/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for N'Gasta

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nth for Amaranth.

2nd for fireworks

In other news, TES3MP (OpenMW's multiplayer fork), is going to have NPC sync by the end of the month
steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti

Any of you guys up for dressing up en masse as Fargoth for a little video?

Haven't been to these threads for a month or so.
Anything interesting happened? How rampant is ESOposting?

Bring back Dwemer. They're not lost, it's we who forgot them

Is that ESO? Why they have concept art for live Dwemer? Also, what's with that skin color?

I dig it, it looks pale and creepy like living underground would make it.

They're blue; if they were green they would die.

What do you mean about the skin color? Mer are always something odd

Playing TES Legends. Shortly after acquiring Goldbrand, you disguise yourself as the emperor after a failed attempt on his life, and lead a charge into battle, meaning that if it's canon or as canon as a card game can be Titus Mede did not wield Goldbrand during the Great War, but your unnamed hero did in his place.
Just thought I should drop that. Dunno if anyone here has played it.

It's by some Skywind artist I think.

It's canon in the sense some dude said it to encourage someone to do something similar. That's my take anyway.

Dwemer being very close to Aldmer probably had golden skin like chimer.

How so? Bosmer are very close to men while chimer and altmer are same color. Dunmer are the odd ones, but only because of Azura's curse or Tribunal's meddling with heart

The ghosts from Morrowind, when the effect was removed, were gray. Yagrum is also gray, but so are most Corprus-infected people. Maormer and Falmer, who should both be an offshoot of Aldmer, do not have golden skin. Doesn't seem too far-fetched that Dwemer would be grayish.

Gold altmer, gray dunmer, tan bosmer, white falmer, and green orsimer. Why not blue Dwemer

But then "golden souls" and "golden skin" make less sense.

>ghosts are grey
Because they're fuckind dead, kiddo.

No it's not ESO

Slow Friday, huh? I logged in to find no thread this morning. What's going on?

How come so few people look at the Nerevarine brandishing Wraithguard?

Speaking of Legends, and seeing how pic related will not be Ebonarm'ed from the lore, how would you guys like centaurs to be portrayed?

I'd prefer them to be Ebonarm'ed hard.

I don't.

Like Orcs but with horses permanently attached to their torsos.

I like them sexy.

holy fuck that wood elf prostitute

Forget her. That Dunmer throwing herself at the Nord fellow though....

Their a form of ritual transformation practiced and revered by the Bjoulsae horselords.

That actually sounds cool.

Really nice idea.

But the important part, do Bjoulsae tribes employ breeder/teaser cuckery in their marriage rituals?

What do you think would happen if a person ate a loaded would gem? Asking for a D&D friend

Do you mean 'soul' gem?

Goodness. Yes I did, friend.

I don't know lel

Indigestion

There's a lot to take in and enjoy with this picture.
The orc mother with the litter of orclings and clutch of eggs.
The probably-Camonna Tong agent in the shadows smoking skooma
The Hlaalu nobles reveling in their friend's failing attempt to remove a sword from an enchanted box.
The Nerevarine watching sheepishly - probably his box.
The warrior-wizard-rogue trio in the redguard, the hooded altmer, and the little bosmer.
The whores, oh my god the whores. That dunmer woman hanging off the ugly nord really tones my architecture.
The miserable argonian and attentive khajiit fanning the fat outlander - probably being shown a good time by the dunmer nobles to open up some trade opportunity.
Those two dunmer checking out the decorative plates.
It's everything I imagine Suran to be - steamy, sexy, seedy. A lot of art tends to expand towns, but this one works with what's there - this is an easily recognizable location in the game world with only a little artistic licence.
But god, those prostitutes are my favorite part.

I told them it might be possible for a mage to "set it off" and release the raw magicka directly into their tissues which could be extremely harmful and just try to expell the gem, but they rolled too low.
does the soul within the gem retain it's personality or does that go straight to the Cairn and only the magicka remains in mundus?

>the little bosmer
He has a name you know...

Now this picture, it does expand the town quite a bit - but I really like how it does. The lit windows look positively electric, as if this could be a 20th century fantasy world, a Tomorrowind-that-was. From the late night boats, the silhouettes in the ever ascending streets, lanterns hanging over the Silt Strider, it's very comfortable; I imagine a warm night next to the waters, the smell of incense from the Temple and Saltrice and Corkbulb from the plantations mixed with Marshmerrow in the waters. I hear waves breaking, mournful keening from the Silt Strider, distant shouts as the last kollop fishers head in, maybe a scream or a moan from Desele's.

Are ice wraiths people or animals? Occe people? Once animals? Some eldritch shit?

Spirits.

Pretty sure only black soul gems relay to the Cairn, and only when the soul is spent as well.

Souls do seem to retain some form of personality initially, but it seems that with time, a soul bound or enchanted to an item will begin to degrade or dissipate, or even go mad. I'd imagine animals aren't really effected in the same manner though given they don't hae very complicated minds.

>On Spring Break
>Have to wait till the end of the week to get another thread.

The next Elder Scrolls needs to be set during the time that led up to their journey out of Tamriel. It would be epic to witness their cities in their prime.
>Dwemer tech buzzing about
>Dwemer castes going about their business
>Small units dealing with Snownigs coming from Atmora looking for loot
>Keeping the Falmer in line to mine those minerals
>Magic and technology go hand in hand

It'd be beautiful

What we need is TES:Resdayn with Dwemer and Chimer in all their glory and epic endgame (Battle of Red Mountain) with many options from siding with Tribunal or Kagrenac to taking control of Numidium yourself.

Be the original Nerevarine. Also, meet Vehk the transsexual prostitute.

Why DO the Telvanni use (mortal) slaves so extensively? Most seem beyond the need for them.

You wouldn't have the -ine.

And I feel that a game like that would need to be handled by a different studio on contract... Like Koei, Exactly like Koei to be specific, because that's some Dynasty Warriors type shit.

Or maybe the Mount and Blade guys.

I thought the Chimer did have some changes that only got more severe after Azura's curse.

Damn you.

I think that's supposed to just be a Dwarven or maybe even bonemold arm piece.

The digital cardgame has a (Possibly canon?) story mode? odd.

Higher res.

>It's everything I imagine Suran to be - steamy, sexy, seedy. A lot of art tends to expand towns, but this one works with what's there - this is an easily recognizable location in the game world with only a little artistic license.
I've not been to Suran much outside of basic quests nearby like the False Incarnate and Umbra what's there worth doing?

Count me in, I'm so fucking hyped for TES3MP

can somebody tell some lore about this island that is in Topal bay

What is this? Tamriel the Antrena?

Not really desu, it's a small town shit hole with a few merchant deals and little else, but this picture is nice and gives it much needed character.

Suran is filled with filth and disgust, don't go there

I think Resdayn game should mostly focuse on on peaceful times and journey of becoming the Nerevarine (or something else like Tonal Architect for Dwemer) before the war. The war would be just end of the game and I would be satisfied with cutscenes and ending slides, but having special Mount and Blade style tactical sequences there would be nice too.

I'm thinking about doing some morrowind stuff in 28mm, since sculpting and casting some shields and armor should be doable. But what conflicts are there on morrowind, I'm thinking about ~30-50 models per side. Skirmishes between the houses or raids on caravans? Also how is the equipment distributed? I guess the leather, chitin and iron armor is common, while steel and bone is more rare? But what about Dwemer, Ebony, Daedric and Glass stuff? Would a caravan leader or some kind of high ranked house bodyguard own single pieces or is it even more rare?

>Nerevarine
Holy Vehk, get your lore right, guys.

Are you particularly thinking about conflicts between Dunmer?

I wanted to 3d print Morrowind stuff, but I don't know how to extract and "pose" 3d models

Conflicts with more races would be better. My knowledge about the fluff is really limited, so it would be ok if you'd tell me where/what to read. I tried googling for it, but the various wikis don't contain that much information.
If morrowind isn't the place for it, I guess should try skyrim. But what I got from the game was, that it's basically nords vs imperials or nords vs nords and maybe some mercenaries incorporated or these wild witchpeople ( I forgot the name). The problem is, skyrim feels a little aesthetically bland when compared to morrowind, even though the conflicts might be more interesting.
My first idea for a caravan was:
- group(s) of warriors guarding the caravan. ranged/melee light infantry
- a group of warriors from a certain house protecting something/someone. heavy infantry
- leader of the caravan. elite warrior of some sort
- some kind of pathfinder/hunter guys
- nord mercenaries. typical barbarian light infantry
- specialized mercenaries from mage/warrior guild
- silt strider. monsters

You see, I want to put this stuff into wargame categories....

I'd say go with the game when it comes to armor and weapons. That is Daedric weapons/armor are exceptionally rare, glass is mostly for Armigers, ebony is more common (but only for rich nobles or those who rob them), weapons of glass and ebony are far more common than armor etc.

Slow weekend. Spring break? Anyways, just wanted to post the last Suran art I have.
Does anyone have prints of TES art in their house? What's the running cost of stuff like this?

I do embroidery and have been thinking about making banners/personal clan pendents and that sort of thing. I have a real interest in lore beyond what is just in books, but what also makes up the culture. So pottery, tapestry and etc are really fascinating to me

Magic lore question, if I enchant a piece of cloth and sew it to another piece of enchanted cloth, will they stack, combine, or nullify?

I'd say they work still work like being separate pieces. So effects are combined.

>their journey out of Tamriel.
You mean thier autistic quest to become skin for their new fedora god?

Id imagine they wouldnt work for this reason, while a lot of clothing is obviously used for covering the body, a lot of clothing culturally has religious, spiritual and cultural significance. Destroying a piece of this would nullify that significance.

Depends on the enchantment. Not all of them are spiritual. Some of it's just soul/magicka driven technology. I can still see it causing bugs in the program if sewing harms fibers that enchantment is woven into.

Well I didnt mean that the enchantments are particularly spiritual, just that garments tend to be culturally significant and that this significance sort of acts like a binder more or less

everything about this post is offensive to me.

We really don't know enough about enchantments to say how they are made, but it would seem that things like that only matter if the enchantment is done by binding something living and sensing (like a daedron) into an item or enchantment relies on mythopoeia like some really powerful ones such as Wraithguard. Most enchantment seem to be more like technological devices (in which it's more important that it has all the parts) though.

Elvish werewolves, Merwolves, doesn't that just want to make you puke? What sort of werewolf comes from an elf? Or even an argonian? Just gross.

Wolf form is actually same regardless of race if the games are of any evidence. Transformation will look different, but I'm pretty sure it's always gross.

It's the from that Hircine gives, so I imagine it's mostly in his image

The masses are aware that the Aedra are dead, yeah? Friends of mine are debating such.

The Aedra aren't dead.

The masses don't know shit from a haystack, that's why they're the masses.

Elves might be somewhat more aware of the fact, but generally speaking, no.

The Aedra are not dead. This is literally a meme.
The only god that is dead is Lorkhan, and that's only by the means in which something divine can in any sense, actually be dead.

What's the difference between the Ada and the Aedra?

Ada are Aedra and Daedra.

Ok but what about the gods that aren't Aedra or Daedra?

Every Et'Ada who's not Aedra is either Magna Ge or Daedra.

Lorkhan, sithis, Anu, etc. dont qualify as any of those

Sithis and Anu are not Et'Ada.
Lorkhan is both, kinda.

>old man "Wulf" getting sweet Azura action
>tfw you will never save up your earnings for a trip to Suran, purchase the services of a hot young """acrobat""", and down a cure-disease potion on the way home
What a cruel world it is

Easter isn't till the 16th, so I doubt it's spring break for most people.

What about someone like Xarxes?

Aedra.

source?

Varieties of Faith

>Xarxes is the god of ancestry and secret knowledge. He began as a scribe to Auri-El, and has kept track of all Aldmeri accomplishments, large and small, since the beginning of time. He created his wife, Oghma, from his favorite moments in history.

This does not say he's an Aedra. It says he was Auri-El's scribe, but he also gave info to Herma-Mora, which lead to creating the Oghma Infinium. So theres no clear answer on what Xarxes is

From PGE3:
>...no longer did the Aldmer worship their own ancestors, but the ancestors of their "betters." Auriel, Trinimac, Syrabane, and Phynaster are among the many ancestor spirits who became Gods.
Xarxes is a part of modern Altmeri pantheon.
Aedra literally means "our Ancestors".

Add up 2 and 2.

Ada just means spirit, any spirit.

So the Camoran Usurper is what happens when a Conjurer gets off his ass and gets to work.
And Mannimarco is what happens when a Necromancer nigga goes to work.

What happens with an Alterationist Nigga?

I had spring break last week.