Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

10k Adeptus Custodes and even Sisters of Silence Edition

>previous thread
Daily Duncan(old one): youtube.com/watch?v=tHAPbWbglps

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First for X faction

First fo i fucked up. It should be
"10k Adeptus Custodes and even more Sisters of Silence Edition"

Have you got yours yet?

>Daily Duncan is an actual Duncan video
Good work user. Good thread.

IMPERATOR VULT

Post your painted dudes. I want to step into hobby but I'm not sure if I should do it before 8e - please urge me to do it with your neat minis

You tried.

Kindly C&C

>post yfw Khorne players still have to deal with 30 year old Berzerkers kit

Ok user. It's a ton of fun but prepare for it costing you a bunch of money and stuff taking a while to do.

>That fucking gun

Main model looks alright but JESUS that thing looks like it's made of putty.

It's a running joke.

Adeptus Custodes are 10k or even more strong and Sisters of Silence are tens of thousands.

What the fuck GW?

Soon.jif

No user that's the running meme, OP did it right. We were always supposed to keep the chain going but it got fucked up by bad OPs a bunch of times. It was like three lines long at one point, absolutely glorious.

How's this for a 1000 point army against Eldar/Necrons (2 different matches). Used the lions blade for the overwatch full ballistic skill.

I have some deathwing termies and knights too as well as ravenwing knights, termie librarian and int-chaplian but this is the best I think I can do.

It's ok for casual games, but you'll want more special weapons against tougher opponents.

nurgle is 1 goofy goober xD

My babies. I had a ton of fun converting them.

80% of a decently painted mini is thinned paints.

They'll be the next Chaos update after Noise Marines and Fulgrim.

That was intentional :P.
There can be no 40k general without

Why take combi-meltas without taking Meltaguns?

I have two armies. I can chose between metal minis from the 90s, or plastics from the early 00's.

Yeah. Thankfully that piece of shit is just a dumb option for superiors.

Wow, that's an amazing piece of work user. I like this winter theme

Forgot to say, no assault squad but the guys I'm playing are happy for my to play as it is since its just for fun.

I really need 8th to come out - I have like 3 40k army ideas I want to explore but I don't want to invest before seeing the new rules.

Did you post those on /wip/ before? Feel like there was an user posting half-finished ones of these for ages.

Either way, beautiful models.

>snow bases
MY NIGGA BEST TASTE

Thanks! I was posting them on here and sometimes /wip/ every now and then during their progress.

Please don't use the n word. It's disrespectful.

>not sure if false flag tumblr trolling or actually black
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but, have you seen where you are? This is Veeky Forums

Sure

r8 my Salad Mander list please, 500 pt

HQ: Librarian, Mastery Level 2, Boltgun, 90 pts

Troops: Scout Squad (5) 55 pts, 1 Rhino Dedicated Transport 35 pts

Scout Squad (5) 55 pts, 1 Rhino Dedicated Transport 35 pts

Elites: Dreadnought, Twin-linked heavy flamer, Missile launcher, 115 pts

Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod, 50 pts

Heavy Support: Whirlwind, 65 pts

Thanks! Currently just trying to get started; I'll try and minmax better after a bit of experience.

Melta limits the range and all immobile bolter users gain Rending because chapter tactics. Getting a combi-melta at least lets them do something in case they get charged by a Rhino etc.

Hows this for an 1850pt IG force?
Right now I have kasrkins and want to replace them with custom stormtroopers (using hot shot volley guns as my special weapons)

Thanks!

Also, ignore I'm gladly niggas with people.

My pewter girls. R8 please.

>taking forgeworld when yousaid you want a cheap intro army

Oh, so false flag - ok. Here is your (you), have a good time nigga

HOLY FUCKING HELL user I DONT KNOW WHY I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT

NOW FOR THE BE-ALL AND END-ALL OF QUESTIONS

RED BOLTERS, YES OR NO

Wanted to see if I could make a cheap alternative while still not sucking. Decided to embrace my inner wallet warrior tho.

As a black gay muslim trans-woman I feel uncomfortable and excluded because my sexual orientation, racial background and religion is not well represented in the 40k universe.

How are we going to fix that?

There's a 33% chance your one shot at your ranged AT will fluff it before penetration and cover rolls. I wouldn't put that much value on the Boltgun shots if that's why you take the combi instead.

Yes, if you want to, but in this day and age of more realistic paint schemes don't do BRIGHT CHERRY RED, dull it down with some dark wash and detail and highlight just the edges.

Try pink bolters.

Don't want to be choosy but the pic quality is not really high so it's hard to tell

r8 my list

By burning the heretic, killing the mutant, and purging the unclean.

All of which are you.

Now go shitpost elsewhere.

Lads, for some reason today I feel a lot more confident about 8th edition.

Maybe it'll be alright. I suppose it can't get much worse than 6th and 7th have been.

I just really don't want them to Sigmarise it.

>this terrible quality of shitposting
Are you from Poland or what?

6.5/10 Above average, would play against happily, paints and highlights look a bit thick.

I think these look really quite good.

Personally I don't really rate scions as anything other than a deepstrike suicide melta unit. Their weapons are too short ranged and they're too expensive and fragile for what they do. You're paying near-MEQ points for a T3/4+ unit.

Veterans can do everything they can better, for less points, except for deepstriking.

Taurox will also explode if anything with a high S value looks at it, and the dozer blade is pointless because it already rerolls dangerous terrain. Unless you're planning to ram stuff with it.

Frankly I'd just say swap them for a grenadier veteran squad in a chimera. It's a much better, more cost effective unit. Literally all scions are good for is deep striking.

Other than that, it looks good. Not sure about putting a melta gun in a command squad with a grenade launcher and other mixed special weapons. Generally I find if you want to shoot anything with BS3, you want to have more than one shot at it, if you're going to try tank hunting with a PCS, one melta just isn't going to cut it.

Papa nurgle sends his love/10, needs more Great Unclean Ones.

I'm feeling confident if only because I know there are plenty of groups that already houserule the crap out of AoS, so I'm sure my LGS will do the same with 8th ed if there's just a couple of bad rules.

Confess your sins, friends.

>I don't highlight. I just throw on a wash and call it good.

>I just really don't want them to Sigmarise it.
Noone is goind to sigmarise the game "hard". They will just use some mechanics that worked well and try to make them 40kish like general's handbook for 40k with new options to run games

So what's your DG kit wishlist?

>plastic plague marines
>plastic nurgle terminators
>plastic plague zombies
>plastic daemon primarch Mortarion

Standard/10, couldn't come up with anything crazy. I'm just happy that it's happening.

Sorry user didn't you get the message? We're playing Zone Mortalis tonight.

Question about the current sisters kit. Does it come with enough helmets for the squad, or just one for the Superior?

Yes, as long as you don't paint the rest of the gun yellow so it looks like your marines are holding tonka toys. Seriously, why was that ever acceptable?

Plastic Berzerkers when?

That's not a sin. I've painted 180 Boyz, if you think I'm giving all that a highlight, keep dreaming.

These 4 are pretty much confirmed, so if you're feeling optimistic, hope for at least one more kit beyond that.

>I buy new models before fully finishing my backlog

Yeah, it's not like people don't already houserule the FUCK out of 40k. That whole Death from the skies flyer update might as well have basically not happened, because no fucker on earth uses it.

Custodes Guardian Spera officialy sucks.
They are supposed to shoot at enemy when assaulting him.
So they get rapid fire bolter attached to it.

shouldnt be a problem, all my models are on the 40mm square bases they came with

They're metal models, friend. Literally one piece for the girl, one piece for the backpack and absolutely zero options.

My bad.

There is one (1) helmet.

Ah, a friend recommended kitting the Tacs out to do more than just boltguns. What would you recommend? Get a plasma gun? Leave them barebone?

If anything the return of movement values and negative armour modifiers might make it easier for me to convince people to port some more rules over from 2nd.

>mfw I do this and I still have one of the best painted armies in the area.

I mean, the guy who's better is absolutely stellar and blows my guys out of the water, but at least I stand out against the grey, black, and over-layered tides at the store.

Damn shame. The Superior's helmet is my favorite thing about the Sisters. Oh well, plastic sisters soon™.

Rate my Ultramarines: 1500/1500

+++ Victrix Strike Force +++

--- Battle Demi-Company ---

Captain (1) - Artificer armor,Plasma pistol,Soldier's Blade,Melta bombs - 150pts
Goes with Tac Squad in Rhino v

Tactical Squad (5) - VetSergeant,PowerWeapon,Flamer - 100pts
Rhino (1) - 35pts Dedicated Transport

Tactical Squad (5) - Lascannon - 90pts

Tactical Squad (5) - Lascannon - 90pts

Land Speeder (1) - Multi-melta - 55pts

Centurion Devastator Squad (3) - 3 Grav-cannon and grav-amp - 240pts
Drop pod (1) - 35pts Dedicated Transport

--- Suppression Force ---

Whirlwinds (2) - 130pts

Land Speeder (1) - Multi-melta - 55pts

+++ Skyhammer Annihilation Force ++++

Assault Squad (5) - PowerWeapon,Meltabombs,Eviscerator - 130pts Jump packs

Assault Squad (5) - VetSergeant,PowerWeapon,Meltabombs,Eviscerator - 140pts Jump packs

Devastator Squad (5) - 70pts

Devastator Squad (5) - 4 Multi-melta - 110pts

>Oh well, plastic sisters soon™
This time it's even true! We just don't know how soon is Soon™.

My Vostroyans about to purge some xenos.

>Implying khorne won't get squatted since this is a politically correct childrens game.

How are melee horde armies like Orks, Nids and World Eaters a threat in 40k, when even modern weapona have ranges that surpass the 600m range, and bunching up in large numbers is an excellent way to get blown to bits by artillery and airstrikes?

Your friend is right, even with Raptors rending the special weapon is half the reason to take tacticals over scouts. I'd go with meltaguns replacing combi-meltas so you don't have to shift points elsewhere. A bit of shame to see you reneged on the whirlwinds.

>I add extra dice into my hand when I think I can get away with it

Well here's hoping.

I'll lay my cards on the table and say I'm a die hard Fantasy fan but I think a lot of people weren't overjoyed with AoS.

I wonder how much movement will change for different units. I can't see there being more than a 3" range from a "Normal" movement for things like basic infantry. Would be interesting to have some units like Nurgle stuff slow down whilst things like Slaneesh stuff gets to go full Sanic.

The only reason I remember that update was because how upset Ork players were because of it.

Such is the life of of >I2

>says increasingly nervous SoBcuck for the nth time this year

>10 Scions
>Taurox Prime
>Commissar
You could take the infantry and Leman Russ in Armoured Shield as part of the CAD and use the above for a Hellrain Brigade to give your Stormtroopers action with the ability to respawn. Might not be the best for kill points but still nice for suicide tactics.

A man after my own heart/10

But user, those armies aren't threats

>"Here's a brand new flyer, one of the poster boy(z) of the new update
>It's shit

Shit was hilarious as half of threads were Ork players complaining and the other half were talking about how shit the new SM flyer looked.

Ave Ultra, brother!

Because 40k weapons have the range and accuracy of smoothbore muskets.

Because nids give birth to more monsters per day than any one planet has artillery shells, and attack from uncounterable vectors like orbital deployment, amphibious beach assault, underground tunneling and winged flight. Meanwhile the armies manning those artillery guns suffer from broken morale, broken communications, broken supply lines, lack of safe food and water, inability to identify proper targets, poor positioning after getting flanked, surrounded, outsmarted and outmaneuvered, and equipment breaking down from exposure to corrosive rain and spores.

And, in addition to all of these factors, they have to deal with Tyranids using artillery of their own which can easily go toe to toe with conventional weapons.

Guess you haven't had to deal with WE first turn charge bs yet

got an online gallery of your models dude?

March for Macragge!