Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Armored_Suits__Where_Safe_and_Stylish_meet.sim
>Confidence.moodsft
>James_Bond_007__The_Dark_Giant_RIPPED.trid
>How_To_keep_your_SINs_In_Order.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 4823 (27% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Status report Agent'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Smooth_Moves.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Professional Edition
Is your runner a professional? Does he look sharp and act sharper? Or does he not care about The Rules?

I might play one next. I'm trying to decide between a paranoid professional that got backstabbed and so fled to where ever the next campaign is, or a chromed out, drugged up ex go-gang leader
The latter does sound more fun though

What do you think the japanese gameshows are like in shadowrun?

My most recent character
(game disbanded because a player refused to roll up a new character after his fourth one died, we were about 6 sessions in and we decided we were better off just calling it quits with only 2 players without him)
was a consummate professional. In game, he had been the face of several groups, though had ended up profiting heavily off of them before skipping town to start up a new life under a new alias.

My character is about as not professional as you can be. He's a loose canon with a heart of gold that has backstabbed clients more than once when he realized they were the baddies. hooder 4 lyfe

I think the only reason he continues to live I'd because his fixer serves as a hype man to other clients so he continues to get employed doing jobs. Thanks, Mean Gene.

I did the former and had fun playing straight man to the rest of the party's deranged behavior. The character actually had serious neuroses of her own but walked around with a 12 die composure check. She projected hyper-competence until things went tits up and her walled garden started being threatened in ways she couldn't control.

Probably lots of race based gags. I bet drone cameras really open up a lot of opportunities. Stupid situations you can throw the contestants into without risking the lives of a film crew. Constant filming, b-reel footage when people don't think they're being filmed.

If im a first-time GM with first-time players, should i let them play outside of the metatype/metavarient restriction? My players literally dont know what minmaxing is, and the ones who want to play infected are fine with the more predatory aspect of them.

There is no fucking way that LOP on that stock is adjusted for that girl. I'm 6'2 and have mine on the same length.

What are some good side skills for a Face-type character? I'm thinking of doing some infiltration type stuff like disguise/sneaking/forgery. Etc. The idea behind my character is that he was a low tier stage actor who got into the shadows because he thinks disguising himself and using his acting skills to lie to people on a run is the ultimate form of acting.

Palming

no. period.
I made the mistake of allowing one of my players to play a pixie. little bastard is practically capable of sneaking into anything and the player didn't even specc for stealth, much less infiltration. and it is absolutely impossible to catch the bastard. at the first sign of trouble they jump to the astral plane and dash halfway across the world. then hop back and blast whatever they want with massive combat spells. this is all while impersonating other mages via the flux metamagic so not even the professional investigators can figure out he's a pixie much less that he exists. and as I said earlier, he was not designed to be stealthy.

for first time playing and GMing I strongly recommend only using the core book and keeping things as simple as possible.

No. Learn to walk before you run. Learn to be comfortable with your position before you start with more difficult setups. You're players will ruin your setting, and then you need to confidence and experience to improvise. Acting within a familiar framework makes that much easier.

some hacking skills can be useful. not focused specifically but rather as a backup in case you need to build a decent fake identity.

As a first time GM for shadowrun for myself and the people I am running it for, should I follow the advice of the reddit and do food fight or make my own run?

I'm drawing a blank on a name for my PMC, I'm also an uncreative fuck and wanted something canine related. Something like 3 words, all I came up with was like Wolfdog Security Limited...

nothing wrong with that. mercenaries are hired for their competence, reliability, and reputation. doesn't mean they have to be creative.

Please rise for the national anthem of /srg/
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT

Bryan is gay

>at the first sign of trouble they jump to the astral plane and dash halfway across the world. then hop back and blast whatever they want with massive combat spells.
Do pixies have some rule that lets their body travel with them in the astral? Normally the mage's body falls limp and stays in place when they go astral...

yes. they are fully capable of stepping between planes. no body left behind. they can literally physically enter the astral plane at will.

Name them based on where they operate, what they specialize in, or their preferred methods of operation.

Here I was hating them for their busted stat distribution and ability to fly...

Yeah, they get really heavily compensated for not being able to take cyberware. At least I think they can't take cyberware.

Always wanted to play shadowrun, no one where I live knows what the fuck it is

Why would they need to be? Isn't magic way better in 5th edition?

How stupidly good can an autistic level optimized bioware and/or cyberware enhanced adept get with a sword?

limits actually balance things far more than people realize. a decent street sam should be more than capable of taking out a mage with little effort.

True, but wouldn't a physical adept be better at that job anyway?

>Isn't magic way better in 5th edition?
Didn't direct damage spells get nerfed significantly from 4e to 5e? In 4e you add force + your hits to damage whereas in 5e it's just your hits. I remember running a 4e mage with a powerfocus who could pretty much always one shot any non-mage enemy with an endless supply of force 10 stunbolts.

a lot of adepts take bioware/cyberware
adept powers are good, but 1 point of essence can do a lot, usually more than 1 point of an adepts power cap

Depends on the Metatype
Generally you want your AGI and your Blades skill to be as high as possible.
Adepts can take Muscle Toner to increase their AGI, Muscle Augmentation to increase their STR, Attribute Boost 1 (AGI) to increase their Attack DP, Improved Reflexes 3 for the initiative, Improved Ability (Blades) 3, etc.

As far as I can see you can get up to 20 dice with a normal human with just Adept as a quality. With Elves you should be able to get a higher Dice pool, while with Orks and trolls you should be able to increase the damage

Hmm. I'd prefer to try and sort out the details myself (I might come back with a few questions), but what do you think the best priority selections would be?

Don't have that much experience with this shit, but generally it depends on whether you want to be "a Blade fighter" Or "Someone really good at using blades".
First is someone that specializes in blades and can fight with them in melee, the second one is just really good at using bladed weapons, but is very bad at actually fighting

So I'm giving Hong Kong a third playthrough. Not because it's my favourite, because it isn't. Dragonfall is way better, but I want to get the ending where you can trick Quan Ya, because moments like that make my dick hard. Unfortunately the game seems hell bent on obscuring the requirements necessary to do that. Can anybody break down EXACTLY what prerequisites I need to fill to do that?

At a guess you've got the option to hide qualities prohibited by missions enabled.
Create Mode characters can't be exported.
* You need to sleep more than 5 times before you go and talk to Raymond.
* You need to complete the side story of Is0bel after talking to her 2-3 times and she will tell you the story of a kid who tricked the Yama Kings.
* Talk to Duncan after every mission until you learn the line Raymond always used to break up your fights. This will be used to turn the tables on the Queen's conversation.
* Talk to Crafty, the magic shop NPC, a few times and she will send you 2 emails. Open them on your computer how Yama King are bounded with the deals and cannot decline the Queen's request.

Are chummer chars not importable into the roll20 sheets anymore? Chummer outputs as an xml while the advanced sheets want it as json

>Is your runner a professional? Does he look sharp and act sharper? Or does he not care about The Rules?
Funny you ask, I was just drawing some design for my ork's weird navy themed fashion sense

So does he look professional to you?

My decker/back up face is as professional as Shadowrunners come, which has led to all sorts of interesting situations seeing as I'm the only black trench coat character in a team of borderline pink Mohawk runners. It usually ends up with me playing the straight man in a comedy troupe. Fun times abound.

>Is0bel
Fuck, That's what probably got me all that time ago. What a dreadful-ass character.

I benched her permanently after Rachter and Gaichu joined on.

Its a career mode character that exports into xml

So you select Tools > Export > Export JSON and it saves an XML file?

Chummer only has an option to export to character vault, I think I'm on a newer version

Nvm its an old version, I'm retarded

what's a common allergy for 2750 ucas that wouldn't be a cop-out?

meant 2075, shit

How valuable an asset would your chargen-grade Street Samurai be to the average neighborhood gang? Would they be just another ganger, or would they be considered an ace-in-the-hole?

An average chargen sammy would probably be substantially better than the average member of a local gang. So probably they'd be treated better than just another ganger, most of whom probably can't afford much, if any, chrome, etc.

A couple of threads ago I was talking about how a chargen-grade Street Samurai that's been mildly optimized can very easily take down Professional Rating 6 mooks pretty easily.

It really hasn't changed much. It depends on how min-maxed the Sammie is.

She is the most professional one on the team and she is the street samurai. Doesn't hurt things that her Code of Honor ensures she leads a strict lifestyle of order and conduct.

Soy.

Soy, pollutants, polyester, gluten, Wi-Fi (Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity)

Even an average, uncheesed chargen Sammy would be a walking demi-god to most gangers. Mostly because a majority of gangers don't have access to a majority of combat-oriented ware and are likely lower-than-average in stats and skills due to longterm squatter lifestyles and lack of any practical healthcare or education.

Most gangers are unmodded human/metahumans with light or medium pistols, maybe a shotgun. Stack that up against someone with wired reflexes, platelet factory and orthoskin/dermal plates and things will go poorly for the gangers.

>limits actually balance things far more than people realize.

Can you expand on this? Because the few times we played limits barely factor in, normally we had a limit of 5-6 successes and the only time we reached those number for it to be an issue it was when we spent edge and by doing that we ignore limits.

However we arent really minmaxer in the group i play in.

I always though the disbalancing factor in shadowrun were spirits.

Sounds like a sammy ganger would be a hell of an asset. Thanks for the responses /srg/!

So I've been preparing a campaign and setting up everything for my players and I've run into a little annoyance. I've had problems finding a good way to build a threat rating for encounters. Like I know what kind of dicepools I wanted to throw at them for what kind of situations but I wanted to put it on paper and see what people thought.

Does that table make any sense ? I'd use it as a base for NPCs and then add specifics on the fly.

Threat Rating
Average Dicepools: 3+Rating
Profession Dicepools: 3+(Rating*2)

Rating 0: Defenseless NPCs (3)
Rating 1: Weak NPCs (4-5)
Rating 2: Most citizens (5-7)
Rating 3: Street criminals (6-9)
Rating 4: Syndicate criminal/ cop (7-11)
Rating 5: HTR/ Elites (8-13)
Rating 6: Bosses, heaviest of HTR, shadowrunners (9-15)
Rating 7: Megacorp Elite (10-17)
Rating 8: Game Over (11-19)

Game Over should be 20+ dice. A well built character gets 15+ dicepool in at least one skill.

Where can I find a link to the Drama Cards that actually works, or have those been dropped?

Ah forgot to mention this was Street Level game.

ah yes. good ol crystal rainbow.

It's more that adept faces and fighters are usually much better than 'wared up ones for being autistically good at one thing.

That sounds fair then

>MIG21

The hell, Russia?

Try a new installation of chummer. I have the same problem with some qualities. It'll work for a while, then go back and go weird again.
All I can envision is AGP's Twitch being told to make something 'extra secure', followed by the Samurai being boosted out of the collapsing ruins of the building on a seat that is powered entirely by explosives, leaving him mysteriously unharmed. The seat also vomits grenades.

Why is suit and tie so much better a look than pink Mohawk and trench coat?

>Yomi Survival run! 8 humans, one week, full sensorium footage 24/7! Survivors win 80k divided amongst them!
>Domo arigato, mr deus-u: We've spoken to what our legal department assures is us close enough to count as Deus! And as such, we've given him a full house to renovate! Several! Contestants will find their homes remadew ith all manner of fascinating additions!
And, if my experience of Japanese TV is anything to go by..
>Atsui ne? We're going to ask people if it's hot today! For 17 hours straight! ON ALL MAJOR CHANNELS.

Shadowrunners are professionals. Professional is up to the party, but at the end of the day they are not only invisible assets, but valuable invisible assets. Nothing says "valuable and professional" like a good suit. A dirty trenchcoat and panty hose with holes ripped in them makes you look like a homeless fragger. Somebody you'd only throw money just to make them take their stench away from you and your pathway.

Current character literally has a radio-controlled auto injctor filled with dopadrine, red orchid and tranquilisers to stop him doing stupid shit or going berserk when the party needs him to act like a human being. He's a human racist in a group of trogs. It's, uh, interesting. Nightstalkers 4 lyfe.

I use Professionalism to mask my outrageous moralfaggotry.

"Guys, we can't have any civilian casualties! That would make us look UNPROFESSIONAL!"

Jesus, I need to get on my optimization game.

I wouldn't say that is outrageous or even unreasonable. But then again I'm a moralfag too.

>not a suit with a pink mohawk

I've played in a group on either end of the spectrum:

In the Quiet Professionals group, we dressed like John Wick, did our research before each run, used silencers on all our guns, caused little to no collateral, and never made the news. I played a rigger with an extensive drone network giving eagle-eye surveillance on the entire mission site.

In the Insane Amateurs group, we dressed like punk-rock anarchists, our pre-run research began and ended with "how many walls to we need to knock down to get to the target," and we ALWAYS made the news. I played a rigger driving a massive armored car, usually through supposedly solid objects

>one of my players wants to play a dwarf hacker
>the character is described as being "egg shaped" and in the middle of a mid life crisis, has a "Squatter" lifestyle and is addicted to pollutants
>look at character sheet
>Street Name: Danny DeHacko
Should I just role with it, suggest an alternate streetname, or just reject the character sheet?

Roulee with it.

If that's the Street Name? You let that motherfucker play that name.

It's either going to be the best thing in the world, or hideous and something you'll remember forever in your nightmares.

Do it.

Not a single critique or advice

It makes me a little sad

What do you have against Danny DeVito?

Gross, omae

Have a cry, sad little man.

No need to be so rude about it.
When was the last time you attempted to create original content for something?

I'm upset and insulted, friend. Why just now, I created two (You)s, specifically for (You)!

It's okay, though. I forgive (You).

They both look casual to me, unless you're living in a gated wageslave community or arcology.

Also;
>running with an obvious theme that you carry into your civilian life
Hmm.

Since you asked, the head on the right seems sized strangely at first glance. Upon closer inspection it doesn't look that bad, which leads me to believe it may be the hat being rather small for a tricorn.

What kind of broken human being would even think about rejecting that?

Eh, a razor doll that shows up in carbon fiber and ceramic over neon hair and too many tattoos is also giving a professional shadowrunner look. Anything is fine as long as it looks intentional, like you've given thought and care to your appearance. A troll in a 3-peice suit is fine. A troll in a faceless mask and enough weapons to level a city block? Also fine.

You are hiring a deniable black operations operator. They don't have a uniform.

>Favored Weapon:
>Toe Knife.

Is anyone aware of any progress on the cracking of the DRM on Book of the Lost?

Her side mission is pretty great, though. There's a lot of flavor , some cool interactions, and it's straight up funny.

4e FAQ everyone. Misleading BS all the way down.

Depends on the setting.

As says, the point is to be invisible. You're meeting in a slum dive? mohawk, trench coat. Meeting in a high-rise office building, or a snappy urban cafe at lunchtime for a power meeting? Anything but suit and tie is going to draw looks.

Also, this idea about people only being able to wear one set of clothes is mind-boggling. It's not the Simpsons.

My character is a face with enough points in law to speak legalese, enough in artisan to draft up a contract, enough points in in negotiation to make it look good, and enough points in Con to trick someone into signing it.

All packaged up and riding in a beautiful Westwind.

She's a devil in a little black dress.

>Also, this idea about people only being able to wear one set of clothes is mind-boggling.
>not having full wardrobe of identical t-shirts and trench coats

>>not having a full wardrobe of identical t-shirts

>mfw this is me irl

LOL! I would rather have a full wardrobe with a bunch of differant cute outfits!

>enough in artisan to draft up a contract
This is when you use forgery, unless you're whittling a contract out of a log or painting its portrait.