What are your favorite races Veeky Forums, and why?

I'm doing some worldbuilding, but I haven't decided which races to include. I'd like to see Veeky Forums's opinion on the matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mjON8l510Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=BYlYfcv1EoA
youtube.com/watch?v=WhTHvoWHoXQ&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=CeZgMJ5d45g
youtube.com/watch?v=I8Yod8FFIZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Catgirls.
Gondolas.
Sentient shades of color purple.
Dinosaur people.
Sexy dinosaur people.
Animated twinkies with toxic yet delicious filling.
Robot people.
Sexy robot people.
Decidedly unsexy robot people.
Jews.

I personally think the rarer races are interesting for a character story. Take tieflings for example they're basically hated everywhere which creates interesting dynamics with other NPCs or even PCs

Jews. I love merchant races.

Dragonborn are the best. As the dragonborn, you're linked with the elemtal realm of your ancestor through your breath weapon and resistance against that elemental power. Your +1 charisma is for that dragon unique biological ability to be able to reproduce with other race of your choice. + 2 strength is for when your charisma fail and really want it.

Amazons and chocolate elves are a best.

Chakats, Sergals, Humans, Yinglets, and Kender :^)
in all honesty I do like the basics of sergals, and yinglets make for adorably inept NPCs (though should be very off-limits for PCs)

How would one even play as a Gondola?
Gondola thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=mjON8l510Vg

>not the HD version.
youtube.com/watch?v=BYlYfcv1EoA

kick based monk probably

youtube.com/watch?v=WhTHvoWHoXQ&t=7s

TN monk travelling the world and observing its beauty.

>Dinosaur people.
>Sexy dinosaur people.
what's the difference

Honestly, Gondola is not a fitting PC. They are too passive in their nature.
youtube.com/watch?v=CeZgMJ5d45g

so you're a furry is what you're trying to say.

sometimes they can be more active.

Humans
Undead Civilized races
Orcs, Goblins, Bugbears, those types of things
Mushroomfolk
Kobolds, especially when their Dragon heritage is in the spotlight
Illithids
Dwarves
Just remember, no Elves.

Humans. Other than that, I love the Aasimar and Dragonborn for being great paladins.

could have had like his entire race genocided or something for a story and so the character is on their own or something

Gondola is the best meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=I8Yod8FFIZg

Elves, orcs, any insectoid race, and a fantasy not!robots race

Dwarves are worst, never use them

I beg to differ.

>no Elves
what are you, gay?

I've always liked beastfolk. I thought they were one of the coolest looking races from Duel Masters/Kaijudo.

I like the weirder ones. Literal plant people (think Sylvari from Guild Wars 2), literal rock people, changelings and the like.

But it really depends on what you want to achieve with the different races in your world.

Thread for all gondola enthusiasts.

>posts worst dwarves that are nothing more than memes
thank you for proving my point

How's this guy for your tastes?

Dwarves, Larmacs, Wolfen

Why do you think Dwarf Fortress dwarves the worst dwarves user? I'm not judging you, I only want to understand your point of view.

I love the mini/half giants, as it's a good alternative to half orcs for the really buff race, and I feel D&D did them well with Firbolgs (except how 5e ones look, holy fuck ).

Giants/psuedogiants.
I love playing tanks, and you haven't lived until you've played a giant melee bard who plays viking metal.

Ones a humanoid T-rex, the other is a humanoid T-rex with the T-rex sized dong.

Byzantine Illithids
!Not!Muslim Orcs
Gondola Nomads

>literally just a wide human
do not...ever...speak to me again

He's alright. Better than the typical dwarf stereotype, but trades it for just being a rogue stereotype

/thread

On a related note, despite my hatred of dwarves I thought this game's dorfs were decent enough

Ettins, because two heads are better than one.

Elves or Orcs

Dwarves, but only if the females have a beard.

They're adorable, possibly telepathic/empathic, and they have a tendency to turn up in the damnedest places.

you people are disgusting

Disgusting, but hilarious.

Blondie: In dis wolrd dere's two kinds of people :DD
Dose wit guns and those who digg. You digg. :DD
Tuco: FUG :DDD

Look to memes for inspiration, it can add a new layer of depth to your settings. For example, instead of Orcs my setting has Spurdos.

> My melanin-enriched compatriot.

Anthropomorphic capybaras.

Centaurs or other races with partially unfamiliar physiology; that really nudges the noggin in regards to building a unique culture and civilization. What do their buildings, tools, and clothing look like? How do they integrate with "regular" types and vice versa? How can the PCs use their form to their advantage, and where might it hurt them or cause additional problems to solve?

I like beastfolk, specifically the unapologetically weeaboo furry-lite kawaii neko kind. Haters gonna hate.

Jews, every story needs a good villain race or two.

>no elves

Plantfolk: Myconids/Mushroom Men or Ents.

Nah, mascot suits seem really uncomfortable, and I don't want to fuck the races, just see them played or included in the setting.

Hot blue or green women, possibly with pointy ears. Bonuses to stamina and charisma.
Bird people.
Fish people.
Elves.
Nonhumanoid mineral based race.
Why yes, Ocarina of Time IS my favorite game, however did you guess?

beastfolk for slavery reason

But they have to be really beastly, grills with cat ears wont do.

Goblins, !Not!Chinese Goblins

do you have any idea what you've just asked? Veeky Forums and races is a clusterfuck

Plot twist: Animalistic beastfolk are enslaved by both humans and kemonomimi beastfolk.

Yes, the Backwards City where Beasts walk as Man, and Man live like Beasts.

Kobolds. No magical realm shit, just playing them straight.

In my setting they're called the infinite horde. I run them as malicious vietcong cranked up to 11 and there's always more where they came from.

Despite their frailty, and low strength, and small size, the fact that all their tunnels are trapped to hell and back, and cramped and a tight fit for anything bigger than a goblin means nobody will ever properly clear them out.

They can eat anything and multiply like crazy so easy peasy infinite horde.

I find Halflings underrated.

Of course, many of them like it that way.

Warforged

Until I saw these guys, that is. Stubby is best race.

Cool, sounds like Tucker's Kobolds dialed up to 11.

Glass men, as in, anthropomorphic glass living in the setting's desert, with light and crystal magic and a ton of aesthetic sculptures, murals, and glass art.

Larva mages (worms that walk) are really cool.

>Truly dragon-blooded kobolds
Yesss

Fuckin' DnD has way too much thematic overlap in the "born from dragons" territory, and Kobolds are clearly the best.

>>reddit

Never Fucking mention Chakat ever again