/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Home Cooked Meal Edition.
When was the last time your character ate a meal that wasn't magically conjured or consisted mostly or entirely of field rations? Is there someone in your party who's job it is it cook? Have you ever RPed a camp side dinner?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WSC4nCa6Qw4
youtube.com/watch?v=1sruEnQ9HkU&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=RBmoQSHfO2U
youtu.be/jlxmKsTvcLg
docs.google.com/document/d/1YcE6T2piHuQYSVcF3BUPkF0eWwvtAS_heH8ZcOQHUHI/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My current Half-elf Slayer grew up in the central trade city of the world, and she knows the cooking techniques of half a hundred cultures, as well as their languages, from serving them food. Now she makes a different meal every day to keep her crew healthy and happy.

It would have been the very last session, at the end of the evening, after returning from an ill-fated tomb-dive in which the witch was set ablaze by the wizard. Upon arrival at our inn suite, the witch immediately set about cleaning up, the paladin visited her while she was cleaning up to "comfort" her, and my cleric listened to the whole thing because he's got +17 perception and walls just aren't thick enough these days.

But before all the bathing and sex stuff, there was totally some falafel and hummus.

>he still hasn't invested in ear plugs.

Our group almost always has one person with ranks in Profession or Craft (Cook)

If we make the skill check by a certain amount, the GM will give us cool new recipes. They don't do anything, its just flavor.

My party hates fun so no

t. GM wishing they had better players.

It didn't used to be a problem! Damn Varisian woman corrupting a holy Champion like that. It's downright suspicious. Reckon he may need a stern talkin' to sooner rather than later.

Our Kingmaker group discovered a giant hive of beegirls who had flooded the surrounding area with honey as a defense measure.

My vigilante offered to show them the wonders of human technology and make them waffles to go with all their honey but then it turned out they couldn't eat eggs and dairy ;_;

>it's just flavor

We have a player who has some bullshit he works into all his characters, so they all dig fancy whiskey and have ranks in cooking. Problem is that he's shit at descriptions so it's just 'a meal.'

That player aside though, my rogue always eats on the cheap. So her 'meals' are grains and whatever else is cheap, one of her goals is to actually make enough money to go to a fancy place and have a five course meal. My evil wizard enjoys long pork, but I don't think that counts.

My evil cleric ate his sister, but, in his defense, he cried about it the whole time. Still keeps her skull for good luck.

Yesterday! We're visiting my character's hometown and crashing with my parents, who are quite good at cooking.

What a pussy.

Now in my defense, that pun was entirely unintended

Yeah, my evil wizard isn't human and is modeled after darker parts of shinto mythology, so it has a little home grill and its rations are our past kills. The game is (superficially) supposed to be jade regent and I wanted to show our weeb player the difference between 'kawaii-desu onee-sama!' and actually using source material.

He loved her so much, user. She was his first. Watching the plague rot her skin nearly destroyed him.

It was a stressful time, but he's doing much better now, with the Pallid Princess' blessing.

Can't even appreciate his mom's cooking.

My wendigo themed barbarian ate all four of his brothers. Didn't even need to, he just had to eat one, but the other three were good eating.

And then he shoved their names together and called himself that.

I want to stuff Megumin full with a nutritious dinner so she grows properly!

Played a druid once that ate people in and out of wild shape, but she was raised by tigers, so it just made sense.

>Fava beans and a nice Chianti General

How grave is the punishment for killing a baron, duke, count, lord, or any other member of the feudal lords or aristocracy compared to murdering a king?

Guys... Guys, the OP is talking about normal people food, not cannibalism. Please.

Well, normal people take the sacrament, don't they?

But we are talking about people food.
People bread, people steak, people sashimi...

Had a character who ate a duke in a game once. They tried to burn him at the steak!

Did you eat him/her after the fact? If not, it's wasting food, an that's not right.

My bad, pretty sure I started that train. I could talk about my rogue's eating habits, but 'the waxy fish tastes like tuna at quarter cost.' doesn't seem like the best convo fodder.

You can expect a heavier punishment due to the importance of the individual (and the resources their family and allies will likely put into getting revenge), but it's still "just" murder.

Regicide, on the other hand, isn't just killing a man, it's decapitating a nation, putting its people in jeopardy, and weakening its military strength. At best, you'll be executed. At worst, you'll wish you were executed.

>She was his first.
I hope he was her first, too.

This is how it should be.

>today a Papist was practicing idolatry near me

I prefer explosion girl back when she was called Lina Inverse, but I guess its better than when she was Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière

>They tried to burn him at the steak!
mmmmmmmm, steak

He was her first. Father didn't know, but Mother did.

Then the plague took them all, all but him.

I haven't watched Slayers, and I have to assume that first one is spoken at least partly through a nostalgia filter, but I definitely agree with you on that second point.

That was one of the worst pieces of shit I ever had the misfortune to watch.

lina best explosion

no lina is great fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=WSC4nCa6Qw4

Memes in the water are turning /pfg/ gay!

Guys! What if we used dead people to make candies and pastries!?

>implying you would be happy to become explosion girl's baka inu

Someone give me a class to play. Character just "died" because gm refused pow and refused to send any texts back about new character.

I'm more pissed than anything right now and just need an idea that isn't a stupid fetish character.

Party already has psion, wizard, barbarian, and stalker (tell me about it).

Lies and slander!

I was gay before I got here!

Louise is worst rie kugimiya

>Meeeemes on the waaaaateerrr
>Shitposts in the sky
>Meeeemes on the waaaaaateeeerrr

So your the globalists!

Cleric is easy and useful. Leaves room for you to think about your character.

>mfw
At least he was able to fulfill his role as onii-chan and love his imouto.

>psion
Be a Wilder. Wilders are grrrrrrrrrrrThey're not actually that great, but you can't go wrong...

Mesmerist! It doesn't even have to be fetish!

Yes, at least they had some time together. And he really does keep her skull as his most treasured possession, in a little chest he brings everywhere.

>Party finally got out of the forest
>Learned their friendly NPC was a Shadow Avowed and he decided to leave
>Killed a necromancer trying to raise a bone dragon
>Sold enough gems to get about 4,000 gold each
>One PC goes and buys a house
>Another goes and gets drunk
>Third tells fortunes and causes sunlight in the middle of the night because wild magic
>Fourth gets a job as a bodyguard
Now finally downtime before the real story.

I wanna explode inside Lina!

I wanna kink shame Louise and get her a proper child therapist and a family councilor for her whole family, because hot damn they all have massive issue

Does your party have a banner or an anthem?

If he was given a wish, would (could) he bring her back?

>a proper child therapist and a family councilor for her whole family, because hot damn they all have massive issue
Welcome to nobility. Next stop: incestuous arranged marriages.

This is my party's anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sruEnQ9HkU&t=8s

Last session, some of the PCs were new to town and those of us who were locals took them out to dinner before we start our next investigation. On top of some great food we also got to watch the newbies get trolled by the owner, an old lady with no fucks left to give.

Seriously, I think just un-bratting her and making her learn to grow up and deal with her problems might be one of the reasons why ZnT gets so many fanfics and crossover fics

Because if it weren't for the crappy characters, and the shitty harem romcon writing, that series would've actually been pretty cool and interesting

Theme of the defenders of the silver city

youtube.com/watch?v=RBmoQSHfO2U

I have no idea what that is.

I don't need an easy class. I just need something to play because I can't think of anything I want to play.

Sounds like you need some divine magic or maybe some skills in your party. Might I suggest a cleric who worships a trickery god?

Tit for tat though, I need advice too. I have an evil wizard who went into arcane trickster, but DM allowed all sorts of third party and 3.5 conversion shit over the course of the game and he's allowing me to retrain feats so that I can get back up to par with shit like super saiyans, naruto nonsense, and a bleach style reaper that does 1k damage minimum. I might be able to talk him into some levels being retrained, but all I have for certain is feats.

Ideally, I'd like to stay in my 'evil trickster' archetype; but a ton of shit has stupid high SR and mind affecting immunity. Any advice on what I should look into?

Behold, the theme of most every party!
youtu.be/jlxmKsTvcLg
Hi, I'm Ameiko, and welcome to Jackass!

It's one of the Occult Classes. Cha based 6th level casting, d8 HD, 3/4 BAB, good Will and Reflex, 6+Int skill points, Cha to Will, Swift Action to give a target a Will penalty and gain extra damage when you hit it, and a bunch of nifty little tricks to toss around in combat. For example -
>False Flanker: A duplicate of the mesmerist appears momentarily, as though he were fighting in tandem with the subject. The mesmerist can trigger this trick when the subject moves into or begins her turn in a square where she threatens an enemy. An illusory duplicate of the mesmerist appears in any unoccupied space adjacent to that enemy. This duplicate counts as threatening the enemy for the purposes of determining flanking, but can’t actually make attacks. The duplicate disappears at the end of the turn during which the trick is triggered. This is an illusion (figment) effect, and a creature that interacts with the false flanker can attempt a saving throw to disbelieve the effect.

THIS WEEK WE'RE GOING TO THE BAYOUS AND WE'LL TICKLE SOME CANNIBALS!

We need a return to this type of adventuring.

My character's diet consists entirely of either cheap drop-in-boiling-water meals due to still being in Bardic College Debt. She supplements them with cheap wine, frozen veggies in said meals to give it some color, and on rare occasions a side of pork.

>frozen veggies in said meals to give it some color,
poor girl is going to run a Vitamin E deficiency

He would do it without hesitation. Just as soon as the Lady Despair gives him the power and the knowledge to do so, he'll do it himself.
I predict she might not love what he's becoming, though, so it would be pretty bittersweet.

10/10
Wasn't it in the mountains though

We're doing a Monster Hunter meets Masterchef side-campaign, so /everyone's/ job is to cook!
My tiefling Medic/Formless Master is really good with stews, the Kitsune Oracle is an expert in anything remotely involving rice, and the Tiefling Magus fisherman is getting real tired of our and his black blade's shit.

I mean Lina is quite literally a murderhobo

All she has to do is sweat those veggies in a bit of oil beforehand.

Posting RotRK characters again. Rev up your shipping engines.

>Name
Francisca Zilant
>Alignment
Chaotic Good
>Class
Avowed || Vigilante
>Sex
Female
>Height
5'7"
>Weight
119lbs
>Race
Suli

>Name
Caranthir
>Alignment
Neutral Good
>Class
Magus || Fighter
>Sex
Male
>Height
6'4"
>Weight
130lbs
>Race
Elf

>Name
Constantine Servilius
>Alignment
Lawful Good
>Class
Cavalier || Paladin
>Sex
Male
>Height
6'6"
>Weight
235lbs
>Race
Angelkin Aasimar

>Name
Evelyn Terris
>Alignment
Neutral Good
>Class
Wizaed || Occultist
>Sex
Female
>Height
5'11"
>Weight
???
>Race
Human

>Name
Eudon Rain
>Alignment
Chaotic Good
>Class
Wizard || Samurai
>Sex
Male
>Height
???
>Weight
???
>Race
Human

>Name
Morgase Mhartis
>Alignment
Neutral Evil
>Class
???
>Sex
Female
>Height
???
>Weight
???
>Race
Human

Who do you ship?

I ship Constantine with his cute, mountable sister

You and a noose. Holy shit how do you format a post so poorly?

>Morgase Mhartis
>>Alignment
>Neutral Evil
I am concerned

I thought Constantine wasn't able to play?

How would you format it?

I'm more concerned about her apparent lack of classes. Just what IS she?

Pure Evil

GM might be making accommodations.

what a horrid format for that post, kill yourself.

Francisca Zilant - Female
CG - Avowed || Vigilante
5'7", 119lbs

Post player names so I know what other characters they have in pfg games.

Make it Mythic and high-level as befitting worshiped gods fixing continental problems in short order.

I will join it, and I will love it!

Or, since I forgot race.
Francisca Zilant
CG - Suli - Avowed || Vigilante
Female, 5'7", 119lbs

How would you handle a game that includes both Occult classes and Psionic classes? Their flavors feel pretty distinct from each other, at least to me, but do you think there's anything about having them together that would be weird or troublesome?

Yeah that looks good.

No, not at all. Both sets are actually rather well balanced (with the exception of their full casters), in fact, and two bits of overlapping balance don't make them suddenly imbalanced.

DSP actually wrote an article about this exact topic.
docs.google.com/document/d/1YcE6T2piHuQYSVcF3BUPkF0eWwvtAS_heH8ZcOQHUHI/edit

Ignore the fact the Cryptic's fluff is closer to Psychic

Cryptic fluff honestly makes more sense for an Arcane class than a Psionic class to be perfectly honest.

Can you make a dex based druid? Was thinking of a halfling druid and making use of either weapon finesse or wild shape something.

Is this a new episode of shit you should be asking your GM? Oh BOY!

Actually It was going to start at level 5, as the players are told by the priestess that they must "regain" their power to bring change to the world. After each major boss, the party will gain more mythic ranks and divine stuff until by the end of the game they are true Living Gods. Until that point though, its pure Dark Souls prepare your anus.
The final boss would also be their old Wizard companion who froze them in the first place, but was killed soon after by the enemy army, and wants to end the world out of madness and grief. The priestess who tends the Shrine of the Forgotten Gods is unknowingly his descendant
You gotta start small, how else would they be able to be treated well by pic related?

I just gotta get around to actually writing the story to the thing too.

I haven't played a druid in pf yet, but I assumed the standard was not worry about physical stats because you wild shape into animals with better stats anyway.

I think everyone in DSP sees the Cryptic as a failed attempt at being whatever it was meant to be.

That's how it was in 3.5. That's not true in PF.

Which is a shame.

Cryptic is the only Psionic class I give two shits about.

Actually sounds pretty cool. (fuck kitsunes tho)

Makes sense.

Rev up your shipping engines /pfg/, who do you ship with who?

Francisca Zilant
Adam R.
CG - Suli - Avowed || Vigilante
Female, 5'7", 119lbs

Caranthir
Xekiest
NG - Elf - Magus || Fighter
Male, 6'4", 130lbs

Constantine Servilius
DHB
LG - Angelkin Aasimar - Cavalier || Paladin
Male, 6'6", 235lbs