/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 19 (1d26)

Plastic Thunderhawk confirmed edition
There is no peace amongst the general, only an eternity of autism and cancer, and the laughter of shitposting anons subedition

ECs and IFs are cars, Acted the Red of the II doesn't exist, Perpetual vaginas have a 2++. Curze's bedroom corpse piles are /comfy/ as fuck, also, TSons aren't allowed flyers, Primarchs, AA, Vets, legion rules, robots, psykers or bolters and have to play chess instead of 40k. Lorgar said some dumb shit. [Every Legion] are OP pls nerfs. Meme map, people hate me, legion painting guide for Rainbow Warriors and finally Thunderhawks are less killy than Stormbirds >READ, BY THE SCANANON, READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discord.gg/HuC8CGT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3RWdHteSw
youtu.be/n-XpvjSLmu8
youtu.be/ihskUz0obzY?t=1119
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do Mk IV ass marine legs look like... ass?

Even generic plastic squatmarine legs look more dynamic.

Plastic Thunderhawk incoming.

So much will it be? Baneblade price?

anymore leaks

Threadly reminder that you will either kneel before the Warmaster or die.

Heh, thanks.
Aha, but what of it? I was thinking in redoing it Dante's Inferno style, but they're too many circles of Heaven/Hell/Purgatory I don't know what to fill them with.
Everything would be labeled "user" :^)

>Warlord Trait: Hammerstrike Assault
>One chosen infantry unit gains Deep strike and can reroll it
Nope, the +1 to sweep and Vehicle damage is a rule he gives due to him existing, not because he's the warlord.

>Dynat's Theme Song (alleged)
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3RWdHteSw

Only this old thing.

I love all that new retro shebang.

youtu.be/n-XpvjSLmu8

Fits allmost all spess muhreens, but maybe IH more? Lacks their cyber-reeing though.

Hey guys, here's an idea I had:
>play Alpha Legion
>pick loyalist allegiance for the army
>wait until Angelus comes out
>pick Coils Of The Hydra rite of war
>select a Dark Angels unit as the rewards of treachery choice
Boom, loyalist dark angels. What do you think? Reasonable? Or too lore-breaking?

Place your bets on the name(s) of the alternative variant(s) in the kit. Take into account that Stormhawk already exists.

I put 5 internets on Deathhawk.

Swordhawk
Hammerhawk
Anvilhawk
Hawkhawk
Bloodhawk

I think that loyalty is its own reward, user.

Thunderhawk Transporter

>I put 5 internets on Deathhawk.
With a name like that you just know the Dark Angels will never be able to take them.

Banehawk, Doomhawk, Deathhawk, Shadowhawk...

Anyone got any more?

Psi-hawk?

Hawkhawk.

Boom. Send me the cheque GW.

Of course not, DA get a Metatron Gun Church.

Thundereagle.
Thunderclaw.
Thunderfalcon.
Thunderbuzzard.
Thudnerbluefootedbooby.

oh jesus christ

next up, psi-baneblades?

Eaglehawk
Dreadhawk
Hawkathrax (for Mechanicum)
Thunderbane

So considering that the plastic thunderhawk is inbound, what's the best way to use it?

Obviously flying D is a big deal but can't be used in 3000 points except by Dorn.

I'm considering for white Scars a plain thunderhawk with a flare shield and armored cockpit carrying bikes might actually be pretty cool

I want Epic Thunderwrens.

>So considering that the plastic thunderhawk is inbound, what's the best way to use it?

Mastrubating to ofcourse, what else ? Thunderhawk best waifu

magos no, don't put your dick in the thunderhawk, that isn't how you consecrate it!

youtu.be/ihskUz0obzY?t=1119

Hawkwolf

>cheque
:^)

Hawkarax

hey /hhg the beast is almost ready for primer, so as promised ( a long while ago) here's a new pic, i wanted to use it as the personal ride for my purple marines chaptermaster in 40k but it's almost a waist off al the effort to use it for that.

it's a bit late in the process but i think i will use it for 30k,either WE or IW. i love the world eaters colorscheme and i like painting white, bu tnot on large flat surfaces. iron wariors becouse i like tanks and hazzard stripes. wich one should i pick /hhg?

also, i made this rapier from the land raiders leftover lascannons, i traded the mk IV bits for the crew for some other bits with a friend

Build it as a transporter, paint it in TS corvidae colours, and steal your opponent's vehicles with it. The rules don't say it's limited to picking up friendly vehicles, after all.

Eh, Psi Warhounds are already a thing and there's Canix Vertex.
Are the Ordo Sinister's 40k Twelve Imperators PSI Imperators, though? Or perhaps they are but it's a secret ;^)

Tempestfalcon
Lightningvulture
Hurricaneshrike
Squallgull
Tornadopenguin

Put a few techmarines in there to repair any damage it takes.

Phonepoting at the moment. Can LoW get benefits from RoWs and such that affect primary detachment?

Thunderhawk a cute. Cute!
Superior to all other waifus.
>Alright my Lord, fine! Primarchs won't be female...BUT WHAT ABOUT THUNDERHAWKS?
>Fund it
>Yassss

Don't forget the Firehawk, Hellhawk, Hammerhawk, and Tonyhawk.

So THIS was why FW somehow expected us to buy Transporters over a Gunship.

>Tornadopenguin
Sounds like one of those generic MGSV codenames, Stormpelican

I want my marines to be ferried into battle by a Tonyhawk.

>mfw an user sent me the metal model of this one plus the gorgeous Gamesday exalted Champion of Chaos for the /wip/ Secret Santa

Really glad I participated again.

Are wings on a DP a must? I really like the look of of a plain huge mutated deamon Marines with the vents on his back, but he feels a bit of a sitting duck without wings.

I was going more by Megaman X maverick names, but that works as well.

I guess it fits SM...but somehow it also reminds me of Men In Black?

In HH? No idea, I've never seen anybody actually run a prince, not even the local WB guy that usually brings an assload of daemons.
In 40k they are a must, yes.

Ok then, I certainly need to work on my Matrix Vulturax twins if there's going to be eighty bloody Thunderhawks cruising around. IIRC, they're basically flying Shadowswords with transport capacity statwise?

On the upside, I can loot it for all the Filiketos parts In The World.

>Tornadopenguin

>There'll be a model for Dorn's vehicle before Dorn himself

Its a special kind of pain.

How many Vulturax squads are enough/too many, and how strong? Someone had a game where a single one blew up a Spartan and remained impune all game long, right?
And strangely referred to that Vultarax as "she". Stratopucci much?

You did my sunday

> "Volcanoes aren't the only thing erupting on Mars tonight, my sweet, sweet Thunderhawk..."

> "What was that magos?"

> "N-nothing..."

i'm taking 2 in my reductor list as 2 separate maniples, i dont think that would be too oppressive but we'll see when it gets played(a long time from now)

Comic or the film/series?

I totally agree with the general sentiment though.
I really like cybermods though, fits shadowrun a lot..the song.

>Shadowhawk
This is actually a thing for the Raven Guard.

Film/series, I didn't read the comics wasn't aware

Can they repair from the inside? That'd be pretty cool

I wasnt eithrr, but thanks to /co/ I got shown that the original stuff is a lot darker/more intense.

Hey folks, I need anti-AV14 , ant can't decide between Lightning and Sicaran Venator. What would you guys choose?

Why? They've got a horrible crash record and are prone to excessive spinning.

Current iteration of my iron hands force.

Head of the Gorgon (3000)

HQ: Orth (80)

Elites: Gorgon terminator squad, 5 terminators plus hammerbearer. 1 chainfist, 2 powerfists, 2 power axes, hammerbearer has cyber familiar. (265)
Spartan assault tank, heavy flamer hull mount, lascannons sponsons, armored ceramite, flare shield, dozer blade (375)

Quad launchers battery, 2 guns with shatter shells (140)

Contemptor cortus with chainfist, gravity gun, kheres assault cannon (175)

Veteran tactical squad, 5 combi plasmas. Sgt has artificer armor, combi plasma, power fist. Rhino with multimelta (295 )

Troops
2 tac squads, 10 men each. Sgts have artificer and combi meltas, rhinos with multimeltas (195 each)

Tac support squad, 4 plasma gunners, Sgt has artificer and combi plasma, rhino with multimelta(280)

Heavy support
Whirlwind scorpius (115)
Sicaran venator (190)
Deredeo with autocannon and missile launcher (220)

LoW
Ferrus Manus (455)

Fortification
Aegis with comm relay (70)

Should I drop some stuff to add more gorgons? Or maybe make them cataphracts?

Oh, vet squad has 10 members

So what would you consider an appropriate point cost for the Thunderhawk? Obviously 800 points makes it fucking useless, as it's nowhere near a Reaver in usefulness.

495 ;^)

Venator isn't so much for AV14, but instead against superheavies you need to stun. A lightning can kill if there's no AA interceptor that impedes it

Yes. It's even better in 40k where techmarines are ICs and servitors give bonus to all techmarines in a unit. So just have a few techmarines together with a few servitors, and that thing isn't coming down unless you can blow it out of the sky in one go.

would that even be that bad? I assume the D would cost more so it's basically a flying battle cannon for 500 points that gets shot out of the sky once it hovers to unload.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Loyalist Luna Wolves and/or Death Guard maybe? Istvan III in general.

I'm stuck between which super heavies I should purchase for my DA army. I hear a lot of good things about the typhoon, it's price is also good for a LoW. But the Glaives mega laser and the Fellblades 13 barrels of fun really stand out to me as a fuck you unit.

Any suggestions or comments on what my next purchase should be?

It reminds me to tabletop in general

Warhound for 750?

The trouble is the combination of turbolaser and huge transport flyer. Each of those is a significant asset and probably worth around 500 or so, but the trouble comes when you consider that to do one job, it can't do the other properly, which should be considered in its cost.

For what it's worth, the Typhon will basically always make it's points back. It's fairly cheap, easy to use and hard to fuck up.

>495 ;^)

Lol. There are 10k Custodes in M41.
How the hell they get rebuilded after Heresy?

Thats one custodes a year, seems fine

Nah senpai 495 points is the perfect cost for flying D

Big E had some hidden away in a closet.

Rapestork

How many Ds can Magnus throw each turn if he is used as a witchfire platform?

5 if you have the dice for it

So... have I understood correct that Magnus can potentially hit every enemy unit within 18" from him 2~12 times each with Str D, 5 times a turn?

Was he able to deep strike as well? I really hope not...

The Binary Succession anyone?

The main restraint is warp charges so just wait until Angelous breaks the legion more with Tzeench allies

When a Str D blast hit a unit, how do the wounds allocated? Each model gets wounded d3 wounds?

Potentially.

People are going absolutely apeshit due to the potential, but very few that played against have reported actual success of that magnitude.

>Each model gets wounded d3 wounds?

Yes, the d3 wounds dont spill over across the unit.

Each model affected suffers a D-hit. Roll on the table and apply the result to that model. Wounds don't spill over, obviously.

Yes. So ones in the circle are super dead.

Magnus is on a 40mm base, radius 20mm and his novas can reach 18"
Now, to maximise units hit by the novas we're going to have an army of IC on there own, all on 25mm bases (the units can't be within 1 inch of each other giving circles of influence 7.62 cm across).
So the question is, how many units can fit into magnus' D bubble, well the circle might appear to be 18" + 20mm (48.08 cm) in radius but actually, since the units only have to graze the circle, they have to *fit* in a circle with 48.08 + 7.62 - 2.56 radius (53.14 cm).
Now putting that info through an online engineer tool we find that 147 25mm based ICs will fit into said circle (conveniently a lil' hole appears in the middle where Magnus' larger base fits).
So that's 147 target units, Magnus has access to 3 2d6 powers of 18" D strength novadoom (sunburst, shockwave and cleansing flame) so that's 6d6 or (since we're going for maximum) 36 S:D hits against every single IC here 147*36 (We're also going to assume Magnus rolls a 1 to wound every single time or at least everyone survives the barrages, because, again, we're going for maximum D here) = 5292 Strength D hits.

Five Thousand Two Hundred and Ninety Two attacks with the Destroyer special rule.

But we're not done yet! Forgeworld in their infinite wisdom decided on making the Primarch of the XVth a Mastery Level 5 character, so we're three powers down, two to go.
So what other Witchfires are left to us? A beam (molten beam), maybe we could hit 6 dudes? Sure whatever 6, Smite hits for 4. So we have targets of 6 and 4 to meet with our Large Blasts (Inferno and Psychic Maelstrom) well thats a diameter of 12.80 cm (+ 2*(7.62 - 2.56) for reasons outlined above) for a diameter of 22.74cm, so that's 5 possible dudes per blast, so we'll substitute 1 of them in for smite, but leave molten beam adding 11 to 5292 = 5303

Five Thousand Three Hundred and Three attacks with the Destroyer special rule.

Is CotH not traitor-only?

You still only make one save per hit, and if you fail that you get D3 wounds on that model, and most novas have shit AP so you're on average gonna lose 38,9% of your PA models hit. Could be worse.

All the vehicles are gonna get super fucked though.

Lighting Falcon
Storm Ostrich
Torrent Condor
Northeaster Vulture
Squall Kori
British Summer Albatross

>loyalist legion painted up normally
>use the Alpha Legion rules
Is this acceptable?

wounds don't spill over. D weapons are for blowing up multi-wound models and vehicles, not hordes. they're basically no better than S10 versus horde units.

Yes, if you paint them up as Alpha Legion that's perfectly acceptable.

I want 40k Guardian Spears for my custodes. Is that too much to ask for?

Paint some AL icons on it and you're good, stuff like chains or scales.

But that would compromise the disguise.

Do it in UV paint! (I have considered doing that for my RoT Suzerain).

>compromising the disguise
So would using the AL rules. A real alpha legionaire would use both the rules and the colors of another legion.

Daily what are you working on user? This is the second set of tacticals for the XVIII, plus also some scattered forces for the Talons which I built to get a sense of what they look like in my hand