Warhammer 40,000 General

New thunderhawk incoming edition

>previous thread

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning of Prospero Imperial Datasheets.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>posts gay anime op

Do we have the rules for shadow war armegeddon yet?

Now that people are actually running fucking CSM units again, I expect more people have painted ones. Show me your CSM bros, the normal traitor tacticals are my favorite mans both model and fluffwise.

Not yet

Am I kawaii, Fulgrim-senpai?

where is that mutant arm from?

Mantic's Dreadball Extreme's plague team. I used a lot of bits from it to do a similar possessed squad. Unfortunately I'm not at home to take photos of them though

Thanks.

Damn you user

Now I want to see Sailor Moon fight Abaddon

As-yet unpained because I'm a modelling autist and a very mediocre painter.

Run forrest, run!

Think they will release Mortarion?

>tfw it was inspired by the exo-suits in STALKER but I like the idea of it being a leg brace for dicky bionics

I still like it, it's cute

Been playing dozens of games mostly as sisters over the last month on tabletop sim, with 3 friends. They mostly play Ultramarines, Death Guard, and Dark Angels with the occasional Eldar, Tau, Alpha Legion, Nids, Blood Angels, Orks, and Khorne Daemonkin. I want to say some shit and have people tell me if I any of the conclusions I have reached are bullshit, or only worked due to our meta or my luck, I want to make an army out of actual real models and don't want to make a shitty one. I've won about half my games, and we usually play 1v1v1.

>Canoness should be either blank to fulfill HQ or +eternal warrior, 4+inv, eviscerator.
>If you want to go cheap, consider Veridyan instead.
>Celestine is cool as shit until you try to melee a LoW bigger than her or anything with 2+ armor. Good at tank hunting.

>5 sister squad with heavy bolter is good.
>Adding a flamer is okay sometimes.
>20 sister squad with nothing is also good. Or a second AoF is k.

>Command Squads can go 4-5 heavy flamer or 4-5 multi-melta but not much else is worth doing.
>Hospitaller is optional but good, unless against S6.
>5 condemnors+psyocculum inquis is hilarious if you are against psykers, unless it is magnus.
>You can make a really expensive melee command squad and cry when they die because T3 I3 and do nothing anyway because S3.
>Celestians are pointless

>Repentia are T3 I3 and S6 after eviscerator with only a 6++ and get a feel no pain AoF in melee that gets ignored constantly. Not worth.
>Don't forget their grenades if you do take them though.
>Priests help but only 50% of the time because Ld 7 for war hymns and 15 points to bypass that.

>Dominions can only really take 4 melta and outflank, but demolish one unit before dying. Savvy opponent will not place anything within range of table edge though.
>Seraphim can fix that by deep striking with inferno but are really expensive, can mishap, or land out of range. Not worth.
>Basic seraphim still good for capping and are decent in melee.

cont.

>Immolators with flamers for Dominions, multi-melta for everyone else.
>Storm bolter on every immolator to protect against inevitable weapon destroyed. Same for exorcists.

>4 heavy bolter retribs is 100 points. An exorcist is 125. You have 3 slots.
>Exorcists will annihilate anything they fire at unless you roll a 1-2.
>They will also be lascannoned, deep striked, vindicare'd, strafed, and flanked turn 2 every game after that.

>Penitent Engines are really dangerous if they get in melee. Two heavy flamers followed by six S10 ap2 attacks (though at I3).
>Only 1 out of every 3 will get into melee due to how fucking fragile and slow they are without the option for deep strike
>Still projects an aura of "don't fucking come near me" though

>Forgeworld Avengers are the coolest shit and really good. Also the only way you will get to fire at things in the sky without fortifications/allies/lucky immolator shot.

Overall shit I learned:

>Never try to melee unless you want to tie someone down who can't get through power armor or will get charged anyway.
>Never take Repentia.
>Always go for the 5++ invuln trait.
>Basic bitch is 12 points for 3+/6++ with a bolter. Good shit, if you have enough of them.
>You can take bolter+bolt pistol on squad leaders
>Vestal's re-roll 1's on saves for a turn is garbage, ObSec is better.
>Depending on who you are against, your choice between flamers or meltas could decide the entire match. These are basically your only two choices so there is no in between but you can bring a lot of both, and then you just have to apply them correctly and hope you have enough of the right one.
>The only weapons you have that can hit 24" and be threatening are multi-melta, exorcist, and the avenger. Either get close or focus on those plus allies.
>Taking three exorcists under 1500 makes people mad.
>You can't afford an avenger in real life.
>Vindicares are your friend.
>6++ saves save vehicles constantly. Don't fucking forget them.

The lack of complete armies on TTS triggers my autism. How do you do it?

PRIME IT
will look dope tho

I just made some greenstuff-modified mk3 plague marines and now theyre releasing new models. ow.

Also are Renegade knights battle brothers with both CSM and Orkz? Thinking of getting the double kit for an Ork and CSM knight if thats the case maybe.

Does a formation need a dataslate in order to be fielded outside of a decurion? (ie: say I wanted to field the KDK War Engine formation in a Chaos Space Marines army, would I be able to do that?)

they're allies of convenience for orks

ree

How heretical of me would it be to convert the ravenwing bikes from dark vengeance into imperial fist bikes?

I don't want to have to buy another box this close to 8E.

what, does your meta only allow battle brothers? AOC is fine. Not like orks have any buffs they could use on the knight anyway

theyre a bit too fancy for imperial fists but you could probably make it work

I'd feel bad lobbing off the wings though, would it be too tacky to leave them on?

Ravenwing bikes are great for captains and chapter masters on bikes since they're the only ones that have any amount of detail and accessories.

I didn't think of that, I suppose it could save me buying a chaplain and use one of them instead. I could just cut off an arm and use a power fist.

Where to put the crozius though....

i mean with a bit of cutting and converting it could work

One note,

BSS with HF,F and/or Combi-Flamer in Immolator are the best thing you have.

HB, SB x2 are only good in 10+ (ideally 20) sitting on an objective

Unless you know before hand you'll need meltaguns in your BSS just go for the HF+F

Repressor + Melta Dominions mitigante the smart opponent not leaving shit on the side. That front 13 helps a lot.

Repressor with Ret or command squads with HF are funny enough to take.

PE need 6 models in order to work. Anything less than that is tempting fate.

Castellans allows 6 Heavy support. So 6 PE and 3 Exorcist is possible. Also PE with hatred are pure sex

Oooh pretty.

I like this
idea though, I can use one for a librarian and one for a chaplain, save the other for when I have another HQ that needs a bike.

THANKS Veeky Forums

I do stuff like use the SoB DoW1 air superiority fighter model and just call it an avenger, though you could use an IG bomber. And then have names on basic units denote what equipment they have if there is no model with it or if it differs from the model like "Exorcist with Storm Bolter". You might have to do stuff like call chainswords powerswords or bolters storm bolters but you usually don't have to go too far, and as long your opponent and you know what it is it all works. The fact that you can stat a model to tell you what it has on mouseover helps a lot.

It's not perfect, especially if you play SoB or DEldar since they are lacking a lot of basic stuff, but you can make it work. If you play space marines/IG/Tau/CSM then 99% of the variants you want have a model already, probably even in different colors and styles. Eldar have a few as well. Every army has most of its models at least, and there is a discord community for TTS that has a lot of modders and artists and modelers who are shitting out stuff about every day now. They recently began 3d scanning models and uploading them.

I like this a lot. Now paint your fukken shit or all your work was worthless. Prime black, Leadbelcher spray, recess wash nuln oil, hit the flat areas with runefang steel or ironbreaker. Edge highlight stormhost silver. Get some tamiya 6mm modeling tape off amazon for like 5 bucks. Use it to paint all yer stripes. Fill in the details. You've got this. Iron within.

I still have to strap a meltagun to his bolter (there's a heavily-converted flamer slung under the chainsword on the other arm), and I'm not 100% happy with his axe yet. In the very least want to file down the cog and replace it with something Chaos-themed. Maybe add some spiky bits to the spine of the blade.

>this mini is over 15 years old and has gone through numerous incarnations over the years and inevitably got shelved with each edition of fuckery from GW
Poor bastard has never even seen table time. Always playing second fiddle to old reliable, the twin Lightning Claw Lord that was formerly intended to be a Chaos Lieutenant for smaller games.

A billion years ago I created a custom basecoat (equal parts Boltgun Metal to Black Ink, with a drop of dishwashing liquid to break surface tension and help the two mix) that airbrushed on in a really nice dark titanium colour. Would Leadbelcher and Nuln Oil be the modern equivalents?

Way ahead of you on the Tamiya tape, picked up some 3mm for exactly this reason.
>I'm not going to let the potential AoS 8th Edition rob my motivation, it's already happened twice before over ten years, I WILL finish this fucking army!

Oh if you're going for a -very- dark metal, leadbelcher and boltgun metal are equivalents. Actually leadbelcher is a bit darker inherently. You can darken it if you hit the whole thing with nuln oil (a black wash) but Id mix it with lahmian medium or equivalent thinner to keep it from drying in uneven blotches on the flat armor surfaces. That'll be a bit of extra work though so decide how how you like the look of standard leadbelcher with dark recesses first before you take on additional effort.

Sisters vet with 10+ years of irl experience here.

The cannoness either goes full ham, or not at all, especially with IA. You vs. Take priests for a cheap mandatory HQ now. I swear by Combi-plas and Evicerator myself.

That leads me to the command squad. Combi-plas+flamers and hospi are a real thing to try out as a group for your canoness. The combi is nice for when you disembark and can't charge anyway.

Props for the blob. That was my favorite thing back in the WH Codex. Currently. It's less than optimal, but can be painful to the msu style of game by sheer math.

You didn't mention Seraphim, and that makes me sad. They're my favorite unit and can really down units in wounds on faith turn.

I've found that 2 exos and 1 Ret is a good ratio.

I probably should have included an example. Pic related. it's on the workshop

For some reason I had not thought to try flamer sisters with a melta transport. Pretty balanced option. Will have to try that. I've always done HB and had them sit on points.

I also didn't even consider the repressor for dominions due to the lack of multi-melta but of course dominions don't need one on their ride so I'm just retarded.

I have done heavy flamer command squad on a repressor and killed a few hundred points of units in one turn which was amazing. Never tried it again for some reason though.

Last game I played was a for fun 1000pt pure repentia/priests + three pairs of penitent engines list against CSM. I had one penitent engine left at the end but I tabled my opponent turn 4. It was pretty great. Though he didn't bring much anti-tank.

I'm always wary of castellans due to the list of possible units being weird, like how it has command squads under HQ instead of elite. Though now that I think of it I could take command squads instead of real HQs and be fine, or even better than fine. Did they ever FAQ that?

You expanded my list of possible tactics a decent bit, and it was lacking. Thanks.

I mentioned seraphim, but only a little bit, as I ran out of space. I really love them though, they're fun and cool as fuck and I would kill to be able to stick my canoness with them. I'm always kind of wary of combi-weapons but I always have an intense desire to try more plasma on my sisters.

>Think they will release Mortarion?

Gw showed him in a teaser like 2 days ago.

Sup, Veeky Forums. I'm considering integrating Focal Points into 40k as a secondary objective to certain missions. Basically in addition to the objectives you'd have ground you had to hold.

At the end of either each turn or the game, you score 1 point or the objective's worth for having the most points worth of units within range of the focal point.

I can't decide if it should be a 6 inch radius or a 12 inch, if it should be turn-by-turn or end of game, and I'm also worried as to who this would inordinately benefit.

I feel like this gives a lot to drop pod space marines? But on the other hand, it's fairly easy to out-point cost the drop pod.

It'd also give a weird, but good reason to take things like mork/gorkanauts.

Leadbelcher on its own will be too bright so I'll try darkening it with Nuln Oil prior to spraying like I did with my older minis. Some more Nuln in the deep recesses and heavy drybrushing with the lightest amount of paint with a really bright silver like Humbrol #11 gets a nice shaded effect, and you can create interesting contrasts by working areas that will pick up lots of paint like bionics, while leaving flat armour segments mostly alone.

Did I spend too much on dedicated anti air in this?

Or in general are there any big mistakes?

Termilibs go in the LR, other one goes with LCdevs for prescience.

termlibs are going for invis/veil of time

> (You)
>I mentioned seraphim, but only a little bit, as I ran out of space. I really love them though, they're fun and cool as fuck and I would kill to be able to stick my canoness with them.
That's how it was back in the day. No one knows why they took away the canoness's jump pack, but she was a faith monster back then. I actually fluffed my order based on the loss of my old jump canoness.

>I'm always kind of wary of combi-weapons but I always have an intense desire to try more plasma on my sisters.
I started using combi-plasma because of Centurions, but fell in love with the combi-plas+flamer squad from its first use. It fills a niche that melta can't, which is multi-wound T5 units. Exorcists are nice, but are always target #1 and wildly unreliable.

> Six men in that one dev squad
> Powerfist on the chaplain
> Centurion Assault Squad, ever
> Chainsword and boltgun on that one sarge
> Shield Eternal on one random-ass librarian
> 2 stalkers instead of 3

These are the things that I find questionable here.

Downcheesed my list a bit, 3 tanks felt overkill for 1250

Do you think this would be fun to play/play against in a fairly relaxed meta?

Ablative wound, I can't afford two
Powerfist because of angel of sacrifice guaranteeing at least one hit
I like the model
Chainsword should be a pistol, I must have misclicked
He's going to be stuck in, and doesn't have EW. Does he not need it? Would a storm shield suffice?
I didn't want to spend more on AA than necessary, is there a big bonus in taking 3?

Ty for criticism

I guess, yeah.
A storm shield would be fine on that one librarian.
And having 3 Stalkers gives you Ignores Cover, which is huge on anti-air. Anything in the air can jink, full stop. Jink is how they survive, and Ignores Cover strips it from them.

Ok, I will change that. If I drop the devastator, go with storm shield, and add a stalker that leaves me at 15 points over. Should I get rid of the deathwind launcher?

I am not completely against not using the centurions, however I really want to use my damn librarians!

And I only have one non-terminator model, so I need something termylike to stick them with.

I am open to ideas on that.

I suppose I could go with bikes and use a ravenwing bike to say "Oh that's a librarian"... twice. Is that better than centurions?

How good is jink really? 4+ cover is strong but snap shooting seems pretty debilitating for most flyers. My friend who plays Elysians rarely uses it as Valkyries etc. are the big guns and can't afford to lose a turn of shooting.

Drop Rando space marine from the dev squad, the shield eternal down to a normal storm shield, and the extra armour from the crusader. Grab another Stalker. Ignores Cover cannot be overstated.

So, deathwind > extra armor?

I can dig that

Fuck. I forgot Extra Armour was only 10 points. Yeah, drop the Deathwind instead; extra armour's not bad.

I can appreciate playing models you like, and if you're doing a Sternhammer and not abusing the cheap auxiliaries you're not really playing competitively anyway. Keep the Centurions.

What are the cheap auxiliaries? Do you mean cheap point wise or cheap tactic wise?

I have that list saved, and this is what I have using bikes instead. I have 120 points left, trying to figure out what to use them on.

Cheap point-wise. You can literally just drop in a squad of devs as an auxiliary and be good. Or 3 vindicators - not the best units in the 'dex, but a fair distance from the worst. Also, you can drop in a thunderfire cannon or a centurion squad and go from there.

Oh, I try to use auxes that have a bonus. Feels like it's more fluffy, probably going to get me tabled though. I could throw in a vindicator at 120, but I won't be able to use the apoc blast.

Recently started a cult army. Almost done painting these guys. Sorry for sht pic quility, but i took these in the middle of the night.

how did i do?

Better than the last Cult players paintjob that I saw on here. I like it.

I've built my rust stalkers with the claw and razor, in combat do i chose one or the other to use or can i use both profiles? Sorry for the noob question

Orange looks great and the exact kind of colour you'd expect mining coveralls to be. The blue carapace needs more highlighting though.

Thanks, they still need some highlights here and there. But i am pretty happy with how they turned out.

Yeah you definitely need more highlights but it's looking good so far. Solid WIP.

cut the wings off and then greenstuff the wings on the front so they're flat

Chord Claw just gives one of the models' attacks Fleshbane, with the same weapon profile as the Razor.

Kill all grognards

has everyone quit and started burning their models because age of guilliman is real?

Not yet, we're waiting to see just how bad the damage is when we get a full rules leak.

>Sisters - Ld 8 base
>Commissars - Ld 9 base
>Scions - Ld 7 base

Are stormtroopers just Schola Progenium wash-outs?

Tabletop simulator just updated and it includes an increase of the 1 gigabyte limit on steam cloud file limit to 100 gigs.

So now mods have literally no reason to ever use external file storage.

Client side storage means that GW can't ever delete your files

Nope, but the combat rules are supposed to be basically identical to Necromunda. My guess is that the territory and skill-up campaign rules will be tweaked for the new background though.

No, you just don't get any of the benefits that formation might have gotten from the Decurion. Formations are detachments themselves.

repostan

I already have sisters of silence from the BoP box, and aparently the new box added new rules and costs for these girls.

Could anyone tell me what the rules are for the Vigilator Squad? I can't find an online version of the SoS "book" and there are only vague images to be found, which might set them at 65 points for 5.

Also, is weapon mixxing out of the window in this version of the SoS?

Pic urelated but she hates witches too.

Looking good. Just be sure to finish your bases.

Funny thing is normal guardsman, veterans, storm troopers and even guardsman fukken marbo is ld7 while penal legionnarie are ld8

Guess the bomb collars really make your blood pump up huh?

They aren't destroying the galaxy, so I don't see why I would. I've played through radical rules changes before.

You're right about Canonesses.
I use Celestine as a Distraction Carnifex, so I've never gotten her into fights like you've described. That sounds about right though.

I tend to run 5-girl squads with a heavy flamer and plasma priest. I guess it depends on if you're using a CAD or not, as the Heavy Bolter gives good firepower but severely restricts the unit's mobility.

You are correct on Command Squads and Celestians.

Repentia are situationally useful. If you run a ten-girl squad and they successfully get their charge off, they get so many attacks (thanks to Rage) that even if a lot of the squad dies before Initiative, they'll still be able to kill or at least mortally wound whatever they're fighting. I typically use them in this manner against TEQs. They're also good against vehicles thanks to armourbane. All this being said, they're not exactly my first choice for a SoB army due to the reasons you mentioned.

I haven't had the issues you've described with Dominions, but I could see what you're describing being a problem.
Seraphim are primarily designed to skirmish, not kill things. Basically, you find an enemy unit you want to lock down, charge them with Seraphim, and use Hit and Run repeatedly to make sure they can't do anything all game.
You are correct about storm bolters.

Exorcists are pretty much always your best bet. Make sure you're hiding them in cover though because they are really tempting targets.

You are correct about Penitent Engines and Avengers. You also might want to check out Repressors, they're pretty fun.

>Taking three exorcists under 1500 makes people mad.
Yes, but said people aren't usually playing a low-mid tier army like you are, so they can suck it.

>Vindicares are your friend.
So are Imperial Knights (if you have one).

>6++ saves save vehicles constantly. Don't fucking forget them.
Yes, yes, and yes. This is one of the biggest things my opponents hate about SoB.

why can't fantasycucks fuck off to where they belong?

I don't think 40k SoS have separate types of squads. It's all rolled into the one unit entry.

Not that I'm actually playing games

>be overflowing with so many fun ideas for converting the new Death Guard dudes at work
>back home, want nothing but fuck my gf and sleep
Such is life for a normie.

Yeah

They are not homicidal enough to be assassins.
They are not faithful enough to be Sisters.
They are not smart enough to be Commissars or Inquisitors.

They are the grunts of the Schola.

They're exactly the same as normal guardsmen but they've got fancier gear.
Why are these guy special enough to get their own codex again?

Which is not a problem that exists because files ARE stored clientside, the problem that has existed up to this point is that in order to distribute files, even using the steam workshop modders were using third party file storage like dropbox which routinely take down specific files for arbitrary reasons and change their public file access policies which resulted in half the mods no longer being accessible by any means whatsoever to anyone who had not downloaded that mod already.

>They're exactly the same as normal guardsmen but they've got fancier gear.

They're BS4.

IMO they also need WS4 (alongside Sisters), Ld8, and Pistols, Rifles, and CCW's stock. Stormtroopers which can't actually STORM an objective are a bit crap.

>Repressor + Melta Dominions mitigante the smart opponent not leaving shit on the side. That front 13 helps a lot.
>PE need 6 models in order to work. Anything less than that is tempting fate.
>Castellans allows 6 Heavy support. So 6 PE and 3 Exorcist is possible. Also PE with hatred are pure sex
Damn, I hadn't even considered any of this. I'm going to try that next game I play.

Intended for

Those rules are outdated, they just got a print codex release in the Talons of the Emperor set.

Me everyday my dude. My cult is languishing unfinished because when I get home I'm just tired and end up laying in bed with gf watching anime or scrolling through the shitposting on this board.

Seems so, any chance they are in the OP? I can't find them if they are.

Then again I might just suck too much to find them.

Normal guardsman aka veterans are BS4, they can even buy the same armour as them and the same number of special weapons.

>They're BS4.

So are vets tho

>they also need WS4 (alongside Sisters), Ld8, and Pistols, Rifles, and CCW's stock.

This. This so much.

Their shit WS, lack of pistols/ccw and the need to get within fucking 9" of enemy units to rapid fire (and you need too otherwise you'll be shot-to-shit without earning your points back) just means they get ripped apart in close combat. As it stands they're basically a 1 turn unit against most armies.

Unsure, but the screencaps are floating around on here, you might be able to just google them.

Veterans can take three special weapons to the Scion's two. The Imperium's mortal elite don't rate the same number of plasma rifles as cannon fodder that got lucky.

Go figure.

Here you go, user:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning of Prospero Imperial Datasheets.pdf

>They are not homicidal enough to be assassins
Their job is to kill people while actually being shot at. If anything, they're more.

>They are not faithful enough to be Sisters
Not even a factor, they're not Sisters because they're not female.

>They are not smart enough to be Commissars or Inquisitors
Comissars are selected for ruthlesness and charisma, not intelligence.