Warhammer 40k general

Grognards eternally BTFO Edition
>Space marines are Ork Tier!
>It's impossible for there to be female space marines!
>Christ-Chan is a Nazi I need my safespace!
>Seventh was the only time I felt like a winner in my life
-an autist

>previous thread
Time for 8th edition and space marine fags are furious about it

>Hello grognard my old friend, I've come to laugh at you again, because the 40k rules changing, and is making it worth playing, but not for you cause your stuck living in the past, and that won't last, within the age of emprah
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4→ → → → → → #

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>/pol/ is still making threads
Why, and why encourage this shitposting?

Do they think we're jews and they're trying to "gas" us or something?

Last thread is still on front page, dude. Don't blow your load so early.

You linked to the wrong previous thread.

>/pol/
More like /aosg/

A lot of /pol/lacks like 40k for the 'might makes right' aspects of the fluff.

I guess the 8th ed stuff just brought a bunch of them here where they'd normally just make 40k threads on /pol/.

They can lurk and post content that provokes *relevant* conversation.
Leave the trash talk elsewhere.

>tfw Fires of Cyraxus probably won't release until after 8th ed.

I just want more robits.

How would one make a Veteran-based Imperial Guard army? Minimum troops and fill the list with anything else?

Gunline *can* work with Veterans. You just have to spit out enough firepower.

It's total shit.

Mechanized list. Vets with special weapons in chimeras scooting around supported by arty or tanks (or both).

Load a few squads of vets with three plasma rifles in a chimera, use them for getting obsec and grabbing objectives, shell the shit out of anything that threatens them from long range with tanks/artillery.

Basically Steel Legion tactics, full mechanisation.

>How would one make a Veteran-based Imperial Guard army?

Blade Assault Company plus whatever else, like a Recon Company or an Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company.

Eh...not compared to a regular infantry platoon with heavy weapons.

None of the Guard's special weapons are really dangerous enough to compete with stuff like lascannons and autocannons, and vet squads are pretty squishy even if you shell out pts for carapace.

Is there a 7th ed Astra Militarum codex? Looking around, I can only find 6th ed ones.

I just want more space marine material

Derp, just checked, vets get heavy weapons too. Ignore me.

This isn't even /pol/ it's some retard making threada early and baiting.

Real new thread, not made by an idiot:

So has anyone else heard of Inner Circle?
Apparently the prize is a trip to US GW HQ to learn a big secret about the future of 40k

You're posting on the wrong thread.

This is /40KG/ right?

Put them in transports and give them special weapons.

The 40k general you're looking for was linked above your post. This one was made by an idiot while the prior thread was still on front page, has weird memes in the OP, and doesn't link to the correct prior thread. Just ignore this one.

Vets outside of transports are very OK. You can get camo gear for +1 cover which is nice. Lascannon in the squad is nice for bs4 but any special weapons outside of snipers will be wasted for how quickly the unit can die.

Vets with 2-3 plasma or meltas in a transport are best. You can really kit vets out with grenadiers or demolitions but it gets expensive. Grenadiers is best with plasma if they overheat but 3 plasma guns plus the armor adds up fast.

If you want full infantry vets, get a couple of regimental standards and multiple cads.

Trying to figure out how to change my Imperial Guard into a Steel Legion army with as little cost as possible, meaning I'd have to change my infantry blobs into Legionnaires and to get Chimeras for them. I'm not concerned with tournament level competitiveness, I just wanna use the metal Legion models. Gonna add a Baneblade at 2k points

I really want to get into this game but I cant afford neither the time and money it would take to get the minis ready for play. Is there some sort of roll20 analogue for games like this? I would really love to give wargaming a try.

This game is fucking pointless without the models. Go play a cheaper wargame with better rules or substitute the models with paper cutouts if you really have to.

You can play tabletop 40k in digital form as a video game with Tabletop Simulator.

40k as a game exists only as an excuse to show off and push around the models you meticulously built and painted. It's terrible from a rules development standpoint as a gaming system.

Fuck you, fuck your christ-chan, and fuck your tinly veiled /pol/ threads.

>Grognards

Why have I seen this phrase about 900 times in a week?

>it has christian stuff on it
>therefore it's /pol/

Plz don't tell me you actually think that.

These days, people immediately assume anything conservative or christian to be an object of scorn.

They rambled off something about a memes...as a reason why the other 40k is better...it isn't. It's no better or worse. Anyway...
Vassal or Tabletop simulator would be your Roll20 analogs.

Do people not realize 40k is a satire on fascism?

It also used to be a satire on Warhammer Fantasy, and pop culture.

being a christian is quite embarrassing

but what's downright disgusting is showing off your christianity
it's a satire of fascism and anything that can be called crypto-fascism
it's also a satire of fedora-tipping progressivist wish-fulfillment utopian sci-fi.
Christ-chan isn't "christian stuff", she's not the fucking ecstasy of St Theresa, she's one of /pol/'s mascots. So it's got Christ-chan therefore it's /pol/
but you already know that

>Christ-chan isn't "Christian Stuff"
Wait what? Seriously? Huh guess you learn something new every day. I don't go to /pol so I didn't know that. I thought it was a picture of a someone who was very, very christian looking at 40k and recognizing the Imperium of being a representation of early imperial Christianity. Projecting herself into the setting as a Bolter Nun.

It's a /pol/ thing

It's a thing that people call old Gamers who have trouble dealing with change. I know one who bitches about every edition of D&D that isn't the Red Box. Elf to him is a class.

>It's a thing that people call old Gamers who have trouble dealing with change.

So gamers in general?

But isn't that wrong? The definition I can find says it's people who prefer playing older games or older versions of games even when newer ones are available. It doesn't necessarily have to do with disliking change, they might just enjoy that edition or game particular. I mean, look at music. Some people enjoy 70's rock even though there's newer stuff available. Do they stick to that genre because "fuck dem kids and the bullshit they listen to, back in my day..." or just "I dig this more than the other stuff"?

Gamergate has come to 40kg. Just in time for female space marines, too.

Yep, the other one wasn't real because it didn't link back to the previous thread. Some grognards got seriously BTFO.

Loads of rough riders.

>Tau will strike first on a charge
>Necrons can now be an assault army

I don't want to live in a world like this.

It's not satire anymore, babe.

SJWs want to control media to fit their narrative, but in the end the truth shall win out.

It hasn't been played with any more than the occasional sense of irony in a very long time. It's also extremely hard to make a fascist government out as the bad guys for a killing significant portions of its own people when it's also the only thing standing between those people and their complete destruction at the hands of three or four different doomsday tier threats. "Making everyone evil" kinda ruins the ability for doing evil stuff to upset the audience.

Now if the setting were reworked so that most alien races wanted to be left alone, or otherwise were not necessarily hostile/willing to cooperate with the imperium like Eldar/Tau and yet the imperium still insisted on a fanatical militarist doctrine, that would be a more effective satire of fascism. It might even be funny if the imperium fans still fell over themselves as they do now to talk about how insidious and evil everyone else is.

People have been called grognards on Veeky Forums since every edition war.
Even if there's some /pol/ in the thread, "Grognard" is not a /pol/ thing, you sound just as much retarded as them and their SJW.

>wh40k and imperium satire of
>fascism
>not communism
>not multiple beliefs
>not British politicians

Has the Imperium of Man ever met a Xenos that didn't want to corrupt or subvert their empire in some way?

Reminder that Craftworlders canonically cooperate with the Imperium more than oppose them.

Bullshit you aeldar-lover.

That is clean as fuck.

Any club that gets its kicks by pretending to be retarded is invariably joined by actual retards. This goes for all of Veeky Forums too.

Go check the main rulebook, pay attention to the bottom of the Eldar fluff page.

Had a 1500 Space Marine vs Tyranid game today. Holy shit I don't think I've ever rolled so badly in a match before. I don't mind getting smashed into the ground if I'm enjoying myself but I was so done we didn't even get to the bottom of turn 3.
>10 man Sternguard squad takes 4 casualties and runs off the table
>Warlord almost runs to the edge of the table and almost goes off
>Ironclad dreadnought is in combat with hormogaunts for 3 phases and kills 4 or 5 of them
>Devastator heavy bolter squad does nothing because they get reduced to BS 1 from psychic powers
>Eversor assassin fails to kill 5 remaining termagaunts with 8 attacks
And combine that with a mess of failed armor saves and a full tactical squad killing 3 gaunts in close combat before the swarmlord ate them. The only surprising thing was the 4 plasma cannon devastator squad not killing themselves with their own guns, but even then their shots kept scattering onto the wrong units

1) What army do you play?

2) Do you cheat?

>Tau
>Yes

It may have been once over.

Now Space Marines are neither fascist or satire.

Which has ruined the setting.

What did each of your lists roughly look like?

Was he mostly flyrants?

Were you a bro and didn't list tailor to crush him?

He was 80 gaunts, 3 carnifexes, 3 zoanthropes, the swarmlord, and 3 warriors
I was 2 librarians, 20 tactical marines, 10 sternguard, 5 scouts, 2 devastator squads, ironclad dreadnought, and rifleman dreadnought

and an eversor assassin

Any razor backs? Did the Zo's pop all your transports?

Posted last thread, looking for advice on Harvest vs lychguard + more immortals

No transports, don't own any except for one rhino I didn't have with me

Real thread here:

It was also on a 4x4 so transports wouldn't have done me any good considering he charged me on turn 2

>"10 man Sternguard squad takes 4 casualties and runs off the table"
>he forgot arguably the most powerful rule for Loyalists, ATSKNF

>Dat looted knight...
Zog me, it's... it's so beautiful...GORK'S BLESSINGS ON YA!

They ran eleven inches off the table in one fall back move

They will still run, they just auto-rally. If you bitch slap marines while they are close to a table edge they will still run off the game zone.

>Implying /pol/ and the altright don't ALSO want to control the media to spread THEIR narrative.

Extremism on one side only fuels extremism on the other and in the middle, the rest of us sit and put our heads in our hands, wondering if there'll ever be peace and reason, or endless demagoguery and factionalisation that means nothing ever gets accomplished, because humans are best when we CO-OPERATE rather than divide ourselves!

This thread... disgusting.

Don't Orks just want to fight them and really nothing else?

Necrons should be ok at cc. Sure, low I is a handicap but what's it matter if the squad has staying power?
They'd be like fighting an army of kids doing the whole "I'm gunna swing my arms around windmill and if it hits you to bad" thing.
like that Simpon's episode where Bart and Millhouse do it to each other

>British Politicians
Mag-Urag-Thracker

It would be if that politely phrased definition didn't leave out that they bitch and moan about changes even when they are objectively enhancing game play. They will argue that their edition of choice is superior in every aspect. Any counter argument is ignorance or shilling.

True. I hope to face more than 1 Tau player soon.

Quick reminder that Nick Spencer is a lunatic that thinks anyone to the right of Pol Pot is actually PURE EVIL. His comics work is also terrible.

So yeah while change is fine shitty demagogues like him can get the fuck out of my hobbies. Maybe if he actually had some talent it wouldn't be so bad (Hell I even like Michael Moorcock and China Mieville even if their works have themes I totally disagree with) but honestly his output is just rubbish.

Orks aren't domesticatable, but in the 40k books there were alliances of brotherhood that would have welcome humanity to join it, had they not triggered the space marines to kill all of them at a banquet. Can't remember the book that was from, either the Ravener series or Ciaphas Caine.

>"LE BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD!!" XD

SJWs are the only side committing demonstrable harm to free speech and artistic liberty. Trying to say both sides are equally bad is not an argument.

You sure you aren't just talking about assholes? Because I'm sure there's plenty of people who think the latest game/edition is the best and anyone who isn't in on it is a faggot. Hell, I remember when 30k came around and all the faggots were shitting up threads with "40k sucks, real players are in 30k". And then when you got into 30k, they were all "wtf dude, where did all these newfags come to shit our game?"

>Orks aren't domesticatable
But humans apparently are. Blood Axes have been known to breed humans in order to have better cannon fodder than grotz/gretchin...

Games Workshop General Discord, it's a place for when the thread is dead or you want slightly faster paced chat!

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Do the orks build slave shacks or are the humans expected to take care of it?

Also how would an ork know the intricacies of human reproduction, aren't they smooth as ken dolls down there?

It would take 16 years to have a fighting age male. Grots and orks are just easier to create.

Hold your dice with the 1's facing up before you roll that.

>She slaps your primarch's ass and walks away.
>What do?

throw her onto a macrotreadmill to load the macrocannons

that pic is pure sex,

thank you.

>Her fat is squeezing out between the armor

>Do the orks build slave shacks or are the humans expected to take care of it?
They don't say specifically in the lore, but I would assume the Runtherderz/Slavers (aka the Boyz responsible for keeping the grots in line) are the humies 'overseers'.
The slavers probably break captured humans mentally until they're little more than beasts. Then they break these humans up into two different groups:
-humans to be used as a food/clothing source
-humans to be retrained/bred for new fodder.
-humans to be worked to death gathering resources for whatever the Warband needs
Then they usually appoint a re-trained human to feed/take care of the other humans in the slave shack (at least that was the case depicted in the lore anyway)
>Also how would an ork know the intricacies of human reproduction, aren't they smooth as ken dolls down there?
Yes, and watching broken humans and/or humans who have never seen the Emperor's Light in their lives go at it like beasts probably helps I guess. Sure grots are easier to come by, but human footsoldiers are a long-term investment, whereas grots/boyz can be replaced at a very rapid pace.

Proof that Sisters are getting squatted

>womanlet sisters
>mfw

Only after I got it home did I realise Runefang Steel is a layer paint.
What would you usually put it over? I'm assuming a similar metallic like leadbelcher or something like celestra grey.

>Seventh was the only time I felt like a winner in my life

wow.

Iirc in Rogue Trader it was about forging a narrative and whatnot. At what point did it get so competitive? I started collecting around 2002

Either drybrush with necron compund or layer with Stormhost silver.

>example
>prime model black
>base metal parts with leadbelcher
>nuln oil
>layer runefang steel
>either drybrush with necron compound or highlight with stormhost silver or any other light silver