Best/Worst Player Names you've encountered

decided to list the names ive encounted GMing in the past few years, mostly Adnd and 4e

>Aryan the White Knight (kid was like 16)
>Balb
>Count Knight Sir Robert (guys name was robert)
>Lord Fraghtin, Son of Jorn Fraghtin, Once-Hand of the Northen King Olav (literally printed a custom sheet for to fit it and insisted the full title be named when referring to him, i told him to fuck himself about it)
>Lord British (fucking original)
>Hansel

>Demetoir the Demoncaster (literally was a standard boring fighter and player was edglord)
>Deeque (surprisingly wasn't black)
>Cancer
>Pennydull the Quick
>Sir Lancer (dickjoke)
>Hardfield the Catman
>Kailesion
>Harold of Grayden, Son of Lord Jon Grayden (probably the most down to earth to lengthy ratio. i like the names epic and long like dark souls bosses)
>Bandolf The Grey (guy left after 1 session)

If i remember anymore I haven't greentexted I'll post

also
>Barnaby (all time best)

_______ the _____ is overused trope

Arg.

Strictly speaking, this is not Veeky Forums.
I wish I had a pic of this lovely creation, but at the time I was equally embarrassed and ashamed to have done it.
I created a bulbous Mon Calamari with soft pink colored skin with blue, veins of mottling and named him: Scrotal Testicus.
The visual kind of sold it.

Indeed it was my Best/Worst Character Name

I much prefer _____ of _____

I actually know a guy named Aryan.

He's Persian though and it's pronounced Arri-yahn

the Night Wight, formerly known as White Knight

No one can beat Jeremiah motherfucking Kingfisher, the fey corgi with a british accent and a disdain for unopened/broken bottles

Shame he died in something like the third session. He'd earned the title "motherfucking" by that point, and he's remembered fondly.

I used to work with a this 5'0" blonde haired blue eyed girl who was actually named Arian. Sweet girl, her parents had no idea.

>Baron Big Unit
>Balthazar the Tuneful
>Knight
>Baruurak
>Drayeloth the Indifferent
>Url

>Grand Elf the Gay

Melf

Rate my naming sense. These are most of my played characters so far:

>Tarin In-Exile, elf thief
>Pharoth, human necromancer that defected from a tyrannical mage empire
>Arael Talassen, half-elf enchanter
>Mrogar Silverstream, dwarven cleric
>Cailean Dellarn, human ranger and minor noble
>Aurefin Ricantar, elf witch(er) and seer
>Eleonora, human druid

One of my players is the guy who names all his characters after whatever catches his attention on the character sheet (Usually race/class) and jus flips them.
"Emong Cirelc" the Gnome Cleric.

conventionally made-up fantasy names. entirely acceptable, i approve.

Yeah you know, the normal way to pronounce words is the letters they're written with, except for Anglophones and the French.

Being fair, that's a pretty decent name for a gnome.

Elf Wizard
>Lewd Friza
Dwarven Fighter
>Fag Vented Whirr
Gnome Mage
>Engage Mom

Human Cleric
>Malice Churn

Fucking metal.

>be named Eric
>make a Cleric
>name him Eric also

all from the same player
>Hagrid, the child snatcher
>Tesco Lasagna (character was a talking horse)
>Guard
>Cave
>Citizen Bob
>Franku
>*named after his high school geography teacher*
>Rolf, son of a Shepard
>Sokka Mei-Wang
>The Wall

I once decided (against my better judgement) to teach a bunch of 13 year olds how to play D&D, their character were called
>Goku (human fighter)
>Gaben, the lord (dwarf monk)
>Death, the kid (human Barbarian)

I used to play with a guy who named all his characters as variations on the word "Dude"

>Igor Dudovsky, russian spy
>El Dude, a knight vaguely reminiscent of El Cid
>Dudolas, an archer (not an elf)

And so on and so forth.

Could be worse.

Fuck you, Balb is great. I'm stealing that one

Think the best one I've done is "idon tavewan", the half elf rogue.
I was kinda put on the spot, was the first thing i thought of.

If I make a bard named brad for my first character interaction in a new group what kind of reception will I get?

THAT'S THE WALL, BROTHER!

>Artyom Nikolai Grigoriy Yankovic Yarick Kalashnikov

He's from a underground human network of citys

>EZROLLS EZLIFE

>Worst Names
Oda Tokugawa
Richard (because his character was rich)
Munroe Steiner (for a campaign set in fantasy!India)
Akage (in a game where we actually had a character named Akage, because he had red hair, but this newer character didn't have red hair)
Every other name in our fantasy!Poland campaign

God tier
Lore appropriate thematic name which fits perfectly within the setting, is consistent with a character's backstory and includes a minor, subtle pun on one or more of the character's traits/specialization that elicits a sensible chuckle upon first hearing it, yet is not distracting

High tier
Lore appropriate thematic name

Medium tier
A normal IRL 21st century (your country) name that is not the player's own name, a less subtle yet non thematic pun name

Low effort tier
using your own name or online handle as your character's name

Superlow tier
using the name of a character, or a spin on a name of a character from fantasy that is kind of related (ie Ryolas, Gregdalf, Donbledorf, ect)

Superultralow tier (I refuse to let players use names from this tier or lower)
using the name of a character from fantasy that isn't even tangentially related to the setting you're playing in and breaks immersion (ie Batman)

get the fuck out of my game tier
typical edgy teenage chuuni garbage, Japanese names in European fantasy settings

To be fair, this isn't my group, I saw the story on Veeky Forums a while back.

Rate my name game with the last three characters I played:

>Julian Farnsworth III - Human Gentleman Thief with more charisma than brains and more money than sense.

>Liao Mei, the Fox of Khitai - Human horse nomad in a game set in the world of Robert E. Howard.

Hubert Barnswith Egdwin Fonkbow Garrik Rosebottom of Everglade-on-the-Sea - Gnomish wizard-scientist from a region based on Saxon Britain.

Hopefully my ability to invent names is better than my ability to greentext. The fail is real.

Montague Chef, a megalomaniac wizard.
Lilliputhammer, a Norwegian midget mafioso
Job Wett, a contract killer
Tuborg Heineken, an inquisitor
Shakespear, a tribesman hunter

Brad the Destroyer. Backstory to match. To this day, I know it was a a safer bet not to take him, but always wonder, what could have been?

Sveten of House Palmsow

Sveten
Steven

my namie is steven

I play a shirtless Dwarf named Bicep Hardbeard
I'm the only one who thought it was funny but idc

My worst name was Dildo Faggins but in my defence I was 14.

>>Tesco Lasagna (character was a talking horse)
Inspired.

I once had a player use Garfunkle Simonson, druid extraordinaire. It didn't really fit the setting or tone, but I said fuck it and just had NPCs react incredulously from time to time.

Fig H Ter

I usually just swap the first letter of the first andnlast name of the DM. Herric Darty, Witch Minburn, Lric Eegette, and Sat Cellers are ones I've used.

One of the PCs I'm GMing for

>Niz
>pronounced Nize
>short for no-eyes

He's blind

Grotti Mir - dwarf barbarian, patriarch of the storied Mir clan of dwarfs.
Elan Iberius Fabool - human wild magic sorcerer- astronomer and vizier to the late sultan.
Brother Godwyk Niraj - Dwarf cleric of Arcana who had the misfortune of being on guard duty when someone torched his library and is on the shitshow quest to recover/replace the missing tomes just to get him out of the guild.

Some I've personally used:

Sir Worthington. Low fantasy, was an idiot, ugly midget. Wasn't a knight, his name was just Sir.

Nicholas Ashleigh. Space opera sci-fi campaign. Was an excellent leader and diplomat, utter shit at everything else.

Inquisitor 017. same setting as above, was a gene-splicing experiment to create powerful psionic soldiers by a broad spacefaring militaristic civilization. Was only pretty good at telepathy, not great, because he was a prototype.

My players have used:

Alias, same setting as Nicholas Ashleigh. Very powerful teleporter/telekinetic psion, was named by Ashleigh because he never hid the fact that he never used his real name.

Joe Nerrik. Same as above. Needed a generic everyman name, we came up with that. He was a master martial artist government agent. We hired him as the cook.

In my latest long running campaign I wound up referring to the party more by titles than by names, because I am terrible at names.

There was:

Tryndalore, better known as the Prince. Exiled prince, eventually lead an assassination attempt and coup, with army of demons.

Rabadan, The Hedge Wizard. Later the Lich. Was a hedge wizard, died in the second session to a lowest class demon, sold his soul to a middle manager imp to come back to life. Eventually learned the ritual to Lichdom, became the second lich in the entire setting, started turning everyone who wanted into psuedo-liches. Fed their souls to his master, Grinnok.

Darius, the Soldier. A battlemage turned bureaucrat, wound up sacrificing himself at a key point to allow the coup, was loyal to the Prince.

D-something. Used his name the least. The Bandit King/The Dragon. Was a normal bandit, at the very start of the campaign through single combat and sheer force of charisma took control of a bandit stronghold, converted it into a private military, kept the name of Bandit Camp. Later fused himself with a dragon via a deal with a demon king, to become the first and only half dragon in the setting.

Spider. A giant tarantula from a race of Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Was one of the scariest combatants, was giving a suit of special made chainmail, became indomitable tank. Spoke with a high pitched voice, thought most people were cute. Was later replaced by Spider Spiderson, Spider's daughter.

Nothing. Skilled agent, ran a spy network that eventually just became ridiculous. After most of the campaign refusing to make any deals with demons unlike the rest of the party, sold his legacy to save his wife.

It is very important to note that this was not an evil campaign. In fact, my stated goals for this campaign were for heroic adventures.

>Eric the Cleric

I was pleased with Micky The Spiv. Spiv being an archaic word for thief/fence. Really fir the theme of the campaign we had.

Underrated

r between vowel sounds has a soft sound in may languages apart from french and english.

My current group has never played a tabletop RPG before, so we had a lot of pants on head retarded names over three different campaigns. The most notable ones include:

Greg Gregson, Human Druid (My own)
Sid Vicious, Human Fighter
Shia Labouf, Human Rogue
Profit Mohammad, Human Paladin (Same player as the rogue)
Honey, Human Sorcerer (The character and player didn't even last a whole session)
Alexander Jonesevich (And his twin, Aleksander Jonesvich. Same player)
Fug, Half-orc Barbarian with a 4 intelligence

Tony Iomi is my bards name.

Also

Any other rpg than 2md edition ad&d is pleb tier

Define please. I named my rogue CuntrĂ´sses. Hate my teen self

Rate my last PC names:

- Fiona Zeiss
- Max Fire
- Sir Horace Gonville Magdalene Ferrero Rocher Caius Brazenheart
- Belenus Nuada

Does he have his finger tips?

>Samenko Morisov, !Not-Russian Strongman

Great character, shame the campaign dissolved an hour later cause the GM got salty, players were pretty nice. Never managed to find Samenko's phone number though.

>Lord British (fucking original)
Well, Ultima references can't be that common nowadays.

I made a guy in a LOTR game once, a Gondorian called Eremor. GM thought it "didn't fit". Nigga what?

In a similar thread a while ago, someone brought up Robin Graves the necromancer, which I thought was funny.

I take it you play LoL?

Was he a friend of Lute Schitt and Lars Enny?

Inspired by a fucking /tv/ meme that did give me a chuckle I named my female sorcerer Melly Sanders

>Inspired by a fucking /tv/ meme that did give me a chuckle I named my female sorcerer Melly Sanders

Cool. I once made a fire mage named Sally Mander.

My characters were
Fueryon, Lizardfolk Druid
Kas, Kobold Sorcerer

I'm worldbuilding now for my campaign and I'm going to have Ezra (Azrael) be the sheparf of the Shadowfell and Frey (Freyr) be the lord of the Feylands

One of my players had a mute called Toxa. She swore allegiance to a noble family with the surname Lott, and got permission to take the on family name after a while. When I first said her new name I asked the fucker "Did you do all that just to have the irony of a mute with a name pronounced as 'talks a lot'?"

He did, the fucking asshole

>Sally Mander
Fuck, that is actually pretty funny

So wait, this took him multiple sessions?
Fuckin' A man

D&D
>Tim the Wizard (Monthy Python refference)
>Pepe the Orc
>Eli (the druid) and Veli (the pet)

SWN
>Dr. Phillip Ollas ("Gilipollas" means "Asshole" in spanish)

>Deviara

The player who played Rabadan based it off of lol, but tryndalore's player literally never seen lol, and barely spends any time on computers.

What's wrong with these? I think they're pretty good

I played a hobgoblin rogue/barbarian named Gnash, he was the youngest of six brothers, Thrash, Mash, Lash, Rash, and Kash. Pretty dumb but fun

>rp on play-by-post roleplay site (i know)
>player submits character
>character's name is same as player's screen name
>obvious red flag, immediate rejection

Besides those, the worst character name was probably "Ing" the Imperial Guardsman. Pic related was his character portrait.

That's awesome.

Leah Tuls the cleric.

Rian Barber the barbarian.

Wolf Wizzenheim the wizard.

The worst name I've ever encountered was a friend's druid fox girl that was literally just named Ahri. This guy played pretty much nothing but League and he kept trying insist that the characters were nothing alike the only real difference was that his character was a bit more "innocent and curious" than the LoL one, but it was still cringy as fuck.

In Eberron, a changeling named Ai. Pronounced "aye".
Entirely fits the bill of changeling names- simple one syllable sound. Entirely obnoxious as the table gets confused or derailed along the lines of "Ai did this" or "Ai got the thing"

Yakub, Foremost of the Melanated

Does anime freak anyone else out? Like really send a blinding plastic shiver down your oiled spine?

Mon Jena - goliath monk who used an enchanted chair as a weapon

One that I remember from a short-lived campaign I was in

GM: "...and your character's name is..?"
J: "My character's name is Pending"
GM: "look, I need you to decide on a name before you start playing."
J: "No, you don't get it. That was my character's name."
GM: "Wait, what?"
J: "Pending"
GM: "..."
GM: "Goddamnit, Jeff"

Last 3 were
>Errol Staine, an Apocolypse Oracle in High Fantasy setting.
>Doyle de Bois, French Chef Alchemist who was the ship cook in a sky pirate campaign.
>Norm Al, the alias of a Changeling Investigator who tried really hard to be human, his real name was Dennis.
Sadly all of them have been fantasy Pathfinder since no one other then me can be bothered to learn and run a different system. Though an NPC name I was proud of was Norton, who was an overly chipper Chronicler for Degenesis, their naming system is based of old tech jargon and computer programs so O named him after the anti-virus because he was annoying and useless.

John Jonathan Johnson lol

Internet the Explorer

I named my character Noah

My friend incidentally is Noah irl

He was conscious about paying attention but at least once per game he would get confused when the DM said it was 'Noah's turn'

Persians are aryan, user. That's what Iran is named after.

>Tesco Lasagna

It took balls to make that character.

Wobniar, The Rainbow Warrior.

>Lewd Friza
I most certainly am not, you filthy lying monkey!

>players who just use their own names
>describe their characters as "Me but a wizard / barbarian / street samurai"

Stefan "it's pronounced Steffon"
Sacha "it's pronounced like the a in cat. The sound like in daughter is for a girl's name."

That's about it. Most of the players I've met had pretty normal names.

>The Wall

I have a player who insists on rhyming names (or names with a letter or two different between them) in sibling groups and naming Familiars/Animal Companions/Leadership Feat Followers after objects. I can't object too loudly; she isn't very bright, but she's a hell of a role-player. She's been at my table for ten years, and it's one of my only complaints about her. We've been playing for more than half-a-century of game time, and she has an elaborate family tree that spans every game, main or side, that we've ever played. I truly admire her autism.

I really can't stress enough that she is one of the best players I've ever met, yet she comes up with names like:
>Rune, Relic, and Requiem (Drowish siblings, and each a different caster class)
>Aristotle Aristocracy, the Elf Princess in Hiding
>Alistair Knaves, the Jester (that's like naming your character "Lumberjack, the Woodsman" in carnie-speak)
>Twin Drowish brothers named Novadryl and Nowheredryl (my personal "favorite" stupid names of hers)
>She once asked if she could, with her Leadership Feat, acquire a Cat Beast-Kin named Blue October (I have rules for animal people of every kind involving Orcs being whores of greater magnitude than Humans.) (I told her no on this one.)
>Goblina (She was playing a young Goblin girl, and she named everything Tina, from chickens to her Shadowdancer Shades. It was retarded in a fun way. I liked it so much that now Shades are called Tinas world-wide.)

As for other players, I've had some bad ones over the last twenty years. Here's my favorite:
>Dragonborn named Trogdor the Burninator (I get the reference, but that was dumb. I told him no, he went with it, so I just constantly had people not get his name. That character died in combat legitimately, and he never came back.)

I've also made some boners.
>Lupus Lupin, the Half-Orcish Barbarian (I didn't know what Lupus was, and it sounded like "Wolf McWolf-Awoo" to me. He had a wolf theme and 7 INT.)

Back in the caves with you

>Oda Tokugawa

>hodgepodge two historical names together

Would trigger my inner weeb.

>using your own name or online handle as your character's name

What if my online handle was derived from a lore appropriate name?