Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

"The Flow of Time is Convoluted" Edition:

As your game gone into interacting with alternate timelines and parallel universes?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48382763/#48382882
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah yeah I know
Thursdays 8-12 EST

No, and I never will.

Too many PCs would try to get more magic items from themselves, or kill themselves for xp.

DHB WAS IN THE LAST THREAD. I WENT TO CHECK AND HE TOOK OUT REACTIONARY.

HE'S PROBABLY WATCHING US RIGHT NOW.

Probably replace it with Paragon of Speed or something, that way he doesn't have to shoe horn being bullied into his backstory.

DHB, if you're reading this, it's too late for this timeline! You have to go back! You have to try to get it right again. There's not much time; if the Synchronization overtakes you before you can pierce the veil, it's all over!

He didn't take out being bullied. Apparently his character was bullied for being a runt. Replaced it with suspicious, which is for if someone close to you betrays you. Makes sense because that was already in his back story.

Also am I the only one to notice he made a The Black Company reference? Ash Wand is the name of Uncle Doj's sword in The Black Company.

>The outfit also includes any extra accessories you might need, such as a scarf or a wide-brimmed hat.

I always forget that last part. Still, one should probably have spare scarves, but that's one down right out of the gate.

What's a good way to find character art, /pfg/?
I don't really like sifting through boorus, google is hit or miss at best, and I'll be fucked before I go to DeviantArt.

It's especially hard finding male characters--they're all either femmy animes or craggy old dudes, and I want a little more variety.

>DHB makes his two most fetishy characters yet
>Giant hunky aasimar who rides his dragon sister, literally the product of a breeding program
>Flat chested reverse trap mercenary girl who did 'odd jobs' to earn money
>Praised for them
the fuck is happening

I'm concerned about the womenfolk of WWW and the safety and sanctity of their undergarments.

How grumpy and resentful can you be before you cease to be Good?

It's just memes. The LBF character is terribly written.

I WANNA DIE.

PLEASE LET ME DIE.

Is your character still altruistic at heart?

Alright, I got the first map done, along with reading some the adventure path. When do I open applications?

So, I made a Blaster and realized that no, I hated the idea of my enemies actually saving against my spells, and AoEs in general allows saves

What do? Somebody told me about some 2hu spheres build here?

When you stop believing in the cause of Good really

I mean, some people can be Good and be extremely grumpy and irritable but they only cease to be Good when they stop believing in it and stop actively doing Good acts

Considering Mary dresses like a doll, and dolls aren't known for wearing underwears, is she going commando?

She really wants to help her mother have a better life. That's really it, though. Nobody else but mother.

Don't fall for the /pfg/ trap, user. Don't have people apply with characters. Have people apply as players, with a few brief ideas for characters, chat with the players one-on-one for a bit, take the ones who seem most likely to gel well, and have them make their characters TOGETHER. This application competition meme is utterly toxic.

When you've read all 6 books cover-to-cover, planned out the flow and tone of the adventure path, made any changes you want to make, decided on a time and chargen rules, and have double-checked you have the time to spare to DM a game.

Why are you grumpy and resentful?
Is it because you want the world and its people to be better, and hold them to high standards?
Or is it just for an earthly reason, like over a girl?

If the former, you're still Good. If the latter, you're still Good until you act on your grudge and do something you can't take back.

>Blaster

You mean the generic term of blaster, or the Armorist archetype?

In about a month after all the current games have gone extinct.

I did it as bullet points originally, but the more I look back at it the more I realize bullet points don't really work. I should rewrite it normally and create a slightly longer summary with bullet points. Likely not tonight though, it's already very late.

I agree though, the app has a lot of issues. I'm glad I have a fair amount of time to fix it though.

This, desu.

>tfw you get three applications from who is clearly the same person, but using different email addresses, because they want to increase their odds of getting in the game

That's more on the neutral side of things. To me, a Good character is altruistic most of the time, and feels compelled to help people he or she doesn't even know. A neutral character is still capable of this, but reserves such generosities for close friends, relatives, and people he or she really respects.

Generic, I made a blaster arcanist if anything but I feel super irritated whenever enemies make saves they are bad at, owing to my generally bad luck with dice

So I wanted to check what is that 2hu build with Spheres again

Ask in a character art thread for the kind of general category you're looking for. Pick what you want, leave the rest.

She's grumpy and resentful because she was relentlessly bullied and ostracized as a child and an adolescent, has a grand total of one friend that isn't her mom, and never had a father figure in her life.

The damage potential of the Destruction sphere is heavily GM-dependent, because it relies on:

1. Whether or not the GM allows the Sacred Blast advanced talent for Destruction.

2. Whether or not the GM allows a sorcerer focus sphere to stack with an incanter sphere specialization.

3. Whether or not the GM allows custom blast talents using the point-buy creation in the Destruction handbook.

4. Whether or not the GM allows the orc bloodline arcana to affect spherecasting.

5. Whether or not the GM allows the blood havoc sorcerer bloodline mutation.

The more of these the GM allows, the stronger Destruction will be.

This is why it is very difficult to judge the actual strength of Destruction: it is more GM-dependent than most builds, because Spheres of Power was written in a very loosey-goosey manner with regards to how compatible it is with regular Paizo options.

For example, the old build here ( archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48382763/#48382882 ) operates under the assumption that the GM allows only #1 from this list. It would be much stronger if the GM allowed the rest of the options in this list, all the more so by later levels.

This is the "all day" version of the Spheres blaster build, however; there are "nova" builds involving metamagic and/or the Time sphere that expend a glut of resources for a single powerful shot.

That said, for a more out-of-the-box-powerful blaster who must worry little of daily resources, you are probably better off with an Overcharge Modulation area shape avowed.

That sounds like it could be any alignment, so it's easy to still be Lawful Good if she grits her teeth and acts the part.

Perhaps she's Lawful Good specifically because it offers solace from her woes.

She's only going to help people in this quest because she believes it will result in payment and currying favor which she can use to elevate her mother and herself from drudgery.

Isn't overcharge modulation getting changed again later?

That's so stupid that it makes sense. So is that two characters that don't wear underwear now? :^)

Oh lawdy. Thank you for the advice
Pick two

Definitely neutral in my book then.

Best race incoming.

FUCK OFF

No underwears is just as fine too!

This
You were worried about preparation, right?

Would her alignment change if, sometimes, when she's around particularly handsome, muscular, kind-hearted men, she felt the inexplicable urge to plunge her fangs into their necks and drink deeply?

That slides her right on up back to good, desu

Nah. Everyone from LG to CE has needs.

I'll give it a look if anything, some players in my group was experimenting with Spheres

Will need to ask my GM about those questions

Where's that SotJR green?

I wanna know what actually happened after all the bamboozling.

If I read all those now won't I forget it by the time we do them?

Nothing important, probably. It's more planning the general arc and story that's important.

Not if you read them enough.

Gotcha boss. You want in?

Read. Take notes. Holy shit.

I'll take a look at the page if you post an LFG link, but otherwise I can't really say I will.

If advertising on /pfg/ isn't your cup of tea, then just have fun with your own thing.

I'm fucking retarded. Sorry.
I guess I don't want to advertise something I haven't studied enough. Sorry Boss.

It embarrasses her because she wants more than anything to just feel their warmth against her and around her, because she's ever so cold, but then she'll begin to wonder how warm they might taste, and before you know it she's descending the slippery, sanguine slope of the vampyr. It's most frustrating.

Consider a flow chart. What will you do if the players really throw you a curve? Chargen is huuge.

> if

It's never if. It's when. And how badly.

I'm not that good of a DM that I can just wing it. Some are. I *feel like* have to put in a lot of work.

Kingsmaker seems like the kind of adventure path to need a flowchart. What does Chargen mean?

>What does Chargen mean?

Is this just the biggest /pfg/ bamboozle yet?

Yes. My mistake. Prep is important as is improv. I improv by doing more prep.

Character generation. You uuh, sure you ready for this user?

Chargen' (Charging) is when players really recklessly throw themselves at a problem, like breaking a door down instead of solving a puzzle.

It can cut through a lot of DM plans and lead to TPKs.

Character generation. Rules. Third party. Points. Wealth. Everything that goes...wait...
This.

user, I respect you, but go smaller in scope. Please.

Thats what I thought, Just had to make sure. I hope I can handle a power gamer or three, thanks to my experience playing with them, but think I will have trouble with the more heavy role players.

Which is probly why you will never see my sick-ass Iron Gods, sadly.

You're not ready to handle what /pfg/ will throw at you, trust me.

t. /pfg/ game GM

Where are those confounded greenies?

You're doomed to roleplay-optimizers. There are people out there with pure weaponized autism when it comes to roleplay.

It can't be that bad Can it?

How many GM's does /pfg/ chew up and spit out? What is the pecentage like? How many just fucking disappear after a few sessions?

Very few. The more common scenario is that the game just never starts.

I know that I personally have started two games in the years I've been lurking around here, and neither of them lasted more than a month. I didn't disappear, the players tore themselves apart, because autists can't work together.

Well fuck, now I just want to do my master chef campaign.

==/pfg/ RotJR era game statuses

Rise of the Jade Regent [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
Fluffy Tail 1 [DEAD]
Fluffy Tail 2 [DEAD]
Helnar [RUNNING]
The Amber Fields of Molthune [DEAD (1 session)]
Misadventures of a Lazy Princess [DEAD]
/pfg/ Hell's Vengeance (Argentum ver) [RUNNING]
Hell's Vengeance B [DEAD (3 sessions)]
Evil Lewd Game [RUNNING]
Of Dragons and Yet More Dragons [RUNNING]
Rise of the Jade Regent: PbP [RUNNING] [DEAD (some sessions)] (Attempted two games, one dead)
The Pendragon Institute [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
The Sleeping Goddess [DEAD]
The Wrath of the Righteous [DEAD]
Wrath of the Raunchy [RUNNING]
Romance of the Righteous Kingdom [RECRUITMENT CLOSED]
Sky Pirates [DEAD]
Bathe Yourself in Blood [RUNNING]
Volorexis: Streets of Cantha [RUNNING]
Sultanas and Raisins [??]
Of Dragons and Men... and more Dragons [RUNNING]
Curse of the Lazy Throne [RUNNING]
/pfg/ Dragonborn Game [RUNNING]
Taldor Ascendant [DEAD]
Legacy of Blood and Flame [RECRUITING]
The Celestial Tournament [RECRUITING]
The Great Bamboozling [RECRUITING]
Shardwalkers [RECRUITING]
Hell's Rebels: Literally Can't Even Edition [RECRUITMENT CLOSED: TWO GAMES] (No sessions yet)
Spheres of Might Playtest: The Harrowing [RECRUITING]
Puella Librum Daemonium [RECRUITMENT CLOSED]
A Generic Pathfinder Adventure (Eberron E8) [RECRUITING?]
Wild Weird West [RECRUITING]

>A Generic Pathfinder Adventure (Eberron E8) [RECRUITING?]

Can confirm this one is done recruiting and is prepping to start.

Did you see this?
or not read about Init +21? 21!

Why is all tiefling character art either "hot monstergirl" or "red dude with horns and tail"? I am in desperate need of a place to find better art.

Like ginsu ninja or ez bake oven?

Whats wrong with that?

To be fair, things like +21 init are pretty easy red flags to spot. Legal or not, it's overly optimized bullshit.

Each character would fill a role in the kitchen/restaurant.

And I'm cool with that to a point. I just don't trust most of /pfg/ to check themselves.

It's really about context. high initiative in and of itself isn't really a problem. Heck it could just mean you're an inquisitor with improved initiative.

Because you're not showing them your warface.

I tried cooking irl in my youth and learned I just cannot handle it. Not sure where you're going with that one, user.

Sometimes I want to play a dude tiefling who doesn't look like he just dropped by from 4E. Even in Pathfinder, the male tieflings that have decent art almost all are just big red draenei.

Planescape had decent tieflings, if you didn't mind Di'Terlizzi's style

Was this inspired by FF15?

Is finding traps passive, that GM rolls hidden perception roll when PC comes into the same room as the trap, or is finding traps active, that you actually need to actively decide to search for them?

Jesus fucking christ
What caused this massive fucking drive to start up pfg games

Right Here.

SotJR Session 7: Incredible Violence Edition

Gonna be spoilering the lewd parts.

>Following Corwin's breakdown and the reappearance of Onryou/Seht our illustrious heroes make their way deeper into the catacombs of wrath.
>After debating proper skeleton storage, the group comes across a massive stone basin, decorated with skulls, sitting in the middle of a circular room.
>Naturally, the group goes in to investigate, with Val up front.
>What we didn't see, was a hideous monster which pounced upon Val, thrusting its long, disgusting tongue into her moist, quivering mouth. Congratulation to Val on being the first member of SotJR to actually engage in lewds!
>Val responds the same way she does to most lewd situations, and cuts the monster to pieces.
>A quick examination by determines that the basin is filled with Waters of Lamashtu, and constantly refills itself.
>The group wisely decides they want no part of that, and goes elsewhere. But not before leaving a note.
>Deeper in the catacombs they find an altar to Lamashtu situated in a room with a mysteriously sticky floor, and a set of ominous double doors.
>Pushing open the doors reveals a tiny Demon perched on the lip of a roiling triangular cauldron, along with several wrathspawn.
>The creature hisses and screeches at the party, before disappearing; the wrathspawn however surge forward.
>Casimir, Val, and Seht take the 2 on the left, while Onryou, Corwin, and Aranha take the right.
>Aranha levels her pistol, and manages to put a bullet into whatever passes for a wrathspawn's brain, dropping it.
>The demon reveals itself, attempting to paralyze Seht; who fortunately shakes off the fell magic.
>Corwin and Seht turn their attention to the demon, unleashing their full repertoire of holy maneuvers.
>Two of the Wrathspawn converge on Casimir, critically wounding him many times, dropping him, and injecting him with a near fatal dose of liquid sin.

Personally, I like to have players roll a bunch of checks beforehand than I will secretly use those unless they are actively searching.

>Blinded by rage, Val finishes off the remaining two wrathspawn, while Onryou and Aranha take down the other.
>Casimir continues to pour both blood and ichor onto the cold stone.
>Corwin invokes angelic power, and offers the fiend's life in exchange for Casimir's. Whatever being was listening accepted the bargain; upon striking the demon, it turned to dust, and Casimir's wounds closed.
>Though the poison still flows through his veins.
>Casimir is left to rest, while the rest of the party goes to investigate the Runewell.
>Despite Onryou's excellent cultist impression, and multiple attempts to activate blind with UMD, nothing happens.
>Meanwhile, Casimir deals with the resurgence of his grief, before finally rejoining the party.
>Val consoles him.
>Seht mentions he's marrying Shayliss, much to Onryou's dismay, and after some jokes, Corwin says he'll take care of it.
>Party wants to get out of these damnable catacombs, but continues deeper in search of their next clue.

You have to actively look for traps to find them. It's a specific special ability that gets you 'reactive' checks.

Did we ever stat the group?

>Gladio - Warder
>Prompto - Desperado that dumped Con
>Ignis - Vigilante (Stalker)

>Cor - Bushi Warder
>Aranea - Warlord with Piercing Thunder
>Iris - Stalker

I will never get over just how odd Silver Crane is.

And you forgot comforting spiderhugs!