The Horus Heresy General /HHG/

Breadanon is gone, bread remains stale edition.

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discord.gg/HuC8CGT

GW had two presentations today at Adepticon, I take it literally nothing of value happened?

FIRST FOR THE XVIIth AND BEST LEGION

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Did I do you proud /hhg/?

What is the most effective way of combating an SJW infestation of your local store or gaming club?

Tell us user what it's like. Are there Female Space Marines? Talk about how sexist the Imperium of Man is?

How bad are they? We need stories.

Same way rats keep a sinking ship afloat.

suicide

Sadness and decay
:,(

ADB's Chaos Wank rears its head once again.

What's wrong with ADB?

/pol pls go

>mfw no news about Titanicus

Im worried.

I'm building a plastic land rsider phobos from 40k to use with my thousand sons. I've already trimmed off the aquillas and stuff, but whats the standard loadout for this thing? 2 TL lascannons and thats it? Does the tank come with the TL Heavy bolter in the front? Or is it one of the upgrades for a pintle mounted weapon?

Heavily biased toward Chaos and hates the Emperor. Many suspect that he was abused as a child by his dad or stepdad.

The Phobos is armed just like the plastic kit. The Proteus ditches the heavy bolters and assault ramp but you can pay points to put a turret back on to it.

Some user posted an article from ADB himself saying that he was beaten by his father as a child.

What's a good base mini to make a character out of?

I've already used the BaC chaplain dude 3 times already, so I think I need to lay off using that model

Anyone tried converting Mechanicus automatas from another kits? Any positive results?

Daily what are you painting user? These Legionnaires of the XVIII are almost ready for final assembly and transfers

Ass and titties Frendon, the Salamders take wives and so too shall your army.

You should ally a force of the silent sisters if you catch my drift.

"The galaxy will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-Emperor can bleed."

>few stood against many
I know you're just trying to force a quote, but the traitors had the numbers advantage in pretty much every case because horus spent a lot of time and effort carefully backstabbing and wrongfooting his enemies

Did they? I figured that traitors had less numbers, but were more concentrated in offense because Horus actually planned it out

Is "Hetaeron" Guard actually named after Macedonian Hetairoi = the Companions?

Gotta remember a whole lot of planets went with him, and the traitors were also significantly bumping their recruitment and indoctrination up in the years leading up to it. And then right before the war broke out, horus played his cards to do the most damage he possibly could to the legions that weren't swayed to his side.

So you've got the loyalists outnumbered at istvaan III, the loyalists outnumbered at istvaan V, the loyalists outnumbered in ultramar, the loyalists outnumbered at earth... pretty much every major battle in 30k plays out in a similar fashion. When the sides were just about to even out, Horus did his gambit to try and kill the Emperor and consolidate his forces in the palace before reinforcements could arrive.

My Custodes Contemptor conversion. It's probably 2/3rds done. Just needs highlighting and lots of cleaning up, especially glossy patches of wash.

This. What would it have mattered if the DA, SW and UM fleets have arrived, if the Emperor was slain. Gods dammit Horus, you had one job to do.

Abbadoodoo fleeing was a joke: They could have turned Terra into a charnel house, built thrusters and sent it straight into the sun.

space wolves don't have a fleet left after 'the wolf cull', just wait and see, they will get fucked as they leave Terra and go out to meet the traitor forces.
Equally, DA get fukt when they go back to Caliban.
UM never would've arrived, they're fucking cowering in their shitty second empire.
Scars, BA and Fists got this covered.

>mfw the painter made it cry tears of blood because subconsciously he knows how terrible this conversion is

>They could have turned Terra into a charnel house
Well, the thing is they couldn't. Not beyond what they'd already done. The siege itself was stalling just enough to need a whole "hey here's your emperor's head on a pike" dealie to break it.

That's why all the remaining traitor primarchs up and left when Horus died and they found out more loyalists were on their way to skullfuck them.

>abbadabbadoo
>relevant in 30k

They are literally called "the Companions", so you tell me.

>taking the dareduo
>taking perty with a mere two termie squads
>taking bare minimum troops like this is 40k
No.

>DA get fukt when they go back to Caliban.
Except that happens after Terra.

Decide to take a Contemptor for anti-air, get called a BaC baby. Get told to take a Deredeo. Now Deredeo isn't the right choice... I guess I'll just throw a Sicaran in there, I don't care anymore.

Can you guys tell me why the fuck so-called "Master of the Legion" guys only wear Power Armor while nameless sergeants can wear Artificer Armor like sweat shirts?

> "No my lord, you're a Praetor but you can't wear it. We are short on supply... oh hey John your AA's just behind that Cataphractii."

Thank you anons. So in short, the Siege of Terra was a failure. Even with the combined might of the Traitor Legions, Titans, Daemons, Traitor Primarchs and the Traitor Fleet, it did not fall.

Made me respect the BA, WS and IF even more.

in your old lore yah, in the new lore they're on their way back their before terra, it's in Angelius

I mean, you have the Primarch whose best at Sieges, the Primarch whose best at common sense and the Primarch who rips apart titans with his bare hands, how could they lose?

The emperor is a Sue

bretty much everything was a failure, that's why they go all "m-muh long war" despite the loyalists rebuilding the imperium

So how do they plan to explain Lion disappearing in his duel with Luthor on Caliban before he turns at Terra?

So Dorn is Siege master (defender) and Pert is Siege master (attacker)?

> no wonder Iron Cage was shit

How does the Templars fit into IF's defensive, siege theme?

legions aren't just one convenient stereotype

>n
Imperium had the Primarch best at raping Demons/Hordes, the Primarch best at Defences and the Primarch best at hit N run and harrying attacks against a greater force.

You all seem to forget the imperium had the fucking emperor and his super-elite forces

The Emperor was kinda tied down with the Golden Throne and all.

You got something wrong, no one's ever stated they're headed for Caliban. It's set in stone the Lion will meet with Russ and they'll go the last few sectors before Terra BTFOing traitors together.

gonna start painting my last tactical marines

I just think it's amazing that Perturabo made the inner keep of the Iron Cage a huge killing zone.

"Brother, fight your way through 20 miles of minefields, gun nests and traps. When you get through all that, it will be totally worth it." :^)

Cold-blooded ruse, truly.

Fucking Exterminatus is absent from those idiots' mind when it's the most logical choice

> Sizable force of Traitors and their fucking Primarch is on the planet
> guaranteed trap
> god damnit blow the fucking planet already

Not really a ruse, though. Just pert and dorn having the pissing match they never had a chance to do in the heresy.

W-why are you so mean Senpai!

Depends what kind of character you're making. What's his loadout and role going to be?

God dammit Kelbor-Hal

What project will you do when their done? Your hobbying zeal is an inspiration.

>50% of my characters are women!

That is how humans work, yes.

I mean if 50% of his space marines were women that'd be a bigger sticking point. As is, kinda undermines the rest of the rant by shoving in a non-sequitur.

Come to think of it, wasn't Sev also having an affair with loli psyker on DA spaceship? How did it go?

Sisters of Silence probably. Maybe custodes terminators if the models are as awesome as I expect them to be. And maybe a land raider for my command squad.

>the imperium
read master of mankind you pleb

Cool, Sisters fit the DG well.

So, she's a member of the astropathic choir, who shouldn't be speaking to him. She gets caught and beaten by the choir master. This pisses Sevetar off, so when he escapes (with a little help from psychic grill) rather than getting off the DA flagship, he goes and finds the choir master and kills the shit out of him for his crime.

Which suggests this may be a turning point for Sevatar as a character, perhaps turning from a generalised bastard into the murder-justice machine the night lords were meant to be:
‘I am justice,’ Sevatar calls out to them. With a last wrenching twist, he breaks the corpse’s neck and casts it onto the deck by his bare feet. ‘I am judgement. I am punishment. And I surrender.’

Are Night Lords waifufags?
>Sevatar and his astropath
>Zso Sahaal and Mita Ashyn
>Talos and Octavia (kind of an asspull but w/e)

>reading ADB HH
Why?

>Kills a dude for enforcing a rule he doesn't like, that isn't even lethal punishment

There are better ways to protest that you don't like psykers can't talk to normies.

All ADB novels include waifus.

only when written by that one bloke

I think he wrote master of mankind right?

Who's the Emperor's waifu?

His Custodes.

Malcador.

That one Perpetual chick on Moloch.

Shame he still gonna die crying "Death to the False Emperor!" on Terra rather than going true NL.

Isn't she hates the Emperor?

Man she was a fuckup.
>okay, I've got this duty to seal this portal if it seems the warmaster might get to it
>this is enormously important, the fate of the galaxy could rest on it
>shit, the traitors are invading the planet
>I know, I'll spend several days getting my adopted family onto a spaceship rather than doing my galaxy-saving duty
>right, done, now to deal with that portal, hope I still have time
>oh shit it's Horu-

Arkhan Land.

> Kharn and Lotara Sarrin
> Argel Tal and Cyrene Valantion
> Iskandar Khayon, Nefertari and Anamnesis

cue special snowflakes
> one being respected by Angron
> one being fucking Perpetual
> one being full qt girl Machine Spirit
> one being bloody Dark Eldar waifu

Really ADB?

You know I don't think I'd buy a thunderhawk even at plastic prices, given it's basically a superheavy transport flyer first and foremost. Kinda useless in all but the hugest apocalpyse games.

Even as a display model, it's less cool for largely being a glorified drop pod.

It's actually kinda weird that Space Marines lack a big killy superheavy centrepiece.

>Space Marines lack a big killy superheavy centrepiece
>Space Marines
>as in, the army with Primarchs
>lack a big killy superheavy centrepiece

I think the reason Space Marine vehicles are all either transports or transports modified into makeshift guns is because you're meant to think...

>Pffft... Superheavy vehicles? Heh, us Marines are the most elite warriors in the galaxy kid, these are all the superheavy guns you need *flexes S4 bolter*

And then the kid shrugs and paints an imperial knight in his Chapter's heraldry.

Pls no

Primarchs aren't superheavy. They're just some tall asshole the narrative keeps sucking the dick of.

Fellblade.
Falchion.
Glaive.

> 825pts Thuderhawk Gunship w/ Turbo-laser and flare shield
> requires at least 3,300pts army

>what is Stormbird

Even less killy than a Thunderhawk.

Oh right yes, the souped up Baneblade.

Yes fair enough, they have something. Weirdly marginalised in the fluff, but it exists.

>turbo-laser
>glorified drop pod

How much was twin-armed Str D pie plates throwing Warhound again?

750 I think. If it's not exactly that it's certainly roughly that.

>ignorance is a virtue

>massive D blast + 5 twinned lascannon
>less killy than a thunderhawk
It's ok to admit that you're wrong user.

Drop pods have a stormbolter.

>Counting the orbital strike
>Counting having someone else shoot for you

Thunderhawk at least carries it's own Thundercock cannon.

Which requires at least 4000pts army to be used.