Khopeshfag beats backroom blades!
Mekanni BTFO!
Paladins raid Necropolis!
More Shitposting!
Ballad Fechtan'!

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend Lives On!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_4cnUhQ6rs
reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/ddxi95g/
reddit.com/r/armoredwomen/comments/537cia/sarah_gizka_great_captain_of_dace_song_of_swords/
opaquegames.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rolled 9, 10, 1, 2, 1, 1, 9, 2, 6, 1, 4 = 46 (11d10)

Trying to roll again.

Ura!

Someone give me 11 dice for sneaking up to the house.

Rolled 3, 9, 2, 5, 1, 10, 7, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 48 (11d10)

Stealth!

Rolled 10, 5, 8, 8, 5, 6, 6, 8, 6, 9, 8, 9 = 88 (12d10)

Da, very good. That, combined with the wheat and being prone, will make this an RS 5 to be seen.

Time to retreat like heroes

Rolled 3, 1, 1, 10, 2, 8, 6, 4, 2, 10 = 47 (10d10)

Bylat!

You crawl through the wheat, slowly, slowly, Lyosha and Dmitri following in your wake. It seems to take an eternity, but soon you're close to the house. You're rising to a crouch, bringing your rifle up, when a shot rings out from one of the windows!

The shot cracks past, barely missing you, as shouts come from inside the house! The man you left in the ditch behind you yells, firing back at the window, hoping to pin down the shooter.

You have two options here, turn tail and hopefully don't get shot in the back, or sprint to the door and hopefully don't get shot on the way into the house.

Rush the door.

Seconding. Do we have grenades?

That's Dusan Novakovic, whoever the fuck that is, not our man Galt.

Thirding.

No guts, no glory. Rush them.

Rolled 3, 2, 1, 2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 10, 9 = 42 (10d10)

With a mighty URAAAAAA, you rush for the door. More shots ring out as you beat wheat under feet.

Also, better repost the sheet, new thread and all (and I forgot shit last time).

Aleksey Mikhailov, Royalist Partisan
Luck: 3

STR 5 AGI 5 HT 4 END 5
WIL 6 WIT 6 INT 4 PER 6
ADR 5 TOU 4 CHA 9 MOB 9 GRIT 6 CAR 10

Profs:
Rifle 8
Pistol 6
Dagger 4

Talents:
Ranch Hand
Rebel Yell
That Was Left-Handed!
I See You

Skills:
Athletics 3
Awareness 4
Stealth 6
Ride/Drive 3
Tactics (Foot) 3

Weapons:
Republican Arms “Volgin Contract” Lever Action Model 95 w/ Bayonet 150m|7MTN|7.62x54mm|5(Int)|1RoF|Single-Action|4WT
C19 Ritterschwert 10m|6MTN|9x19mm|8(Box)|1RoF|Conceal [2]

Ammo:
3 Stripper Clips of 7.62x54R, 10 Loose
2 Magazines of 9x19

Armor:
Snapcoat Trenchcoat 4AV|1WT Chest, Abdomen Arms, Legs
Snapcoat Hat 4AV|0WT Head

Misc Items:
Prosthetic Combat Jaw

Boons & Banes:
Facial Deformity, Metal Jaw (-2)
True Grit (6)
Brave (3)
Literate, Volgin (Native), Ximbri (1)
Langauges, Volgin (Native), Ximbri, Hive, Albish (3)

Unbloodied, you crash through the door into the foyer of the house, finding yourself face to face with an SMG armed man. Do you keep the momentum going and bayonet charge him?

Lower the bayonet to about groin level and continue the charge.

If we're already so close, that seems like the best bet.

We've Rebel yelled, might as well bayonet charge.

No respite for commies, yell something about the Tsar and gut him like fish.

Rolled 10, 8, 9, 9, 7 = 43 (5d10)

(motherfuck I forget to add Spear 4 kill me)

It's safe to assume you're both going Red.

Aleksy will be declaring a 10d Thrust to the Groin at L, paying 3 to close reach, whereas the gunman will be performing a Melee-Shoot: Full Auto at LL with 12 Dice. Aleksy will roll 7 dice for Initiative, and his opponent will roll 5.

So! Someone give me 7 dice. This is the gunman's init.

Rolled 2, 1, 7, 3, 4, 5, 5 = 27 (7d10)

>5 dice
>5 successes
Well, gg people.

Rolled 9, 10, 8, 2, 2, 3, 6 = 40 (7d10)

Rolled 9, 9, 9, 6, 4, 10, 9, 1, 8, 10, 10, 2 = 87 (12d10)

You're wearing Snapcoat, so it might not kill you! Might!

Rolled 5, 5, 10, 3, 1, 7, 10, 5, 4 = 50 (9d10)

Jesus christ alive. Rolling hit locations!

That's, what, three wildly improbably and utterly overwhelming successful rolls in a row?

So that's a Level 4 wound to the Chest (Non-Vitals), and Level 4 to the Abdomen. Painful.

Your deep, throaty, URAAAAA is cut short by the chatter of the tiny machine pistol, and by the bullets passing through your chest. Your battle cry turns to a croak, and you lose your footing, your momentum carrying you to the feet of the gunman. You're bleeding out, fading fast, staying conscious only long enough to hear the man reload his weapon, the empty magazine falling into your rapidly darkening field of vision.

You don't hear the last gun shot.

Rolled 3, 2, 7, 8, 1, 4, 5 = 30 (7d10)

O-Oh dear.

Is this the first time we've killed our character?

we awakened fem-Nurgleodin and she made us into a living host of maggots once

and that was also canon

There wasn't anything we could do about that, though.

>having a gun loaded and ready
>ever NOT doing a melee shoot

I mean, you guys did kill Viko as well, but he got his mission accomplished, and even gave someone the Mizzick backscratch.

Also, we'll probably do Lagoria Bisclavret Fecht: Part 2, next weekend. This one was a spur of the moment thing.

neither can we do anything about what the dice rolls bae

We would've had -6 init dice with the rifle though.

That anime poster motherfucker from last thread better run his fecht tomorrow, this one was shit.

But user
you just witnessed his fecht

Ouch.

I resent the association with anime posting. Anime poster will have to run his own fecht.

What the fuck is Bork? Jimmy please.

Long Pork.

Walrus.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Bork or Berk?

Bork. It's the weird meat the Zells feed people, it's heavily implied to be Swede.

>Swedes
So it's dark meat?

But is it kosher? Let me call my friends in the New World Order, see if we can get a Rabbi Ruling.

It's halal meat, yes

If Khop didn't have some sort of secret deal brokered I would say jimmy should make a magical bronze khopesh. It gives dumbass bonuses to beating,hooking,and willpower(Khop is hope). But it constantly chants "Beat the Blade, Hook the Leg, Beat the Blade, Hook the leg" 24/7 365 to whomever is it's owner causing them to suffer terrible perception penalties as they are distracted and maybe willpower tests to not go insane.

Swedes have cloven hooves, they're forbidden.
t. Polish Jew

I could list a few ideas but I think if you asked Khopeshfag if he wanted a magic Khopesh he would just roll his eyes and have your family enslaved and you executed tell you that all Khopesh are magic.

All that talk of halal/kosher and now the khopeshes, makes me want to see some bronze age chariot fecht.
Did we ever have something like it?

We have not.

I'd be down for some Charioteering

Especially if I can murder some Jimmy Rome person

Why is /sos/ the only thread on Veeky Forums where the /pol/acks are chill instead of huge faggots? It's like we've somehow attracted this perfect storm of communists, nazis and lolbertarians who just don't care about ideology as long as they can stab people in the dick.

If America were /sos/ we'd have a base on the moon already.

I think it's because nobody feels disenfranchised. Opaque is actually diverse, Jimmy is this borderline fascist right-winger, Bones is black, Claymore is almost an SJW, but you see them talking in the interviews and they're almost joking about it. It's like a game for them. If the guys upstairs don't hate each other, why should we? We butt heads sometimes but this is literally a thread full of historians. We're all here to have fun. Other threads have problems because people come there looking for fights. We don't have that problem because we've got the most extreme people in every group watching each others' backs.

We're like a Hydra, with each head being a political ideology. We can't get rid of each other so we've learned to coexist, and if some niggerfaggots like MYFAROG or vanilla SJW-ism want to start shit, they're going to fight the entire beast every time. Communists and Fascists and Democrats fighting side by side in defense of dickstabs.

/sos/ is Third Position. Let the commies heft their cudgels. Let the fascists sharpen their knives. We're fucking historians. We'll fight you all at once and we'll win.

We will fight side by side in Valhalla, brothers. A phalanx of SOS lads, shields locked, will face down all evil. It won't be a fair fight unless a few of us a drunk.

This pic perfectly charts my evolution thanks to the SoS threads.

>Far Left: Me in 2013
>Middle: Me in 2015
>Right: Me in 2017

Jimmy is a bad influence.

Mad Max Fury Road but with scythed chariots, archers and bronze armor? Sounds like fun.

I don't feel like I've really shifted politically.
I think the mainstream just went super Far Left

and that Demo/Repubs are all on the same corporate side pushing and pulling for benefits, ruling over us with retarded emotionally charged wedge issues

I feel I've come to terms with the fact that in my heart of hearts I will always be a a bit of a fascist and a totalitarian but I'm also trying to reconcile that with the fact I'll never be supportive of violent revolution and all the terrible baggage and risk it brings. My reaction has oddly enough to become incredibly enthusiastic about the mechanisms of democracy, far more so than most of my much more liberal friends who lose their collective shit when a vote doesn't go their way.

I agree. The whole system is corrupted by an international clique of bankers and capitalists. I don't think anyone on the Right or Left seriously disagrees with this point.

The question is how you interpret this truth. That's really the question facing our generation. We know the situation, now how do we deal with it?

I'm honestly glad that people are being so rational about this. This could've gotten ugly fast, instead its going at a reasonable pace. You look at how Jimmy gets sometimes when he talks politics, it's fucking scary. From live and let live to KILL EVERYONE, SMASH THEIR TEETH OUT in one sentence.

Cooler heads seem to be prevailing.

>I think the mainstream just went super Far Left

It might be hard to put a traditional political direction to full retard, but even so, you think Szydło, Brexit and Trump are all on the left hand side of things?

Time for a bit more antabus in your diet.

If you view those things as reactionary movements, then it makes sense. I think that's a fair assessment. The "Left" completely lost touch with what people actually want, and we're now seeing the backlash.

The exact same thing happened to the Right a few years ago. Even more embarrassing desu since they normally think of themselves as the "down to earth" groups. Remember how cringeworthy Romney was? Oh fuck it hurts just remembering it.

Sorry, I meant Public Perception & Mainstream Media went far left

Posting pics I suspect were Jimmy.

youtube.com/watch?v=N_4cnUhQ6rs

The leadership of all but the most populist groups have lost touch with their voter base. And the populist groups are only populist because they want power, not because they care about the people they preach to. Our lifespans have become too long, and the only people in a position to take power are 70+ while the most numerous voter groups are under 40. Sanders at least seems to be honest, as honest as a politician can get. He's still a dirty motherfucker, but one that I can at least respect. We need more people to die, and that is why I am pro choice, anti vax, pro war and also gas the non-whites race war now

Imagine how fucked our situation has to be where this is a perfectly normal political opinion.

This one is literally Jimmy posting on /tv/. He deleted it but I caught him.

are the yactual fascists and sjws or like...the /SoS/ version?
IE: dont like commies and wont use the word 'nigger'. Mild things by normal standards, absolutely ideological hegemony on Veeky Forums

It's an analysis of what some islamic extremists are going through. That person thinks that it is somehow good which is dumb, but he's not wrong in his analysis

I don't think it's about good or bad, it's just how people perceive reality. As they say, it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it as truth.

>That person thinks that it is somehow good
Ehh... I'm not sure I think they might just be framing it from a perspective, it reads a lot like Jimmy's "Becoming a Marju raider" section from the subreddit.

Link to the redd quote?

Well it is true that if you're looking for an "enemy" of course you can find one. A Dacian trying to carve out a homestead on the steppe is going to see the Marju as a threat to his family, his livelihood, his way of life. But the Marju see the Dacians the same way.
Imagine if you will that you are a pastoral tribesman of the Wolf's Head clan. Your people, since before the distant sunrise of the dawn of history, have lived in this land. These grassy fields, these endless hills, the roving cattle, the wild horses, it's your land. Your peoples' land.
Now from the South come the Dacians. These people with their bright green eyes and false smiles, they come with guns and wagons and they say "we live here now," and they start building walls.
Walls! In your land! You have never had walls before. Their towns suddenly spring up across the land. They tell you that you--YOU--are no longer welcome here. This is their land now. They start tearing up the dirt and planting crops there. They start growing corn on your pastures. They start shooting people for trespassing and demand that you show them your "papers." What the hell is a paper? Why should you have them? Who are these people!?
Congratulations, you're now a Marju Raider, a villain, a bandit. The Dacians organize armies of thugs, their "Fighting Volkodavs" in their soulless dog-faced helmets with their guns and sabers, and they come to kill you. For what? For defending what is yours? For defending the birthright of your people from these pillaging weasels who come to ruin the virgin land that your kind has dwelt on since the world began?
There are two sides to every story, but the PCs in your campaign will only get to see one side. That doesn't mean the other side doesn't exist. That's what SoS is all about. If you played a campaign from the other side, your cause would feel just as righteous. The interests of nations collide, and most of the people caught in the middle are innocent.

This completely BTFOs my understanding of Jimmy's worldview if this is actually him. How does a person like this function, being simultaneously aware of totally contradictory worldviews?

This is the full original post.
reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/ddxi95g/

reddit.com/r/armoredwomen/comments/537cia/sarah_gizka_great_captain_of_dace_song_of_swords/
Also while archive diving I found out /r/armoredwomen apparently quite liked us.

The new owners of opaquegames.com must be in on some sort of joke.

How are those contradictory?
Seems like the same opinion to me

They are correct.
This is also correct, but fails to understand that jealousy is virtuous.

Well, they have hookah, I'm sold.

>Also while archive diving I found out /r/armoredwomen apparently quite liked us.
Universal truths are universal for a reason.

That's one of the interpretations of what Izagone is.

You're supposed to enjoy the fuckery, not drink the koolaid like Jimmy did.

Wow that's pretty sad user. Plate armour isn't something to discard so easily.
I'm just disappointed at the lack of variously-armoured Stirner memes. They get forced into everything else.
Third position is Fascist you dongle

Maybe the kool-aid shouldn't be so delicious if it doesn't want to be drunk.

Maybe it does want to be drunk.

I lik that his horse is also angry. And handsome.

You got me there, honestly

At the rallies yesterday, there were people chanting "You can't run, you can't hide, You get a helicopter ride" at the antifa protestors.

I'm starting to get scared that Laser Whales is increasingly looking like a prophetic vision of the future.

and has a heroic scar

Look at how angry that fucking dog is.
>RAH! KILL! MAIM! BLOOD! DEATH!
>doggo calm down
>MURDER! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE!
>ffs pupper chill
>KILL! DEATH! DEATH! DEEAAAAATH!

America needs someone to stab in the dick again.
Who was that soviet guy that said something like "we have done the most cruel thing to USA, we have deprieved them of an enemy" when soviet crumbled?

Scream and beg you pig fucks. Gnaw at the dirt.

Calm down there friendo. There's no need to get upset.

I'm not American, can a Yankee help me out here, do police men let people snuggle their doggos? If I asked permission to hug the doge, would I be allowed to?

Doggo will snuggle your neck with his teeth, dawg