/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Combat of the Thirty Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wz3568zydxy2p6f/Osprey - ELI 017 - Knights At Tournament.pdf
mediafire.com/download/va2inkaho0aq6xs/Osprey - MAA 337 - French Armies of the Hundred Years War.pdf
mediafire.com/download/9e7fgex9d3b5k3e/Osprey - WAR 058 - English Medieval Knight 1300-1400.pdf
ww2-weapons.com/105-mm-lefh-18/
mediafire.com/file/vdds17m7zd02zxt/Osprey - CAM 303 - Lake Trasimene 217BC.pdf
mediafire.com/file/nlyuxlql9ao5rwt/Osprey - CAM 305 - Kursk 1943 (2) Southern Front.pdf
mediafire.com/file/5tc566vrplfd9kg/Osprey - CBT 019 - Apache Warrior vs US Cavalryman.pdf
mediafire.com/file/ossk2au75evagh0/Osprey - ELI 214 - World War II Infantry Fire Support Tactics.pdf
mediafire.com/file/7hk8egi7a9moywd/Osprey - ELI 215 - British Light Infantry & Rifle Tactics of the Napoleonic Wars.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rt2g5hoUzHI&ab_channel=Piscator
pg-hq.com/library.php?type=scenario&id=RtBr068
mediafire.com/file/6685jfx67r74m62/Texas Revolution.pdf
boardgamegeek.com/image/87646/texas-revolution
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Texas_Revolution
mediafire.com/file/49b91fc9ftoabc9/Texas Glory.pdf
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11886/texas-glory-1835-36
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Texas_Glory
lloydianaspects.co.uk/models/negro.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

26th March in military history:

1169 – Saladin becomes the emir of Egypt.
1344 – The Siege of Algeciras, one of the first European military engagements where gunpowder was used, comes to an end.
1351 – Combat of the Thirty : Thirty Breton Knights call out and defeat thirty English Knights.
1885 – The Métis people of the District of Saskatchewan under Louis Riel begin the North-West Rebellion against Canada.
1913 – Balkan Wars: Bulgarian forces capture Adrianople.
1917 – World War I: First Battle of Gaza – British troops are halted after 17,000 Turks block their advance.
1939 – Spanish Civil War: Nationalists begin their final offensive of the war.
1945 – World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ends as the island is officially secured by American forces.
1971 – East Pakistan declares its independence from Pakistan to form the People's Republic of Bangladesh and the Bangladesh Liberation War begins.
1975 – The Biological Weapons Convention comes into force.
1982 – A groundbreaking ceremony for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is held in Washington, D.C.

Chivalry’s finest military expression in contemporary eyes was the famous Combat of the Thirty, which occured on 26th March 1351. An action of the perennial conflict in Brittany [part of the Hundred Years War], it began with issued by Jean de Beaumanoir, a captain of Charles of Blois supported by the King of France, to Robert Bemborough, a captain of Jean de Montfort supported by the King of England. When their partisans clamored to join, a combat of thirty on each side was agreed upon. Terms were arranged, the site was chosen, and after participants heard mass and exchanged courtesies, the fight commenced.

With swords, bear-spears, daggers, and axes, they fought savagely until four on the French side and two on the English were slain and a recess was called. Bleeding and exhausted, Beaumanoir called for a drink, eliciting the era’s most memorable reply: “Drink thy blood, Beaumanoir, and thy thirst will pass!” Resuming, the combatants fought until the French side prevailed and every one of the survivors on either side was wounded. Bramborough and eight of his party were killed, the rest taken prisoner and held for ransom. In the wide discussion the affair aroused, ‘some held it as a very poor thing and others as a very swaggering business,’ with the admirers dominating.

The motivation for the combat is unclear. The earliest written sources present it as a purely chivalric exercise, undertaken to honour the ladies for whom the knights were fighting: referring to Joan, Duchess of Brittany (House of Blois) and Joanna of Flanders (House of Montfort). These women were leading the two factions at the time, as Joan's husband was in captivity and Joanna's was dead (her son was a young child at the time). This is the account given by the contemporary chroniclers Jean le Bel and Jean Froissart, both of whom present the conflict as purely a matter of honour with no personal animosity involved.

While the combat did not have any effect on the outcome of the Breton war of succession, it was considered by contemporaries to be an example of the finest chivalry. It was sung by trouvères, retold in the chronicles of Froissart and largely admired, and honoured in verse and the visual arts. A commemorative stone was placed at the site of the combat situated between Josselin and Ploermel and king Charles V of France commissioned a tapestry depicting it. The renown attached to those who participated was such that twenty years later, Jean Froissart noticed a scarred survivor, Yves Charruel, at the table of Charles V, where he was honoured above all others due to having been one of the Thirty.

According to historian Steven Muhlberger, this chivalric version concentrates on "how the deed was done and not on who won. The willingness of all concerned to agree to rules and to actually observe them, to fight their best and not to run when injured or in danger of capture are the focus – and both sides are shown as equally worthy in that respect." Later, the combat came to be seen in very different terms, influenced by the most famous of the contemporary popular ballads on the topic. In this version the English knights are villains, and the Blois faction are loyal and worthy local warriors.

mediafire.com/download/wz3568zydxy2p6f/Osprey - ELI 017 - Knights At Tournament.pdf
mediafire.com/download/va2inkaho0aq6xs/Osprey - MAA 337 - French Armies of the Hundred Years War.pdf
mediafire.com/download/9e7fgex9d3b5k3e/Osprey - WAR 058 - English Medieval Knight 1300-1400.pdf

The community project this month is an obsolete unit or vehicle.

For those interested in Chevauchee; this is the kind of thing you can do with the campaign tolls and a bit of creativity.

I have an opportunity to demonstrate a wargame for a Uni course. I have a lot D6's. What would you all suggest for something quick and manageable? I don't have access to actual models but I'll probably end up using paper cut outs.

Any advice would be appreciate.

Something like FiveCore or Five Men in Normandy might be appropriate.

They're CinC Leopards I believe. I switched to Heroics&Ros Leopards/everything though.

D6s, no models, fast... Basic Impetus.

reposting my obsolete Panzer 4 from Syria (and its german friend)

Take a look at the Wargames from Lock'n'Load if you want to run the game with counters. Dawn's Early Light or Lock'n'Load Tactical Ruleset maybe fit for your game. They have free living Rulebooks.

This looks pretty awesome thb. Thanks for sharing.

>H&R
Ive only bought a few things from them and so far they've been breddy gud, mostly get my shit from Scotia.
Are pic related leopards from H&R? Cos they look nice as

Does anyone know where I could find SAGA's latest faqs and erratas? I've tried to look for them on GB's blog/news, on Studio Tomahawk's site (under construction) and Studio Tomahawk's blog, but I can't seem to find them.

Yep, that's all H&R. Specifically they're Leopard 1A5s.

I'd not be the first to say H&R's quality can be a bit variable but they're generally good, cheap, and where stuff is miscast it's usually not horrifically unfix-able or unable to be disguised except for their planes for some reason.

Sheeit Im gonna have to get some of those
>H&R's quality can be a bit variable but they're generally good
Same with Scotia 2bh, although everything Ive bought so far has been really nice even though their photos look absolute dogshit.

So, for the 30YW skirmish mentioned in the last thread - I was thinking of either using d10, or a variable die kinda like how FoF does it - musketeer rolls d6 while attacking a Cuirassier who rolls a d8, highest wins.

Don't just throw down a dice mechanic, lay out your goals for the system and then see what mechanics might fit that best. Compare and contrast and all that.

I had no interest in the pacific theater at all, but damn these minis look awesome

Well, both methods allow for much more fine-tuning of results than just a simple d6. Think I'll write down a system for both and see which works better. As for game size, I'm looking at something like a "platoon" (not period specific term I know, 40-50 men) with groups of soldiers moving together, gathering experience as a team while individuals like captains or sergeants leveling up on their own, getting permanent wounds, personal skills and so forth.

I'm getting more interested in the pacific but I still have all my Europe stuff to do

They look noice m8

This is why you don't paint the eyes.

ASL today!
"Road Warriors" from Schwerepunkt. German armored cars and Soviet tankets mess it up in a small village in the Crimea 1941. The number of the day was 10 as that seemed to be about every roll I made. both sides having horrid luck. My opponent couldnt hit me-missing on 9s and 10s to hit, where I was hitting him all over the place with multiple RoFs but was always rolling 1 more than I needed to Kill.

Highlights include throwing demo charges all over the place and a suicide strike with a motorcycle unit carrying a DC. Burning vehicles and man handled ATGs as well

20mms making soviet tanks BURN. Highpoint of my day......

"Let me tell you about Kokoda"

Building a small Seebee unit is on my bucket list.

i never knew you could put DCs on a motorcycle unit

Talk about Don Featherstone. One of the grandfathers of modern wargaming.

Maybe try one of his scenarios? his rules are usually simple and easy to run, and cover most periods. Look for Featherstone's Complete Wargaming in the OP folders

>i never knew you could put DCs on a motorcycle unit

honestly until today neither did I. discovered it today going over the rules. you can actually toss one from a motorcycle while its moving.

Was the lefh 18/18m used for anti tank/close range anti infantry roles? If so how was it comparable to other guns who were made FOR these roles

It could penetrate 50mm up to about 1500m

ww2-weapons.com/105-mm-lefh-18/

Getting a hit on a single armored vehicle while firing indirectly would take some precise ranging, but firing open sights might be a bit easier. Thankfully indirect means you'd likely penetrate most vehicles armor as they tend to have weaker armor on the top.

Also depends on the ammunition as you can see on that site. Looks like you could fire HEAT rounds from it, penetrating up to 100mm. As to whether most units had this kind of ammunition or used them, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't count on it.

For tabletop purposes of it was being used as an emergency at gun which German at gun would it be most comparable to in your opinion?

If using the regular ammunition, the 7.5cm KwK 37 - which is the short barreled 75mm used on the early Pz. IVs.

The 5cm PaK 38 is also pretty close if you want a specific AT gun

Helps a lot thanks, gotta star it because the rule set I'm using doesn't specifically have howitzers used as at

Which rule set? Seems like a bit of an oversight, as most howitzers could fire open sights and were sometimes used as AT in dire situations

Five members at Kursk, all guns are based on their size rather than model to just give general assumptions answers I didn't want it acting like a 105mm against tanks when it really wouldnt

I'm going to throw this out again.

hwg, I need you to pick a battle for me to play as I cant decide myself, the system's DBA and I can cover more or less any pairing you come up with, but here's what I have available;

More or less anyone from ancient to early renaissance Europe, Middle East or North Africa, also English Civil War (all factions) or Napoleonic Wars (major factions)

I'll do whatever the first response is and take a couple of pictures. Thanks.

How about this?

Lake Trasimene 217 BC (Osprey Campaign 303)

Following Hannibal's crushing victory at the battle of the Trebbia, the reeling Roman Republic sent a new army under the over-confident consul Caius Flaminius to destroy the Carthaginian invaders - unbeknownst to him they were ready and waiting. The destruction of the Roman force at Lake Trasimene firmly established Hannibal as one of the Ancient World's greatest commanders thanks to his use of innovative tactics, including the first recorded use of a turning movement. The Romans would not send another major army to confront him until the battle of Cannae in 216 BC. This new study, based on recent archaeological work on the battlefield itself, tells the full story of one of Hannibal's greatest victories with the help of maps, full-colour illustrations, and detailed sections on the make-up of the armies and their commanders.

mediafire.com/file/vdds17m7zd02zxt/Osprey - CAM 303 - Lake Trasimene 217BC.pdf

Kursk 1943: The Southern Front (Osprey Campaign 305)

Mauled at Stalingrad, the German army looked to regain the initiative on the Eastern Front with a huge offensive launched near the city of Kursk, 280 miles south-west of Moscow. Armed with the new Panther tank, Hitler and Field Marshal von Manstein were confident that they could inflict another crushing defeat on the Soviet Union. What they did not know is that the Soviets knew about the coming attack, and they were ready. This book focuses on the southern front of this campaign, which featured one of the biggest clash of armour of the warin the battle of Prokhorovka which involved over a thousand tanks. It examines in detail the tactics and mistakes of the army commanders as they orchestrated one of the bloodiest battles in World War II. Using campaign maps, stunning photographs and vivid artwork, this new study, a companion to Campaign 272 Kursk 1943: The Northern Front, examines whether that the German offensive was doomed from the start as it takes the reader through this titanic clash of armour.

mediafire.com/file/nlyuxlql9ao5rwt/Osprey - CAM 305 - Kursk 1943 (2) Southern Front.pdf

Apache Warrior vs US Cavalryman: 1846-1886 (Osprey Combat 19)

From the 1840s onward, United States military forces clashed with the Apache, a group of Native American peoples associated with the southwestern part of North America. US territorial expansion and conflict - first with Mexico and then during the Civil War - led to an escalation of hostilities that culminated in the defeat of the Apache leader Geronimo in 1886, although fighting continued into the 20th century. In this study the clashes at Cieneguilla (1854), First Adobe Walls (1864), and Cibecue Creek (1881) are assessed in detail. Fully illustrated and featuring contemporary accounts and specially commissioned artwork, this history examines exactly how the Apache were able to pose such a grave threat to US forces and how their initial advantages were gradually negated by the cavalry. Examining the tactics, equipment and training available to each side over four decades of evolving conflict, this is an eye-opening combatant's eye view of one of history's most intriguing campaigns.

mediafire.com/file/5tc566vrplfd9kg/Osprey - CBT 019 - Apache Warrior vs US Cavalryman.pdf

World War II Infantry Fire Support Tactics (Osprey Elite 214)

As infantry units advanced across Europe the only support they could rely on from day to day was that provided by the heavy weapons of their own units. While thundering tanks struck fear into the hearts of their enemies it was the machine guns, mortars and light cannon that proved to be most important, causing the majority of casualties suffered during World War II. Common principles were shared across units but the wide variety of weapons available to the different armies altered the way they were used in battle. Focusing on the US, British, German and Soviet troops, this title offers a comprehensive guide to infantry fire support tactics used through World War II. Combat reports are complemented by specially commissioned artwork to show the way in which tactics varied, and highlight how developments obliged opposing armies to review their own methods.

mediafire.com/file/ossk2au75evagh0/Osprey - ELI 214 - World War II Infantry Fire Support Tactics.pdf

British Light Infantry & Rifle Tactics of the Napoleonic Wars (Osprey Elite 215)

In an age when infantry units manoeuvred and fought in rigid blocks, the idea of encouraging initiative and allowing a unit to 'skirmish' was regarded as revolutionary and fell out of favour in the years following the French-Indian and American Revolutionary wars. It was revived by far-sighted British and foreign-mercenary officers, who observed the way in which French Revolutionary armies deployed skirmishers to prepare the way for their assault columns. Offering a detailed analysis of the tactics, this book is studded with period 'battle descriptions' quoted from eye-witness accounts, creating a comprehensive guide to the Light and Rifles units of Wellington's Light Division. As the result of the first tentative experiments in skirmishing the units achieved an unsurpassed peak of efficiency - they marched faster, were versatile in any sort of tactical situation and could shoot more accurately than either friend or foe. No other national army, either allied or enemy, achieved these standards.

mediafire.com/file/7hk8egi7a9moywd/Osprey - ELI 215 - British Light Infantry & Rifle Tactics of the Napoleonic Wars.pdf

Yeah, I think I can that that quite easily. Thanks for the Osprey, I'll have a read first so I can get it just that bit more accurate (no promises though!).

Whyd they shave off their eyebrows?

Starting positions. The Romans are going to get annihilated.

Flaminius, 12 troops
1 blade, Extraordinarii
5 blades, Legions
2 psiloi, Peltasts
2 spears, Triarii
2 cavalry,

Hannibal, 18 troops
2 light horse, Numidians
2 cavalry, Carthaginian Cavalry
3 cavalry, Gaulish Nobles
6 warband, Gaulish Warriors
2 spears, Carthaginian Infantry
2 auxiliaries, Iberian Infantry
1 psiloi, Balearic slingers

>start 3 inches apart

what shit game is this?

It's an ambush. Carthaginians have forward deployment. I've tried to base the set-up on the actual battle as displayed in the Osprey.

It's mainly a question of how many troops the Romans can get away before being overwhelmed. They have to chose between sacrificing some units so the others can retreat, but that's a balancing act because if too many flee there won't be enough to cover them.

I was going to do wholesale stand-and-fight slaughter but I'll give this a go. I don't think it's going to go great for the Romans anyway.

End of second round. Romans have lost their baggage train to Numidian horsemen.

>baggage train lost
Doesn't that devastate the army's morale?

Yes, but in the game it counts as two units lost, and the Romans can only lose four units, so they're halfway to 'defeat'. I'm more concerned about trying to get them out alive, but they keep rolling low on the command dice.

Why do paintings from the times inaccurately show fucking tournament armor being used in battle all the time? Granted there was almost certainly "that guy" bad in medieval times who insisted on wearing impractical shit, but the shit is pretty impractical.

End of the fifth round. Romans have lost and will begin to flee. The only loss for the Carthaginians are some slingers that ran off board, scared of the Extraordinarii.

The other flank.

Because it looked cool on the page. Those artists weren't remotely interested in historical accuracy anyway.

I hope the Consul intends to die gloriously

So I Have an idea for ambassador interesting campaign/game. I'm currently building up my 10mm Normandy stuff for a five men at Kursk campaign, but I also have a bunch of 3mm Normandy stuff too. If I made a few more purchases for that I could easily recreate anything I have in 20mm in 3mm too. Now I was wondering if there was a ruleset I could adapt to have a larger campaign at 3mm but resolve the close engagements in 20mm 5mak

Half way through turn 8, I've been dicing per Roman unit to see if they flee or fight, so almost all have refused to run. The Roman centre has collapsed completely, their left flank is soon to be destroyed, only Flaminius and his veteran legions on the right flank are holding their own, they've even got close to surrounding and destroying Hannibal's cohort of spears, but now the road is open and they can begin to exit the battle.

Turn 10, the Consul and his legions fled along the road to Perusia, their retreat being covered by the Extraordinarii who held of repeated attacks by Gaulish Cavalry while being flanked and outnumbered. On the other flank those who weren't drowned in Lake Trasimene by Carthaginian cavalry, managed to escape. Including a heroic band of Triarii who fought their way out of being surrounded by Gaulish war bands.

Overall losses.
Romans, 7 fled successfully including the Consul, however the army has been split, with some fleeing to Cortona instead. They lost 5 units including their baggage train.

The Carthaginians lost 3 units, 2 Gauls and 1 Iberian, so who cares? They have 15 units remaining.

Oh and I'm more than happy to do another one of these.

I think Flaminius would have been better off meeting his heroic historical end, rather than having to crawl back to Rome and explain things to the Senate.

>Wait, what's this? Flaminius is attempting to hold the road? Has he gone mad?

Flaminius continues to hold the road despite his battle line fracturing.

obligatory

>A legion has fallen, our escape has been cut off, we have been encircled!

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but GB have some archers coming to go with their dark age/saga stuff.

It took them a while.

And this paintjob is awful.

I think those are 3-ups and for whatever reason their 3-ups usually tend to be a bit unflattering.

The heroic death of Gaius Flaminius Nepos, Novus Homo, Senator and Consul of Roman.

The offer remains, I'd quite like to do another one. Any period.

What about that Danish-Swedish one from last thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=rt2g5hoUzHI&ab_channel=Piscator

Poltava

Uymayyads - Napoleonic Russians

I can do that. I just held of because I didn't want to be fighting a fantasy war, because I don't know much about the War itself.

The units were going to be:
Kalmar-Danish
2 Knights
1 Cavalry
1 Light Horse
1 Crossbow
4 Blades (Halberds)
2 Pikes
1 Psiloi
all infantry units in this army being represented by Landsknechts.

Swedish Rebels
1 Knight
5 Warband (enraged peasants)
2 Auxiliaries (more peasants)
1 Fast Blade (Axemen)
3 Blades (Swedish Halberd Infantry)

But I don't know if that's right or not.

Can't do Poltava but I'd love to one day, don't have the miniatures for it.

I can do this no problem, but should I actually? would it incur the wrath the /hwg/ for being wildly anachronistic?

Uymayyads - Napoleonic Russians should just be done as a Zulu type thing, I don't think /hwg/ cares too much as long as it's sufficiently entertaining and not passed off as serious business

Uymayyads - Napoleonic Russians It is then.

>grabs popcorn and spams F-5's.

Hold your horses, it's going to be a fairly big battle (at least by my standards) so it'll take a little bit of setting up.

>not having auto update checked
>2012 + 5
wew

Almost to much to take a picture of. The situations evolve somewhat, now it's a joint Ayyubid-Uymayyad-Sudanese invasion of 1810's Russia. I'll let you come up with why/how this is happening.

I'm concerned about the Russian right flank, it's guarded by Cossacks and militia.

Updates are going to grind down to quite a slow rate I'm afraid. Here's the end of round 2.

Other flank.

Thank you for the AAR.

>what shit game is this?

Hmmm... let's see...

The post you seemingly can't understand has two links to previous posts referring the the Battle of Lake Trasimene. The picture has a lake in it. Hannibal is mentioned by name. Falminius is mentioned by name. Romans, Carthaginians, Gauls, Iberains, Numidians, Balearics, legions, peltasts,and triarii are all listed.

Beats me. It's a good thing you asked because we never would have been able to figure it out.

Asshole.

Ran a couple of games using this setup, figured I'd post a brief AAR for you guys.

13th April in the year of our Lord 1389
Barrowburn, Northumbria

Starting Resources:
>0 Balance of Power
>1 Wealth
>0 Dissent

Mission 1:
>Objective: Pitched Battle (Held to Ransom)
>Weather: Miserable Downpour

As winter's grasp slackens, a group of Scottish reavers have crossed the border and raised merry hell amongst Godfrey's subjects. The banner of Fingal MacEalair's son flies above the rampaging warband. Capturing the laird's son and his closest retainers might yield some much needed cash to repair the defences around Barrow Hill, or hire some more soldiers to bulk out Godfrey's dwindling war party.

The Scotsmen were encamped around a burned out village, huddled amongst the ruined buildings to keep out of the driving rain. Godfrey's attack landed like a hammer blow, spearheaded by his two men-at-arms whilst the rest of his force outflanked the enemy. Scottish crossbowmen pinned Kester, Jamie and Roderick behind a dry stone wall, allowing some of the raiders to retreat in good order. Godfrey succeeded in capturing the enemy commander and one of his men-at-arms, despite suffering heavy casualties.

>Urbain: Ugly Scar
>Kester: Dead
>Roderic: Serious Wound, Maimed (Out of Action for 13 days, Lost an Arm)
>Fulk: Light Wound (Out of Action for 8 Days)

>+1 Morale for completing the mission and causing at least 2 enemies to go out of action.
>+1 Balance of Power for completing the mission

>Godfrey gains the Inspiring skill
>Baldric gains the Commanding Shout skill
>Mabon gains the Crack Shot skill

While picking over the enemy encampment, Mabon comes across a brightly painted pavise, used by one of the Scottish crossbowmen. The Welsh archer hauls the large shield onto his back to use in the next battle.

At Barrow Hill, the royal tax collectors have descended on Godfrey's household. Godfrey loses 1 wealth.

In the remains of the Scottish camp, Fulk watches with wide eyes as Baldric demonstrates the workings of an intricate Italian-made arbalest.

The party acquires a warhorse from the Scottish camp, and Roderic's recovery time is reduced by 3 days.

>Godfrey gains +1 dissent for having 0 wealth.

>Time advances by 4 days.

Moslem Cavalry collide with Russian Squares while light infantry battalions repel black skirmishes from a ploughed field.

Can anyone recommend a proxy for South and Best Korean figures in 20mm? Some Spec Ops skirmish could be fun

Panzer Grenadier has a pretty fun little scenario set in 1945 where you have to evacuate 105s off the board so you have to constantly weigh moving towards the board edge vs taking shots at the advancing T-34s and riflemen.
pg-hq.com/library.php?type=scenario&id=RtBr068

Umayyads close in for the assault and are met with volleys for Russian gunfire.

It's unlikely I'll be able to finish this tonight but I'll give it a go.

For Norks I'd recommend some soviet and middle eastern cold war dudes. Elhiem could be one good source. Unfortunately I cant help with South Koreans.

Hey all, doing a test model for a ACW skirmish game I'm getting into.

I'd like to field a unit of one of the coloured units that took part in the war, but never painted dark skin before: what do you guys think of the skintone?

Texas Revolution

mediafire.com/file/6685jfx67r74m62/Texas Revolution.pdf

boardgamegeek.com/image/87646/texas-revolution

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Texas_Revolution

Texas Glory

mediafire.com/file/49b91fc9ftoabc9/Texas Glory.pdf

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11886/texas-glory-1835-36

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Texas_Glory

BMP

Tone seems more olive than black. Add a hint of red undertone perhaps? lloydianaspects.co.uk/models/negro.html

>lloydianaspects
...The fuck you trying to pull posting his shite?