus modified for dropping Vorax. You could make clamps like that with Dunecrawler legs, really.

It's rules are a by product of a long gone age. I doubt most people who bought Thunderhawks of any kind took them to the table more than twice. It appealed to me since it was the direct link between my Marines getting to the ground prior to deployment but I couldn't afford one when it was around.

Perhaps the Valkyrie Skytalon would be useful as a base as well. However, it's currently Sold Out.
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Imperial-Navy-Valkyrie-Sky-Talon

Same here, being 25 and making your own dosh and actually having TIME to paint is really cool.

Sadly I will have a full schedule in the future.

Oh, thanks but I'm an Alpha Legionnaire. I'm just good at it that as well :^)

>about to suggest the Sky Talon
>it's no longer available either

The fuck is going on?

>5++
Wut?

all custards in 40k have 5++, including their 'naughts and raiders

Refractor Field.

Different user but aren't TS red and silver?

I wish FW did.

No silver. It's white

What are you working on /hhg/?

Ugh, at least you know who to emulate.

On that note, the perfect plot:
Playing EC and IH, as bestest friends. One for tonks and resilience and the other for glorious melee combat

One for being loyalist one for treachery.

Struggling to model Amon. Apparently he can disguise and with him carrying archaeotech pistol and force sword, I want to model him like TF2 spy, but i might be trying to meme too hard

Perfect.
Against SoHs and BA, double perfect

Amon is so cool, please show off your space Ben Kingsley later.

What lore would you use most on him?
I am partial to Telepathy.

How so? I did not know Sang and Horace were best Budds, everybody seemed to love them.

>Horace
Who?

Horus, you silly-billy.

I just like to imagine that the Sons of Horace run around.

This is a bit odd. What, have they tried to purge all the aircraft? Damn. I suspect that'll be a back-burner project anyway, I have plenty of other shit to build before I can start on my notebooks of mental ideas.

Filled the worst of some gaps in my Knight, didn't get them all but I deemed my new and useless greenstuff skill was a greater risk to the build than a small gap below the head that's going to be way away from line of sight and partially obstructed by an armour panel. Now to make the exhausts.