CYOA General

CYOA General

Last Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

I just want my Necromancer update. Is it that much to ask.

Go away. Nobody likes skeletons. Get some meat on those bones.

preview for next iteration of steam games CYOA.

also will increase number of choices to accommodate for the increased choices.

Love this one.

Alexander Blackwell

The Fanged Tower

Item: Circlet

Estate (fanged tower suite): Meditation Chamber, Alchemy Lab, Apprentice, Spymaster, Lounge, Seneschal

Staff: Cypher, Mr.Smith, Heather
Friends: Alison Keynes, Amadeus Habsburg

Spells:
Glamour II
Selective Tangibility M
Shield I
Heal I
Dispel II
Summon M

Complication: Wyld Hunt

Despite his parents' protests, Alexander Habsburg-Blackwell decided to forfeit all the benefits of having a comfortable place in his family's affairs, and follow his heart's desire to study in the Fanged Tower. Having taken his father's last name, he quickly rose in both knowledge and renown as an expert in the Empyrealm Studies. Naturally, he chose a young Feycrowned Heather as an apprentice, perhaps because the Ascension was an interesting and unexplored phenomenon, or perhaps because he felt sorry for the girl who would've been used by the great families to further their own ends. He sometimes works as a police consultant, helping his childhood friend Alison and her subordinates to solve difficult cases where Fey magic may have been involved. Although he lost almost all connections to his dwindling family, he still maintains a good relationship with Amadeus Habsburg, the patriarch. Thanks to him, Alexander accumulated a vast network of contracts from different walks of life, and has some presence in the Senate. His personal project, the development of stable portals through Empyrealm, was interrupted because of the strange magical phenomena that started to manifest in the city. Those Empyrealm fluctuations intrigue Alexander. Can the Feycrowned girl be a key to all of this? Did lesser nations decide to use the fey to overthrow Aveilorn? He intends to find out.

Don't worry, skelebro, I'm sure it'll be here soon. In the meantime, why don't you play us a tune on those ribs of yours?

Also, would be interesting to see a possible expansion with more spell effects/spell combos. For example, my personal headcanon for Blackwell's mastery spell combos:

Gateway (Selective Tangibility + Summon): Simultaneously binds a Fey spirit to two different points in space, essentially creating a bridge through the Empyrealm. The portal is unstable, and requires immense concentration and a lot of magical energy to maintain. Fanged Tower made creation of stable gateways one of its foremost goals.

Avatar (Summon + Selective Tangibility): The mage dives deeper into the Twilight while binding a summoned Fey spirit to his body. Such connection allows the spirit to provide infinite magical energy to its host, and use its own powers to protect it. The bond is hard to maintain for long, and scholars are unsure about what would happen if the mage failed to maintain his concentration.

You should make the background for the second Dawn of War slightly lighter. As it is, you can barely make out the symbol.

>More than one waifu guilt tripping user

Bless SDA for his guide on the pastebin, that was a godamn godsend.

Anyhow, sorry if its kinda shitty/short. Hope ya'll enjoy it!

Alva
The Fortrolig
Portion of residence.

Be, Sr, Pr, Am, Pt, Tm, No, He, O, C

>still no neps

Tli
Tammy
Residence

I feel like residence is a pretty easy way to get around Tammy's issue (not that it's hard to find already dead human flesh)

>No option to molest fuckboy Gilgamesh

I'd suggest a limit of one game per series too

Tried to pick out some of the grammatical errors I noticed. Proofreading ain't my forte so if anyone notices any sentences that read like shit please tell me immediately.

In Alva's description, "indefintately" should be "indefinitely"

And her name should also be capitalized in all instances it is listed.

Jade for ghost-daughter
Fortrolig for mouse-daughter
Alva for shapeshifting lewds

It'll be just like a family sitcom! Only magic!

Fortrolig for cute
Alva for lewds
Room for paradise

I agree with you should make a mystery box pertaining to the dumb blonde.

This was cute user. Short, sweet, and to the point. Part of me wanted to see the typical item / companion / location options, but it isn't really necessary. Visually it's not hard to read but attractive to look at. Good job.

>cyoa
>all the choices are waifus

>he wants to fuck the pocket dimension dwelling

You have some strange fetishes if all of them are waifus.

>he doesn't want to fuck the pocket dimension dwelling

>the pocket dimension dwelling doesn't want to fuck him

>implying that's a problem

I bet that dwelling has some amazing ceramic tiles, too.

This is why Angel left us.

Hey user did you start work on that RWBY CYOA yet?

Angel is always with us. She's our guardian angel.

>Spoiler
Dear god not again

Angel's watching you fap.

Who the fuck is Angel

this post is uncomfortably and surprisingly depressing

You're better off not knowing.

A lesbian who at least once upon a time was really really defensive about everything.

Gay user kill yourself

Thank God for that

>Who the fuck is Angel

A annoying attention whore who hopefully by now should have killed herself

wow

Thanks for the answers. You guys must really hate lesbians.

>You guys must really hate lesbians.
Considering how many want to be the girl (little or not), I think it's less "lesbians in general" and more "that particular lesbian".

No it's just her that seems to be hated so strongly. Also there's one guy around here that does really hate lesbians, and femdom. And he's as big of a problem as her when she's around because they keep arguing constantly filling threads up with stupid arguments. However that guy is user, as where angel has used a trip in the past.

Nel for science
Jade for resources
Tammy for JUSTICE

Nel uses Jade's power crystals and financial resources to build Tammy a power suit. Villains beware!

There's also that one homophobe.

Who is probably a closeted homosexual.

Given the intense amount of sperging they do anytime a dick is mentioned, they really should at least kind of consider a clandestine meeting in a bus station bathroom.

Ya know, figure out what's really going on in their life?

Enjoyed. Nel, Jade, Residence.

Haven't been on the thread much the past few days, didn't HL say there was going to be a Traveller update on Sunday? Did she not deliver?

No, but don't rush her. It will come out when it comes out. Apparently she's decided she's gonna release anotheR CYOA or two alongside it and is polishing them right now.

And she's helping the Scientist with Necromancer.

Soon fellow patient anons, soon.

With all due respect towards Highlander, whenever she gives release dates, those are more suggestions. Give it around Wednesday, probably.

Nel, Alva, and Jade. Between Nel and Jade I should be able to do some truly amazing things, and Alva running around in nothing but a scarf and socks gives me all kinds of pleasant tingles.

We love Highlander.

Highlander is a Muslim, she can't possibly be a lesbian.

>Pb, Mn, Sc

Combined, can increase my density, safely, from 1x to 60x.

>I

Can grow to 10x human size.

>Rn

Strength and speed increase based on mass.

>Th, Ru

Gain a powerful hammer and the ability to shock people with the voltage of a car battery, plus 1/day lightning strikes.

>Ho

Anyone I capture is immediately subject to Stockholm Syndrome.

>La, Ac

Gain four additional elements

>Es, Pd

IQ and wisdom both double

>Pt, Re

Gain $100,000,000 and cure cancer for everyone forever.

So now I'm a sage, genius, millionaire playboy philanthropist, with the ability to grow 10x larger and 60x denser, with strength and speed proportional to my mass and the hammer of Thor. I'm a world-wide hero for curing cancer, so I'm definitely not going to be a suspect in any missing persons cases. Nope.

I'm more apathetic about the whole deal. At this point, unless I see the trip, I've just assumed that anyone acting like Angel is just that: an actor. I outright refuse to believe that someone is as autistically bipolar as what has been said under her namefag.

>if you hate something you must secretly love it!!!!

Alva, Grom, Tli

what a magnanimous gilgamesh

Build for the Dream Prince CYOA from the last thread.

>Nordic Realm
Skilled Warrior, Berserker, and Poet

>Realm Shaping (-3)
Lascivious, Humanoid, Technology, Cyberpunk Enhancements

>Abilities (-7)
Bard Prince (Poetry)
Fury Prince
Mystical Master
Melee Master (Warrior, Dual wielding)(Hammers)
Sorcerer Prince (Weather Magic)
Prince Stallion
Psionic Prince (Telekinesis, Telepathy)
Luck-Blessed Prince

>Items (-7)
Amu’zan’s Armament x3 (2 one-handed warhammers of lightning, two-handed greathammer of thunder)
Amu’zan’s Aegis (Viking armor, immune to heat)
Amu’zan’s Augment
Copacetic Conveyance (Spacecraft aesthetically based on a Viking longship)
Wondrous Artifact

>Darker Dreams (+8)
Oath Bound, Bedeviled, Easily Distracted, Night Terrors, Impish Sibling, Danger Prone, Capture Prone

>Quests
Massive Monsters, Pixie Poachers, Strip Club Struggle, Kidnapped Cuties, Paradise Perverted, Valkyrie Venture, Extremely Eerie Edifice, Wretched Woad, Purloined Provisions, Province Particle, Bare Battle Babes, Occult Ogre, Troglodyte Troubles

>Princesses (-6)
Ashanti Willowsong, Constance Hillington, Gwendolyn Bennet, Zariea Sha’tul, Aurelia Forge, Telatha Persys, Bula Ghorza

I am a Viking warlord, sailing the seven seas and the spacelanes in my starfaring longship. The princesses I have chosen to rescue boost my martial prowess in nearly every aspect, and grant me alliances with the orc and naga tribes. After that, the quests barely pose a threat at all.

dynasty barca
spells
glamour level 1
telekinesis level 1
telepathy level 1
selective tangibility level 1
shield level 2
heal level 1
dispel level 1
levitation level 1
summon level 1
evocation level 2
item circlet
estate magic meditation center
combat scholar-at-arms
subterfuge spymaster
security mundane fortifacations
social lounge
staff mario and kurt
friends horatio karling and charles lancelot

>there's one guy around here that does really hate lesbians, and femdom.

Who the fuck could possibly hate femdom? It's the best fetish imaginable.

V4 Worm / FPL user here. Here's a teaser of what's to come. I'm temporarily removing categories for now. Anyway, do let me know what you think of the setting. There's be the option to join various factions after you've chosen your powers/build. And speaking of powers, here are a couple of the less generic powers that will be available and an example of how outright broken they can be.

Did Universal War ever get an update past 1.6?

Post JoJo cyoa

This one?

Very cool. That's probably the first space viking build I've seen.

Thank you, thank you. I enjoy any setting that has Viking-based cultures, and this Dream CYOA gave me a unique opportunity to blend Viking elements into a spacefaring cyberpunk world.

On that note, if anyone has any other CYOAs that include Vikings, I would appreciate them.

what?
viking world cyoa and viking raperaider cyoa not enough for you?
next your gonna tell me there arent enough hungarian battlebutler cyoas....

You're quoting the wrong post there user.

I wanted that too originally but I couldn't fit all the choices I wanted into one game.

I like the setting so far but I think it'll be the factions that really decide that.
The biggest thing I picked up from the teaser is Obeying the Law perk which I love, especially with the example being super speed.

No such thing as enough Viking CYOAs.

Vikings are the true master race.

Goodie, thanks for the feedback.

If you've seen the Companions page for Worm CYOA v4, there's a character who weaponizes her lack of connection to the "Fast Force".

>Vikings
>Master Race
If you can call cowardly "warriors" who mostly raided monasteries and unguarded villages because they couldn't fight real warriors head-on a master race.

We all know who the true master race is. Rome CYOA when?

Fucking this.

Anyone who espouses the virtues of honor and the warriors code but thinks it's alright to attack defenseless villages and makes slaves of those who have no martial prowess and forces them to waste away are not a master race.

There is a reason real viking culture was replaced by civilized ones. They couldn't support themselves and turned into cattle when their rotten lifestyle left them weak.

They couldn't FIND real warriors. That's hardly something they can be blamed for. If you want to blame them for something, blame them for becoming weak when Christianity happened to them.

Fuck yeah, Rome is also awesome. One on one fight, though, Viking berserker slaughters Roman legionnaire.

Nobody said anything about honor. Literally nobody.

>blame them for becoming weak
>Christianity
They have always been weak. Christianity united them to be a real force to be rekon with.

Christianity is why they settled down and stopped being a warrior culture. The fuck are you on about?

One on one fight, sure, but a thousand Roman legionnaires could probably take out a thousand Viking berserkers. If you make it so that the Romans have access to the same quality of steel that the Vikings did, then it's definitely in the Romans' favor.

Grom
Alva
Jade

Time to become a political powerhouse!

So authors!
What's the latest cyoa your working on?
Sci-fi or fantasy?
Waifus or Husbandos?
Tacticool toasters or enchanted stop signs?

I suggest you take a look at the Carolinians. Vikings weren't warriors in the first place, but temporary raiders. To go on viking is to go raid others, which was a national past-time in the Baltic/Nordic region at that time. Especially so in Norway, where it was often a necessity for survival, simply because there was not enough farmland for everyone.

Romans never fought one on one. That's what made them so powerful. Order, loyalty and brutally underhanded pragmatism.

Almost certainly. Especially given that a typical Roman legion had much more support than any given thousand Vikings.

Which made them individually into formidable warriors. They rowed themselves to a place, murdered everyone there, and rowed back. Not organized, not a deadly collective, but individually incredibly dangerous.

Absolutely agree. I'm not questioning the superiority of a Roman Legion to a collection of 1,000 Vikings.

Alva
Nel
Residence

Now, with a fancy new home, a bunch of loyal servants, a brilliant seer, and a imp to spy and collect dirt on any potential enemies I make, I'm ready to really start scheming!

>Which made them individually into formidable warriors. They rowed themselves to a place, murdered everyone there, and rowed back. Not organized, not a deadly collective, but individually incredibly dangerous.
Lol, no. A part-time raiding farmer is in no way individually incredibly dangerous. Any professional soldier, thing or hirdman would be superior in combat.

I'm not talking about the farmers. I'm talking about the Vikings that didn't have farmland because, as you said, there wasn't enough for all of them. The farmers were probably more dangerous than the farmers of any other culture, though, I agree, probably not as dangerous as a trained soldier, but the full-time raiders were vicious.

I'm sorry I just have a friend ho refuses to acknowledge that the vikings didn't have honor. He believes they were on par with samurai in there strict belief in homor and respect.

He refuses to believe that they were murderers and thieves. It's become tiresome. They're just pirates with a heavier emphasis on kill counts and feats of might dammit.

It's cool. I understand and am totally fine with the idea that the Vikings were basically thugs. They did have a code amongst themselves, but as far as outsiders go? Pfft. Fuck 'em. Literally.

Raiding and looting wasn't a fulltime job for anyone though. If you're not a farmer, you could very well be a trader, craftsman, hunter, shepherd, thrall, or soldier.

>I'm sorry I just have a friend ho refuses to acknowledge that the vikings didn't have honor.
All men have honour of some sort though.
>He refuses to believe that they were murderers and thieves.
It's not murder or thievery when it's part of a war. It's killing and looting. Outlaws are thieves and murderers and it's quite well known that Nordics had a court system in the Tings, that would convene whenever necessary.