Ops and Tactics: Remove the Bourgeoisie Edition

>What the hell is Ops and Tactics and why did you write this?

Ops and Tactics is/was a rework of the terribly awful modern game D20 Modern that produces enough differences in said game to be considered it's own. It's goal was to do the following things

1. Make Combat more fluid and less rigid like the D20/D&D style outright demands.
2. Make it reflect the real attributes of weapons and armor, in a more realistic sense, while being as playable as possible.
3. Make everything else suck less, at least in my opinion.
4. Introduce a more modular way to handle magic, Incantations/Invoking(My own..thing), Psionics, and equipment. There is also a lot of equipment.

>Why do you keep posting this?

Cause I keep changing things. This latest version got rid of archetypes. I'll post the changelogs for each book below.

>Bloat!

SQuATs. Enjoy your bloat free game!

>What kind of game is this good for?

Games with a lot of gunfights, where you want the realistic guns but you don't want the slow down. Also for people at least somewhat familiar with the D20 System.

>GURPS!

Go play gurps.

There is a blog: opsandtactics.blogspot.com and a website: www.opsandtactics.com

As always, I'll be posting and answering questions, as well as posting the current releases of the books.

>Core Rulebook

Alright, a lot got actually changed here, some new additions to things. The changelog is below.

Removed the ablity to "Take 16 or 18" and replaced it with roll stacking.
Changed TN values and times for various skills
Removed Dilletante
Gave "Unemployed" the ablity to take any skill and a single feat.(For being unemployed!)
Removed all the archetypes, and replaced it with a more streamlined "classless" system.
Removed all of the tallents and made most of them into Feats.
Made modifications to the rules to denote "Archetyal skills" to "Focused skills" and crossarchetype skills to "Unfocused skills"
Added Tannerite
Added "Sticks of dynamte" For throwing!
Removed the "Unarchetype" and the "Abnormal" as they are no longer required.
Recalcuated how Expirence points, leveling, and skill points are given out, thus eliminating the need for a hard level stop.
Removed the Variant rule "Level 5+"
Revised some of the checks for Perception, so gunshots are easier to hear
Changed the way the Crafting skill works, so a failure jsut means it takes more time and supplies to create a thing.
Added the ablityu to actually make bombs in Demoloitons
Added more skill features in PResence, and Speechcraft, based on the former charismatic's tallents
Removed Combat Sheath from Modern Magika and placed it in Core
Removed the "Higher attack means more damage" rule
Changed Pistol Grip and the folding stock so that they are more inline with one another.
Clarified close combat rules for shotguns.
Allowed stand alone Grenade launchers to actually take stock upgrades
More faithfully represented some stand alone grenade launchers
Changed the critical rule so that if you're wearing a helmet that stops the damage it isn't an automatic critical

>Continued

Increased Sprayfire to 4 CP
Removed all of the BABs on feats
Took the SMG and Machine pistol Feat tree and condensed into the PDW feat tree.
Clarified multi damage dice with alternate types of ammo
VERY SLIGHTLY simplified grapple. But not by much.
Changed The RPG7 so that it can use multiple types of Rockets now
Added the SMAW, and allowed it to use multiple types of rockets
Added aformentioned Rockets(HEDP, HEAT, Frag and Thermobaric)
Added a "Backpack pouch" for Molle
Fixed a quirk where you could potentially spam pava/spray to blind someone for multiple turns(+10) so that they were blinded and could not fight

Up next is Modern Magika

I removed Goblins. With the new change from the removal of the Archetype system for a "Build your own character" system, there really was no point for them. Changelog below
>Changes
6.02 to 6.03
Fixed format erros
Removed Combat Sheaths and placed them in Core Rulebook
Removed the chart for Stylus and replaced it with the formula for damage
Removed Goblins from the Selectable Races
Added a feat "Spoken Spell" That allows you to cast a spell for 6 or less SP withotu writing it down.

Changed All elves in the following ways:

Removed the weapon size penalties

Gave them a Recoil Modifier penalty due to their fraility.(-3 For high, -3 for forest, and -3 for Desert)

Added the item "Neural Inhibitor", that allows you to actually arrest people with Mental limit by removing their mental limit.

Advanced Arms didn't get much of a change. Most of the stuff was changed last version. But regardless, here it is.

Fuck. Here's the actual book.

>Changelog for the hell of it

Changed Kandari so that they have a recoil penalty instead of a "Weapon size restriction"

>FID

I didn't write FID, but I did help. Mad props to Craft for everything he's done.

All of the NPCs got tweaked so that they're more inline with the classless system now. Also we removed level drain.

Squats Didn't change. Here it is.

I added and corrected the different types of autofire for Procedural guns, so there you go.

Also, to get this out of the way

>Where are the character sheets?

I'm still actually drawing them. It's quite a bit more difficult than I remember, so I'm taking my time this time.

I'll be here until the thread dies, to take questions/complaints.

Was just about to do this haha.
Even better since you're the creator, how would you stat a terminator in this system? A 'standard' footsoldier. T600-800 or so.

>Terminator

Probably make him a construct that can fire guns and such.

Or go the synthetic route(As in the race, Synthetics) and turn the HP/DR WAY the fuck up.

>Mfw The phased plasma rifle in the 40w range ain't shit compared to the 65w

Thanks!
I was thinking construct... But deciding on their stats and shit can be a pain. 'Cause the bastards would have 26 or so strength, but that seems to high, I think. Haha.
Anyway, good system you have here. Keep up the work

Thanks.

Also when you're making monsters, feel free to just..outright ignore the rules otherwise. Monsters are outliers to the standard rules.

Bump.

Wow, it's quiet today.

Courtesy bump from /k/.

With this many things wrong, that had to be a troll.

Not a single troll.

What has this world come to.

Can player characters control squads of NPCs?

>Squads.

Nope. It's not built for that.

Can squads of NPCs control player characters?

Yes, but only if they have the proper books to do so.

I suppose I'm bumping because usually by now I'd get some people telling me what I did wrong.

So it's about that time.

Bumpan

>Saved from page 9.

Who is this masked vigilante?

10/10 system. Its excellent for modern day.

Well shit. Thanks man.

If there's anything you don't like, feel free to let me know.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Let's see what we get.

Rolled 91 (1d100)

Machine Gun.
Just giving this a test run.

Rolled 61 (1d100)

General Purpose Machine Gun.
Rolling RoF.

Rolled 91 (1d100)

>2 round Burst and Autofire
Gotta love the double tap.
Rolling Autofire speed.

>Fast
High RPM
Magazine is always Belt Fed for GMPG's and they're always Large.

Caliber

Rolled 99, 58, 61 = 218 (3d100)

Fuck.
Caliber, Range, and Error %

Rolled 14 (1d100)

>.338 Lapua Magnum
>65'
>10%
So it fires a large, high powered sniper bullet but has only middling range and isn't terribly unreliable.

Standard Equipment.

I really like the idea of a d20-style modern combat game.

I'm intimidated by the fact that this thread has six different PDFs. Is it playable right now? What is the final goal? How much progress is done towards it?

Apparently I'm a fucking retard.

OP, this is awesome and if you made it I love you and I want to marry you regardless of gender.

You're welcome, but I'm good man. Thanks though.

>I'm intimidated by the fact that this thread has six different PDFs. Is it playable right now?

Yes.
>What is the final goal?
Get some prints. Also finish the fucking PDF character sheets.
>How much progress is done towards it?

Uh..all? It's playable.

"""""""""""""""finished""""""""""""""" game

IT's finsihed roland.

I've been fixing errors!`

The link to your blog from your site - the one at the bottom - is backwards. It says "blogspot.opsandtactics.com".

Goddamnit. Thanks.

One more bump to save it for morning, possibly.

Those are cool pics.

Thanks. Took them myself. THinking of taking more, but not sure of what to take them with.

Bump?