I for one welcome our new DSJ overlords

I for one welcome our new DSJ overlords

Playing?

Hating?

Opinion on the current meta? Do you expect any meta shifts?

How do you feel about Modern as a format right now?

Favorite fringe deck in Modern?

What do you think X needs to be more viable?

Most retarded cry for a ban you've seen?

How much do you Rev for?

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/duskdawn.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atog-modern-1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do I keep playing Esper Draw-go?

Or do I try to brew up some UB shit/just play Grixis Delver

>Playing?
Learning DSJ, playing affinity and random eldrazi builds
>Hating?
Land destruction I guess? Nothing really
>Opinion on the current meta? Do you expect any meta shifts?
Decent to good. I can see DS getting hit but I really hope it doesn't
>How do you feel about Modern as a format right now?
It's been dull for a while but DSJ is pretty fun. Better than when it was just infect/dredge/burn at least
>Favorite fringe deck in Modern?
Weird color eldrazi builds. Sultai and Mardu come to mind
>What do you think X needs to be more viable?
I'd like to see some kind of interesting storm/combo deck, something built around cards like paradox engine or something.
>Most retarded cry for a ban you've seen?
Goyf
>How much do you Rev for?

>Playing?
Bant Eldrazi and G/B Tron.
>Hating?
I don't really hate anything; if someones deck shits all over mine, well, that's just how it goes.
It's okay. I expect DSJ to pick up more steam for about a month, and then fall off from there as people figure out how to hate it out.
It's pretty decent, I dig the diversity of decks. Most events I attend I can sit down and never play vs the same deck twice.
I wish there was a good Kiln Fiend deck in the format, I love that shit in pauper.
"Mox Opal is Vintage level broken"
None. I've never played a control deck.

>Playing?
Been on DSJ for a while now. It's a great deck and it puts up a ton of results.
>Hating?
The annoying and obnoxious faggots at my lgs
I think it's fine. No one deck is overly dominant. DSJ doesn't even go over 10% of the meta. I expect another ban with all the bitching, and if that happens, I'll play regular Jund again
I love those free wins against Kari Zev's Expertise and Cherri0s
Anything out of Death's Shadow
Fifteen and a half.

U/B Thopter/Sword with Whir of Invention + Pentad Prism and a bunch of 1-of hate artifacts like Pithing Needle, Ensnaring Bridge, Nihil Spellbomb, etc.

Best control deck in the format.

>Playing?
Spellweaver
>Hating?
Eldrazi Tron cause I can't deal with tks AND chalice
I expect DSJ to take less of the meta and I expect dredge to come back a little. I also expect some meme deck to come out of amonkhet and steal a bit of the already edge combo meta.
It's not bad. It could slow down.
I think there should be a U instant, draw 2 shuffle 1 from your hand into your deck.
SSG cause the decks the ban hits are already edge cases
4, and hope I draw into another rev so I can remand their play and rev for 3 next turn

>I also expect some meme deck to come out of amonkhet and steal a bit of the already edge combo meta.
I could see Dredge getting a decent Aftermath card, assuming they push the mechanic.

The only time WotC pushes a mechanic is when they forget Modern exists.
I wish they'd remembered fetches when they introduced Revolt.

>Aftermath
huh?

They did.
The point of Fatal Push was to make black spot removal great again.

mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/duskdawn.html

I maintain it would have been more interesting if it only reliably hit 2-drops.
There's printing a powerful card, and there's printing a card that changes certain aspects of play, but not all aspects.
I favor the latter.
Opening the door to impactful 3-drops would have added angles of consideration for decks. Trying to build around Push is pointless. Only Tasigur really dodges it.

Kiki Chord or Abzan Coco? I'm looking for a new deck to make and both seem interesting.

I can't believe they didn't fire whoever came up with this

>plays DSJ
>says anyone that asks for a ban to any card in DSJ is retarded
goes to show how fotm players actually think

It's kinda grown on me. It's pretty fucking ugly to look at, but it makes some sense why they did it.

What is the best site to buy singles?

CoCo is definitely a stronger deck overall

Kiki is pretty flexible and lets you do stupid shit like chord for a Magus of the Moon so it's up to you

I'm okay with it. The unbalanced visual weight makes me want to lay it down "tapped", which clearly indicates the aftermath effect is the part occurring.
Much better than the first few attempts at split or double cards.
still feels like a gimmick through. "Choose" effects are much better printing, and flashback is evidence a simple graveyard-based clause is fine

starcitygames

Im playing mardu boom//bust. How much of a Meme is my deck
Pic related but not my final list

TCGPlayer. Don't give your shekels to Kike City Games, goy.

Cardkingdom ™

TCGplayer or reputable ebay vendors

time to start saving for hierarchs and catacombs

>lolitrollu

What are some inexpensive combo decks? Was thinking of getting back into magic and playing modern but I have nothing to start with.

why would you not support the one site keeping this game afloat?

>inexpensive

You're better off buying a gaming PC or game console.

Already have both.

Due to their heavily inflated prices

>13 creatures
>4 are walls
>largest beater is a 4/4

How do you actually intend to win the game?
You don't even have bolt.

Mardu blows precisely because you're just a pile of removal without a good way to actually deal damage.

Grishoalbrand

UR storm

Anyone playing any spicy memes? I've been playing Mono U Metalwork Colossus Storm. Bad but funny, decently hard to play which is nice

Absolutely

Are there any sets worth buying a box of?

Alpha

Sure. A box of singles you pick out yourself.

No.
Buying boxes is a speculator's game. If you're after certain cards, buy them. Cracking packs from "value sets" might result in profit at a large enough scale, but it is still no guarantee of any specific rares.

The only other reason to buy boxes is if you want a cube and want more consistant filling than a $100 junk box from who knows what sets.

all ive been playing dawg, no matter how much people shit on it the wins are so satisfying

fuck off with this shit meme, it got old 5 threads ago

Yeah, he should drop that and play a good deck, like Kithkin. I hear its only bad matchup is Living End.

It's a meme deck but I'm not memeing it. If someone asks for a complicated meme deck I'll recommend it

Just don't reply

But I have a flying angel and a 4/4 with menace. And you have no land and no creatures because my prime removal package

The problem with this deck is you fold to control

Remand, spell queller, spell pierce, any tempo plays leave you pretty fucked.

PRINT STIFLE FOR MODERN

this deck is over 600 bucks for the most bare-bones build
and the extra bells and whistles (which you kinda want) like blood moon, explosives, pact of negation, emrakul add up. not to mention it's not the easiest deck to play
grishoalbrand is a really good time but i wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for something cheap and simple to get back into magic

how are you liking kitchen finks? have you ever wanted something like a boros reckoner there?

U
instant
counter target activated or triggered ability unless its controller pays {2}
too strong for modern?

> I can get closer to a real Delver deck in Modern
Yes please. Give me back DRS and Ponder and we're good to go.

DRS was a mistake

Amusingly enough, I actually got paired with the duskmantle/mindcrank combo

Put him at 1 life, bounced back the mage with vapor snag and he was at 0 before my card hit the graveyard

It was a pretty fucking fun game, more so after playing against lantern

You're also a mistake, but that doesn't stop you from not killing yourself, now doesn't it?

Living end

I'm going to a big FNM tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I can build Grixis Delver, Esper Draw-Go, UWR Control, or Mono-W Death and Taxes. What's my best bet?

If by "interesting" you mean "sometimes it has no targets and you lose because of it", yeah. Brainstorm is interesting. Situational removal is not.

When is the time to buy Tarmogoyfs and Lilianas?

Now friend.

Wizards is bluffing on the second wave and they'll only go up from here because of hoarding.

What do you think you're good at piloting

Finks has gained me a decent amount of life and maybe won games from it. This is an alternative take on the deck. I haven't tried it out. But it seems like something that could work

Run Collective Blessing over Celestial Flare, easier mana requirements and additional modes plus better late game capability make it an infinitely better card

Duskmantke MindCrank!

Also whats the Temple Garden for? I see no Green anywhere in the deck.

I have the most experience with Esper, but I can play all of the decks well.

Why swiftspear? You're hardly an aggro deck

>Not running off-color shocks to throw off your opponent
Newfags please leave.

Do you guys think a Restricted list for Standard would work? That way people wouldnt feel as bad about getting a card Restricted as they could still play at least one? Same question for Modern too I guess.

>taking unnecessary damage in a format with extremely fast aggro decks like Burn and DSJ
>to maybe make your opponent think you are playing a different deck in the first game

No. Restricted is awful

Restricted is awful why? Vintage uses it and would be played more if it werent for price issues. Yu Gi Oh uses a Forbidden and Limited list too.

>buy 3 modern masters pack for the novelty of it
>pull a liliana
>think about maybe making a more expensive modern deck
>every deck that runs liliana is midrange shit
Yeah fuck that.
Doesn't control use liliana?

>I drew my sol ring and you didn't! Don't you love increased variance

No, control wants card advantage and Liliana strips your hand too. Liliana is best in a midrange strategy where you are hoping to topdeck grind out your opponent.

I find the increased variance more fun. You get to run these very powerful cards but only as one ofs. Your strategy benefits off the cards but you arent forced into a specific shell due to them.

It adds variance to the format and that's never a good thing. Oh my opponent drew his one of and pulled some bullshit that sure feels great. Couple that with the fact that there's no real reason to restrict stuff outside of vintage and you have an answer as to why wizards doesn't do it.

Go play vintage and tell me how you feel about a turn 1 lodestone golem that involves two one ofs feels or when paradoxical storm has the nuts etc

That sounds pretty cool dude got a list?

I don't, but I'm leaving for FNM right now so if the guy who plays it is there I'll see if I can get the list off of him.

ALL HAIL LORD BOLT

>bump in the night

Anybody Eldrazi tron here? Why walking ballista over hangerback walker? Also is ugin better than Karn? Any help would be great.

I'm splashing TWO colours officer, and theres nothing you coppers can do about it.

>4c Burn

You absolute madman. List?

Currently about 66% overall match win percentage.

4 Rift Bolt
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Goblin Guide
2 Inspiring Vantage
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Blood Crypt
4 Arid Mesa
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Sacred Foundry
2 Mountain
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze
4 Boros Charm
2 Lightning Helix
4 Skullcrack
4 Bump in the Night
4 Lava Spike
1 Stomping Ground
1 Grim Lavamancer

4 Beckon Apparition
2 Deflecting Palm
2 Dragon's Claw
4 Destructive Revelry
3 Rain of Gore

I'm currently trying to build a tron deck using omen machine possessed portal and planar bridge

In Vintage you get to pull bullshit because the cards are extremely good there but imagine if Saheeli or Gideon were restricted in Standard. They arent really bullshit cards so it wouldnt feel bad losing to them

>They arent really bullshit cards
Then why restrict them at all

>no eidolon

Eidolon is jank, there, I said it.

>eidolon is jank
>in a format of 1-3 cmc spells
Interadasting

It was Maro.

It's literally the card that put Burn on the map in both Modern and Legacy.

>>Playing?
Affinity and Eldrazi Tron (i'm a colorless whore)
>>Hating?
Not hating anything special, but disliking a bit of Burn, only because I always get paired up with the same guy that get's amazingly top decks every match.
>>Opinion on the current meta? Do you expect any meta shifts?
It's alright, one of the best moments to start in Modern. DSJ might drop a bit but it's still a very good Deck.
>>How do you feel about Modern as a format right now?
It's at it's peek since a long time. Some interesting (although Meme) decks are appearing, diversing the meta. The "death" of Dredge and Infect ended up helping a lot.
>>Favorite fringe deck in Modern?
Can't say, never tried one.
>>What do you think X needs to be more viable?
Any Control Deck besides Lantern.
>>Most retarded cry for a ban you've seen?
Got 2:
>"Mox Opal is a Vintage level card"
>"We should ban fast mana so Combo dies"
Regarding the Mox Opals, since I own them, the problem wouldn't be the financial value that would be lost, but the high probability that would kill one of the most fun Decks I tried (and I tried many). Specially considering the plays around it don't feel that powerfull when there are Decks with amazing strong (cheap) creatures with very little drawbacks. We don't need Modern as a "Stronger Extended" but a "Lite Legacy". We shouldn't remove the hability of allow "fun" Decks.
>>How much do you Rev for?
0 because I'm a plewb and never used it.

Considering I have Affintiy and Eldrazi Tron, which (cheap (300-400€ (400-600$)) Deck should I build next?

DELET THIS! APOLOGIZE! DON'T EVER TALK TO MY DECK OR MY DECKS SON EVER AGAIN!

>Considering I have Affintiy and Eldrazi Tron, which (cheap (300-400€ (400-600$)) Deck should I build next?
Eldrazi taxes or living end

Hey I'm fucking around with this deck, what do you guys think please help thanks.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atog-modern-1/

Living End seems nice. Should I get 4x Verdant Catacombs or are the 4 Bloodstained Mires + 4 Wooded Foothill enough?

>what does X need to be more viable
>any control deck besides lantern
What did he mean by this?

It's doable but the verdant really are much better to play with. Especially if you're running a dryad arbor, which I would recommend

seriously how is modern not great?

this year we've had seen eldrazi tron, death's shadow, and storm rise. and also duck hunt took a tournament at last.

Is Jace AoT good enough for mainboard in Esper Planeswalkers