New Warhammer Fantasy Video Game Announced

You guys ready for Diablo Warhammer Fantasy?

bigben-group.com/news/last-news/bigben-licence-warhammer/

>Bigben and Games Workshop are happy to announce their partnership for the development of a consoles and PC game based on the renowned Warhammer Fantasy Battles IP.

>This adaptation of the franchise will be the first Hack and Slash game to unfold in the Warhammer world. The game takes place in the Old World, a dark and bloody continent devastated by the wars against Chaos. Dive into the heart of the Warhammer story, become a hero and battle to survive the desolation.

>The French studio Eko Software, known for attracting millions of survivors in the How to Survive series, was entrusted with the new Warhammer Fantasy Battles adaptation.

>“We are very pleased to work with Games Workshop developing a game which draws from the incredible potential of the Warhammer world. The Eko Software and Bigben teams have long been fans of this franchise from day one, including myself. Warhammer Fantasy Battles is well suited to offer players something quite innovative in the timeless Hack and Slash genre.” affirmed Benoit Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben.
“We’re really pleased to start this new partnership with Bigben, and this project will be an amazing opportunity for gamers to experience an epic story in the first Hack and Slash game set in the classic Warhammer Fantasy world. Eko did a great job with their How To Survive series and we’re confident they are going to do something amazing with our IP. I know the Bigben and Eko staff are massive fans of our lore and I can’t wait to see what they come up with.” declared Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop.
Additional information on the story, playable races, key realms and geography, the platforms and the game title will be unveiled shortly.

Might be alright, weird that Fantasy is getting more attention from game studios now.

>Kill off WHFB
>Replace with Sigmar
>Suddenly make WHFB games (TW:W, this)
>????
>WHY

It's like even GW realizes that AoS has shit fluff and a storyline which makes no sense and isn't engaging enough to serve as the setting for a game. So instead they use WHFB since it's actually got a decent background. kek

It's not gw shopping out games, it's companies coming to them asking for the licence.

Why turn down free cash from your dead IP?

I really don't get this whole "lets commission WHFB games instead of AoS games" thing. An AoS focused video game would only bring more actual people into the table top, help give a perspective to AoS that people might need due to its unique feel, and also be a far more fresh product than something set in WHFB since (by no real fault of the Old World setting) so much has been influenced by the Old World setting.

As for this game, based on the small-time developers and these past few Warhammer games with small-time developers, it's probably gonna suck. In terms of actual details it doesn't seem to say whether it's going Diablo hack n slash or Devil May Cry/God Of War hack n slash though.

diablo is not "hack n slash"

"hack n slash" is more like the dynasty warriors games

>Warhammer fantasy warriors
>You can play as a lizardmen cutting through swathes of filthy ratmen
This is all I want.

>it's companies coming to them asking for the licence
Oh, but how does this process work? Is it just a coincidence that it's all of a sudden WHFB stuff? Maybe with it dead, does WHFB become easier to work with from a IP perspective?

At that speed they will make a movie about WHFB in the next decade.

Fuck off, Diablo was originally referred to as a hack n slash. It's not a fucking musou.

Its really, really simple, actually: GW is deathly affraid of player bases switching over from table top to PC. They see any video game as competition to their main product line, and theorize that if people buy too much of their videogames, no one will buy any of their actual mini's.

This is the #1 reason they will never, EVER license a video game thats a 1:1 copy of the table top. Even RTS like DoW and Total War were put on the back burner, simply because GW was terrified that their playerbase would switch over. Its only now have they realized how much money this could produce, and WHFB has presented itself as the perfect subject.

See, since WHFB is no longer a game, they no longer fear that a video game will replace it, since there is nothing to replace anymore. It's a net gain on their side, and occasionally, some one will buy into AoS, or buy the models because of it.

I know what you're saying but the genre name has always been pretty shit and people have used it to refer to everything from Diablo to God of War to Musou to Dark Souls. There are better genre names for pretty much all of these. These days I think ARPG is the more commonly used term for diablo-likes.

Will be interesting to see what this game is like. WHF isn't exactly single-dude survival friendly.

It's less a sudden change in WHFB which caused this sudden move, as it is GW's treatment of their IPS and franchising for gaming which did. No more THQ to hoard all the rights anymore.

Probably shit. Most GW games in the last 10 years have been either shit or meh, with only a few stand-outs.

>WHF isn't exactly single-dude survival friendly.

They won't care about that for vidya. If they managed it with Captain Genericus of the Ultrasmurfs in Space Marine, they'll manage the same shit with FB.

So disappointed to see Old World. Any of the other regions would be a lot more interesting a game, but I understand that it's harder to market a game of "You can be a lizard person, a dark elf, or a rat person."

Yeah, now we get super interesting "you can be a dwarf, and elf or a European human", because we've never seen that in a game literally ever.

Actually though there were Empire humans in the New World, and Amazons too. Chaos Warriors are up in the far north above that Dark Elf kindgom, there are Orcs and goblins scattered all over, and High Elves could conceivably be found there too.

They became more lax with handing out their IP's. Thought the contracts they make are still watertight and GW can use everything from the game to their hearts content.

If you want to do a game in 40k setting all you need to do is present them your ideas and they might let you do it.

If I make a 40k themed gacha game for android/iphone do you think they'd give me the license

This is shit marketing.
1) Models are a DIFFERENT product to vidya
2) vidya isnt even expensive anymore so it frees up pocket money for models
3) games advertise models

If GW really believes games compete for their model money they are as dumb as we thought.

I'm really inclined to agree with this. This is the same kinda shit we hear about piracy.

If someone prefers to play the vidya instead of the wargame, they probably weren't that interested in the wargame much to begin with. then there's those people who like playing both and then there's those that start off via the vidya because they're more easily accessible and you learn more about the lore and then gradually move to the wargame.

Speaking for myself, I'm the last one. I didn't know jack shit about 40k AT ALL (only knew it existed) until about 2008 when a friend told me about Dawn of War. I played it, loved it and a year later I was painting my first squad of plastic crack.

Also what I meant with the first is that a LOT of people prefer to start off with something easier like the vidya and then either their interest grows to include the wargame or their interest fizzled out or is satisfied with just the vidya.

Age of Sigmar talk aside, I wonder over the main chaacter.

Best choices for a hack n' slash game would be a dwarf slayer, a blood dragon, a norse berserker or an elf swordmaster. Anything else would feel weird.

I love fantasy and 40k but GW are complete shameless whores who will sell their license to anyone. I have 0 faith in any Warhammer game anymore.

I also own basically all of them.
>TFW contributing to the problem

Which ones are bad? TWW is fantastic.

>I have 0 faith in any Warhammer game anymore.

Where have you been the past year?

There have been more Warhammer video games after DoW 2 than there have been before that game came out, despite the after period being much shorter. Yes it's great that more Warhammer games come out due to GW's more lax policy, but it also means that a lot more crap is coming out as well. Since DoW2, the only ones I would consider legit worth playing are Vermintide, Mordheim, and TWW (provided you can get past its shitty DLC policy.)

Spacehulk was a mess on launch and it only currently fixed by doing the beta patch. I wanted to like vermintide so bad but it was meh. Mordheim is shit. Straight shit. No strategy whatsoever just murderballing. Blood bowl wasn't my cup of tea but idk how it relates to the the ttg. Eternal crusade went ftp in like a month it was and is still so unplayable.

There are two that I haven't played:battlefleet gothica (which I heard sucked), and regicide which just doesn't look fun. I'm sure there are some that I missed but other than Total war (which is good because it's Total war) they aren't good.

Didn't Gav Thorpe once outright admit that GW has never even once managed to intelligently manage their IP's, even on accident.

If you can't market
>YOU'RE AN AZTEK DINO
>RIDING OTHERDINOS.
You should get a nice cup of bleach and mcKillYurself for being an idiot.

Regicide is chess with extra rules, fun if its your cup of tea

Battlefleet is very fun unless you cant figure out how to play effectively.

Name 1 Warhammer Fantasy game that is bad.

Mark of Chaos is mediocre at worst.

post yfw it's a gotrek and felix game

I think you underestimate how much retarded normalfags won't buy something unless it's elves, dudes, and dwarves.

>implying lizardmen will ever be playable

Youll get Empire and Dwarves and maybe wood elves and youll gonna be liking it, how dare you want to play non poster boy races.

Now eat your Sigmarines

At least Total Warhammer is getting lizards.

Mordheim was bad. Mechanically bad. Literally just put all of your guys into a group, run in grab as much wyrdstone as you can, and run out/kill everyone else.

No strategy whatsoever and the awful rules did nothing to encourage strategy. I never played the tabletop game but if it's anything like the video game, I'm glad.

t. Someone that completed two campaigns without losing a single soldier except on story missions.

Chaos Warriors are in Lustria too, look up Skeggi.

High Elves also have outposts in Lustria.

>AoS
>unique feel,
kek
Also, may be devs doesn't want to work with AoS IP

vermintide is meh,

Another GW game going to a nothing developer.

CA is making the New World right now.
Maybe if CAs Expansion is popular, which it definitly will be, the firstTW:W was the best selling total war game ever IIRC and the next one has HIgh Elves and Skaven two of the most popular factions, along with the also popular Dark Elves, other devs will follow suit.

I mean this isnt exactly news but all these new warhammer games have been coming in after Vermintide was mostly a success.

Maybe we can at least get a Lustria expansion for this or for Vermintide of Total Warhammer: New World manages to make tons of shekels.

I just want to be a Dinosaur that kills rats

My spawn-brother.

Slay the all in Sotek's name!
If a campaign where you control tehenhuain vs. Lord Nurglich comes with TW:NW, I'll finally forgive them for making Chaos a day1 dlc.

I'm really looking forward to be able to play either an Imperial, a Chaos marauder, and if we're really lucky an orc and a dwarf!
(lol not really faggots)

That is what the mordheim tabletop skirmsih game was about user.
They captured it perfectly.

Battlefleet is pretty fun.

a warhammer inspired diablo clone needs to be an ork game, would make sense why you're constantly picking weapons off the ground and other shiny things.

Not him, BUT Mordheim flopped because of the terrible camera angle. As much as I wanted to enjoy it, I hated constantly flipping from third person to map view and back over and over to make sure my guys were going in the right direction.

It also REALLY slowed the game down.

Should have gone for a XCOM-like camera angle and that game could've been phenomenal.

>I really don't get this whole "lets commission WHFB games instead of AoS games" thing. An AoS focused video game would only bring more actual people into the table top, help give a perspective to AoS that people might need due to its unique feel
That's because the AoS setting is pure trash.

>AoS
even GW now realizes that AoS was a mistake

>Propose a survival game in the vein of Rust or Ark, but Gorkamorka
Who would play that?

Now THAT would fit perfectly.

It wasn't, the game itself plays way better than whfb. People are just upset that a new games story isn't as intricate as a game that had over 20 years of history, but that will come.

Should just make a Warhammer Quest adaptation.

Even a 1-1 adaptation like the BloodBowl games would be fantastic, fleshing it out even further with extra RPG-esque rules would be great.

>isn't as intricate
You are right in saying that comparing 20 years of lore to one year is unfair in terms of quantity.
Mos people take issue with the quality however.

And that is a fair criticism.
WHFB had a very down to earth setting vaguely inspired by history and literature.
AoS feels like a pissing contest about coming up with the biggest superlatives that are so far removed from what most people can relate to it seems utterly pointless and void of any meaning.
There are no stakes anymore.

Vermintide is an excellent game. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise, starting my Cata run soon.

They followed the essence of the tabletop game, if you don't like that then you don't like Mordheim.

>muh "realistic down to earth high fantasy that's been done 1000000000x" is somehow less original than an extremely high fantasy setting
That's great that you prefer something more down to earth and less overthetop. Now go back to WHFB, LOTR, DnD, Warcraft, Conan, Shannarah, Wheel Of Time, etc.

>It wasn't, the game itself plays way better than whfb
No it doesn't

Yes it does. It's far better balanced so far for the units that do exist, without having the overtly stiff rules WHFB does for things like movement.

I want a DOOM game, featuring Nakaï during the great war against chaos !

>It's far better balanced so far for the units that do exist
>AoS
>balanced in any way
Hilarious

Just that none of the other examples is anything like Warhammer.
Warhammer is a kitchen sink where you can find a lot of High Fantasy stuff with historical analogies.

Basically Warhammer is a world that says "Ok what if all that very high fantasy stuff existed in the world, how much would that suck for you if you were an average joe?" and then have a bit of humor about it.

Lotr is simmilar but by far not as high fantasy, you cant even compare the others to it.

Its actually age of sigmar that comes from a setting idea that is over done.
Just not in fantasy.
AoS is capeshit. Look at any american capeshit comic and youll find the same thing. Superlatives thrown against each other to the point where nothing matters anymore.

It doesnt lend itself ot a wargame.
If you have no base of comparison, the entire scale of a conflict becomes meaningless.

It was originally a H&S because you hit for every mouse click.

>AoS is capeshit
Says the guy who knows nothing about AoS.
Or good comics.
Thanks for trying? You may get people who haven't played the game, like saying Warmahordes has no conversion potential.

>Warhammer is a kitchen sink where you can find a lot of High Fantasy stuff with historical analogies.
So...like LOTR, DnD, Elder Scrolls, Conan, etc. that all have a lot of high fantasy stuff with historical real world analogies?

>AoS is capeshit. Look at any american capeshit comic and youll find the same thing. Superlatives thrown against each other to the point where nothing matters anymore.
So you have no clue what you're talking about? It's certainly not rooted in capeshit. But rather, it's rooted more in actual mythology and how mythological figures were often portrayed and perceived by other people, some of which does exude in capeshit as well. There's nothing wrong with it either. The superlatives don't lose meaning, these characters are just on that sort of mythological level compared to the average person.

>It doesnt lend itself ot a wargame.
Because Warhammer is SUCH a wargame, right? Nah, fuck off with that. Warhammer has never been a full on wargame, especially not WHFB with its overt support of RPG mechanics. If you actually gave a damn about wargaming the way you're pretending to, Warhammer wouldn't even be on your radar.

>If you have no base of comparison, the entire scale of a conflict becomes meaningless.
But there is...feats, who the characters are, etc. Have you actually read anything related to AoS?

Much more balanced than WHFB was where certain factions like Beastmen or Bretonnia were borderline unusable unless. Nor something like WoC/Elves who are just so far above every other army it was pointless to compare. There's far less of that kind of inequality in AoS.

>Bretonnia were borderline unusable unless
Tournament winner too. It hasn't been updated but far from weak.

>AoS is capeshit
This. Anyone saying it's from nordic mythology actually got his knowledge of mythology from capeshit.

Any army can win a local tournament. Winning actual competitive tourneys where the other person also actually knows wtf they are doing with Brets? Lmao okay sure I believe you.

>I have never played WHFB: the post

Please just let me play as Lizardmen or Tomb Kings or Ogres

I'm so fucking sick of Empire, Orcs, Chaos, and Dwarves in every single Warhammer game

>So...like LOTR, DnD, Elder Scrolls, Conan, etc. that all have a lot of high fantasy stuff with historical real world analogies?
Nope since neither of them have charm of early Renaissance
>It's certainly not rooted in capeshit.
user even AoS authors said they were inspired by Marvel Asgard and DC New Gods. Shit even Azyrheim is clear copy of Asgard, citadel of demigods in golden armor builded around planetoid
>But rather, it's rooted more in actual mythology
>Sigmar acting like Marvel Thor than actual God
>steampunk dwarfs
>shitton of magitech
>actual mythology
Yeah sure
>There's nothing wrong with it either. The
Sure because there is no differences between actual mythology and american comis for kids

>It's far better balanced so far for the units that do exist,
Say it to vanila greenskinsz, fireslayers almost all Order mortals.

>actual mythology and how mythological figures were often portrayed and perceived by other people
t.comic book reader

If you look at Greek Mythology or especialy nordic mythology youll find out that the gods were portrayed more or less like ordinary humans. With their mythical feats ofthen beeing nonsensical not in their display of power but rather their impossibility.

The Sigmarines have very little in common with the Germanic Einherjar.
For one, Odin knew he was going to lose in the end, this is an important part missing form the puzzle. The EInherjar werent all powerfull, far from it, they were just dudes, as they died, they lived on, but in the end they were doomed to fall in a pointless battle.
Thats a very Germanic outlook on metaphysics.

Greek Mythology is basically WHFB, the Gods are all important, if not neccesarily all powerfull, but at the same time incredibly petty, Greek Myth was all about average dudes dealing with the Gods petty nature , it is the polar opposit of AoSwhere the mortals mostly stand aside the conflicts of god like beeing.

Greek Gods would ofthen interfere into Mortal affairs to spark conflicts that go in the favor of their favored people, Nordic mythology is a bit different, Odin spars conflict *Just* to generate more dead for his army.

And guess why that is. Because the people discribing mythology were average joes. So their stories revolved around beeing influenced by said gods.
Stop reading Comic Books and look at stuff like the Illias or the Edda, they are both entertaining in their own right.

>Because Warhammer is SUCH a wargame, right?
Yeah, its such a not wargame, its not like it had proper army organization or line units, its not like it had formations and rules for untis routing and beeing charged in the rear.
All stuff that AoS doesnt have. AoS is a game about battling, not war.
The RPG part of Warhammer comes from fantasy, its exactly as ive said, its about the average joe against terrifyign high fantasy.

Lizardmen are a safe bet. Tomb Kings might be DLC, Ogre Kingdoms might not make it into game 2 depending on how they structure their releases.

For what its worth there arent enaugh factions left for 2 games. Game 1 had what? 8 factions in total? Theres 16 in 8th edition including Chaos Dwarves but excluding Chaos Divided.
Even if they make an entire game about Chaos they got no more DLC factions left.

My guess is that well get most non chaos factions in game 2 and game 3 will be a big ass overhaul.

>that's been done 1000000000x
user, "muh "realistic down to earth high fantasy" has done much less than "generic noblebright mess of all popular cliche".
Also, since we are talking about video games should I remind who are most awarded game of all time?

*were borderline unusable unless they had support from other better armies

The nordic mythology thing comes mainly from how the worlds are split. Not to mention that Sigmar is closer to mythology Thor and Odin in power level than the even more powerful capeshit versions.

Still haven't given any citations of Bretonnia winning a serious legit tournament in the past decade or so.

>Nope since neither of them have charm of early Renaissance
That only counts for Empire though. Absolutely nothing else is influenced by early Renaissance.

>user even AoS authors said they were inspired by Marvel Asgard and DC New Gods. Shit even Azyrheim is clear copy of Asgard, citadel of demigods in golden armor builded around planetoid
Mythology Asgard was like this as well though. Being something so grandiose that the guy who created the nine realms (Odin) couldn't help finish it, and had to get the help of a Giant who wanted the Sun, Moon, and Freya in return for finishing the damn thing. Asgard has always been overthetop.

>Yeah sure
See, based on what you have said earlier and what you tried to imply here, I think you're missing the point. We are talking about the atmosphere and feel of the setting, not the individual content itself. Having that variety of content in AoS is how it sets itself apart, it's not trying to go for an exact copypaste. For example Sigmar, who's something in between Odin and Thor (much closer to their myth variants than their Marvel ones btw. Marvel ones are closer to the Chaos Gods in power level than anything.

Vanilla greenskinz can mob pretty well. Fyreslayers actually have the saves to actually be viable unlike their shitty WHFB counterparts.

>unique feel
You mean actual fanfiction? Do you see the mental gymnastics you go through to say it's not worse than nearly anything GW has done? age of smegmatm

>With their mythical feats ofthen beeing nonsensical not in their display of power but rather their impossibility.
What? You just pulled this one out of your ass. No shit they are supposed to be doing nearly impossible shit. That's what makes them mythological heroes.

>The Sigmarines have very little in common with the Germanic Einherjar.
Again, like the other guy, the concept of atmosphere/feel vs actual content completely goes over your head. I have no clue why everything needs to be 1:1 exactly the same, it's part of what makes a setting original for it to not be that way. Not to mention that capeshit Einherjar are far closer to myth Einherjar than Sigmarines as well.

>Greek Mythology is basically WHFB, the Gods are all important, if not neccesarily all powerfull, but at the same time incredibly petty, Greek Myth was all about average dudes dealing with the Gods petty nature
WHFB has jack shit to do with petty gods any more than any other WH setting. Hell, I would argue now that all the "gods" are anthropomorphized in AoS, it only makes it more like Greek mythology where you get to see individual aspects of them and their kinda human flaws akin to Greek Myth.

>Greek Gods would ofthen interfere into Mortal affairs to spark conflicts that go in the favor of their favored people, Nordic mythology is a bit different, Odin spars conflict *Just* to generate more dead for his army.
That's great, and this honestly fits AoS more due to the direct involvement of Sigmar, Gorkamorka, etc. Unlike WHFB where these guys were mostly worship figures, here they are actually interfering akin to Greek Myth where they often take humanoid forms.

>Yeah, its such a not wargame, its not like it had proper army organization or line units, its not like it had formations and rules for untis routing and beeing charged in the rear.
Not to the extent a more realistic historical wargame does. Warhammer has always been shit at this, and has excelled in the realm of skirmish.

>has been done much less
>proceeds to post a picture that proves my point
That's great, and the most influential fantasy works of all time that are far bigger than The Witcher or LOTR or WHFB all have the same feel that AoS does.

>Do you see the mental gymnastics you go through to say it's not worse than nearly anything GW has done?
Please, do tell what mental gymnastics are going on. Every single facet brought up by others in this topic so far has been their own, kinda shallow viewpoint on things. "Oh no! It's not 100% like muh mythologies!" "Oh no! It's not down to earth fantasy!" "Oh no! It's going further away from wargaming even though Warhammer as a series has always specialized in skirmishes and interesting powers than actual wargame tactics!"

You guys pretend to act like you're hardcore wargamers from an old time or whatever, but you not only don't know shit about wargaming, but also probably didn't invest as much in WHFB as you claim to based on its sales.

>Realistic down to earth

But it isnt realistic down to earth.
And thats good.
Basically there are two types of fantasy right now.
Theres "We want the game of thrones audience" and despite beeing a good game and a good setting,t his is what Witcher is.
And then theres "We want the comic book audience".

WHFB is none of that, WHFB has high fantasy contrasted by a mundane world. Compared to low fantasy settings like Game of Thrones and whatever the latest fantasy abortion is called.

Thats what makes it unqiue, i cant actually think of another recent setting that does anything like it.
>Thor, Odin, Sigmar
I actually disagree. The power levels of mythological figures were all over the place. Half the time they were normal dudes, then they were ridiculously "strong" in whatever their thing was. Tho "strong" doesnt translate to "Powerfull" neccesarily. Their feats were ofthen to acomplish stuff that was impossible.
Like making a string out of an egg laid by a Cock.
>That only counts for Empire though. Absolutely nothing else is influenced by early Renaissance

What are all the other human factions that arent Bretons. And even Bretons are renaissance when their navy is concerned.
What are Vampire counts. What are Chaos Chosen with thei rrenaissance level plate armor?
>Mythology Asgard was like this as well though
Not realy. It was over the top in an entierly different way.
Norse mythology was never realy about immensity or insane power levels beyond mortals, some of that stuff did happen but mostly its down to individual stories and again, things that just arent possible.

> We are talking about the atmosphere and feel of the setting,
>That only counts for Empire though.

Wew lad. Its almost as if you are biased because you play AoS.
No. the Overall feeling of AoS has nothing mythology like simply because mortals are so irrelevant in it. Mythology was always about the contrast between mortals and gods.

>flying across the planet in a ramshackle buggy with your boys piled in the back to take another tribe's base.
Me. Give it to me now you grot!

This would fit way better in AoS. The Silver Tower already is a good setting for a Diablo like game.

>Half the time they were normal dudes, then they were ridiculously "strong" in whatever their thing was.
So...you mean like Sigmar or really any other fantasy entity like Gandalf or a comic book character or a lot of Warhammer characters in general or whoever that's in a humanoid body but is capable of doing crazy stuff? Still not seeing how Sigmar is any different from this idea.

>And even Bretons are renaissance when their navy is concerned.
So is the navy style of every generic high fantasy thing as the medieval stuff they are often based on didn't have much navy stuff to go off of.

>What are Vampire counts. What are Chaos Chosen with thei rrenaissance level plate armor?
Both are heavily inspired from gothic medieval styles.

> Its almost as if you are biased because you play AoS.
Well, shit, turns out if you actually play something, you know what you're talking about. It's almost like people that experience something know more about it especially compared to those that have a more outsider and thus more ignorant view on it.

>Mythology was always about the contrast between mortals and gods.
Yes, and it never had to constantly focus on direct mortal/god interactions though (Norse Mythology, a lot of Greek mythology not related to the more popular books like Illiad, certain stories in Hindu/Egyptian myths, etc.)

>That only counts for Empire though.
And for all Old World, and Aztec-like lizards, and alves who build real colonial empire.
>Mythology Asgard was like this as well though.
Prove it. Also don't forget to bring sources where asgardians pictured as black skinned greeks who wears WoW paladin set.
>Asgard has always been overthetop.
But only Marvel Asgard was builded around lifeless planetoid
>We are talking about the atmosphere and feel of the setting, not the individual content itself.
Individual content creating atmosphere and feels, through visual design (art and models) and through writting (well here AoS mostly just 40k in fanatsy).
>it's not trying to go for an exact copypaste
Yeah it's trying to catch as many mainstream cliches as it's possible, Garren from LoL, Skybreaker, Kel'Thusad and frozen throne from WoW, Space Marines from 40k, asgardians from Thor

>The Witcher or LOTR or WHFB all have the same feel that AoS does.
Where?

>But it isnt realistic down to earth.
But it is, noble elves from Ulthuan are actual decadents (unlike noldors), servants of the Old Ones are usual mortals guided by the slanns.
>Theres "We want the game of thrones audience"
Well nope, in video games current trend establish itself through Witcher and Soulsborne series, only DA tried to copy GoT.
>And then theres "We want the comic book audience".
Name one except Legion

No dev want to do this, because AoS is a shitty setting.

Why not Warmachine ? It's more popular than AoS at least.

>There's supposed to be 3 whtw games
>all the missing factions are going to be added in the second one
You guys ready for stormcast eternals in the third release, age of sigmar total war?

>talks about having bias
>shows bias
Your entire post is laughable and just straight up wrong

>Gandalf
>ridiculously "strong" in whatever their thing was.
Seriously?
>Yes, and it never had to constantly focus on direct mortal/god interactions though (Norse Mythology, a lot of Greek mythology not related to the more popular books like Illiad, certain stories in Hindu/Egyptian myths, etc.)
You fucking kidding me? Almost all main Greeks myths and legends had mortal hero and his quest

>Aztec
>implying that Aztecs didn't exist for the most of it during non-renaissance times and weren't practically non-existent during most of it
Aztecs are more of a sign of medieval and older than they are renaissance. Not an uncommon style of things btw judging by Conan or Elder Scrolls which also have more exotic empires designated by weird animal creatures.

>Elves
>colonial empire
You mean like how you had elves make a giant move in every other fantasy setting as well? Mainly due to multiple types of elves, this is a common high fantasy setting trope.

>Prove it.
I literally gave you the story source about how the Aesir had to get help from Giant to finish building it, and how Loki tricks said Giant. It sounds like you know your Norse myth unless you aren't the other guy. Go ahead look it up.

>Also don't forget to bring sources where asgardians pictured as black skinned greeks who wears WoW paladin set.
He's not black in the comic books. And also you're missing the point again.

>But only Marvel Asgard was builded around lifeless planetoid
Asgard in comics is created after the establishment and creation of Midgard just like the actual myth.

>Individual content creating atmosphere and feels, through visual design (art and models) and through writting (well here AoS mostly just 40k in fanatsy).
Yes, but there's sometimes interesting mixing going on like
>Yeah it's trying to catch as many mainstream cliches as it's possible, Garren from LoL, Skybreaker, Kel'Thusad and frozen throne from WoW, Space Marines from 40k, asgardians from Thor
None of those so called cliches are unique nor innovated by those you mentioned. Not only that, none of them are necessarily mainstream cliches. WHFB's darker grounded fantasy is the hippest thing out right now (Game Of Thrones in TV/literature, Witcher Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls in video games, the Silmarillion stories adapted into the newer Hobbit movies)AoS isn't enough of a copycat of capeshit to get that crowd

>AoS isn't enough of a copycat of capeshit to get that crowd
AoS can't get that crowd because it's bad, not because it doesn't try to. For fucks sake even the authors admitted their influence has mainly be capeshit.

>their influence has mainly be capeshit.

Links plox?

Reread the whole sentence. If your argument is of winning awards or quality in terms of style, AoS' mythological style is already shown to be far more timeless compared to the grounded style of The Witcher or WHFB.

>Seriously?
>reality warper that's effortlessly cutting down mountains
>not also by far the most powerful member of the Fellowship and among his own Maiar

>You fucking kidding me? Almost all main Greeks myths and legends had mortal hero and his quest
Bruh, almost if not all of Thegony is the interactions of non-mortals with each other.

You are a GW shill, enjoy your life giving money to a company on par with EA.

You are an actual bullshitter. That could not be further from the truth.
>the most influential fantasy works of all time that are far bigger than The Witcher or LOTR or WHFB all have the same feel that AoS does.
Do you think anyone but you buys that bullshit?

But the setting is far more overthetop in its presentation than in its actual content akin to mythological stuff. The feats in the books so far are above movie capeshit stuff, but far below comic book capeshit stuff. They capture none of the feeling nor actual interactions of either. Capeshit has a lot of pondering related to a person's normal life compared to their "heroic" stuff or some of the more weird cosmic stuff related to characters like Silver Surfer or Thanos. Capeshit is first and foremost character focused not plot focused. None of this is part of AoS. AoS focuses much more on big overthetop events or moments of trickery, similar to mythology.

>Capeshit has a lot of pondering related to a person's normal life compared to their "heroic" stuff
>AoS posterboys are uplifted mortals losing their personality every time they die
It's budget character play but it's still a try