sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
Arcana soon, /5eg/. What do you expect to see in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pYjjlQeF8O
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obviously more wizard shit. Because they always need more shit.

More wizards, because *Enter spurdo wizard of the coast, not martials who can boast meme*

Question for you all.

A bunch of my coworkers want to get me to start playing D&D. Is it anywhere against the rules to make two character sheets? one fake one that I show to the party and a real one I show to the DM?

Why would you do it, user?

Why do people always talk shit about caster supremacy?

It just makes sense. No shit, someone who can shoot fireballs, animate dead or create pocket dimensions with nothing but a spool of rope and some words is going to be a great deal stronger than someone who's best abilities without magic are basically "Can attack fast, parry and trip people."

The only way to beat caster superiority is to make it so they have absolutely no close range spells, or make martials have more long range killers. But then you just get to bringing rapid firing crossbows, which leads to muskets and guns, and then people complain about something else.

>Spurdo Sparde
>tfw it's 2009 again

No, but what terrible secret do you have to hide?

Stale.

Ask your DM.

But seriously, why would you do that? D&D is a game about teamwork. If you're there just to back stab the party, go play video games instead.

No, but it could be some bullshit depending on what it is you're hiding.

Storytime.

As long as your DM has seen the real one, sure. But why would you want to do that?

Don't be That Guy, user. Everyone hates That Guy.

Perfectly fine as long as the DM allows it. I'd probably try to get a better grasp of the rules before you start betraying the party or anything though.

Well, I really don't have time to play alot and I was thinking if I made my character a double agent of sorts it would give more of an actual role playing component to only be able to show up every other week.

I was riding down a mountain on my Bigby's Hand and the BM Fighter was just running and falling, lol
Why is being a wizard so sweet, lads?

I don't know because obviously being a Druid is the sweetest

technically nothing wrong with it, but you might want to get a feel for the players before actively fucking them. It's called courtesy.

That would just be a matter of only passing your backstory to the DM and introducing your character in a different way in game.

Unless you want to lie about your abilities too?

I mean, I wouldn't be actively trying to fuck them every step of the way. That being said if it's that highly frowned upon I'll avoid it.

(Repost from last thread)
I cast call lightning and hit nearly the whole party. How have you fucked up in the past /5eg/?

it's ok
if you're GHEEEEY!

(Posted in the last thread when I didn't notice there was a new one)

I want to run the Forge of Fury from the new book but my big thought is what are they going to do with all that gold afterwords. I counted it up and if you gather all the coins and gemstones you end up with the equivalent of 8600 gold pieces, and somewhere you get 8 platinum pieces as well. Not to mention there are a couple +1 weapons, spell scrolls and a magic trinket or two.

Is there a nice list of pricing for things like furniture or art or extravagant weapons/armor that my players can splurge on with their dungeon spoils? I've noticed I'm pretty bad at pricing things whenever a PC goes to a merchant stall and asks for something unexpected.

excuse me but my ability to turn into a GIANT FUCKING APE (at level 14) begs to differ

I found a bunch of Zhentarim warlocks about to use a pact blade to sacrifice a street urchin, just for fun. I threw a 5th level fireball and burned them all to hell, even the urchin.

Oh wait no I didn't, I sculpted the spell around the urchin and saved him while still killing the warlocks. Oh yea haha I rule. Sorry about your fuckup, you might want to try understanding magic first, lmao

Peace

>gets carried away by a giant glowing hand

can't fuck up if you don't play 5e *taps temple*

it is fine IF the other players are fine with it, there's no reason to HIDE your character from the other players. Just say, hey guys, i'm playing a ______ disguised as a ______, players who are going to use OOC knowledge are going to do so no matter what you do.

and it's especially tacky to do the whole betrayal thing with a new group. Your first impression to them might not want to be "Team Killing Fucktard #3"

Why are you in /5eg/ than

How would you Dervish in 5e?

he must have got lost on his way to the pfg thread.

Oh hey, cool. Can an ape escape from a Forcecage? Lol didn't think so. I'll leave some bananas behind when I Plane Shift tho. Good talk.

>Your first impression to them might not want to be "Team Killing Fucktard #3"
Well, I've been playing MTG with 4 of the 5 people in the group, not including the DM. They already know me as that fuckwad who nukes the board every 3 seconds

At least I'm not gay in that force cage

Don't do it.

yeah but a 20min game of magic and a 20 month game of DnD have different standards

playing bard

I might just put the forcecage around your apenuts lol. Sorry ape but your nuts are trapped inside an unbreakable box. It's cool tho, I think I'm gonna take off. Head to Silverymoon. Instantly. It'll wear off in an hour. Hope your nuts survive lol.

You kids know you have to be at least 18 to use this website, right?

congratulations, dumbass, you just wasted a spell
>Creatures only partially within the area, or those too large to fit inside the area, are pushed away from the center of the area until they are completely outside the area.

So, I just did 54 damage in a single attack at level 3 today with the new pseudo-smite invocations that warlock got.

Am I the only one disliking the way smite works in 5e?
It feels like such a cheap one-trick pony type of cheese. Just fishing for crits and instantly annihilating something.

Nigga maybe your ass ought to shapeshift into a "Magic For Dummies" book, then you could read yourself and get a frickin' clue. Because Forcecage or Cuckcage as I call it will utterly fucking undo you. Lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd frickin' bury you, and you can take that the frickin' bank, buster.

Why do people keep saying that to me

So how is TftYP?

One of my friends got the roll20 version. I'm pretty much always the DM, so I'm pretty happy that I get to be a player for it.

"giant" apes aren't that big. I'd be fine.

If people keep saying that maybe you should rethink how you talk to people on this site.

They are in the huge size category

>I might just put the forcecage around your apenuts lol.
>Creatures only partially within the area, or those too large to fit inside the area, are pushed away from the center of the area until they are completely outside the area.
is it hard being this retarded?

I've just gave Yawning Portal a quick read, and... Was Tomb of Horrors always that small?

My character would know that even if I don't. So I guess ETHEREALNESS then just walk away while you stand around looking retarded? I mean the options are limitless!

Also the Giant Ape I see in 3e lists a height of 18 feet, so he'd fit in the cube. Sorry BRO

>3e size
>5e thread

Sorry bro you still seem rather retarded

Does 5e list an actual numerical height?

I'm thinking about doing Curse of Strahd but only adding a great deal of CR 10 enemies in it.

I'm thinking maybe an Aboleth at the bottom of lake Zarovich, and Archdruid in Yester Hill

Then if they get Mordenkeinen to help, these two can duke it out in Castle Ravenloft

>3e
Had a feeling you were shitposting. Thanks for tipping your hand.

>Also the Giant Ape I see in 3e
Are you lost, little boy?

Because it's not that fun when the wizard can blast through any encounter and then convince the orc he lit on fire that they were good friends, all the while opening a portal with his other hand. While martials can stab stuff twice a turn. Defeats the teamwork aspect when one person can just do everything and the other is painfully weaker.

???

this is the 5e thread

I'm trying to get back to watching Anne of Green Gables so someone should answer, does the 5e Giant Ape entry list an actual numerical height? I... don't think so Tim!

Are you literally retarded, or just very good at pretending to be one? Whichever the case, you're becoming less welcome in this thread with each post you make.

No it doesn't, now fuck off.

Then don't play a martial. There's no reason to other than fluff, after all. Unless you're actively gimping your character on purpose, at least play a Cleric or Paladin.

>Archdruid in Yester Hill
That encounter is already difficult.

It doesn't. The basic height of a Huge creature as listed in the DM is around 20 feet, so it's up to the DM as to whether the 20 foot force cage can actually hold it.

Yeah, but they can kill the archdruid by choping down the Gulthias tree which is significantly easier

>No it doesn't, now fuck off.
vocaroo.com/i/s0pYjjlQeF8O

Storm Giants are huge and are 26 feet

A gulthias tree comes stated in TOYP and its pretty easy to kill in a couple of turns

This way I can give the druids faction a face that they have to roleplay against

I'm going to be DMing it starting this Wednesday and from what I have read it sounds like a blast. Bloody challenging as hell but very fun none the less.

Fuck off with your fun I don't like it when wizards are fucking faggots who cast forcecage

Do you plan on giving them this information, or are they supposed to chop down the tree mid-combat for no good reason?

>vocaroo.com/i/s0pYjjlQeF8O
>>>
> Anonymous 03/26/17(Sun)17:46:04 No.52383327 ▶
>
>Storm Giants are huge and are 26 feet
>>>
> Anonymous 03/26/17(Sun)17:46:35 No.52383339 ▶
>
>A gulthias tree comes stated in TOYP and its pretty easy to kill in a couple of turns
>This way I can give the druids faction a face that they have to roleplay against
>>>
> Anonymous 03/26/17(Sun)17:48:12 No.52383351 ▶
>
>I'm going to be DMing it starting this Wednesday and from what I have read it sounds like a blast. Bloody challenging as hell but very fun none the less.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/26/17(Sun)17:48:12 No.52383352 ▶
> (You)
>Fuck off with your fun I don't like it when wizards are fucking faggots who cast forcecage
leeeeeeeeeeel

Does anyone in here actually play in the Adventure League? And if you do, what is it like? I only have one group of players, and I'm trying to make more, but it's going to be a few months until that really takes off. Is there anyone who can vouch for the AL being fun or not?

The Gulthias tree in Curse of Strahd is significantly bigger, as it's been growing for centuries with evil druids tending it. The one in TYP is a relative sapling, only being tended by one druid for a short time.

I dunno man, shit's weird. 20 is likely the shortest possible height I suppose.

your mom is huge
how tall is she

Wow it really is your first time on Veeky Forums isn't it.

AL is literally the opposite of fun. It's not a place you play at it willingly, but out of desperation.

chief guh is only huge!

Maybe he's an manlet ape with like some Mexican blood or something, looool

I find it fun. In my are its a group of really cool dudes who clearly know d&d and meet up at game stores twice a week

Bait or not, i'm posting it anyways.

>Fuck off with your fun I don't like it when wizards are fucking faggots who cast forcecage

1. Druids are good because its a good healer, and shape shifting is fucking dope m8.
2. (Shill-lay-lee)
3. Dragon sorcerer is meh
4. Wizards are glass cannons
5. Meh, its kinda funny for a bit
6. You're talkin bout 3e in a 5e thread
7. You sound mad yourself
8. You didn't really own anyone
9. Wizards are gay
10. Wizards are super gay
11. Thats not how forcecage works still
and 12. "This class is over powered and throws the balance of the game off" "Lol then why play something weaker?"

Hi

I plan on making the Gulthias tree with a Gulthias-Tree-B-Gone Axe sticking out rather obvious
If not, then Wintersplinter kills the Archdruid in its rampage

I'd have to think about it some more I guess

I just really like the idea of this League of Evil that shows up for Strahd's dinner, that works somewhat like a Half-Life intro tour of all the big fuckers they need to look out.

Madam Eva, The Abbot, the Arch Druid, Lady Wachter, Morganfa, the Werewolf Alfa, Rahadin and so on.

sup dood.

>Druids are good because its a good healer, and shape shifting is fucking dope m8
Form Of... A Sheep!

I've been playing AL for almost 2 years now. Overall it's a great community as far as I can tell. I've heard some bad stories of it both locally and on the 5e threads but personally I have had fun both playing and DMing in that community.

From what I've read so far its mostly dungeon crawling right?

How much are you outside of dungeons compared to the other released modules so far? More dungeon crawling than even PotA?

Or, get this, form of mammoth, Allosaurus, pteranadon. Plus, if you need to sneak into a forest without being seen, who is gonna suspect a random crow?

AL is awful but at the same time, awfully necessary for idiot DM's who can be trusted with the freedom of a home game

It is a book consisting of literally only dungeons.

>After that he fired an arrow at the sky, who started to cry.

God I love Hinduism.

And with animal shapes you can turn your whole party and no one suspect the flock of crows

id just forcecage every crow

Look man, I don't know how else to tell you this, but you're either shitposting and doing a pretty good job of it, or genuinely retarded. The stats and descriptions of creatures as they existed in previous editions have no bearing on how they exist in 5e. 18 feet is smaller than would exist in the size boundaries for the Huge size category in this edition.

Backing up to before this, your sense of humor is juvenile. "Angry ape with his nuts in a force cage" isn't funny to well-adjusted people over the age of 12. That, along with your particular choice of wording your distaste for the Druid class is why you're being mocked for being "a kid."

But how do you know that it's crows. And a Druid pops out of the ant at your foot

im dubbin out
wizard supremacy

Oh ok. I thought that it was small adventures with lots of dungeons, instead of pretty much only dungeons.

Then you run outa spell slots, and the druid could then turn into something larger then the cube and be shoved out.

>breach of The Masquerade.jpg

druids can't become tiny ants