Modern General

Best shard edition

Playing?

Hating?

Opinion on the current meta? Do you expect any meta shifts?

How do you feel about Modern right now?

What's the spiciest tech you've seen?

Any pet cards?

Favorite Archetype/Deck?
>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

8 rack or ponza for maximum salt?

>Playan
Unironically Skred
>Hating
Any combo is just fuck my shit up senpai
>Opinion/meta
DSJ is new hotness and will probably tone itself down a bit soon as people tune their decks around it's existence
>How do you feel about modern right now
Honestly modern always surprises me with how fun it is, even in the height of Eldrazi winter the format was super fun
>spiciest tech
been playing trinisphere in sb of skred which is kind of spicy
>Pet cards
sudden shock has always been a favorite of mine
Favorite Archetype
Any bloodmoon deck i'll try at least once, been a lost soul since twin died

They'll ban Thoughtseize.

Who smug caster here?

>tune decks around DSJ
Please tell me how to do this

>they'll ban a completely fair card that hurts just about every deck that runs black
>just to hurt dsj which isn't even 10% of the emta and had 1 dominant tournament
wew fucking lad enjoy the (you)

>unironically playing expeditions over foil ravnica shocks
These people........

DSJ is pretty weak to cards like RIP and obstinate baloth

>obstinate baloth
Nigga what
Yeah rip is okay until they discard it and then okay what now, alsothats sideboard shit

How does Little kid junk line up against DSJ?

Lingering souls is good, but it still gets outpaced

Can you believe people fucking waifu these cards?

I'm looking at you, MTGLion.

DSJ is still jund, and baloth dodges abrupt decay, bolt, and thoughtsieze, laughs at LotV, is a massive threat, and gets you back some life in the process.

>Playing Foils
>Ever
LMAO not only are you falling prey to the markup jew but you are getting an inferior product as well.

Attacking their mana works pretty well against DSJ, as does attacking their graveyard. Playing bigger threats than them also works pretty well, as they are pretty much a lower to the ground jund.

I'm actually surprised how good a regular Death and Taxes does against DSJ. The Eldrazi Displacer version seems to just streamline things against them really well with flicking them around.

Depends. Do you enjoy when you cast spells, or salt when you don't cast spells? Ponza for the former, 8 Rack for the latter.

>Not Tripple sleeving
Why you blame the game when you don't even know how to play it?
>Foil is Life
>Foil is Love

Is he black or asian?

Eh, you're entitled to your opinion but foils just aren't my cup of tea, which kind of pisses me off when there are sweet alternate art promo cards that only come in foil without non-foil editions.

>playing ovary opals over volkan baga opals
baka

I want my opponents to feel like shit for spending over 1k on cardboard.

Reasonably okay for the most part, slight advantage in it favour but you will need to retweak from a stock list.

Spellweaver Helix will only grow stronger as more things get banned.

Triple sleeving offers no added protection from double sleeving and increases the bulk, literally why?

>implying theyre not gonna ban Ancient Stirrings

sorry user, it's gonna suck

Green superponder is long overdue for a banning.

Ancient stirrings won't be banned until 2019, a year after they ban mox opal and ssg. It'll take wizards some time to fix this format but I believe in them.

Boo Hoogland pls go

Not until they ban a STRICTLY better ponder that is dominating the format and keeping degenerate decks afloat.

The more I think about it the more I realize how busted ancient stirrings.

PLEAPSE PUHEPALSE PALEPSLASELPSALPEALPLSPLEPSLEPLESPL NO WIZARDS

Sorry user we can't have vintage level cards like ancient stirrings in the format giving green decks an unfair advantage.

You can always play blue for good card selection :^)

It was fine until they made newdrazi, same with eye and temple. I really just cannot fucking fathom how no one in all of fucking wizards design team said "Now hol up, maybe thought knot is a little powerful to be cast consistently on turn 2.

>Ancient stirrings
>Green decks
I already don't like this mene

Opponents can't riffle-shuffle and I enjoy the extra "hardness" my cards get, specially since I have large hands.
Also it allows me to clean the sleeves more easily and allows me to use sleeves with pretty images without caring about the shuffle feel or possible damages.
>In case someone asks for opinions:
I found the Ultra-Pro Sleeve Covers to be much better than the KMC outer sleeves (CSG Mat&Clear). They are smaller, don't break as easily and, unlike the KMC one, they don't leave cuts in my hands after just shuffling a couple of times, with the only con of not having that Matte-back.

I got sick of Volkan's Opals (didn't like the "shell" at the background), and I have a boner for golden frames.

Historically speaking, both.

>not having foil finks

smhtbqh famalam.

>modern masters finks
>foil modern masters at all

I can't account for your shit taste, user.

If I recall, only Modern Masters 2015's Foils suck.

Is MM17 snapcaster a fusion of the previous two!?

I mean if they're capable of missing the copycat combo then they probably didn't even think about a turn 2 thought-knot.

Nah, it's just a younger and whiter version of Travis Woo.

its this guy

Yes

You can just use the over-covers on your character sleeves without needing the perfect fits then.

Tried it, but still prefer tripped, deck boxes aren't a problem. Since I enjoy trading and selling, having the cards with perfect fit is always a must.

>trade for a foil Voice for $35
>already lost $15 of value on it

Fuck this, man. I thought that was a steal.

>Playing
Jeskai Saheeli, Grixis Delver and Junk Gifts

>Hating?
Bant Eldrazi and it's retarded super Ponder

>Opinion on meta/shifts?
RW Prison might get more popular moving forward, Chalice on 1 + Blood Moon is really good in the format right now

>Spiciest shit you've seen?
Tom Ross' Kavu Predator Jund with a full set of Kavu Predator, Grove of the Burnwillows and Devour Flesh

How you get picture without all the glare?

it kind of irritates me to see people comparing stirrings to ponder when they're really not similar at all. digging 5 cards to 3, reorder/shuffle then draw vs. pick one and rest to bottom. it's more like a 5 card sleight of hand

Who else am I supposed to waifu in Bant Eldrazi, Thought-Knot Seer?

Green doesn't get banned.

It is inherently a fair color.

>he doesn't want to cuddle with eldrazi skyspawner

Anyone else try out this shitpile?

May trim back on the jank, but so far it's been working pretty swell.
You make infinite mana, draw the deck, just typical degeneracy that vintage-level cards like Opal enable.
Dare I say it, Trawler is almost as powerful as Isocron Scepter; it's probably gonna be on the banlist pretty soon.

>he doesn't want to crawl inside its warm and fleshy scion-sack

But user, Ancient stirrings slots into almost every green deck just like ponder in every blue deck and has no restrictions just like ponder. It even sees more cards! It's a busted card that should have been banned a long time ago for enabling the same sort of degeneracy like ponder.

Yeah, Ancient Stirrings is vintage-level broken, just like Mox Opal.

what is "DSJ"

Damage Synergy Jeskai. It's just a stupid acronym for the fancy new URW Burn deck that's been putting up results.

Don't listen to he's memeing you.

It stands for Doomsday Sultai Jace. It's an acronym for the doomsday deck that uses jace to find the wincon along with doomsday.

I think it means "Death's Shadow Jund". I know Death's Shadow is gaining popularity, and Death's Shadow is considered favorable in a Jund-type Deck.

Search it up.

Lol death's shadow in a Jund deck, like he's gonna believe that.

It stands for Dredge Storm Jokulhaups. New deck running around that wins with a bitter ordeal/land destruction lock.

These buffoons are all trolling you pay them no heed. DSJ stands for Deadly Spider Jund, a synergistic tribal deck that looks to slog down the game with efficient spiders and eventually win with Ishkanah.

Like I said, verify with a search engine.

how is the deck even good it looks garbage

Can you fucking memelords stop for one second and actually help someone instead of posting gay meme replies?

DSJ stands for Dark Selesnya Jitte a GW deck that splashes black and wins with Jitte.

>seige rhino into ishkanah
why hasn't anyone ever done this ever

Deadly Spiders Abzan could be the next big thing. Better get brewing, user!

Don't tempt me WotC

I'd rather just slip a 1of into a grim flayer abzan netdeck tbqh

Fuck off with this meme shit, everyone knows DSJ stands for Dimir Sword Jugglers, a U/B deck based around throwing a bunch of the swords onto a Dimir Infiltrator.

GSZ
Hypergenesis
Birthing Pod
Bloodbraid Elf
Deathrite Shaman
Summer Bloom

How bad would it be to go to locals for the first time with a mono red burn deck.

Mono red burn isn't even that bad desu, you'll be fine.

So, how do I trade this shit for a Liliana of the Veil? No one I know has one. This thing seems to be most expensive online (for modern masters), so cant I trade it for her?

Also, why is this the most expensive card in the whole set?

Because it goes in a lot decks. It grows easily for free for just trading creatures or popping lands. Can grow crazy big.

>So, how do I trade this shit for a Liliana of the Veil?
Ask them to pay the difference?

I dont think you understand the words I wrote.
"No one I know has one." translates to no one has a Liliana of the Veil. That means that no one I know has one. So I cant make them do anything if they dont have the card. Not sure what you meant there....

Use the internet, grandpa

Well i pulled a liliana and i'd trade you but i live in a different country.

Strange, its almost as if thats exaxtly what Im doing.... here. Asking what website might be best for such things.

But no, no... act cool. You're cool! How could you not? You called someone "grandpa".

Kys retard. You can't do something simple like figure out how to trade a card for another with the entire internet at your disposal.

You're annoying.

Okay guys, I'm playing G/W hatebears. I'm thinking of adding two removal cards to my build. Either two declaration in stone or two dismember. Dismember hurts a lot and declaration in stone is sorcery speed. Or maybe I should just stick with 4 path and leave it at that?

Consider pic related.

Coco into mangara.

Once it hits your turn you can exile anything. 2 of in a coco list should work

Im simply asking, its not that I cant. This is my first stop. Apparently shitposting is better than just answering my question... I guess.

I love u too

Completely forgot about this card. It helps with burn abit too.

I'm afraid mangara is a bit too slow for modern. If we had karakas then I'd most definitely run him.

This and Dromokas are sweet

>those curls on the foils
gross.

Why does playing abzan feel so bad now?

idk, because midrange is an unfun archetype that gets repetitive after awhile?

what archetypes do you consider fun

Is there anything danker than vines of the vastwooding a path of exile or other such removal tripe?

idk, I suppose they all get stale after you've played them enough. I'm on tron right now after playing nothing but midrange for the past year or so but after the novelty wears off I'm sure I'll shelf it for something different.

Maybe something tempo-y like Bant Spirits? It looks like a fun valuetown deck with lots of cute interactions and synergies.