scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Alarielle's giant thighs

I thought the dwarves fight for themselves.

You're right but you picked the wrong one.
Fixed it for you.

Just getting into AoS - looking to play my favorite Chaos power - Nurgle. How much mixing should I be doing versus taking more 'mono' army stuff like focusing just on demons?

As much as you want, they don't have a battletome yet so you can take anything chaos and not have any problems.
Either go all mortal using Blight kings, Warriors and Marauders, or if you want a mixed army go Plague bearers for chaff and Blight kings.
The ONLY benefit to only mortal chaos is that you get blight kings as battleline, but if you get 2 units of plague bearers it doesn't matter anyway.
You can even throw in some plagueclaw catapults or skaven

You know, I'd love to make a Scourge Privateer list, but fuck if it isn't annoying that the Merwyrm is keyed to Destruction and thus an invalid addition to the army. It fits perfectly as far as fluff and crunch, but completely illegal for Matched Play.

Aelves when?

Never, they've been replaced with Shadowcast Eternals

Troggoths first bud

Dorfs

How's this for a minor conversion?

This is the sonorous tocsin Blightking with some Giant bitz left over from my first whfb army

what kit is that peasant from?

Fucking phone.

From the front.

I like it

More importantly, lava golem when?

Wait. Are these Karadron? Where did you get them?

looks like it's the one from the giant

So the grandson carries a cage, he ever has his cage. And nana's never coming back

:^)

Great concept and execution - reminds me of 'Darkest Dungeon'.
I also would like to know this.

Hey look, Sky Dorfs. Nice.

How'd you get em?

Just after you kys

Is this the painting seminar with Duncan at Adepticon? They gave you Overlords to paint? cool as fuck

People at Adepticon were able to paint some with Duncan. The Age of Sigmar facebook group posted some pictures.

Another one, so I'm not using the same Nurgle standard for the Blightkings

So I just plucked this off the sprue of my new Skink box. Am I missing bitz, or is it just malformed? There is no head, tail, or leg piece in the entire kit.

Will you flip your camera upright already?

I bought them so I could do some counts as Death stuff, Ill post those in a bit

Front again

Is this a actual messup on GW's part, or am I just stupid?

Weirdly, I took those photos the correct way around, I flipped it like a twat and it took it properly this time

what are the best skaven armys? is it pure pestilence or is a mix of all four clans?

It'll look turned the right way in your camera seeker because you've flipped that along with your camera. The image however isn't so flipped, whatever way you're pointing the top of the sensor will be what ends up on top of the image. So break out your image editor and rotate that shit until it's the right way around. Crop and resize while you're at it.

skyre

Did you get them from GW? They are supposed to look like this.

Cheers, I don't wanna spam up the thread though

Catbird is a separate army now?

How could I make plastic Skryre Acolytes cheaply and easily?

my man

Yeah, still wrapped and on the sprue and everything. So I guess I'll contact them, I asked first because I didnt want to come off as an idiot.

What do people mean when they call stuff a "deathstar" in tabletop?

big eggs in one basket unit that will wreck stuff

I got a lot of free shit from GW, they have great customer service. They will want photos and the SKU on the box, so call them or email customer support. They will send you new box for free.
I got 2 krells, 2 vlad von carstiens and a couple other things for free (failcast period)

Use the dudes from the Warp Lightning kit

So you have DoT times two and no Everchosen. Genius picture selection.

Ok so like a big unit that you design the rest of the army around to buff it

Island of blood slaves, then greenstuff balls in their hands and paint the balls glossy green.
Super cheap.
If you want it to look better sand the mouths smooth and make them look like gas masks

Why? Just a very expensive, very killy model. You may even deliberate sacrifice it and use the rest of your army otherwise.

Just got to retouch up the bone on the hand but Durthu's sword is basically done now.
First real attempt at a big flat gradient like this and I know it does look a little thick in places

Any advice on someone starting death? I was thinking going full Mr.Bones, but any other advice beyond 40 man skelly blocks?

>that blending

Nice one, user.

Get 80 man skelly blocks.

My only issue regarding the gradient is the white tip. Pure white, in general, never blends well with anything because it's too bright, not to mention its texture is fucking chalky. You should have left the tip pale yellow and then put a thin highlight of white on the edges of the tip.

Make some skullapults and convert some archers too

Thanks
Yea, you're definitely right about the white and it's a lesson learned for the next time I try this.

The Gaunt is part of the Everchosen and a hero unit that can equip chaos artifact and traits.

So I take it that there's no new news?

'Ey lads, just had my birthday so I'm minted and can finally start one of the armies I wanted to.
First idea is a bunch of trolls with some sculpting to make them more kids tales trolls with hair and tails and horns, that sort of thing.

Second is a pure soulblight force, not much to be said there honestly. Anyone know if I can get the proper old Varghulf back though? I know there was a warscroll for it's old world version, where it was a bestial vampire and not a fucking ghoul.

Third is celtic beastmen, white fur with ginger manes, throwing on some random druidist bits to make it feel right. What do you reckon?

a common workaround for easy whitre is a slightly off white, like ivory form vallejo ( idon't know the GW one), it gives the same effect as white, but is much easier to do well

So does he swing the peasant cage around as a weapon?

The new news is there is no new news at the moment.

Should I go Beastclaw raiders or Ironjawz?

Atia and Hastings trolled everyone. Lost a lot of credit. Both of them but especially disappointed by Atia. Don't tease stuff that isn't coming.

Tomorrow maybe?

It wouldn't surprise me if they're waiting until the last day, but I'm not going to hold out hope.

Depends on your personal preferences, if you like larger armies that let you play the board or if you like very small, like

I made these, money is not the issue, the availability of the bits is an issue.

> storvermin body and arms
> doomwheel head
> maxmini backpacks

If I was converting them today, i would look at the blood bowl team. Contains plenty of dynamic throwers, and since they are clanrat sized they're compatible with the WLC gasmasks

Repostan from last thread.

>dat blanche concept art
>those guns
>that magitech
I am so excited about this range I can barely wait for the WD. The battletome will be the first purchase, followed by one of the ships. I have an idea that I want to see happen.

cont.

Im interested in how they decide to balance a ranged-centered army

inb4 not at all

I feel the same way. I think I will buy them and start playing AoS. Seems like a fun game and it will trigger all the T9A grognards

About the only thing with this range that I am disappointed with is its lack of a giant steampunk mech. So I wish to create that, using one of the ship kits.

Similar to what I did here with the gyrocopter kit, I will be using an imperial knight for the skeleton, and dwarfify it as much as I can. Not sure what I will be using it for in AoS, but that is sort of secondary to the goal.

I will be making it intended for my current dispossessed range, so it will fit the colors and stuff. I will ultimately decide which ship kit I will need depending on the pictures of the sprues.

So far I'm thinking of using the big balls for the shoulders of the knight kit, and feet. And other bits to armor. The figurehead on the front of the ship can be cut off to make the head of the mech. Then do stuff like using the knight warden fist in the left hand, and one of the cannon bits in the right. I am pretty enthusiastic about this project, and I will let you guys know as things progress.

kys

See above

It's already working

Has anyone tried making fan-battletomes? I was thinking of trying to make a Nighthaunt to tide me over until Death gets a good battletome...

We'll probably have five Stormcast tomes by then, desu

The tomb kings battletome is pretty damn good. I don't have it with me though

>not building a walking boat knight.
Opportunity wasted.

Shits about to get real Final Fantasy.

It will have less of a boat shape, and I'm going to try changing the pose of the Knight kit so it's not too obvious.

For what purpose

That's one of the impressions I get from them and I'm totally cool with that. I love the magitech of ff6 (it was 6 right with the magitech empire and psychics in mecha?)

Yeah, a lot of them have airships and magic guns. I like FF9 fits the blanche style.

Walking boat, you know you want it.

EVERY PORPOISE.

Death conversion idea. Overlord ships with skeleton crews.

And pirate hats on the Skeletons

This made me think what if the next Death army is pirates with ghost ships.

make it happen

I think I may have to make a Generic Death army that's pirate skelemanks

Soulblight.

>Death Ghost Ships
>Cog Fop Draven Navy
>Goblin Sky Pirates
>Chaos Deep Aelves

youtube.com/watch?v=b_7496AVNaE
Actual footage of Tzeentch daemon attacking Airship.

Games Workshop General Discord, a place for when the thread is dead or you want slightly faster paced chat!

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Death's player base gets what it deserves it seems

>mfw even Slaaneshi are more relevant than death

>Want to play a death army

This thread makes me sad.

Playing Death is suffering

Can any drawfags do an edit of this face with an empire soldier with a helblaster killing stormcast prosecutors in the background

>Games Workshop General Discord
We really need this?

Loving that beastmen idea! Might steal it for myself

Can we get a new one with the Title of Sigmar General in it?