Warhammer 40k general

Grognards eternally BTFO edition
>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>It's impossible for there to be female space marines!
>Riprides are Tau's TEQ!
-an autist

>previous thread
Time for 8th edition and space marine fags are furious about it

>Hello grognard my old friend, I've come to laugh at you again, because the 40k rules changing, and is making it worth playing, but not for you cause your stuck living in the past, and that won't last, within the age of emprah
youtube.com/watch?v=8bSdOQ9BzCI→ → → → → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/christ-chan
youtu.be/bba5kjtZB9Q?t=1m32s
warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/news-from-the-plague-planet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know you're meant to vary what the edition is, right?

Another age of image edition wars I see

Reminder that all grognards are Fantasycucks

please kindly tell these people to migrate to

>/pol/ picture posting edition

I hate you so much.

As a Space Marine player not interested in going outside my army, what can I do to handle a list of Magnus, 3 Daemon Princes, a Tzeentch Herald on a disc with the grimoire, a unit of horrors, and a unit of screamers? The Princes are from the CSM book and the daemons are from the Daemon book, so apparently he can use an allied detachment like that.

Why is Eternal Crusade so bad? They actually expect people to pay for something that's clearly in an early beta state?

No surprise that pol is in favour of AoSing 40k. Simple rules for simple minds.

>8E will be newbie-friendly system with easy as fuck rules
>Lot of new players at every LGS
>Old fantasy-like salty-fags will burn themselves with their disgusting 120 years old minis or lock themselves in le 7.5 edition general containment threads
>90% less cancer in every community
>It will be AoS-like rebirth again
What a time to be alive

Just kinda sticking a thunder hammer onto a sword arm worked surprisingly well.

I wanted to save one of the left handed fists for converting a Custodian, and thunder hammers are basically exactly the same damn thing as a power fist. When the hell is applying Concussive after your opponent has already struck relevant?

What do you think of $70 for 5 SoS, Rhino, and SoS Codex? I'm leaning towards it being on the high end.

>>Hello grognard my old friend, I've come to laugh at you again, because the 40k rules changing, and is making it worth playing, but not for you cause your stuck living in the past, and that won't last, within the age of emprah

>AOS
>Rebirth
Even I am ok with the new supposed direction of 40k rulewise, but you can't call AOS a "rebirth" with its piss-poor lore.

Funny thing? It's free now!

>Christ Chan
>/pol/
Get

You don't need a sisters of silence codex, the next edition preview is too different for old codices to still be relevant.

Do you have more than the same couple images you post over and over? You might as well be using a trip at this stage.

Literally the only thing in the whole image that doesn't scream Eastern Europe is the fact that there's 3 people and nobody is smoking.

I should not have to fucking do this, and yet, here we are.

>knowyourmeme.com/memes/christ-chan

Gladius and go for objectives.

Or just swallow your pride and get 3x5 Sisters of Silence and 3 null rhinos. Fuck Magnus.

>Has most likely just read Veeky Forums.
>Thinks he can make a judgement.

What follows? That stormcasts are golems?

Concussive only works on multiwound models that would not be ID'd be a THammer.

I'm talking about rules m8. Lore is a separate thing for me

GUYS

WE GOT A LEGIT GROGFUCK HERE!

>thunder hammers
Great taste in weapons my dude.

Thunder hammers are for when you get in a fight with some real fucking big and scary.
Like, my command squad managed to live long enought to strike a bloodthirster, dropping him to I1 next round for a double KO. The command squad was 200 points but he was around 320 so it was a net gain!

Actually it's made in South America

That, and it pretty much only matters if you can concuss the enemy -before- you get to swing.

What in the fuck is she eating?

Rice and vegetables with some kind of souce

The future is looking bright. Brighter than anything we can possibly imagine.

youtu.be/bba5kjtZB9Q?t=1m32s

Or an enemy that can eat a few smacks to the chops and will need multiple rounds to kill.

Awfully high effort trolling for little returns going on here.

Try to explain to me what is so interesting in AOS's shitty lore, compared to the WFB one.

Come on, I'll be there waiting for you to reply with yet another ad hominem, since AOS's lore is objectivly bad and poor.

What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious.

rice, offal loaf, half a peach, pieces of some other veggies and UBS

>microtransactions in a beta is a good thing
>can spam rolls for iframes to avoid damage and stun
>tutorial is shit
>no explanation about stats or differences between subfactions
>almost nobody plays eldaar, almost as dead as chaos
>majority of ork players have no idea what to do and get killed one by one
>space marines complain when they get killed while sniping because they don't check the radar
I'm just glad I haven't heard any voice chat.

OOOOOHHHH FUCK
I leaned on my shelf like a retard when trying to climb up to get something and it collapsed, throwing my Ork army to the floor.

It was like the world was in slow motion as I saw them plummet to the ground, I remember seeing the bliza-bommer in a nose dive and thinking
>rolled a double one...

I'd gladly engage on a futile argument to convince a deaf wall, but I don't have time to try to achieve the impossible. You can believe whatever you want.

F

>since AOS's lore is objectivly bad and poor.
>AOS's shitty lore, compared to the WFB one
Not this user but WFB lore was a mix of shitty tropes and themes. I don;t really understand why people are crying about something as bad as Fantasy lore

>When you're this new to Veeky Forums

>>>out

> (You)

EH, haven't played it at all, so who cares. It's "free" in steam. Happy?

Post pics of your disastrous lifestyle.

I am actually sorry for you. I hope your minis are ok.
God I'm in physical pain now, just from imagining it.

>but I don't have time
Don't lie, you're here all the time.

because they replaced it with something far worse and shitcanned 30 years worth of worldbuilding ?

B-but muh grounded lore! (yeah, apparently empires of giant rats with WW1 tech and mad science is grounded)

Warhammer is specifically a generic fantasy setting for generic fantasy gaming, that built up personality over many years.

AoS is a thinly defined realm of endless potential populated by too many people to keep track of and several keystone factions that just kinda endlessly respawn if killed meaning there's no stakes worth mentioning on a setting wide scale.

It's meant to be ultimate "your dudes" but lacks grounding. Not very helpful is that it's brand new and everything has bloody stupid names.

Be strong m8s. Be strong, for the Emperor.

Different user here. Cut it out, will you?
This is supposed to be the 40k general. Not a place where you two can self-project and argue about fantasy's shit.

>What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious.
Well, let's start with these guys in background. Then look at the pics on walls - you can see people dressed as south american indians and ruins
also I was looking for the source of this pic to fap some time ago and I found info that it was taken in some SA shithole - don't even remember which one

The freedom for GW to be creative. Like 40k there are always unexplored corners for them to add new things and introduce new forces. WHFB was basically defined. Sure we didn't get a Cathay army, but we knew what was there.

There is a lot of basic stuff in the Sigmar setting GW needs to fill in. How life is for the common people in different Realms for example. But I'm confident they will get there over time even if it feels a little sketchy right now.

I've seen pictures of the Codex, and its actually looks pretty nice with the art and fluff.

Still, it's not needed. I'm just looking for the best option for buying SoS squads and rhinos. Guess I'll be buying them separately at $30 for 5. Ugh.

>Two
There's more people on both sides than you think.
Initiative 2 strikes again.

> (yeah, apparently empires of giant rats with WW1 tech and mad science is grounded)

Blatantly, yes. Do you have a head injury?

>Things that don't exist can't be anchored in a sense of stakes and that the setting is anything other than bubbles of random floating in the warp

>because they replaced it with something far worse and shitcanned 30 years worth of worldbuilding ?
>30 years worth of worldbuilding ?
Spending 30 years on building some shitty lore builded on stealing other themes is nothing amazing mate - this time was wasted. But it's just my opinion - same as yours and both are not facts

Ever have a Melvin swipe one of your figs at a store?

In my experience the naming is nowhere as bad as we make it out to be once you say it out.
Aelfs... is just how the scandinavians said it (you know, that weird letter that is written AE) and sounds equal to elf anyways.
Ogors... sounds like Ogres. So no big change.

Orruks... isengard calls, they want their uruks back (so again, ripping tolkien).

Duardin actually sounds a tad better than dwarves.

That sounds horrible. I hope you managed to save at least some of them.

The rules are no problem for non ADHD kids with normal intelligence.
The cost of models and other necessities is.
You can buy a video game for less than some units, and then you have to assemble and paint it too.

Better buy more plastic models for 100 bucks.

>In my experience the naming is nowhere as bad as we make it out to be once you say it out.
Just remember that these names are made to be trademarks - same as necrons and tau. I don't get why people are bitching about this

WHO MOTHERFUCKING DEATH GUARD HERE?

DEATH GUARD HYPE!

MORTARION CONFIRMED!

DEATH GUARD RELEASE WHEN?

DEATH GUARD IN 7TH OR 8TH?

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/news-from-the-plague-planet/

I think they're actually all ok apart from some old metal meganobz which broke off their base again.

The shelf wasn't very high up and my carpet is soft.

The rules are becoming a significant barrier to new players. That's a problem for everyone.

Plastic thunderhawk incominf

prepare your anus for fighting one every other game for the next year as they'll be cheaper and available in GW stores

Have you looked at an AoS map, or read fluff describing location names and such?

The arbitrary warping of species names was only the start of it.

Sorry to break this to you, but the old world was too a bubble of reality in the warp.

Plus, there's starting to be stakes? I mean, they are starting to drum up the cities back again.

Kek.
>Explain to me why AoS is better. But you won't because it's worse, so you'll just reply with an ad hominem
>Replies with ad homenim
Please tell me this was a scripted false flag against AoS players, and they're not actually this dumb

>it's depressed store worker man tired of teaching children maths again

Maybe you should just find a different career that you enjoy

>The rules are no problem for non ADHD kids with normal intelligence.
I don't know man. I'm playing 40k but these rules are terrible. So many things can be simplified without fucking with core rulebook, codices and shit. Free warscrolls are what 40k needs

So is there any actual nuance to Chaos besides just being satanic Space ISIS? Do you think that things like "Pain" is irrelative compared to realspace, and that being absorbed by the Gods might actually be beneficial in the long run in a Galaxy where Chaos wins?

So, kinda like when 3rd dropped?

BEEN WAITING FOR 11 YEARS FOR PLASTIC DG HYPED user.

I think they will release before 8th ed drops, but it won't be any time soon. Looked through GW stores latest retail briefing here in the UK and the only thing I've seen so far is that SOMETHING is happening in the middle of May.

>The freedom for GW to be creative
Just because it has plot holes that need filling, it doesn't make it any less of a shitty setting.
>WHFB was basically defined
Being defined is not a bad quality for a tabletop setting, and it still had a lot of room for expanding and things like making up your own campaigns.

As much as I'd love to get into it, I just can't. After reading the books I still think the entire setting is a complete joke compared to the low-fantasy of WFB.
Maybe in a few years after they do a LOT of work on it.

I still can't believe that plastic plague marines and zombies are a thing

I've waited for this so long I don't even remember when it began

These maps look fairly well. Also, there's something called high fantasy. You may want to check it out.

Yeah boi hopefully it's 8th ed

GW managed to copy the Valkyrie well enough but I have concerns about something as large as a Thunderhawk. It's an iconic ship so they better not fuck it up.

>Sorry to break this to you, but the old world was too a bubble of reality in the warp.

That sure is some end times lore you're bringing up there.

>Plus, there's starting to be stakes? I mean, they are starting to drum up the cities back again.

Yeah so random city #2617 dies, life goes on everywhere else in the realms. Little people are trampled on, the immortal respawning factions pick up their pieces for the next round of the endless game.

40k's rules are pretty bad. Wouldn't mind AoS-like rules changes. It's the fluff I fear for, AoS' fluff is shit and most of what GW's put out for 40k isn't much better the few times it wasn't worse.

However, Gathering Storm was decent and rumor mill has moved away from Guillimarines; so I'm holding out hope that all is not lost for fluff.

They grey shit looking continent actually just looks like a shooped america.

Or because he's not interested in continuing with the shit-flinging that there's been for two years.

Also, explain me why X is better than Y is a loaded question as fuck if you ask me. You can say whatever you want about being dumb and yada yada but this kind of shit doesn't deserve much more effort. Want to know if it's better? READ IT and then make the decision by yourself.

Read the place names dumbass, why else would I bring up maps when talking about stupid names for everything making the setting harder to take seriously?

A friendly reminder:

THIS IS A WARHAMMER 40K THREAD.

So can all AoS and Fantasy guys kindly fuck off and go to their containment boards?
I understand you're all salty, but it's beginning to be somewhat annoying.

Thank you in advance.

I have been reading it while at the dog park. It's worse.

That looks more like east asia, doesn't it?

Your argument is... mental gymnastics? Kay, guess we are done.

I rather like the map from the Sylvaneth book, and the names seem fine. I do remember the Realm of Death map being pretty laughable though.

There will always, always, ALWAYS be more shitty posts you don't care about than stuff you actually want to read in a general thread. Learn to skim read until you hit something to pay attention to.

Seeing those models is probably the happiest I've been this year

Oh GAAAAWD I can't fucking wait

>May

I'll take it desu, I'm a bit worried we might be looking at a July release 7/7/18

There's 3 types of Chaos worshipers; those that do so without knowing it, those that do so for personal gain, and those that bend over backwards to appease the gods.

Well, it's hard to waste your time in dead thread. Also remember that a lot of AoS players are also 40k players - right now we have something like 20 posts per thread made by 40k players curious about AoS rules etc.

Which brings me to the point I was making. Neither you nor him will budge because you two are being flamming assholes who can't admit you aren't entirely right.

Boy I'm glad we just got Girlyman.

Here, have a Squat.

*Snatches it off*

You had your chance and wasted it, now it belongs to us.

*goes back to AoSg*

We have plastic Custodes, SoS, Rubric Marines, Primarchs nad nowa we are getting entire plastic nurgle army. Ye still SoB are all metal, and noise marines are just upgrade pack., not to mention the most important characters like Abaddon, Dante , Azrael, Phoenix Lords models still remembers 2 ed.

Keep it buddy, might be the colour scheme but it looks awful.

That's because everything in the Sylvaneth book is great. I kind of regret buying them because I didn't realize how popular they were

>Your argument is... mental gymnastics? Kay, guess we are done.

My argument is AoS will never manage to give the same sense of stakes that fantasy or 40k can. Pretty much everything is immaterial and replaceable.

How would it turn out if I took CSM/Nurgle dudes, converted them with a flower/plant/tree theme, used the Death Guard rules and called them Isha Marines?