sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
So, what's your opinion on different paladin oaths?

Asking again..

Any recommend stat array for STR valor Bard? We're using 27-point buy.

Currently thinking Half-Elf with...
15(+1) 12 13(+1) 8 10 14(+2)

Planning on taking expertise in athletic and get shield master. Might mess around with Overrun and other action option too.

Bard 19 and 20 is objectively the worst in the game

>No new spells known
>Capstone is literally worse than any level 1 attribute in the game

Why not do a little soul bargaining then? Seems like right up a Bard's alley

first for the druid is in the wrong and the wizard is right

Asking for thought an awaking my druid's beard (which is filled with plants) I've already posted this in a few threads but am eager to hear more feedback on it

>Devotion
It's pretty okay. Standard paladin if you want to play standard paladin.
>Vengeance
More of a grey area, can be murderhobo if wanted.
>Oath of Ancients
Objectively the coolest, most awesome core oath. A lot of leeway and can be played in a lot of different ways.
>Oathbreaker
Evil laughter.jpg
Also OP as fuck.

>Conquest
Interesting idea, but hard to actually play in a group environment.
Also a bit weird that it's called Conquest but builds a lot on fear effects.
>Treachery
I really like the fact that we have Blackguards back in some form. I think it's a really neat type of mercenary character, though some will argue that "REEEEEEE PALADINS CAN ONLY BE GOOD", but I think it's a breath of fresh air.
Oh and it's also OP as fuck.

Any I forgot/other input?

Why not both? We all know that Nuclear Druid is the best Druid / Wizard

I did put 3 levels of Warlock on my Red Dragon Sorcerer Kobold, picked Tiamat for Patron for that sweet sweet Pseudodragon familiar

I'm going for a theme

ignore him he's going to ruin another thread

If only the wizard could forcecage himself.

I mean yeah, anything could be made to work with the right justifications.
My character is going from 3 levels of Fey pact into bard which fits fairly well in the bigger picture. I will say that you should run these things past your DM or so.

Kek

Can we please not force this meme

Warlock is fine until like 18th level. Whenever every other caster starts getting multiple 6th level spells but you're stuck to 1.

You forgot crown.

So I'm trying to make a HP sponge at level 5 and the best I can come up with is Barb Bear3/Druid Moon 2. Am I missing something that got more beef?

Isn't that the drawback of dipping two warlocks tho? You're always going to loose that 6th slot

THANK YOU, I knew I forgot one.

>Crown.
This can also be a pretty interesting choice depending on the campaign. If you're running a very urban campaign with an emphasis on "dah gubbaments and da king", it can provide for some quality roleplay and twists in the story.
Mechanically it's pretty okay as a team player of sorts which is what it was meant to do I suppose.

I'm going to be running White Plume Mountain pretty soon. Looks pretty nice. I might make the Super-Tetanus more intense and change the Sphinx riddle.

>dust settled
>official release date hasn't passed

>>Oath of Ancients
>Objectively the coolest, most awesome core oath. A lot of leeway and can be played in a lot of different ways.
You, sir/madam, have excellent taste.

Warlock3 for armor of agathys on 2nd level slots and the rest barb?
I mean it's a bit niche, but when you want to soak, you can soak pretty hard.

I don't know, having 2 more shields each short rest could be just as usefull.

if you can just forcecage genitals then would it mean its the best magical version of a chastity device?

Moon Druid 4 get you a Giant Octopus form which is a giant meatwall (52 hp, reach, auto restrict on hit)

Devotion is a pretty important oath if you want to play Big Fucking Sword paladin

>Going strength solely for the purpose of higher athletics

It's probably more important to actually have at least 14 dexterity than +1 or +2 on your shove attempts.
But.. Eh, I suppose it's not a massive deal. You can probably get heavy armour proficiency at some point with +1 strength if you really want to go up that route.

Well, whatever, it's probably fine. You're making full use of extra attack if you're going for shove+grapple.
Just, if you want to get heavy armour it seems like it'd be a good idea in the very very long run to get 17 charisma to start with, +1 cha, +1 str, then heavily armoured.. But in the long run valor kinda loses its charm.

Yes, whatever, enough of my rambling. I'd say that's a perfectly fine plan for a character, and it's kinda hard to fuck up playing a valor bard.

The Superior Inspiration is pretty lackluster, 1 more bardic inspiration per fight if you spend them all before any fighting (which you totally are allowed to do), but you shouldn't discount the 6th and 7th level spell slot, or level 19's ASI. Is level 1 sorcerer that good?

Can Mystics use whatever Disciplines they want or can they only take Order specific Disciplines?

Ancients did rekindle my love for paladins after playing a lot of them in the older editions. Can't praise it enough for being different, but also very alluring.

If your DM allows Shadow sorcery it's something worth thinking over, I guess.

Why does /5eg/ keep trying to sell me "Dex is better stat then Str", if all the best weapons in the game are heavy polearms?

They can take whatever they want, except the 2 bonus disciplines for all non-soulknife orders MUST be from the order you belong to.

Especially in cases where you multiclass into something that has level 1 spells overlap with your bard spells, so you can retrain those premium Spell Known slots into something more clutch at higher levels.

dex is a better stat

but you need str if you are minmaxing for dpr

AC, Damage, Initiative, more commonly required Saving Throw.

Dex just does more. It's a better stat.

more skills too

That's AWESOME! Holy shit I'm going to have the strongest character ever. hahah i have more abilities than the faggot wizard

BTFO MAGIC KEKS PSI POWER
hahah have fun NEVER being played unless someone is going to multiclass into you hahahah

Barbarian1(or3)/Warlock1(or2)/AbjurationWizardX is a walking 'fuck you' pain train with armor of agathys. But it takes a while to get better spell slots to do that stupid shit with. You could probably just remove the barbarian levels and take more wizard levels instead for a better ward and eventually stoneskin or something.
But you really should go abjuration wizard with armor of agathys.

Moon druid is always an HP sponge.

Barbarogue is a pretty good sponge, too. Rage+Uncanny dodge = 1/4 damage taken from an attack (if it even hits, when a dex barbarogue gets 22 base AC from shield+20dex+20con)
Evasion + danger sense = dex saves do jack shit to you.
Str + con save proficiency.
12 starting HP, 4d12s after that and then rogue levels after that. More health if you keep stacking on +con at ASIs.

In any case, barbarian1/moondruid2 sounds like a crazy damage sponge for the low levels and your DM might actually get angry at you for using it.

Can someone give me ideas for a Goblin Deepstalker X/Rogue 1 who's preferably good.

Isn't the resistance to pretty much all damage a pretty big thing to pass up on if you want to be the tankiest there ever was?

Because the only exceptions are when you use polearms.
>Paladin (Why bother going dex?)
>Str Barbarian (You can bother going dex for tankiness)
>Str Barbarogue (Kinda because barbarian, kinda because grapples.)
>Str Fighter (You can bother going dex for much more combat versatility and keeping out of danger but very slightly less damage and slightly less AC.)

So I just finished my first real large fight in a new campaign.
3rd level warlock, half orc using Mace of Dispater and Cloak of Baalzebub(not entirely sure if it's the right name), with 18 strength and fuckall armor.

Our DM had us roll stats in order, but was fairly kind in that we rolled 4d6, removed lowest. I ended up with 0 dex modifier.
Am I stuck on a whopping 11 dex or should I consider going into a multiclass?

I tend to try to avoid multiclassing but I am just a walking punching bag right now and not entirely sure how I can solve that. I probably could get medium armor proficiency and a shield but that'd open up the issue with having to have a free hand to cast spells.

>barely any STR skills
>Lots of DEX skills
>STR skills barely come up
>DEX saves are more relevant
>DEX can increase AC
>DEX improves initiative

It's just better all round.

Question: If a Wu Jen Mystic takes the Find Familiar spell using their 6th level ability, Arcane Dabbler, can the familiar deliver touch effects generated by psionic disciplines or talents? (IE Mastery of Light and Darkness's Light ability)

Actually, yeah. To expand on my post.

Strength has three uses:

Strength barbarogues (Grappling)
Shield master (Shoves)
Polearm Mastery (DPR)
That's literally it. If you don't want one of those, go dex.

you can always put up 1 barb to get like 70% of the resistance you will face.

RAW no, but again, playtest material. I'd allow it. You're ultimately just putting your familiar in potential danger .

Barbarouge is so nice. Getting both expertise and advantage on grapples makes for a pretty go controller even if you don't max out STR.

I like longsword. It's really hard to find a way to use it... everyone else is either going for rapier or polearm.

How do you handle players who rolled shit stats?

Got a Warlock who has 8 Str, 9 Dex. During spellcasting he's fine, but he can't ever hit anything in combat.

Allow it man we are the best class. literally we can do anything. im going to 1 v1 the wizard next session and blow him out. hahah this class is so amazing dude

i carry every fight and im the face of the party BLOWING OUT the paladin he seriously HATES me but hey im just better plus i just mind control him when he starts acting up hahahahah

> Finally, when you Cast a Spell with a range of touch

Guess what doesn't count as SPELL?

>During spellcasting he's fine, but he can't ever hit anything in combat.
???

Don't let them roll and use point buy instead.
Otherwise it was just a twist of fate, play the character with the flaws it has.

stop rolling for stats like an educated person who know probability and know social gathering basic etiquette.

Longsword, Shield Master and Heavy Armour on a Fighter. It's not fancy but it's going to be pretty decent, and with Fighter ASI's you can take Alert and maybe even Resilient (DEX) somewhere down the line.

Warlocks only NEED charisma. Con is nice. The other are not a big deal, your job is just to spam eldritch blast anyway.

Are they spells with a range of touch? No? No. Sorry.

I don't use this board much, but I'll drop my dream campaign in here:

Everyone is a bard.

All with different instruments, all with different talents, but they're just a band. They come up with a name and try to go on a shitty little indie tour, and every town they stop in the mayor yells at them to kill a dragon.

It would be the perfect game.

It's a very specific niche. The longsword can be replaced by rapier in every single place it's good at because versatile is honestly almost completely worthless.
So, you need to use sword and board in a case where you shouldn't just go PAM or something. So you get shield master, which also gives you reason to use strength.
And then valor bard gives you extra attack which allows you to make up to two grapples around and gives more reason to trigger shield master's bonus thing.
It's all a bit convoluted if you want longsword to be an 'optimal' pick, but in this very specific case with your character it actually is.
I'd still say it's better than doing it on a fighter or something because expertise in athletics and all the things you can steal with spellcasting will probably make it worth it over fighter.

>Rolling for stats
And how come he can't hit stuff in combat? Is their charisma only 8?

Any input on this?
I am the sketchy party member, and due to circumstances and the gifts that was given to him, he wouldn't be entirely against becoming a man of faith for his patron, effectively becoming a cleric/cultist type of deal.

Is this just a retarded idea and I should stay away from multiclassing?

What instrument would you play in that game? I think I'd go for an electric triangle.

They'd break up half way through the campeign like all bands

>Am I stuck on a whopping 11 dex or should I consider going into a multiclass?
I mean, you can use an ASI to increase your Dex. As a warlock you should have 12 AC (studded leather) or 13 (mage armor invocation). If you take the Moderately Armored feat, that grants you +1 Dex (to reach 12) and up to 16 AC, even without shields.

So with Polearm Master, can you use the extra d4 attack once per turn, or once per attack you make?

"No man! Fuck you, that's it! I told you last stop that we're not killing any more kobolds without telling them they're no longer slaves!"

"Come on, man, you're being a dick. I've got, like, two XP left and-"

"I don't give a shit, alright? It used to be about the music. Now you might as well just be another cleric or wizard or whatever the fuck. We're done,"

He storms away as the third member of the band plays a tune of sorrow on his enchanted keytar.

I did this once, works best if "everyone has a level in" bard

That way you can Paladins Sorcerers Warlocks Swashbucklers and Bards, with all the balance of Healing, Tanking, Utility and DPS it requires

Well, flavor-wise I can't really get rid of either the Mace of Dispater or Cloak of Baalzebul so I won't have access to the mage armor until 5, even so I'd have pretty low AC.
Currently only using leather armor dude to starting the campaign in basically a jail.

Taking moderately armored could work, just wondering if it's worth it compared to going into another class that gives armor proficiency.
Maybe I'm just overthinking it and getting too caught up in Veeky Forums thoughts?

Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.

Did the other 3 bards leave already

So if I'm going to dip 2 into Fighter on my Ranger, should I just go to 3? I mean if I do that I get either 4 Superiority Dice which is pretty good but I'm not sure if I should go Battlemaster, Scout or Monster Hunter with it.

>access to the mage armor until 5

Buy enchanted Studded Leather armor and save yourself up a Invocation

>Buy enchanted Studded Leather armor
Well I did specify starting in a jail and being literally dirt poor.
Also, our DM doesn't really do the whole "magical item shoppe in random mining village".

Can vouch for this. Played in an all wizard party that felt really divers due to everyone taking diferent schools and dipping into other classes. Obligatory Muscle Wizard was the only one who stayed pure to the art of evocation magic.

How do you red mage? Lore Bard??

Dragging up, what, two days old comment for this, but the cross shaped bomb explosion really tickles my bomberman, personally. I'd allow it.

Lore Bard would probably fit pretty well.

> not fighter 1 / favored soul x

Arcana Cleric

His DM might not allow Favored Soul however. Lore Bard is a safe bet.

> can't even use sword
> no cool hats

>DMing for a group of friends I've played in multiple games with
>start a new campaign, no need to make characters
>party wakes up one at a time in a wizard's laboratory
>shit is exploding, shaking, spellcasters are running around going nuts
>all these statues everywhere, falling over
>spellcasters un-petrifying the statues
>party realizes they were statues
>fucking lasers bust through the door and start exploding everything
>power armor gestapo swoop in and start stomping everything
>wizard shunts the party into an escape tunnel and seals it behind them
>"uh so how do we play if we don't have character sheets"
>hand them their sheets
>they're all 5E-ified versions of past characters they've played that died to petrification
>tfw
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE, FAGGOTS

Bladesinger

Holy shit dude, fund it.

So do you throw medusas at them every session or something?

Well dude, you're a warlock, and Mace of Dispater has reach, right? Work with your teammates, attack from 10ft away while the enemy is locked in melee with your frontliner, then move behind them to gain cover against ranged attacks. Play smart and survive until you can get better armor or more invocations.

No, that's how you Spellfencer

Should I take GWM as a Hexblade or nah?

Nah that's the Old God flail thingy that has reach.
Mace of Dispater is just a regular old mace. Though I have been playing as tactical as I can to avoid getting blown up, but since I am a big half orc that tends to blow people up I also get targeted a lot.

Brilliant!

What's a good feat for a warlock that's not warcaster or spell sniper. I was thinking about picking up skilled or magic initiate.

Are you doing a Cursebringer build?

If so, yes.

+2 Cha is a really strong feat.

Anything that fits your character.
Actor can also be good if you're more of a party face or want to take advantage of your charisma.

How the fuck do you have so many petrified characters

Red mage can heal

The characters are all from games we played in going back more than ten years, and I only DMed during one petrification death (a wizard just cast it and that was that).

Two PCs are from a TPK to a gorgon that I was actually a player in. Could have used a third character from that actually but the class spread would have sucked and it's cooler if fewer PCs know each other, so I went with another character who got fucked by putting on gloves made out of cockatrice hide.

The last PC is the best story, because he was purposefully petrified by his party so that he could be given to the BBEG as a gift and installed in his lair as kind of a Trojan horse, to be unpetrified at a later date with a contingency spell on him, but the other character responsible for that died before the plan could be enacted so statue guy was boned forever.

Also, there are no medusas in the future.

> tfw trying to figure out the naming conventions of dragonborn and keep finding conflicting information that might be from older editions
Any help?

Found a guide with dmg:
>Assuming advantage from darkness + devils sight against a 16 AC target.
>(Pact of the) Blade with Rapier (20 Dex, 16 Cha) = 22.75
>Blade with Great Weapon Master (20 Str, 14 Cha) = 33.48 DPR

At what point does a group change alignment, /5e/? My party just slaughtered an entire city guard because they were attempting to put one of the PCs to death for a perfectly reasonable reason.

I didn't come up with the alignment of the guards beforehand, but this is not a corrupt city by any measure. I imagine most of the guards are honest guys who just want to protect their town.

> PCs had multiple opportunities to just escape
> PCs didn't try very hard to RP their way out of the situation
> PCs are getting dangerously used to just killing anyone they don't like to deal with sticky situations

On the other hand though, I didn't say anything about an alignment shift before they started cutting down guard after guard, and I feel I should've at least given some kind of fair warning.

How would you deal with this situation at your table? How would you view it objectively - reason for an alignment shift?

yeah i am, how often should i take the -5? for every attack or nah?