Warhammer 40K general

Heretical Edition

Previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

As a Space Marine player not interested in going outside my army, what can I do to handle a list of Magnus, 3 Daemon Princes, a Tzeentch Herald on a disc with the grimoire, a unit of horrors, and a unit of screamers? The Princes are from the CSM book and the daemons are from the Daemon book, so apparently he can use an allied detachment like that.

Wait how are there 4 general threads up at same time. And they all link to different threads....

You can blame /pol/ for this one, at least

Because the one from is from the same fucking retard that has been creating new ones while at page 4 the second it started to sage.

>a Space Marine player
uh idk how about use one if the super op weapons or formations you have access too?

You know that Grey Knights are technically space marines, right ? You know what's left to do - suffer not the demon to live.

Why Not Drones?

Codex Tau:
Drone-Net VX1-0
26x Drone squads
2x MV1 Gun Drone
2x MV7 Marker Drone

Piranha Firestream Wing
TX4 Piranha (Team Leader)
Burst Cannon, 2x Seeker Missile
2x MV1 Gun Drone
Twin-linked Pulse Carbine

3x TX4 Piranhas squads
TX4 Piranha
2x MV1 Gun Drone
TX4 Piranha
2x MV1 Gun Drone

>super op weapons
>grav
>against daemons
>one of the armies least weak to grav

How about you get a clue before whining about shit.

Someone stop me from buying 2 boxes of SoS.

Please.

Anyone else really looking forward to the 8th ed changes?

I like playing AOS a lot more than what 40k has become. Copying some of its mechanics can only improve the game.

Just get a Culexus

This; Best distractionfex if the enemy has psykers, which, with spehs muhreen librarians being so popular, they normally do.

>tfw a tank and four squads fire on one model with no effect due to BS1

Rate my fluffy nurgle list

They don't have a 27" aura that turns off warp charges.

Do you have 7 GUO models?

I have 3, but I was considering picking up some of the better 3rd party ones

No, they have a 12" one, infiltrate, move through cover, fear, a -2 to Look Out Sir! rolls, they ignore all armor saves, insta-kill anything on a wound roll of 6 and insta-kill psykers on any successful wound, all with WS8/I7/A4 and everything that wants to hit them in shooting or melee needs a 6.

what is plasma, what is melta, what is lascannons
i didn't even mention grav you buffoon

Please, do show me the basic Space Marine army lists that aren't
A) Gladius with almost 400 points of free tanks
B) Skyhammer cheese Alpha Striking to kill everything with Grav
C) Grav-Bike spam White Scars
D) Iron Hands deathstar Smashfucker abuse

Good luck painting em.

>plasma
>lascannons
>overpowered

Is this dumbass serious?

>melta
>unique to C:SM
>overpowered

So what's everyone working on? Any new projects? Had any cool games recently or have some planned?

Been building up these dudes while listening to Ultra Live 2017 all evening. Should probably magnetize those hands and pin the feet but I really can't be arsed to anymore tonight.

that's illegal, it's not a cad

So they kill one unit really well whereas SoS turn off all the psykers on the table...

I'm converting and kitbashing about 20 ork warbikes.

I'm using ebay rescued beat up deffkoptas and marine bikes. No pictures though.

So with the new edition confirmed and coming out soon-ish does that mean it's confirmed that there won't be any other "triumverates"?

Basically I'm wondering if GW is telling everyone but Eldar and Imperium players to get fucked.

My Thousand Sons even if I'm shitty and won't do the models any justice, and then in terms of painting I'll finish up the rest of my start collecting Tzeentch models, Magnus, and a few leftover necrons I have.
Hoping to get some smaller scale rounds in against my NLs buddy and have fun together.

Would it be table illegal to convert a GUO so it looked like the Dunwich Horror?

>SoS turn off all the psykers on the table

Play them and see if that's actually what happens.

Basing and varnishing some kabellites, lazily assembling an Ork bb team, planning out a raider paint scheme when the kabellites are done.

>not playing on 27" x 27" tables

You weirdo.

given the success of these triumverates there will be more

>not playing on your kitchen/dinning room tables regardless of their size
get a life nerds

>Would it be table illegal to convert a GUO so it looked like the Dunwich Horror?
Do you mean wilbur or his brother? Wilbur would be A-OK, but fielding a huge base with nothing on it and saying its an invisible sanity destroying monster might come off as... cheap.

Hopefully the next Triumvirate will be plastic Abaddon and some other shizam

Mortarion + Abbadon + belakor

ok,

7 allied detachments of a GUO and a unit of nurglings each

thrown in rewards and mastery levels for taste

Plastic thunderhawk incoming

Get ready to fight one every time you fight marines because theu will be cheap and easily obtainable from gw stores

Starting my friend's Guilliman commission back up...Fuck the gold trim sooooo much....

ch33ky m8

Gib tips. What have you learned so far?

Also are you going helmet or unhelmet?

Helmet.

I've barely started, but I primed white and did 2 layers of Macragge Blue and am doing Mournfang brown as the undercoat for the gold on the trim. Not much in the way of tips other than thin your paints and have a good brush.

you need two troop choices

>Not priming with black then gold
Why must you subject yourself to such pain.

Most likely triumverate to come out next is probably Ghazghkull + Mad Dok Grotsnik (da manik git's Ghazzy's personal Dok after all!) + ....Orkimedes(???) or that crazy Kaptain chasing a Void Whale that's heading for Catachan.

I'm pretty sure you must have a primary detachment, and your allied detachments can't be the same faction as the primary

Because I get bitched at on here for priming in black. Now I get shit for priming in white.
The white will give more vivid colors in the end and it's easier to see what I "missed".

Although I do sort of regret not doing the gold first.

Why not white marble instead

It'd really up to you what you prime with, I've just had a pain not priming gold with rubric marines.

All that matters in the end is how easy it was to paint and how you feel about the end result.

Hold 500 pts of Grey Knights in reserve, deploy late game to strengthen your line.

>Grey knights
Against shit in the air? I thought GK were traditionally bad at fighting daemons because of a lack of skyfire.
I've been running Sternhammer Imperial Fists to try to grab enough rerolling heavy bolters to deal with the daemon princes. I don't physically own enough tanks for A, I never saw B as any good, C isn't interesting to me because White Scars have no character other than "The Bike Legion", and D isn't interesting because Iron Hands have even less character than that.

I'm still working on my Imperial Fist Sternguard, but I impulse bought two boxes of Rubric Marines and an Exalted Sorcerer with leftover money from my paycheck. At least I finished building my Heldrake for my warband, though I'm unsure which colors to paint it, Alpha Legion or Word Bearers.

>6x4 board
>3 rhinos with a 27" bubble
>12" deployment zone
>null zone extends to 39" from my board edge at deployment and covers 81" lengthwise
>3.25 by 6.75 feet

Yes. The whole board.

Same here man, I'm not ever going to buy Magnus because I know I won't do the model any justice.

>plasma, melta or lascannons OP
>not immediately closing your browser, selling your minis and never posting here or playing 40k again after saying something so painfully stupid.

kek

Forgot about flying nonsense, perhaps some SoS?

Ok, here is my completely legal and battleforged 1850 point 7 great unclean one list

>>holding anything in reserve against tzeentch daemons rather than attempting to assassinate their strongest psykers as early as fucking possible to reduce warp charge, fire output, and the amount of summoned horseshit that's going to steamroll you.

>>Massed IF heavy bolters.
My man.

Trying to stick to Space Marines.

A culexus is fine too.

A Culexus is a space marine now?

Good luck finding anyone wanting to play against you. It comes off as trying way too hard.

If I played that with my Deathwatch I'd honestly just harass you with my Blackstars all game and just make sure my units stayed far away. I probably wouldn't win but c'est la vie.

>mfw 1850 grey knights list with 6 dreadknights.

Ummm OK if you won't try that. Perhaps White Scars reserves, I know you say they lack character but I think space Mongols who use hit and run tactics are badass.

Trying to finish my broadsides so I can actually magnetize their arms on.
Though I have to actually get magnets...

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, when the rail rifles are strictly worse against all but AV14.

>The Heavy Rail Rifle now has Armorbane

Fixed.

Elimination Maniple at 850 is still fair, right?

I would always bully the GK player with them.

It's gonna be mortarion, typhus, and some sort of giant nurgle daemon character. Mark my words

I'd prefer rapid fire over armorbane, 60" range melta guns is a bit much.

I'd agree with A second shot at closer range would do a lot to help it, though full on Rapid fire would feel weird with its role as a stationary gun.

Instead of buffing tau even more, why not just... nerf missilesides?

Unsure of something, any help would be appreciated.

Q: Is a baleflamer considered to be a flamer weapon?
A: No.

Haven't played 40k in a while, what is the significance of this? Is it for stuff like attacking the Eldar Avatar, and/or does it mean the Baleflamer doesn't ignore cover anymore?

Also might not be a bad option. They'd probably be fine at heavy 3. They're already a pair of twin-linked autocannons effectively.

no it just means that salamanders don't have a bonus against it

Nerfing missilesides wouldn't make people take the railrifle. They'd just take something else instead.

Only matters for special rules that care about flamers, it's still a template weapon and so ignores cover.

It's only for rules that specifically deal with flamer weapons like for Salamanders.

thank the gods for that. thanks for the swift reply anons.

I really wish that GW would show some brain next edition and clearly put a "Flamer", "Melta", "Plasma" and "Las" tag on weapons. It would save them so many FAQ questions and they wouldn't have to always put that "As defined by the rules" quote in.

I loved mine so much I bought a second one. People go apeshit trying to kill them - even if there are no Psykers you can still cause some serious damage.

Well, if the rumors about them shortening the core rulebook are true, then they probably won't have a main section like that anyway. That will make things easier, since they can go unit by unit to define what things are.

Out of curiosity, I roughly sketched out the deployment null zone for a full SoS cadre while killing time at work. One bar is one foot for scale.

first time using one i rolled up against a GK player and Chaos nurgle/psykers against my 3k list.

it was a massacre.

also, could you clarify for me when exactly you can shoot with that psyker gun?

Can't ally with the same faction.

melee is a 5+

CURZEFAG

I CALL THE OUT ON THE PREMISE OF DISLOYALTY TO CHAOS

HOW DO YOU PLEAD?

So basically the only way SoS will be covering much of anything is if you go first and speed them forward. Not too difficult, all things considered.

continuing work on my ugly ass Cawl model. pretty happy with it so far

>Vanguard vet sergeant with double pistols defeats IG sergeant and Quartermaster in challenges after making a 9"charge and his squad surviving a battle cannon shell
I love it when models do badass things

If Orks get one I'm assuming Ghazghkull and Orkimedes are shoe-ins.

3rd could be Mad Doc, or it could be one of a few other warbosses that Ghazghkull convinces/krumps into joining the WAAAGH.

Just finished sculpting and 3d printing 15 meganobs for a bullyboyz formation!

>So what's everyone working on?

Just finished up 5 more Noise marines that I've been putting off for a while, not I'm working through a squad of basic CSM. I'm really glad with the progress I'm making

Don't their bawkses also have the aoe f you rule?

They do, so you can flat-out the boxes forward, and if those get blown up, you also have the sisters inside.

Theoretically, you could spread them out even more for more coverage, but that seems more risky, since then you're running empty rhinos and footslogging sisters

You can shoot at anything you want. If you're not within 18" of a Psyker, it's Assault 3.

Painting up some deathwatch. Decided to do them one at a time after finishing the silver arms instead of going full production line.

They're interesting to paint. Already want to buy more.

Where are their heaaaads?

You basically force your opponents psykers to hide in the corner on T1, which significantly lowers their threat because if any dudes touch any of the bubbles, they lose their blessings.

Yes because the SoS inside can't use their rule while embarked.

It's very easy to cover the whole board for 300pts or so.

I've been painting away my backlog but I'm getting pretty tired of painting. Probably going to break to put together my last sentinel and scrape the mold lines off my last ten kasrkin