Warhammer 40k general

Grognards eternally BTFO Edition
>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>It's impossible for there to be female space marines!
>Christ-Chan is a Nazi I need my safespace!
-an autist

>previous thread
Time for 8th edition and space marine fags are furious about it

>Hello grognard my old friend, I've come to laugh at you again, because the 40k rules changing, and is making it worth playing, but not for you cause your stuck living in the past, and that won't last, within the age of emprah
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4→ → → → → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sP2NNhEPneU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>all these newfags getting triggered that new generals are being created at auto sage instead of when the thread falls off page 11
>they didn't know generals used to go up as soon as the old one auto-saged
>they didn't know we used to not even have generals

You also made a thread without looking to see if another was made.

Eldar have no place to go but down in 8th.

That's what people said during 6th edition. What makes you think they won't just get yet another buff and set the bar yet again for the 3rd edition in a row, for a total of 7 editions out of 8?

So much of this game has had rules that favor static gunlines; The removal of sweeping assaults, the removal of charging from outflank. As well as shooting during your enemy's turn. If 8th actually changes things to be a bit like before, then eldar will be tar pittable again until the elite units arrive for clean up.

Just hoping 8th changes things up.

Formations might have a punishing tax.

We need female space marines!
Also, they should have higher toughness than male ones for the same point cost.

It's only fair after they were excluded for so long.

Give me male, bara daemonettes and Sisters then

Yeah, not to mention that females are naturally tougher than males.

Eldar CAD is the strongest build.

This.

Anons, what do you think GW means by rewarding thematic armies?

Something like maybe slightly reduced point costs for army compositions that make sense or special rules? That's all I can really think of.
Hopefully something good for my Thousand Sons

They mean more decurions

Fluffly Triptide and Wraithknight armies

40k version of the Allegiance system from Age of Sigmar.

>Let me head design in the next codex
>I only need 3 days to reinterpret armies anyway

Formations cost points in AoS, it's likely that they will go back to costing points to field in 40k too.

Eldar don't use formations in tourney play. Their formation bonuses are meh. Basic CAD with scatbikes and WK is all you ever see. It's marines that are cramming three different fucking formations in one list.

It goes without saying that female space marines will master martial arts faster than their male counterparts.

These have been some of the worst threads I've ever seen, at least cheetah user was on topic.

>grognard salt

I'd be down for this. It would make in-world sense that at least some small percentage would appear that way, and give Slaaneshi daemons some more variety.

You know what I actually miss more than anything for my Orkz is shoots Boyz. So damn expensive now, it was fun to bring shoots blobs and blow units off the table

Everyone gets 3+invuln.

Troops good again?

I don't even play 40k and I know female space marines are a retarded idea. Aren't they supposed to be clones of the emperor?

The shit gets shitter.

What did they change, I haven't played orks since fifth.
Was it big shootas which roll to determine how many times they shoot?
Did they get rid of warp guns?
I keenly felt ork dakka supremacy, especially with the end of death beetles.

There are still forgotten chapters floating through space in hibernation. It'll be retconned those space marines will be all female legions.

Good list?

>deathguard models soon

>It'll be retconned those space marines will be all female legions.
Excpet II and XI legions became part of XIII, sorry tumblr

Where the fuck did you get the idea of them beeing clones?

There are no real reasons for there beeing no female space marines other than the fact that in Rogue Trader there weren't any.

I'd like to see it painted.

But they are clones of their primarch's. Says so in the HH series.

We'll get female marines when we get a female primarch. Never.

Well, no they are not clones. They are strong regular humans that get implants and hormone treatments.

Also is the HH series really cannon?

Why do clones of the primarch have to be male?

Liquid Snake wasn't exactly like Big Boss even though he was a clone.

X-23 is a female even though she's cloned from Wolverine.

There is unironically no real reason for there not to be female spess mehreens, and any excuse GW gives is retarded. They should have just said that the process used to make Space Marines simply shat out huge, bulky, hyper-masculine people, and some space marines might be women and you just don't know cause they're so overly-muscled and covered in armor.

>There are no real reasons
Except fluff, also there is no purpose for female space marines

>Why do clones of the primarch have to be male?
Because primarch's geneseed works only with the same gender.
>Liquid Snake wasn't exactly like Big Boss even though he was a clone.
>X-23 is a female even though she's cloned from Wolverine.
So what?

Cloning of the opposite sex is possible for male to female, since men have an X chromosome.

Why does it only work with the same gender?

Also they are not clones.

What fluff reason? And their purpose would be the same as male space marines.

>Why does it only work with the same gender?
Because it's the part of their fluff
>And their purpose would be the same as male space marines.
So no particular reason just to push equality.

You keep dodging the fact that they aren't clones.

And equality is a bad thing? It's not that much about it beeing a reason for it more like there is no real reason for there not to be female space marines other than some weird contrivance about it not working like that.
I mean there are women in the Astra Militarum so what's the problem?

>now, why no female space marines?
There's an incompatibility according to fluff
>it doesn't work like that, even if the realm made by the writers with fantastical and unrealistic aspects and not completely realistic is written as such
That's all I see, every thread. Please stop this shitty forced meme.

>You keep dodging the fact
How exactly I keep dodging the fact what was stated by other user?
>And equality is a bad thing?
Yeah when it ruins good things (lore) for no real reason.

My mistake then

Would the lore really be ruined by female space marines? Would you be unable to enjoy the stories knowing that some of the marines are women?

It's not like the incompatability reason is a huge chunk of the fluff that is tied to everything, it's a throwaway line explaining the fact that GW can't sculpt women.

I'm looking for a program, or anything really, that can help me print out tokens in the various sizes of the 40k Bases.

Someone i know has been nagging me to start using Conjuration Psychic powers, and i wouldn't mind giving it a try.
So Tokens seem like the easiest way to go.

>Would the lore really be ruined by female space marines? Would you be unable to enjoy the stories knowing that some of the marines are women?
Yes, because I didn't see any reason for female space, it will turn SM chapters into jokes from ForHonor or any other SJW bullshit.

How new are you, user? There's no reason to arbitrarily make some marines fenale when they've always been dudes for 20+ years.

It would be everything space marines are not.

If everyone was clamoring so badly for fem SMs SoB would not be regulated to the new squats while squats are on their way back in.

Ignoring the slippery slope, what would it take away from your experience?

>How new are you, user?
Been on Veeky Forums since 2007, and on Veeky Forums since 2009 I think. How is that relevant?
Well thay were arbitrarily only dudes from the begining, sure I don't think much would change if female marines became a thing but I see no reason not to do it.

Let me rephrase that, how new are you to non D&D games?

>but I see no reason not to do it.
Why don't we just nuke the setting while we are at it and make imperial guardsmen with power armor and initiative 5 orks.

Only played D&D once and didn't like it.

>Only played
>once

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>thread's already ruined by some fag talking about female marines for the millionth time
Stop. I just want to have one thread not get derailed and stay on topic. Please. Let us discuss something other than marines for once. I like marines, but lets do something else before inevitable derailment.

Considering how fucked up "heroic scale" is, and how bad GW are at female faces it's not like anyone would know if they made them female.

>what would it take away from your experience?
Anything what makes SM different from other sci-fi supersoldiers with multigender army structure.
So let me ask, why you're so obssessed with the idea of female space marines, does "male only" club in fictional universe hurs your sense of justice?

>what would it take away from your experience?
Space marines are a male power fantasy. And feminism ruins every thing it touches

Let's talk about how all sons of the Lion are the most loyal space marines found in the imperium of man.

holy shit savage af but true a lot of the time.

That leap makes no sence.
What?
Is that really the only thing making the different? That they are all male?
It's not about taking away male marines, it's about adding females. You can still have your power fantasy.

What would a Space Marine with both Lion'el and Vulkan's geneseed and teachings act like?

A bro tier EXTREMELY loyal fellow.

You reek of nu male.

40k is the he-man woman haters club of table top gaming.

None of this shit will never happen.

ever happen*

Sorry I am drunk painting and phone posting

Let me rephrase my repharsement. How new are you to 40k?

Or are you a genuine, real deal, troll?

>Is that really the only thing making the different? That they are all male?
Yep, it makes them interesting, classical warriors society bound by brotherhood bonds placed in grotesque sci-fi setting.
>it's about adding females.
For what purpose? Bring in game females in power armor? We already have Sisters of Battle, with their own unique aesthetic and fluff.
>You can still have your power fantasy.
>look guys I've added some shit on one half of the pie, but you can still eat the second half

Would anyone like me to post some theories on Curze, or songs that suit the 8th Legion? (Night Lords). It has been a while, and new fags may want to know.

Nigga, Space Marines are martial Monks in Spess, just like how SoB are martial Nuns in Spess. It wouldn't make sense to have them be female.

Women cant into battle.
They can never be the best of the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=sP2NNhEPneU

I've been playing since 4th edition. And I accuallly think that there is no reason not to have female space marines.
SoB are dead anyway.
Are you unable to enjoy yourself with women around?

Pay attention to . That's why SM are male only, because they're based off of monks.

>SoB are dead anyway.
Ah, so you're baiting, and have ruined a thread for your incessant posting of a meme that should die.

>mfw fa/tg/uys failed to protect their hobby from SJW propaganda

>SoB are dead anyway.
Gee I wonder why.

Hey anons, how would you feel if I infiltrated my entire army?

because of ugly models and bad rules?

What has changed?

I don't see any SJW trash in 40k at all.

>bad rules
I bet you're one of those retards that think SoB are Ork tier and have never actually read their rules. SoB are monobuild, but are most certainly high in the middle.

I'll give you that they have old and ugly models though.

>Are you unable to enjoy yourself with women around?
Sort of yes, for the same reason why I play with male-only in football
Also, SJW stop evading my question
>why you're so obssessed with the idea of female space marines, does "male only" club in fictional universe hurs your sense of justice?

I'll slap markerlights and riptides on your ass, I mean it.

>I don't see any SJW trash in 40k at all.
Except 40k new playerbase:

But what does female Space Marines add? How are they improved? Is it solely for the purpose of equality (utterly hilarious that we're striving for equality in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium)?

I just don't see any benefit. So Female SM have a vagina, who gives a flying fuck. SM have always been male and male only, and adding female SM to practically sexless demigods of war just disrupts the lore already established for not justifiable reason other than 'equality'

Except he prob does not even play the game.

Most likely some AoS shit baby.

But what if I'm playing Orks?

No they didn't, you utter mong.

Then you always win.

Orks live to fight and die, die and fight.

Also the new strong wimyn special characters and shiet in Gathering Storm

>No they didn't
They were.

I have always seen Ordo Xenos inquisitors as being the go to for fem inquisitors desu. And hereticus also.

not so much malleus

Oh fuck, Farsight help me.
Um...I'll take Eldar allies?

Then you should perhaps look into your problem with women.

I looked at the reasons for there not beeing female space marines and found them lacking. They felt like a poor justification rather than any accual reason. With so much other weird and fantastic stuff in the fluff why is this tiny detail such a no no?

Anyway I gotta go now, I'm not going to convince anyone here and you are not going to convince me. And experience has taught me to know when I'm unwanted. I'll leave now.

The marines of the XI and II legions were rumoured to have been inducted into the XIII legion, though this has never been proven, it would explain the abnormal size of the legion at the time, having nearly twice as many marines as other legions that weren't the Dark Angels before the Rangdan Xenocides, nor the Word Bearers.

I do though. I play orks, black templars, chaos space marines and dark eldar

>Templar player
>Wanting muh wymens mehrines

good joke.

go farm (You)s elsewhere please

You get Warpflame on EVERYTHING, and enemy has to role two dices on it! He gets +2 FnP if he passes, obviously.