/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Party Hard Edition!

How does your group built the party? Do you all just make things randomly, or do you try to fill certain niches? Is there cooperation between chargen stuff? How do you avoid an all Dex party in a campaign with mostly Hammers and stuff?

Why is J, H, D and B best party?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KOgJPV9BG0U
youtube.com/watch?v=qhTL3sOINKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you refer to other's people characters by name, by class, race, or just by the player?

Brevoy seems like such an NPC kind of zone.
>Only place in Golarion with "realistic" medieval politics
>One of the few places with a prevailing sense of cynicism that isn't evil-aligned or actively menaced by evil
>It's feuding nobles all the way down
>There's only the bare minimum of nods to actual fantasy
>Swordlords are barely touched on
>Dragons are only defined by their conspicuous absence, as if they're extinct

It's really no wonder they spent so much time on the River Kingdoms in vanilla Kingmaker.

By their character's name, or by an in-universe nickname if my character doesn't know them.

Depends entirely on my character.

If unfamiliar, they'll often say "The mage", or "the elf". Then they usually transition into using their names.

>>There's only the bare minimum of nods to actual fantasy
What about the Gronzi Forrest being choked with fey, the magical ancient ruins that have closed down at the exact time everyone of Choral's house disappeared at once, or how its heavily implied that people or worshipping some C'thullhu mofo living in the middle of the huge lake

By character's name, nickname, or alias.

BOW TO ME
WORSHIP ME
HONOR MY NAME

Rolled 1, 6 + 2 = 9 (2d6 + 2)

>DHB's RotRK app
>18 strength
>18 charisma
>6'4"
>bred for war
>charming
>angelkin aasimar
>rides a dragon
>dragon is his sister
AAAHHHH don't mind me, just rolling some dice

OOC?
Always by name.

Sometimes I have gotten their name wrong because I didn't remember well enough and it's embarrassing.

I consider those outlying exceptions. There's mysteries, yes, but they don't give the impression that there's magic and adventure afoot.

I think we need to brainstorm some more ways for Brevoy to seem like it's a place in Golarion and not Westeros.

LEWD

>Less than 8 hrs before DHB gets rejected from his nth game

Depends on the character I'm playing. Usually rank, title, or last name; race if I don't like them. I'll usually only refer to the player OOC, and even then, I don't really conflate the two.

I want to make a character that's a hick qlippoth tiefling, how do I make her cute or at least pleasant while still keeping her appearance and mannerisms revolting?

>Name
What normal people do
>Class
Full F/SN mode
>Race
Racist McDwarf does this
>Player
Rollplay vs. Roleplay

But DHB is in a game, user.
Are you?

I told you a million times, use a goddamn stapler.

Wait, this guy is an actual character?
I just thought he was some model that the artist liked to use over and over again

Have a league/order of Weather/Nature Wizards who are responsible for watching over and helping agricultural communities across Brevoy? Also give them huge political sway due to being able to allow the nation and population to function?

I always refer to the player OOC, am I doing this wrong?

It's a per-table thig. At my table, saying "Hey Greg, can you use your rage ability" would ruin the emulsions, as they say.

>Wait, this guy is an actual character?
Its Lezard Valeth from Valkyrie Profile.

He's a psycho mage and psuedo antagonist for a while, who was trying to clone the Valkyrie Lenneth.

Valkyrie profile is a great game btw.

Make her casual and down-to-earth about her monstrous nature. Basically a good person underneath it all, or at least a responsible neighbor, but still quite frank about how she can't really feel full unless her meal was still alive when she started in on it.

He is a major character in Valkyrie Profile games
He is also S Tier "Wizards have no sense of right and wrong" Caster

Usually by name. Sometimes by race if it's exceptional. Class if its important.

Player if OOC.

I played an LG Rainbow Servant once. I had never played Valkyrie Profile before, and used Lezard as my character portrait.

The entire table was on edge for the whole campaign, assuming I'd turn on them.

WHY DOES DHB DO THIS, WHY DOES HE MAKE CHARACTER DESIGNED TO BREED

>somebody has already put up two apps for WWW

first of all
is that even kosher

second of all
fuck whats the last game somebody threw two apps at the same time at? RotJR?

More like bred to breed

Yup
Sounds about right

Relax pal, I'm probably gonna remove my alchemist's app.

i had like three apps for both wrath of the raunchy and hells vengeance

might be wise

christ.

hmm, that seems neat. I guess I'll have to look into the games after I finish Zelda:BotW, DS3, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle, FFV, FFVI, FFIX, FFX Remastered, Pokemon Moon, Resonance of Fate, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

And, somewhere in the, my Undergrad Research while I'm at it.

...I guess I can wait.

>Just throw them far enough.
I'll try... >mfw someone dies because of me trying to be cool when I shouldn't be

Hm, sounds pretty good, maybe they're allied with Erastil's church.

Though it might be interesting to have a splinter group that just goes around offering good weather for money/lodging/a night with your daughter.

How do you simulate a catfight between little girls (triggered by a player with some ink)?

Working off the eldritch lake rumor having some communities slowly going full Innsmouth would be nice.

So WWW group guesses?

Ashley, Malta, Amias, Rich, Mary.

Team MA ARM.

Let them RP it out? If it's not serious, there's no need to involve dice. Only autists demand dice.

Depends, are the little girls NPCs or PCs?

Either way, just small amounts of minimal Non-lethal damage might be a good idea.

>incidence of Motherless Tieflings on the rise

dude its got like 3 weeks to go there's so many apps that will come in

Not with PLD2 on the horizon.

Someone is thirsty for memes.

Yeah someone will totally pick Rory's player for a game again.

Right?

Restov. It's supposed to be all or mostly wood, so maybe some focus on just how much everything is intricately carved--sagas are told on every square foot of every building, family histories are carved into homes, and local mages have a tradition of artfully incorporating protective wards into decorative woodwork.

he can't even make it on thursdays, sooooo...

Totally fits into the wild west, right?

i guess she has bullets on her belt?

The funnier part is how I'm gonna reschedule the Thursday normie game I GM if I'm picked.

I'd tenderly love in the missionary position. While holding hands and kissing.

Could be silver stakes, for anti-vampire duties?

christ.

The roll20 page looks good enough that I might just submit a character for fun even if my schedule would probably never allow it

Good thing I'm not Roryanon then

Assuming the upcoming Kingmaker game is gestalt, what's got good synergy with Vigilante? I'm thinking of going Faceless Enforcer for a "faceless black knight" kind of deal.

That would probably work better, actually. Maybe acting as her spell teacher would help keep her from destabilizing the party with her naive judgement.

Best race coming through.

What game is this?

i think its funny that you'd say 'fuck my irl group' but who am i to judge i'm just a plebian on the internet.

I could swear that there was already a drake-rider in the apps, that chick from Brevoy. What would those two be like in the same party?

It's not actually an IRL group, but people I met in a Living Campaign

understandable then

So we've got
>Arrogant knight
>Busty witch
>Dragon girl
>Demon knight
>Handsome rogue
>Grumpy Erastilian
And wyrmwitch spell-senpai, assuming that's not one of the above.

It's an edited version of something from Pixiv Fantasia.
Basically, Japanese!DeviantArt has all its artists get together and make art of a fantasy world every so often, and whichever faction/kingdom in the world gets the most art "wins" the in-universe conflict.

Why are rogues such shit, /pfg?/

I swear I hate the D20 system's schizophrenic attribute and die variance system, and general lack of lateral thought options for non-caster characters at low levels without liberal magical or alchemical tools.

I mean I'm in a Rise of the Runelords campaign right now where I foolishly decided I'd play a rogue instead of a spellcaster at first level. It's been six encounters now (three where I started from stealth against an opponent who neither saw me nor expected combat at all) and I've managed to hit a flatfooted AC a grand total of once.

youtu.be/KOgJPV9BG0U

Should Kistune automatically have access to Nodachis, Katanas and Wakizashis?

That's true. Plus Black is my favorite Chromatic and I was leaning that way for her Patron anyway. Conceptual synergy.

unchained rogues are pretty good

Are you a rogue or an unchained rogue?

Also so you know flanking also lets you use sneak attacks. Coordinate with your other martials. A rogue alone is a rogue who is much weaker due to no flanking.

Also if it becomes a huge issue get a familiar and make it a mauler so you have a flanker buddy with you, two feats will net you one.

Also feinting if you invest in it will let you make people flat footed.

Wyrmwitch and Busty Witch are one and the same, Rosteranon. Unless I've developed imposters while I was away.

Here's the original.
Perhaps the armor was stolen/inherited from a Rogarvian noble, given the color scheme?

Who are you talking about?

I had a rogue in my RotRL group, the game absolutely punishes the class later on when enemies have ridiculous perception, destroys PCs with bad fort/will saves, and threaten such a large area where anyone trying to get in position to land a sneak attack shreked.

Like, our rogue literally died three times in one adventuring day come book five.

MA ARM MA ARM MA ARM MA ARM MA ARM
youtube.com/watch?v=qhTL3sOINKY

I don't think that's RoryAnon's app, user. His is the werecougar warlord with the shotgun guitar.

user please, RoryAnon has had his redemption arc

Guy has said he only even submitted Ashley for the fun of it,and can't make the game time anyways

I know, right?
>sweet swamp
>everything is pickled
>intelligent and cunning
>looks terrifying
>2nd/3rd strongest chromatic
>no weaknesses
>good luck casting spells and swinging swords underwater
>fond of snakes
>lizardfolk are bros
>knows when to pull out

Literally perfection.

>Why are rogues such shit, /pfg?/

Because if you compare them to investigators, bards, inquisitors, investigators, alchemists and like 7 other different classes they all basically do the same thing, except rogues don't get 6th level casting, which basically means they're pure shit. All more or less 3/4 bab skill monkeys with some maybe slightly situational augmented combat ability.

Especially in a system where even having 4th level casting (let alone 6th) is a massive fucking boon to a character because magic is like ridiculously fucking good to have even a little bit of.

Rogues and Ninja's should be getting 6th level spellcasting or something similar.

>Ashley
Resident grumpy c@
>Malta
LITERAL ANIMAL
>Amias
Halfling shota companion of ANIMAL
>Rich
A big bull for you
>Mary
Science meets magic, turns out it makes busty blondes.

Something with full BAB ideally, unless you go Avenger specialization.

If Avenger, take something like Magus or a Divine or Psychic caster.

If going Stalker, take a fun Fighter archetype or maybe Cavalier/Samurai.

Please no. I don't want to always be playing a caster.

Why would a fox know anything about swords?

>Magus
Don't lie to the poor bastard.

Where is Fennec user? Why didn't he ask us about our plans this weekend? Has he given up on us?

Nah. Kitsune aren't traditionally sword-slingers, they're tricksters and seducers and illusionists. Weapons and training in the mountains is more a tengu's thing.

>our party is recruited into helping lawful kingdom fighting off chaotic barbarian tribes
>our neutral good cleric decides to ask for help from heaven to solve the solution peacefully
>long quest finally comes to end, we find a way to summon heaven
>angels descend from the skies and slaughter over half of the barbarians before all of their leaders bow down to the lawful king
All of us were thinking the archons would like, force peace talks.
All of us were left gaping as we watched the angels just cutting barbarians apart.

Monday : 6pm to 11 est {Ricard, Lusicus, Gloriana}
Tuesday : Vult's IRL game
Wednesday : 6pm to 11 est {Lysander, Ricard, Lusicus, Gloriana*, Cashmere, Freydis}
Thursday : 6pm to 11 est (tentative) {Lysander, Sage, Ricard, Lusicus, Gloriana, Cashmere, Freydis, Pene}
Friday : 6pm to 11 est (tentative) {Lusicus, Maice}
Saturday : 8am to 6pm {LysanderMorning, SageEvening, Lusicus, Maice, Gloriana}
Sunday : 8am to 6pm (LysanderMorning, SageEvening, Lusicus, Maice, Gloriana, CashmereMorning, Freydis}

>All {Taris, Bon-bon}

Predictions on what day of the week it's going to be?

Welcome to fucking 3.PF edition dungeons and dragons where if you're not playing at least some level of casting ability you're probably fucking retarded.

Fennec-user is probably sleeping.

RoryAnon's app is the werecougar warlord with the shotgun guitar. A very grumpy cat whose favorite guitar pick was stolen from him... Why is this one so much better than Rory?

I like the concept of Mary and taking the bloodline quite literally.

Unfortunately you have to work with your DM to find ways for your rogue to help the party out without risking your life in combat. Usually DMs can manage it with either scouting or solo interactions if you aren't the party's face. Unfortunately it's a bit of a damper in murderhobo campaigns.

its irrelevant because he apparently can't do the date

My first instinct is Avenger, though combining Stalker with Cavalier or something is very tempting.

Would Bloodrager or Paladin be castery enough to give some decent support?

And what about Warlord? Would that have enough tricks up its sleeve to supplement Faceless Enforcer?

Hey now, if he's a full BAB vigilante then magus could do some cool stuff, especially if he takes an archetype for magus.

See If you don't want "magic", play an Investigator or Alchemist. Congratulations, you are now a Rogue +1. If you're going to whine about "muh uncanny dodge", "muh evasion", and "muh sneak attack" then beg your GM for an unfucked version of VMC so you can get it back.

Or just play a Slayer VMC Rogue.

Slayer might be a good addition if you don't want more spellcasting. Ignore people who say casters are mandatory. They have shitty GMs who can't compensate a shitty system that favors casters.

Wonder what their statline will be like...
>+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int: Vesk are strong and resilient but place a heavy emphasis on martial prowess and distinguishing one's self in battle, caring little for academia or innovation without lethal applications
>Fast healing 2
>Natural armor +1