Eastern European Campaigns

What does Veeky Forums think of campaigns set in Eastern Europe?

Sure, I guess.

Kurwa.

All potions are replaced with vodka.

>campaigns set in Eastern Europe
They always end up in pain.

If your gothic horror campaign isn't set in Eastern Europe, you're doing it wrong.

I think they're pretty good

So do I, user.

How would you run such a setting, Veeky Forums?

Siberia is the best setting for a who dun it where the party "explorers" are the only ones in the village who can solve the mystery of baba yaga!

this is a 1 off game i have wanted to do for a long time, but never got around to.

bump

Do it my man. For quite some time now I've been thinking of running a Ungern-Sternberg inspired campaign set on the Eastern Front of a very Lovecraftian WWI.

Time period?

mid to late 2010s. Shadowrun.

You're a team of government sponsored hackers, trying to destroy an opposing nation.

SAD

Does setting my game in Kosovo, Serbia count?

Only as a mistake.

>What does Veeky Forums think of campaigns set in Eastern Europe?

Finland, Kievan Rus and ERE are wastly different culturally and geographically no m,atter the era. Eastern Europe as a term makes little sense.

A modern day-ish post-USSR campaign based in Transnistria would be pretty cool. Especially if you take it in very fantastic directions.

My most successful setting is basically Not-Russia. It's perfect for horror games.

It begs the question of what Baba Yaga is doing in Siberia, thousands of miles away from the region where her legend originates.

Perfect place for a murderhobo campaign. Everyone is a murderhobo.

Baba Yaga was sentenced to hard labor in Gulag for actions against the Communist Regime.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE HER?

>Finland, Kievan Rus and ERE are wastly different culturally and geographically
I assume ERE refers to the Eastern Roman Empire? No idea why you would group it with Eastern Europe. Anyway, Finland and the northern half of Kievan Rus were extremely similar, not least of all because of a large number of Finns in Kievan Rus.

>implying the bolsheviks didn't win against a much better organised and technologically superior army thanks to a secret deal with baba yaga

>implying the bolsheviks didn't throw Baba Yaga, Koschei and everyone else under the bus along Trotsky and the anarchists.

Hussite Wars don't get nearly enough attention. Centuries later, the Catholics are still silencing the truth.

>No idea why you would group it with Eastern Europe.
Crimea

Seriously, that's your reason? It never owned more than a part of Crimea; it had far larger holdings in Southern Europe than this piece of Crimea; but most of its territory was simply outside of Europe.

But there's not much gothic stuff in Eastern Europe.

There is in Siebenbürgen

Just read Gogol. Viy, specifically.

Are you fucking kidding me.