Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Still waiting for the plastic thunderhawk reveal edition.

>previous thread
Daily Duncan(old): youtube.com/watch?v=tHAPbWbglps

Death Guard in plastic: youtube.com/watch?v=BceinBiT9jQ

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Aeldari are the most powerful race in the galaxy.

>implying

Real thread

>implying

stop with this spamming shit. that hasn't been the real thread all day, stop trying to force it

FUCK OFF. That thread is ancient. And dead

But in all seriousness
KYS

There's already a general you blind autist

Real thread

>report
>hide
>move on
>see him next thread or when this one reaches bump limit because god forbid the mods actually do something for once

Excellent trips.

Please drink poison.

>he's still shilling his bait thread
Report and ignore

Pro-tips for Guard and getting more pysker support? Are psyker primaris's good? How do I get gud with the one aspect of the game I never use but want to start

These thread wars are fucking goddamn retarded

You dumbasses do realize that you're the ones ruining this thread by spamming ineffectual replies to an inconsequential little shitpost, right?

Just ally SM librarians formation and spam their op powers

You didn't check if there was a general.

It's not a war when it's just a single dude screaming loudly and being ignored by the mods who should've deleted that entire thread and all traces of it about 16 hours ago already.

>Aeldari

CHEETAH-user, I SUMMON THEE

To actually get our cogitators working, let's post some aspect of your army that you wish were better and see what others can come up with to fix it.

>Black Templars Chapter tactics, characters, Crusaders and gameplay style

Can you newfags learn to check if there's a general?

dubs of truth

I miss him already.

Mods please, let us make a trade.

How much do you think will be the change to 8ed? I started a skitarii army but I'll rather not expand the army if everything goes AoS style, mostly because it would become joke rules for most armies and probably just numarines and khorne for the next two years

GK or will any chapter do?

What's your favorite art/art style in 40k content?

I gotta say I've always been partial to pic related. Sums up the imperium's creepiness and zealotry, has enjoyable grimdark sketchiness to it.

AdMech probably won't get any new plastic apart from maybe some new Character(s) and possibly a Skitarii HQ option for the forseeable future and will most definitely be combined into one faction.

They're a pretty safe bet to stay relevant and get their new codex early, since a lot of people love playing them and love their design.

Imperial Armor 14 is also due to release around time 8e will release (most likely), which will have some 30k Transports, fuckyuge robots and the FW Elite Skitarii, which is all very nice.

NIDS WILL NOM THE GALAXY!!

Imperial agents astropaths are your best bet for easy and cheap psychic Support. 25 points for ml1 psyker that can do divination and telepathy. Easy prescience and easy psychic shriek. Going to ml2 is good too but they are 1 wound so they can perils themselves to death easier.

White scar or iron hands, put them on for maximum survivality

Fake thread
Real thread

WAAAAGH

youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo

this still isn't all of it

I envy your dedication to your army

Quit buyin shit until you paint your other shit, ya git.

How many points do you wager are in there? 10-15k? Impressive user, only thing more impressive would be everything fully painted and based.

The guard psycher formation is pretty good.

Literally been spamming this shit all day. You were spamming it when I woke up and now your spamming it as I lay in bed. When will you take the hint that we don't give a fuck about your christ-chan /pol/ bullshit. We don't want your shitty dead thread that couldn't even get a measly 150 posts despite being up for nearly 15 hours?

why reply to faggotry?

I can't help myself

Ignore and report, also report the bait thread, he won't learn, now we depend on the MODS to stop him.

Orkbro here, I guesstimate about what you do

All in all I probably have 20-30k or somewhere in there, in the next day or two as I organize it all its put it in battlescribe and share the list with you all

a-user... you... are... the cancer

Since orkz are in bad shape you should adopt other people armies to expand your WAAAGH! to an apocalyptic size

Hey anons, I think I've finally gotten my list to how I want it. How would you rate it?

1500 Blood Axes Blitzkrieg V3

•HQ
-Warboss, 60
+'Eavy Armour, 4
+Power Klaw, 25
+Da Finkin' Kap, 10
+Attack Squig, 15
+Kombi-Rokkit, 5
+Boss Pole, 5
+Ammo Runt, 3
Total, 127

-Painboy, 50
+Grot Orderly, 5
Total, 55

•Elites
-Nobz, 54
+7 Nobz, 126
+'Eavy Armour, 40
+4 Kombi-Rokkit, 20
+3 Power Klaw, 75
+7 Big Choppa, 35
+Waaagh! Banner, 20
+Ammo Runt, 3
Total, 373

•Dedicated Transport
-Battlewagon, 110
+Boarding Plank, 15
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+4 Big Shootas, 20
+Kannon, 10
Total, 160

•Troops
-2xBoyz, 60 (180)
+2 Boyz, 12
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25
+Boss Pole, 5
Total, 112 (224)

•Dedicated Transport
-2xTrukk, 30 (90)
+Reinforced Ram, 5
+Rokkit Launcha, free
Total, 35 (70)

•Fast Attack
-2xBlitza-Bommer, 270

-Stormboyz, 45
+Boss Nob, 10
+Boss Pole, 5
+Power Klaw, 25
+15 Stormboyz, 135
Total, 220

Total, 1499

what should i equip my gk interceptor squad with?

that is one metric fuckton of orkz user

Psy cannons

>non-relentless unit
>Psycannons
NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Is it advisable to make a purely shooty SM army? I play as IF, and I love me some heavy bolters

I would drop the storm boyz for loot tankz if you really want a blitzkrieg army

The handheld psilencers aren't good for shit, you only use those on the baby carrier

What are you anons working on(read: Procrastinating) tonight? Play any games recently? Plan to?

I'm working on my friend's Guilliman and I was fucking terrified at doing the sword because I suck at blending and have never painted fire. So, I followed Duncans guide and added some white to the tips. How'd I do?

USE THE FUCKING LIST BUILDER YOU DOUBLE HERETIC

What are Incinerators for 400, Trebek?

WITNESSED

Working through some projects I've been putting off for my Chaos army. Working on a termie sorcerer right now.

Taking a break from my group's usual weekly game day helped a lot. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart too much though. The guy who was big on organizing it and coming up with scenarios is moving to the west coast soon.

I would were it not for the Don't Press Dat rule. 1/6 chance to not be able to use the Killkannon is a very meh rule. They are cheap, I'll admit, but I just hate the chance of being unable to use their guns.

Psilencers are never good on anything.

Dreadknight wants to use Psycannon/Incenerator everytime he can.

I won't lie to you user, I completely forgot they existed.

You have ten seconds

To create 3 new xeno armies/factions

Can tau sniper drones with fire sight marksmen move and shoot their snipers at full BS? A moving 48inch BS 5 sniper seems kinda too good to me.

Nice digits, mate, but there's nothing wrong in not using the list builder?

Female Necrons.

Incinerators, my nigga. Incinerators also go on Purifiers if you're inclined to use those, for a Vietnam-style barbecue. Psycannons are for Termis. Psilencers are trash.

All things Warhammer General Discord, a place for when the thread is dead or you want slightly faster paced chat!

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Looks good to me, user. At first I didn't like the diagonal bands but while I was typing this comment they grew on me. You could maybe hit the blade part with a wash if you like, the flames part looks good as is in my opinion though.

Fuck off

Power maul Bullgryn death star with 2 priests a xenos inquisitor with rad nades and a biomancy primaris psyker. 570 points of let's do this.

They are jetpack, so Relentless.

Thanks, I was a bit low on cash when I went to get some paints, so I decided against buying a wash/shade and only got the Ultramarine colors. I might just do a "wash"(thinned down Troll slayer) to even it out again.

>Takes fucking forever to select options
>Nobody can even read your wargear selections
>Looks retarded since it just stacks the same model
>Visually busy as fuck, nobody will actually pay attention to wargear

The list builder is a novelty for children with ADD who can't stand to read 20 lines of text without photographs attached. Even fucking Battlescribe is better than it.

okers! incinerators and falchions for interceptors and just incinerators and swords for purifiers?

What units do you want to take or field, but don't because their points cost is too high, models are too expensive in real $money, or rules are too terrible?

inspiring stuff.

one day my waaaagh! would make this one look tiny!

Orks are the best

its a neat army but i cant help but think it would get destroyed by most lists.

still neat if you play against nice armies.

Fucking kill me now. I hate tau

SeeI've taken Bullgryn a few times with the grenade gauntlets. They never do anything. Either people run away from them or they get shot to death slowly. Their only use is an expensive bullet sponge. I just want to fully kit them out and get them into assault once in a while. That's all.

Straken is another one. He never does much except shoot out the top hatch or sometimes he hops out and fires once before getting shot up. I just want to tear through some small squads here and there and get a big bloob charge with furious charge.

1. yes.
2. snipers arent that good.
3. its a heavy support choice.

its fine.

>It's a Heavy Support choice

As if there's anything that good in the Heavy Support slot anyway.

missile sides are fucking retarded.

hammerhead+long strike is good.

>implying

>I just want to tear through some small squads here and there

Just get an eversor.

Honestly, Kroot make better snipers.

I might consider that. I'm just a huge fan of Straken and his rules. He should be an ic.

Should be fine. I run 1 unit of Interceptors with Halberds and the other with Falchions, there are mixed opinions on that but it's worked for me.

shots with S4 but instant death seems kinna good though
Are we sure that baby carriers who want to take on greater daemons and other multi wound assholes can't make a psilencer worthwhile?

Dangit this is making me want to repaint all my old metal GKs now that I'm not hot garbage.

Thought the only reason why kroot make better snipers is because tau have some sort of eye problem. Why they need markerlights to shoot at veteran level.

I've recently tested my strike squads as interceptors and loved the mobility. What is best in a unit? Ten guys with two incinerators combat squadded together and... I don't know what's meta anymore for gk weaponry.

Im glad I clipped and saved all these beep boop backpacks.

As in brand new, or new books for ones existing in lore?

Because for ones existing in lore, just give Kroot, Demiurg, and Hrud their own books.

For entirely brand new:
>Race made up entirely of light/energy, feed off of the ambient energy of suns to sustain themselves. Fluffwise, could be formed around microscopic fragments of C'tan shards, and while lacking the same scope of powers, typically have weird ways to influence realspace and a strange drive to conquer and subjugate other races

That's all I've got. Other ideas would be alien mercenaries, but we've already got a lot of those, and some aliens that thrive on radiation, but same deal. Better to expand on existing stuff overall.

>implying that isn't all Ork lists

I really wanna see aliens that worship chaos. Nowadays they worship their own crazy gods or ideals.

True, that'd be a good addition I hadn't considered. I'm worried it would just end up being 'Beastmen in space' or feel too much like Chaos Daemons though

S4 psilencer, it can't hurt a Wraithknight which is literally the only thing that will punk you in melee outside Imperial Knights where you should be punked because it is literally twice the cost.

Which of the Horus Heresy novels are your favourite?

Could just be subtle worship, not enough to turn them all into rampaging mutants. Something like the aliens Fulgrim fought.

Speaking of Kroot vs drones, Kroot have the added advantages of cheap and Infiltrate.

If I remember my fluff correctly, its because Tau have really shitty reaction times, hence the needs to have the tech get it to reasonable levels. Thats also why they suck at melee, but can shoot good from long range. Because a plasma bolt is damn hard to dodge, but a sniper round has to be actually aimed

I could be wrong though

what is exactly going on in that gif?

DoW:Dark crusade SM vs Imperial guard victory bay, but with ultramarines for some reason?

Spess muhrines covering what I assume is an orbital battery