Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about /pfg/ games being nothing more than a conspiracy of secret nepotism, like what happened with 2hu and Puellanalysis?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RotRK closed apps and the GM can only run on Wednesdays.

This blows.

i'm glad that dragons2 wasn't one of those

Reminder that having -4 str built in means kobolds are an all female race.

Nepotism is fine, but keep it a fucking secret. DMs that open themselves to memeing invite themselves to trouble.

>How do you feel-

I feel nothing.

lizardpucci

That is a very cute fox!

I just wanted to play a game. I thought I knew what the DM wanted.

Maybe I was wrong.

How does it feel to know that the next few /pfg/ games will have a horde of PLD rejects applying with their setting-adjusted apps?

Some of these are too good for PLD. At least one guy wants to straight poach them.

Since I'm already in multiple /pfg/ games? Feelsgoodman.

More likely, you just weren't good enough.

I generally discard most poorly-written apps anyway, so it isn't a problem.

My aura of cowardice happens to disagree. Come hither, and you'll know fear.

That's a cute devil. CUTE.

I can't setting adjust mine. I'll just have to bury the stillborn carcass in the backyard of my mind.

WWW should be immune to it

Reposting from last thread since it was after announcement of new thread.

So basically you guys are trying to suggest that cabalist is the only viable archetype to play a magical girl warrior (using only 1pp) without wanting to kill myself?

>suggesting they should just let the characters they spent hours, tears and sweat bringing to life waste away into nothing
One day she'll find a home. One day she'll settle down with a qt.

That doesn't make me feel anything either.

I'm already in a game, and it's not even a meme game.

Is that true, Fairy? Do you know truth now?

>GMs want a group of people who they'll be able to get along on good terms with
>Getting on good terms with the GM and getting picked because of that is nepotism

??

its more when the DM lies about it

Gentlemen, no fighting!

Also, your suits of armor both look really stupid! Tell your blacksmith that he can eventually stop engraving and adding detail. You look like you're wearing six years of armor detailing.

Subtle

On that note, how does aura of cowardice interact with abilities that negate/ignore conditions, such as Myrmidon's Warrior Determination?

Does it count as being immune when you negate a condition and thus an antipaladin stops it from working, or do you simply ignore the condition's effects while technically still being affected by it (for the purposes of feats/abilites/spells/etc) and thus have a way around aura of cowardice?

You'll never know.

What lie? If the DM has already picked a player, they should be up front about it.

Big Dick Sigmund invitation when??

How do GMs typically get players here? What sites do they use for apps?

>tfw hoping I get in with either Pene or Gloriana but it's entirely possible Vult will pick an all guy party for maximum /y/ shenanigans.

Don't worry; I'm not upset. I picked you in my line-up, after all.

>Mfw considering making Kobolds and lizardfolk the "fantasy race with extreme sexual dimorphism" of this setting
>Mfw Kobolds get +4 Charisma/+2 Wis/-4 strength in this setting

Should I make the Kobolds the males of the race?

What if you get in, user? What if she finds a qt to settle down with in the grimderp world of PB & J?

Pic related.

Big Dick Sigmund's so manly he'll fuck Lysander and turn that little twink into a cute fairy girl with the power of Thick Woodsman Cock.

Kobolds are not cute!

>Lusicus

>3rd born of a noble
>Actually noble and wanting the best for everyone even as he's an adolescent of thoughts and concise words rather than "speaking from the heart"
>rallies entire defense force of a city to himself to shoot down a manifested tome monster
>tome monster has a book
>therefore WE MUST PERSECUTE THE MERCHANTS

There's a few things that I see as questionable here; First off, the personality seems to be entirely disparate from the backstory. Lusicus is autistically smart but can't do people, ok, that's due to stats. But it just seems to be that way, no reason given. He's kind and noble and willing to put his life on the line, when... most of the nobles in the setting are dicks? It just doesn't tally.

Secondly, shooting a tome monster in the heart isn't going to do much when it's not a moonshard weapon.

Third, it's a complete jump that tome -> tome merchant. It's supposed to be something pretty new and only now being found out about, not practically common knowledge.

Fourth... trying to solo a huge manifested thing is just going to get splattered. That's frankly suicidal. If he was directing it, maybe, but... trying to tank something with 15 AC is just asking to get actually splattered. Not to mention most monsters don't really want to paste nightwalkers, but rather go for the humans!

GOOD: You've got a big battle going, and something that shows how drastic the situation can get.

BAD: It... just doesn't add up. Lots of things don't tie together well. Mechanically the backstory of defeating a giant monster doesn't make sense the way it's done and doesn't really fit what's known about monsters. And it doesn't show much into why Lusicus is the way he is.

Don't know zip. All I can suggest is knowing the tone of the setting is probably the right way of getting in.

And then die because he fucked another Fae related individual like a dumbass.

What if she settles down with Gloriana?

Who the heck knows what the party comp is going to be now, he already picked a frontliner.

Are too!

>Players I wanted to get in with haven't posted for review yet and might've dropped
They were smarter than me

Nu uh!

user...

Who did you want to get in with?

It's fine for GMs to do that. Mostly, I think we're directing our ire towards Puellareviewer since they have obviously dick-ridden and shilled their way into a primary slot before everyone else.

Feels like I've dodged a bullet with PLD.

Vulnerability to feminine wiles is a time-honored fatal flaw!

So fucking what? Why wouldn't you pick the player that clearly gives a shit about the game and enjoys the setting and made a good app?

Caster vigilantes are only"good" because they have spells. Cabalist has a mediocre list and features. Warlock has a decent list but its big feature is a joke. Zealot is Inquisitor-lite. Magical child is a discount usummoner.

If you can convince your GM to allow Legendary Vigilante stuff, Warlock is bae, otherwise you're pretty much just picking based off spell list.

t. Puellareviewer

>Don't know zip. All I can suggest is knowing the tone of the setting is probably the right way of getting in.

I want to hug this smug thug!

I think the biggest mark Peullareviewer got towards them was suggesting that the tome events didn't have to revolve around "family members uses tome, burst into tentacools," and "doomed village number 67."

Which up until that point, was what every app had applied with.

Because any player that slobs the DM's knob while shitting on other players is not a good sign

inb4 Gloriana doesn't get in because Puellareviewer strikes against her, even though they went the extra mile and even included an ERP EXCERPT in their app so that they could get their ERP writing style across.

Also, Puellareviewer, you're 2hu's online BF, right? Does he give you the pussy?

>Appeal: 3/5 Generic prettyboy, no gimmick
>Backstory: 2/5 Doesn't quite make sense
>Compatibility: 4/5 Ranged, melee, casting, technical skills, decently well rounded.
>Setting accuracy 2/5 Again, see above. Running up to a monster that's being bombarded with cannon fire is only going to get you splattered, not save the city.
>Sexual potential: 3/5 Generic prettyboy, no gimmick

I'd have Lusicus barging in a commander position rather than dropping him on top of a wall, have the MANLY FISTFIGHT after the wall is partially breached. Perhaps he might have seen it for a chance for glory, or something, but seeing people actually die be a good way to realise that people are something to be protected. Something that makes a bit more sense. As for the tomes, that's something should be looked into directly, rather than having someone "know" that it's due to tome merchants. Luscius researching them would work much more smoothly.

fae related marriage are probably nice quiet affairs without humans involved

I want to lewd puellanalysis

debatable

I really, really wanna lewd 2hu

What's the point in even playing androgynous shota boytoys if you're not gonna put out?

Wait, what does Puellanalysis have against that app? I thought he hated Drummond most.

2hu only plays foxboy traps, though

Why isn't that lizard wearing any pants? She's going to get torpor, and then we'll have to carry her around everywhere.

I don't care that a DM pre-selected a slot, there're a million reasons to pre-select a slot and they're all legit. I have a problem with the advertisement that the final selections are on the 1st, how choosing one character means that others can just be thrown out entirely due to schedule or compatibility, and that in context of /pfg/, it centralizes things more around the outside-thread community on Discord or IRC.

If you start a game and you liked a player you played with, then invite them and make it clear what's going be in. HV had old party when it opened up again, whatever.

But here it's like, wow, way to get the worst of both worlds, wasting people's time with your pre-selection but not even having the courtesy to be polite about it. Really reeks of the DM discussing shit with the player for reviews or something.

>Reviewanon 1
>Doesn't get into Dragons 2 because they spent their time reviewing others and set finishing their own app for later, then Eagle closed the deadline early with no warning

>Puellanalysis
>Gets into PLD first because the GM notices they've clearly paid attention to the setting in the process of reviewing

>he wasn't there for the big throwdown!
How could you fucking miss it?! Were you too busy fapping to hookup threads on /b/?

Is fae marriage even legal on Terania?

Wait, why does he hate Drummond?

the boipucci then

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

I heard it's more than likely because Reviewanon 1 was a newfag and Eagle only picks people who people can vouch for.

I was chilling with my friends yesterday. What happened? Which thread was it in?

Its hard to put on pants when you have that thicc lizard tail.
Also, knowing kobolds they're probably underground, so there's not much risk to torpor there

I wonder who vouched for Rory.

wasn't me

Certainly fuckable

Nodachis, iirc.

I... don't get it?
What should the GM have done if they only just made the firm decision on their first slot today?

They mentioned they were trying not to read all the apps while they were still open, so now that they've looked over the characters for their own review, they have picks come to mind.

Should they have... picked Lysander and then kept it secret?

Ironically...

Aurora.

good reason desu

I think that's what user would prefer. That way, the DM gets what they want, to pick stuff whenever it's convenient, but the user gets what he wants, the illusion that he has a fair shake.

>mfw i got in

>MFW I DON'T KNOW WHO COULD HAVE VOUCHED FOR ME

I'm scared

>/pfg/ games are like job applications
>have to be experienced to get hired
>but can only get experience by working...

Feels bad, man.

>Should they have... picked Lysander and then kept it secret?
Yes.

Yes, announce all the picks at once.

Experience from volunteering counts. I volunteer a lot with a local group that goes out and pulls weeds and collect garbage. I also include that in my apps.

Alternatively, enlist in the military. You don't need experience to get trained to murder innocent practitioners of a peaceful religion that doesn't believe in violence.

Spiral Mineshaft

Filthy NEET scum.

Just get to know the GM. Talk to them a bit. You know, like Puellanalysis did to get their slot. Except without all the shitting on other people trying to get in so you can assemble your waifu party.

>mfw I got into a game
>mfw jack shit for experience and no actual friends in anywhere

Dumb luck usually wins out in the end, my user!

>She thought she was bringing an animal companion to work with her
>but no, it was ME, RORY

seriously thats the worst part of Puellanalysis

shit feels real fucked

Where can I find a map of LoBaF Katapesh and all of its new cities and stuff?

>>but can only get experience by working...
Depending on the field of work, this can be patently false

>Rory is just Dio but instead of being a British vampire he's a Danish werewolf.

Goddammit, fund this

You know how it goes, it's only railroading if you see the tracks. Nothing should've been confirmed until the final day, and I don't mean just to save the feelings of the other players.

If 4 of the apps turn out to be really good by the last day and they're all compatible with each other but incompatible with Lysander, that's off the table now. If the DM wants to read through the apps after they're final, he should read after they're final. There's like a week to closing and I think half of the players haven't even seen the confirmation post yet because it's been like, less than a day?

This is just an embarrassingly bad management job. I don't care who's picked for PLD, DM can do whatever, but it just shows extremely incompetence on the DM end. That's a bad sign for the campaign, 4 fetish girls isn't as much of a red flag since you know everyone is on the same page there.

Working is equivalent to working your app and subtly shilling it in the General.

I can post one on the LFG page...but it'd be really amateurish. Be careful what you wish for.

does that mean that resisting his cocksocking is MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

>Local Truck of Peace in France bombs internally.

Has any male gotten a generally positive rating other than Sigmund who's probably the least threatening for a slot? Conspiracies!