Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1407: Jump Good Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcSmlSok32g
docs.google.com/document/d/1SvFxOcsvn4haspIgWcTZ0DUYWfUg2A0pTxryAl9QsHY/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Given you're essentially just going with the virus version of the previous forms and the alternate color for the final form, I'll allow it in this case. Do be aware that it won't be turning into these other forms though. I'd ordinarily not allow something like this, but for all intents and purposes this may as well be a palette swap, so it gets a special pass.

I assume you mean that it won't be turning into the regular versions, and i'm okay with that.

Can I pull double mega's somehow, like gallantmon/meggidramon?

That's under the "Last Straw" perk, the Digimon Partner variant.

Thanks.

>Capatcha is select the signs
>Round 2 is the same pic
O....kay?

Has anyone added the requests from a few threads ago to the jump requests list yet?

Say, you've made some damn good jumps over the last few months. I think you have the chops to make an actually-good, non-shit MCU jump, if you catch my meaning.

I stood in a void full of all things. Raw chaos whipped around me in an orderly fashion composed of invisible colors. Deafening silence howled in my ears. My mind should have broken, shattered upon the impossibilities that devoured me, but instead I felt only numb amazement and excitement. And then, all of that faded away. Unreality peeled away from me, and a figure stepped through it, parting as a veil of water.

I would describe it, if I could. But that sentence is about as close I could come. The being appeared as a woman. Or more accurately, appeared as EVERY woman. Looking upon her, I did not truly even see her. My mind simply perceived that she was there. I understood she was a powerful and absolute existence in the same way I understood my hand was connected to my arm. I just… knew.

And then… she laughed. Her voice shook the void -- or maybe it just shook me. One way or another, I felt and understood her voice instead of heard it. She smiled and her face shone like every star that never was. After an eternal moment, she spoke. “Mortal. I plucked you from your dimension, from the mundanity of your life, and cast you adrift in the Ur-Sea for one reason,” She extended her arm, offering me a paper, “I’m bored as Hell.”

I should probably have been surprised by her choice of words, but instead I numbly took the paper. With a great effort, I peeled my eyes from her own burning orbs and looked down at the paper. I looked back up at her. “Are you fucking serious?” I asked.

She laughed again.

can DC magic pull a resurrection?

Jump #1: Remember Me

Male
Errorist * This society doesn’t sound so great anyway.

Sensen - 0 * Neat?
HUD - 100 * Sounds handy.
Combat Programming - 0 * Probably won’t hurt to get some extra experience in this area.
Cache - 100
Memory Invasion - 200
Re-Mix - 300 * I’m not particularly comfortable with this, but it has its uses.
Minored In (Memory) Engineering - 200 * Being able to make this tech could be useful.

Edge - 100 * Uh, I’ve seen Terminator, but this guy sounds cool.

SAT Patches - 0 * This sounds pretty useful.
Hunt Glove - 100

Issues? We Have Subscriptions + 200

I would write something out, but I know nothing of the setting or plot except for what I read here, so I’m just going to move on. It sounds interesting though, so I may do research and write something later.

It's DC, opening a can of Tab would pull a resurrection.

It could, but generally it'd be pretty costly.

Though it is comics, so if it's a canon character you want to rez, just try waiting about five minutes or so and they'll probably be back.

Rolled 6 (1d8)

>1. Dark Souls
>2. Dark Souls 3
>3. Demon's Souls
>4. Bloodborne
>5. Generic Universal Monster
>6. Kubo and the Two Strings
>7. Chronicles of Narnia
>8. Kubo and the Two Strings

How strong would someone be if they used the Lightning Release Chakra Mode in conjunction with the Eight Gates?

>Another setting I know nothing about
>When I could actually write something for nearly every other jump on the list
Yeah, that's about right.

It's a two-hour movie, mate. You should watch it. It's worth it.

Depends on how strong they are without those.

Depends on how strong you are normally. Guy was smacking around Six Paths Madara in 8th Gate Mode, though, so if you were on his level or beyond it, you'd temporarily become the most powerful being on the planet.

Jumpers, here's a challenge for you.

The benefactor has appeared in front of you and offers to send you to any world we ave a jump of. The caveat is that you will not receive any new memories, perks, powers, items, or etc. Instead you must survive for ten years with your existing skills and whatever you can gather from your room/house/apartment in 1 hour.

If you somehow manage to survive the ten years, you'll get to start a normal chain.

What jump do you pick to try and survive in and why? What do you bring with you? If you pick an easymode jump the benefactor will call you a loser and leave.

Would sharing the Bio-Emerge capstone perk (via whatever power granting perks exist) with programs you've given life to with Digital Progenitor allow them to manifest in the real world?

Rolled 4 (1d8)

You know? I think I will. But I still feel like doing something now, so I'm going to skip over it until I do and just move on to jump 3.

>1. Dark Souls
>2. Dark Souls 3
>3. Demon's Souls
>4. Bloodborne
>5. Generic Universal Monster
>6. Teen Titans
>7. Chronicles of Narnia
>8. Kubo and the Two Strings

Pokemon. If I can't get anything new at the start, I may as well pick something I can still have fun in.

Or is Pokemon easy mode?

That depends. What are the funnest places to die?

Ugh, sometimes I hate the concept of this entire community.

Undertale, because even if there is danger in the form of the monsters being after my SOUL, and Flowey's schemes, it'd be worth it to interact with the awesome, hilarious, and sweet cast. Plus, once True Pacifist happens, I can spend the rest of the jump with my new friends. As for what I bring? Clothes. Going to be needing those. Also, something to eat. Oh, and some money as well, for the Spider bakery once I run out of food/if I'm unable to just hang out with Toriel.

Morroblivion. I'll probably die, but there's lots of work for random jagoffs and I've always wanted to visit Tamriel.

Hear me out. Most of the setting involves being out of civilization and in some kind of danger. A war is raging and you arrive during one of its most dangerous points. While you're not a bender and at a disadvantage, it is possible for a normal individual to thrive - and this is the sort of place that rewards clever thinking.

I'd bring spare clothes, some non-expirable foods, and whatever I can find in print that gives survival tips. Then I pray I don't die of super malaria due to being from a different dimension.

Do you mean Bio-Merge, which is the capstone of the Tamer/Digimon Partner perks? If yes, no. If you instead meant Bio-Emerge, which is a Wild One 400CP perk, then yes, I answered this last thread and it would allow them to travel to the real world where they'd synthesize a body.

What if you end up giving others super malaria since you are from another dimension?

If I choose not to start a chain, can I nominate the another candidate?

Go conquistador on their ass?

The Dresden Files.

It's dangerous enough on the whole that I shouldn't be turned down, but more than enough room that I should be okay with just a little bit of luck. All I need to do is fade into the billions of unaware mortals so that statistics is on my side, use outside knowledge to watch out for warning signs, and be thankful that nothing too cataclysmic should happen in the first ten years.

Aw fuck

Well, first off we're not doing any shonen settings, because challenging is good but suicide is bad. Video game jumps would be tricky too because for the most part you're going to be way more vulnerable to death and doom than anyone else. Comic books are out because, come on, you'll be a mere mortal. Likewise, settings where you need magic to do things (or even matter, like Harry Potter). You'd literally end up starting from zero. Like a bum on the street. No guarantee you'd be able to even get involved in the main plot at all.

But damn, not getting anything at ALL is a raw deal.

You know what? To keep things interesting, let's go with Grand Theft Auto.

>Benefactor's face when

No one is keeping you here. Ctrl-F4 will solve your dilemma.

Yes I meant Bio-Emerge. For some reason i thought it was the capstone for Wild Ones.

And I didn't see your answer last thread. Sorry.

Elder Scrolls and Grim Adventures spring to mind.

Depends on which interpretation of Pokemon you go with.

Sure.

No worries.

Answer's gonna depend on metaphysical bullshit I don't see the Benefactor clarifying with how sudden this all would be.

If I'm pretty much just Cut+Pasted into the world... actually, that user up there with the Undertale plan has got it down pat, though I'd probably skip trying to get money. Mostly because I would have no SOUL to hurt in this scenario.

If I do get the full backend of being a proper native, just no crutches or training wheels... I'd probably go full retard and spring for a shounen setting. Maybe One Piece. Or I could be a spicy meme and try to join Gwenpool in the straight-up comic reader with metaknowledge field in Marvel. I'll die (probably due to being a hobo with literally no life skills or savvy), but I'll probably get to see something cool before it happens.

Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I'll work for ASIC and sell bootleg games and stuff just so I can get off my feet, sure it gives the local evil person faith, but the Godesses would solve everything later and if they come after me I'll just give up. I just need the cash to live a somewhat okay life.

Just in case I'll take some spare clothes, bags full of food and drinks plus my video games.

I'll probably die if I stray off from city that is under control of the goddesses so at least thats a plan.

>Ctrl-F4
A M A Z E

Wouldn't your soul still qualify as a SOUL though? Not sure how Undertale metaphysics work exactly but your soul would be just as vulnerable, I think.

It actually gets worse, just think about how many diseases you have on you that you most likely don't know about, since you already built up an immunity to them. Everyone else doesn't, you're a walking death dealer.

First of all being dropped into any setting, even an "easy mode" setting with nothing is going to suck and be at best extremely boring.

That said I would go with Star Wars the Clone Wars, odds are I will spend the decade homeless or in prison for petty theft. Perhaps I could get the Jedi's attention and reveal some information to stop the empire from happening, unlikely but it is something to try.

Firefly, bring weapons, clothing, food, and all the soon to be Earth that was artifacts I can(especially books).

I pick Doom. Ya'll cowards don't even smoke demons.

I am become Heavens

Destroyer of worlds

Oh god I've become Decade

DanMachi, because unless if I'm mistaken, if I find the right Familia (Hestia ftfw) I can still get that Falna(sp? I literally forgot as I was typing).

That world is dangerous as well with the Gods playing politics, the Dungeon and its Monsters, and the politics between the Familia as well.

As for items...just some time to put on my hardiest set of clothes really. And yeah, I'm out after that.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcSmlSok32g

Would they have to be from this world?

Hope you're happy, murderer.

Maybe. I'll admit I'm banking that on my own biased and very pointed opinions on spirituality, so... you can guess what the implication here is.

I don't know user, It's a hypothetical challenge. You do whatever you want.

This is actually pretty easy. I pick dragonball. Trying to cheese your way into a chain is just gonna backfire, it's better to go someplace that'll give you stories, adventure, and make it worth your while no matter what happens.

So I hit dragonball, get to meet Goku, pal around and adventure with the characters who I adored in my childhood, and put my nose to the grindstone and EARN some levels of badass, even if it's not anything special by the settings standards.

The Benefactor can do what they must. I'll have already won, and if that is enough to make them send me on a chain?

Then Jump 2 couldn't be more obvious.

I'm never happy

Speak of, more writefaggotry eventually

Please clearly define easymode jump.

Xiaolin Showdown. Because why not.
Grab everything I can fit in a bag: clothes, money, phone, some food, soap, maybe a knife. The basics.

You don't deserve to be happy for what you have done.

Can't wait, I'm enjoying it so far.

Does choosing a jump as my "trial" prevent me from taking as an actual jump later in my chain?

Kill la Kill.

Great.

Does Bio-Emege also allow the user to do the reverse and go into digital spaces?

Not the Digital World specifically but in general.

Probably Worm.

You can take it again as actual jump later but doing so will reset everything back to the beginning and prevent you taking any duplicate items.

Stargate SG-1

Fun characters, explore the galaxy and alien civilizations, hope to god they can drag my ass to a sarcophagus if I get killed.

Cut to Colonel O'Neill brushing his teeth at the sink, suddenly a loud thump from the bedroom makes him freeze. Walking into the room O'Neill hears rustling inside his closet, he opens his nightstand drawer pulling out a pistol and walks quietly across the room. He yanks the door open and with a surprised yelp a young man clutching boxes falls out of the closet and lands on his back.

"You mind telling me what you're doing in my closet?"
"Um, a transdimensional being abducted me from a parallel universe in the year 2017 for entertainment reasons."
"...Ok."
"Ok?"
"If you were lying or crazy I imagine you'd have a better story than that."

And thus began my adventures with the Stargate program, armed solely with Stargate: SG-1 seasons one through seven and Stargate: Atlantis seasons one through four.

Not unless they already existed as their own world. Like, if there was an existing world in the internet, or some joint video game world like Wreck-It-Ralph or something sure, but you wouldn't be able to go in and out if it's a normal game or digital medium.

>taking any duplicate items.
How would you do that? You don't have any CP for this thing.

Stealing items to take with you, like the magpies all jumpers are

I meant anything you took with you but now I realize you wouldn't have the warehouse in this scenario so just ignore that.

I'm picking dragon ball, I'm bringing with me my laptop I'll download the manga to it. It's not that hard to survive there if you don't get caught in bullshit. Otherwise I'm going to bet on the World Martial Arts Tournament to make some money, and look for Goku's ship, that I will sell to capsule corp.

Send me to Jurassic Park. At least when I die it'll be a cool death.

Goku's ship exploded right after Gohan pulled him out of it. It's gone, user.

I have a dumb question about fire emblem fates, for companions like Kin (the free companion for beast tribe) can you import a companion in to that role?

either (because if you can somehow survive Satsuki's early arc or get in good with Ryuko the biggest problems are averted cause all i gotta do is tell her who killed her dad and what the purpose of the entire school thing is. I'd probably get murdered for not falling into line, though, I...can get pissy. I also never joined a club in high school so I'd get massive negative points for that) or if I wanted to cheat

Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1
The disaster is localized and I have enough meta knowledge of it to get through it relatively unharmed, though butterflying away certain things might not help. Still, Maki is the most obviously evil motherfucker that I feel that I'd just be doing everyone a favor pointing him out as such BEFORE he gets to doing anything.
as tempting as it'd be, I am not gonna beg for a Driver either. Core Medals and Gaia memories both have their issues I'm not gonna be able to get past on my own. All I got is my meta knowledge and a winning attitude.

Worm, because it's the most dangerous setting I know of without an afterlife. A number of devices containing the entire web serial, my phone, car, and wallet. I'll nominate the actual Steve Rogers before I die.

>the biggest problems are averted cause all i gotta do is tell her who killed her dad and what the purpose of the entire school thing is
Those aren't the biggest problems. Part of the reason the biggest problem was averted was because Ryuko gained strength and experience from fighting the other students and absorbing Life Fibers.

Hm. Yeah, you're right. the main knowledge to drop would be how to ensure the rapemom STAYS dead the first time, really. Besides that Ryuko doesn't seem to hard to befriend underneath it all

Dammit, I somehow managed to post what was supposed to be a reply to this thread as its own post. My apologies.

Anyway, this is an Onimusha Essentials Jumpchain I've been working on for the past few days. I was told to post it here for critique rather than upload it directly to the drive, so I'm attempting to follow the correct etiquette.

I've attached a pdf version, but also have the link for the google drive document, in case people want to suggest changes directly to the document. Thanks!

03AOP2lf7eutAioBmNht961oTJrk9NhX9WB6zNoVe4m4Jpd0kkxURfR0rCa-_ZmvRbSAQuOzRwb_MV5Mhe5PmYMBZ9aIzv0vISFpIZIS0yOCqxbTAyBJSa_clr1N2dKZFTFmYSspK10DdZit98ihK7ALryINbpICYOnCV078-q1RPvSTr3eCelPRJ-otjQaMVVonhRojPxAf_08QxyqggzBIvKtszEbKTtNMJrVrNh5yseX6UIMLCPUSQGTMP0CAyBVRQKVtHySFtT0Q_bO42HlCUC2Ga97xQcKA

Not all of it, I just looked it up again, Mr Brief used what was left of it to build the ship that Goku used to go to Namek. Which is what I recalled. The important parts are left, and they are the only ones that really matter anyway.

Your uh.

Your google doc link there

It's kinda borked.

Uh. Huh. I wonder how that happened.

docs.google.com/document/d/1SvFxOcsvn4haspIgWcTZ0DUYWfUg2A0pTxryAl9QsHY/edit

Hopefully that posts correctly.

Yeah, I don't think it'd be too hard exactly to act like Mako's distaff counterpart.

World of Darkness.

Worm. It's only slightly bleaker than the current time line, lets me go into the same type of jobs I have available now, and provided I stay out of the way I have a good chance to survive golden morning or random cape attack xiv. I take food, water, clothes, whatever I can pawn for cash since they don't use paper currency, fifty silver dollars I have sitting here, and best of all I don't have to go to Worm again if I win.

It's functional. Could probably make it up to the drive as it stands.

[Bodymod]
Build: Medium
Body Type: Athlete [500]
Stats: Speed 2, Dexterity 4 [400], Sense 1 [350], Appeal 1 [300], Shape 1 [250], Endurance 2 [150], Strength 1 [100]
Perks: Flexibility 1, Metavore [0]

[Cosmic Warehouse]
Utilities: Electricity, Heat/AC, Plumbing, Forcewall [100]
Structures: Housing, Medbay [60]
Misc: Food Supply [50], Portal [20], Stasis Pod [0]

[02: Avatar - The Last Airbender]
Origin: Nomad
Nation: Earth
Perks:
Sense of Humor [950]
Spiritualist [800]
Innovative [500]
Bending Arts [400]
Maneuverable Bender [300]

Items:
Wealth x2 [200]
Clothing
Set of Maps [100]
Weaponry [50] - Hook Sword
Waterskins [0]

Right at the turn of the new year, I'm somewhere else. In a vast city full of new and colorful faces. Just like before, I have new clothes and a slightly different face…but the locals don't pay me much mind, not even noticing that I had appeared from nowhere. I had some new items tucked away in a backpack on my back, including a sheathed blade. Not sure how it fit there, but now I was somewhere else again and had to get my bearings.

I heard the words 'Fire Nation' in passing and rapidly understood where I was. I wasn't sure about the year, though - had Aang's journey already begun, or did I arrive at a stranger point in time? I wasn't sure. I kind of wish I was a bigger Avatar nerd before this all started. Either way, I had money, I had clothes, and soon found I had a simple enough grasp of Earthbending…it definitely felt weirder than the Agito Driver, like learning how to flex a new limb. I'd have to practice it in my spare time.

Now that I wasn't in a jail cell or completely helpless, I decided to get a job and setup lodgings for myself. I was a little bummed out my Trychaser didn't make the trip with me, but I figured I could manage with what I had. I made up a fake name for myself and got to situating myself in the city. How bad could a city designed by Bumi be, I asked?

Reposting Ya'qi due to not getting much input, and have another Companion. How do either of these guys sound?

Stable Master Ya’qi (200 CP):
“Mon, I’m no’ sayin’ ignore da bite mahks I got all ovah meh. I’m jes’ sayin’ give da liddle guy a chance!”
Ya’qi is... enthusiastic, to put it lightly. A jungle troll with a lot of heart, particularly for those beasties that one should not be taming lightly. Core hounds, kodiak bears, devilsaurs, he’s tried to hug them all. One could almost regard him as an expert zoologist despite his lack of scientific knowledge - his expertise in beasts, and ability to study and quickly learn of new creatures, are second to none. As well, should you have some kind of stable, exhibit, or similar type of enclosure, you’ll find he will immediately name himself it’s caretaker. And you won’t be disappointed.

For another 100 CP, Ya’qi can discover a hidden potential within his soul - and can potentially take the old Zandalari path of the Dinomancer. Pursuing this road will give Ya’qi to call upon the spirits of the ancient saurian beasts that prowled the world, calling them as spectral allies or requesting their aid in taming and controlling similar creatures.

Wugui (400 CP):
“Hmmmm...”
A remarkable friend you’ve made here if I do say so myself. Though he’s rare to converse, when he does speak you’ll find this dragon turtle - a distant relative of Shen-Zin Sun, the Wandering Isle - has a degree of observation and wisdom that is rare to find in just about any living creature. Relatively fast for his size as well, this dragon turtle is just large enough to carry a full-grown tauren on his back, and still be able to swim.

But you see, much like Shen-Zin Su, Wugui has the potential to grow to greater and greater sizes. Although do keep in mind, it took the Wandering Isle over 850 years to become an island the size of Hawaii. It is slow-going, to say the least.

Okay, I'll bite. How do you plan on staying out of the way when both Contessa and the Simurgh can precog you?

Not that bad, turns out. No, the trouble started when a surprise Fire Nation attack befell the city. It wasn't a big invasion force - some of them had barged into the city and had the bright idea of damaging it from the inside while the main siege of Ba Sing Se continued. I guess they wanted to avoid the siege THAT badly. Naturally, they crossed paths with me.

When you're used to fighting monsters, men don't seem so scary. The Agito Driver's standby sound echoed into the streets as onlookers stopped to stare amidst the panic and the hurried footsteps of Earth Nation soldiers rushing to join the fray.

"Henshin!"

I turned and I fought. The soldiers were tough, but I was tougher…sort of. Meshing together Earthbending and my own fighting style was something I had no practice with, but I was a fast learner. I tossed the soldiers around and threw them down before restraining them, until one of them managed to lodge a spear into my arm. I pain, and out of instinct, I turned and threw a punch with my strong hand.

The metal of his helmet bent inwards, and I heard something 'snap' with a sickening crunch on impact. Like an egg had cracked against the surface of my knuckles. I stared in horror as a trail of red followed him as the soldier fell down. Dead.

But if he intends to stay out of the way, why would he ever come up on their radar, being a normal person? It's just a matter of staying away and not interfering in their plans.

He only has his existing skills and nearby stuff, he's of absolutely no threat to either Contessa or Simurgh. No reason why either of them would care to focus on a literal nobody.

A bit weird how you organized the items alphabetically instead of by origin, but that's not really an actual problem.

>Time Folder
Is this, like, actual time-travel to the past and future, or just "between timelines"?

Hero Union BBS. They have procedures in place to handle this sort of thing, and I'm sure I can badger them into getting me a Cheat. Even if not, I think most of the sub-settings let magic be learned by anyone? Judging from Sage's comments, I think that's true?

On the other hand, that means I'll almost certainly get stuck in a fight with a Demon Lord, and probably as part of the actual summoned hero's party, but hey, worth it. Assuming I can get magic, of course. I'll ask while she's there. If I can't...

Hyperdimension Neptunia. I have the Neptunia games on my laptop, so I'll go to the local Bascilicom, badger people until I get a chance to talk to a CPU, then show them my copies of the Neptunia games and bargain for a place to stay, and also, magical training.

Why?

Where do jungle trolls come from?

Er, well, both? In Onimusha 3: Demon Siege, the time travel is kind of weird. There seems to be two timelines going on, except for the fact that changes to the past can affect the future, but usually do so in a direct way. IE, taking a key and using it to unlock something 500 years in the past unlocks it in the future.

It's honestly one of the more confusing time travel attempts I've seen, but it works for the narrative.

The jungle, duh

>Spoiler
Shiiiiit.

LOTR
Cabin in the Woods
Gravity Falls
Metalocalypse
Worm

I confess I will be most disappointed if next thread is not "1408: There Is No Thirteenth Floor."

Hmm. I guess it does depend on just how good Path To Victory is at skipping the inbetween steps.

I.e. whether it tells Contessa "go see this user, he knows how Zion can be killed" and then the Simurgh explodes his head (just as Contessa arrives, for maximum despair factor) or whether it tells Contessa "I just read this guy's brain, here's how Zion can be killed."

Stranglethorn Vale / southern Eastern Kingdoms.