Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you do with genies in your games? Do you keep them tied to a pseudo-Arabian culture, and if not, what is their role?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropdeadstudios.com/forum/#/20170321/my-concerns-regarding-spheres-of-might-so-far-5401451/page8/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDwotNLyz10
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEYYnCPm11coqUBqMgcGekO37Zkm9zQyn¶ms=EAEYATgBSAFYA2ILYW1DYWI3Mi02ekVoAQ%3D%3D&v=njZ8oCIX6hk&mode=NORMAL
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Tiger_Lords
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DM was a really big Robin Williams fan, last time a genie showed up in one of our games was right after he died.

Guy gave us all a limited wish, but with the caveat that the wishes could not be used for greedy purposes. This was to a party that had a CE Barbarian in it.

Jolly will save Spheres of Might, but only with YOUR help. Leave comments on the playtest documents and in the DDS threads hammering home the flaws in the current iteration and how to fix them. Provide enough ammunition and even the likes of Ssalarn can be defeated.

Jolly has been MIA.

Ssalarn is dismissing and deleting more comments.

Hey, what happened to the last general? I was slowly phoneposting(I know, I know) and it just disappeared.
Well, an user was asking about Skalds, and if you're still around, here's some tips.
For feats, picking Power Attack and going to town with a 2hander is a good idea. From there, you can consider either speccing into Intimidate with Cornugon Smash/Hurtful/Shatter Defenses, or pick Arcane Strike and go for Riving Strike if there are Save or Suck casters in your party.

Rage powers are a little trickier, I've found: they really depend on party composition and number, in particular.
Superstition and Celestial Totem are generally good defensive options, and Beast Totem is an obvious offensive powerhouse; if there are plenty of Melee attackers in your party, Spirit Totem is a fine choice. Following this, if there is a summoning focused character in your party, Spirit Totem becomes more valuable and you can pick some powers that are usually only useful with summons: the Linnorm Death Curses and Bloody Fist. Summons usually have so many Nat attacks that probably at least one will crit, and if the enemy tries to seat away them to deny flanking and stuff, they'll explode in a SARENRAE SNACKBAR cloud. A bit gimmicky, but hilarious.

It's almost like he doesn't want any feedback that isn't positive. I actually look forward to 2hu's playtest data.

dropdeadstudios.com/forum/#/20170321/my-concerns-regarding-spheres-of-might-so-far-5401451/page8/

Not a full genie, but I have an NPC half-efreeti in my game. More of a punch girl than a caster/wish granter, she still got bound to a lamp when a full blooded relative found a way to pass the buck and leave her taking orders from a crazy merchant-queen. Ended up with a crush on the party's pyro wizard girl and went to some trouble to ensure said wizard got her lamp after the merchant lady was dead. Wizard gorl sort of returns her affections but is socially awkward as fuck and not really sure how to treat her to a date.

I have to say, one of the strongest dips any character can make using Spheres of Might is spending one feat on Extra Combat Talent (Dueling). Take both drawbacks for Dueling, and then spend your two free talents on:

>Defensive Slice
>When a ranged attack is made against you or a target within your reach, you can cut the weapon (or ammunition) out of the air, deflecting the attack so the target takes no damage. As an attack of opportunity, make a melee attack roll at your highest bonus. If the result is greater than the attack roll total of the ranged attack, the attack is deflected. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed. Associated Feat: Cut from the Air.

>Scar Tissue
>Your countless dueling practices have built up thick scar tissue and callouses that provide you protection from bleeding wounds. You gain DR 2 / bludgeoning and reduce all bleed damage you take by 1; bleed damage cannot be reduced below 0 by this ability. At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter the damage reduction granted by this ability increases by 2 points and you reduce any bleed damage you take by an additional 1 point.

For the price of a single feat, you gain Cut from the Air + Smash from the Air and scaling damage reduction X/bludgeoning.

Take Muscular Reflexes (Strength-based Combat Reflexes from Spheres of Might) or Combat Reflexes, and you and any ally in your reach should be extremely well-defended against anything that requires a ranged attack roll.

This is probably unintentional though, seeing how a one-feat/one-talent investment is usually less spectacular.

2hu may not be the hero we want.

But they're the hero we need.

Can you actually take drawbacks when taking a feat to get a talent?

>Sphere-Specific Drawbacks
>Sphere-specific drawbacks grant the practitioner an extra combat talent in the prerequisite sphere. A practitioner does not gain the bonus combat talent until they gain the sphere-specific drawback’s prerequisite sphere.

There is no stipulation against such.

Say I'm building a unarmed barbarian because i want to punch things.
Brutal Pugilist is obvious, but am i better going beast totem or a dip into martial artist monk to up my unarmed strike damage?

If i went monk could I flurry of blows while raging?

How can you dip lawful monk from chaotic barb?

You only need to be lawful while gaining monk levels, you don't lose the abilities if you ever go chaotic. So the character could be a once lawful character that went neutral or chaotic.

Martial artist monk archetype can be any alignment, but replaces ki abilities with bonus feats.

What are some essential feats for Zen Archer? Besides Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot. Never made a dedicated archer so any advice would be appreciated.

Vult sent out PM acceptances last night, if you didn't get in, you're out.

Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Clustered Shots, then it branches out a bit. You can pick up the Snap Shot line for taking ranged attacks of opportunity, or Ranged Trip/Disarm or any of the other Called Shots feats to get silly with it. But if you're using a bow, generally you'll want to full-attack with as many arrows as possible as soon as possible.

Are Rapid Shot and Manyshot still worth taking? They don't stack with Flurry of Blows for the Zen Archer.

But I didn't get anything. I thought he wanted a cute corruption dump...

It seems that the Spheres of Might blacksmith is slowly being adjusted towards sanity, although they might be going too far with it. Economic crafting went from a must-have smithing insight to something nearly useless (10% off on mundane crafting) until 10th-level. Likewise, thunderous blows' natural armor/natural weapon sunder no longer applies the bonus damage dice, making it a very tenuous option given how high CMD scales, and how much it takes to optimize for sunder. Perhaps they could have been toned down in a way that did not cripple their usefulness?

Besides; sharpen weapons, practiced power, and penetrating blows are still untouched, when they are a flagrant source of extra offense on a full BAB chassis.

Oh, I'm dumb. In that case, skip both of those. You've got a surprising amount of options now! Clustered Shots is still a must-have since you'll need it to punch through anything with DR, but in early levels it isn't that necessary.

Improved Called Shot would be more worth it if you could deal crazy high damage per shot, which probably won't happen. Snap Shot (and its improvements) will let you protect yourself from things coming at you or your friends, but you'll need to take Rapid Shot (now useless due to being a Zen Archer) just to qualify for it. Ranged Trip/Disarm is potentially nice if you don't feel like doing damage and instead helping out your frontline fighters.

Assuming you're using a longbow, and your GM is actually using the soft cover rules, I can also suggest the Deadeye Bowman religion trait.

I don't think flurry is in any way stopped by rage.

BTW another option is going Brawler rather than martial artist monk, but you would need 2 levels for flurry. OTOH, martial flexibility can be nice.

Well, I guess it's Something.

We still have plenty of time to share our worry about its power creep.

Any word on Scholar? Or is it still mediocre?

Cool, thanks user.

No problem!
One last thing: Deadly Aim, of course. Power Attack for archers, how could I forget.

This might cause a bit of a change in your build, but have you considered becoming an evangelist of Erastil with the feat chain for animal companion? Being able to duplicate your animal companion is wicked, and with the evangelist prestige class you get faster access to the Wis to Damage feature with longbows.

I chose Zen Archer as I wanted to make an absurdly accurate sniper type which I can get with Perfect Strike, however that feat chain is pretty damn cool. Maybe for a future character.

I guess there were cuter corruption dumps. Or he went full yaoi

Which of the dex-based blade users do you think will make it into LoBaF?
>Shanan has a cool, sort of classic 'arabian nights' personality, and props to him for trying to pull off a swashbuckler.
>Rajima has a more straightforward, honorable personality that will likely facilitate teamwork, and she has good buffing and support capabilities, despite low damage.
>The Dunereach sounds just about as fun as Shanan, and fills the role of much needed skillmonkey. His damage potential is also pretty high, but he'll probably find it hard to get consistent kills once combat starts.
>Essa finds a sweet spot between hardass soldier and that Mulan vibe, which could make for interesting interactions between her and those not perceptive enough to find she's a woman. She seems more in line with a frontliner using dex than a true DPS, but she's got some utility alongside that as well.
Honestly these four are my favorite of the bunch for this campaign and I'm curious as to which has the best chance.

Is there any class that gets Nero's powers from DMC4?

unironically harbinger

Depends on the power in question.

If we're talking about his demon arm, then look at Avowed and the Aether Grasp shape. Meaning Avowed is probably the best way to mimic that.

His devil trigger is a different story though. Not to sure how to replicate that.

But if we're just talking DMC style crazy fighting skills, see

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDwotNLyz10

So youre saying Ill have to gestalt

Warder (fiendbound marauder) with a ranged discipline too?

The scholar has received absolutely no changes so far, at least as far as I can tell.

It is rather insulting that Ssalarn expects a scholar to be an effective user of the Scout sphere despite scholars being Intelligence-based, not Dexterity- and/or Wisdom-based.

The scholar's one claim to fame is being a (costly) two-level dip for Intelligence-based attack rolls, though this does not help with damage rolls at all, unless you circumvent the matter entirely using the Alchemy sphere.

As it currently stands, an investigator (battered detective, empiricist) accomplishes the Intelligence-based skill monkey gimmick far more effectively.

Hmm, alright. I still think that the wis to damage is worth it, but without the evangelist it gets harder to get it. Deific obedience+ versatile obedience is imo still decent, since it accelerates the progression and lets you cherrypick features at each tier. so you can get the Archety spell-likes from sentinel, the summons from exalted and the wis to damage from evangelist. Still on the topic of deific obedience, the Sentinel gets an accelerated Weapon training-ish progression with their favored weapon, so if you are not sold on the Zen Archer's later feats it is an option. I would also have recommended the fighter variant multiclassing for weapon training, but armor training is no use on a zen archer.

For other feats, I would agree with clustered shots being great. I would also look at ranged trip/ranged disarm and their upgrades, ace trip/ace disarm if you want more utility options.

They're all getting in.
You're not though.

How would you plot your way so that 5 poor low level characters ,not evil, take advantage of an ongoing aristocratic conspiracy, form an army, and take over the kingdom?

Of those four, Shanan is the only one to have followed up on the GM's instructions to have a bit more than the bullet points, and his story is solid, so he's easily the best of them.

What are you guys gonna apply to WWW with?

My rejected PLD app

but it won't even fit...

WHICH APP

!notNative American Brown Elf.
Probably Shaman or Vitalist. I just finished a character so I'll probably do it tomorrow.

When does the KSnH game open up for apps

>brown elf

Heavy breathing intensifies

The setting is too autistic and barely there to do more than bullet points.

Like some traits don't even make sense like earning your freedom, considering that enslavement is like 3 years at most unless you killed in cold blood with no justification in which case you're probably evil and not suitable for being a PC. Like three years nigga, just wait it out since being a slave is "safe" and "fair".

And finding art if you're earning your freedom is impossible since slaves have an autistic "shaved head with a side ponytail with an iron ball tied to it" haircut.

Like people bitch about Gamze, but we don't know about this Haleen, and Exhack at least tried to do stuff based around the character.

Will not apply to. If I got accepted, my schedule would go-Thursday: Wake up at 4:30 AM for a game, Friday: Stay up until 2 AM to get into WWW, play until morning, then at 11:30 PM that same day run my campaign. I don't think I can reasonably make such a schedule without completely draining myself.

Being a eurofag must be suffering

Sleep tight eurofag.

It was a private rejection. You'll find out Saturday

Sorry, Bon-bon.

How does it feel to know that the current /pfg/ games and the next few /pfg/ games will be flooded with setting-adjusted PLD rejects?

Backstories must always make assumptions and make shit up. There's an implicit agreement between the player and GM that ideas can be adopted into the game or changed to suit it. On the other hand, the GM saying straight up "Do X" and people not doing it is a pretty clear red flag.

Probably nothing. How directly that GM took from Fallout (3?) turns me away. I'm guessing that he's planning to use it throughout his story but modified into a western, and I've already played that story before.

Fallout NV actually.

But I've talked with the GM and just heard that he really liked the way that game opened and thought it was a good opening for a campaign with a revenge theme.

> Corruption
> Multiple counts of grand larceny before capture
> Murder someone and became regretful.
> Murder for tragic reasons
> Being extra-heretical

Plenty of reasobs to be a slave without being a sociopath.

its not true because its not like games got flooded with rejected dragons apps or rotjr apps

That's because those came from good advertisements, the people PLD are sending are not their best people, they're freeloaders and rapists.

I'm banking on it.

I'm going to invite select pld rejects and see how they adjust

we have to build a wall

Which game is yours?

Youre a leech and a shitposter

When starfinder drops I'm running an AC game, and you're all invited. except (you).
Hope you're ready for war.

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEYYnCPm11coqUBqMgcGekO37Zkm9zQyn¶ms=EAEYATgBSAFYA2ILYW1DYWI3Mi02ekVoAQ%3D%3D&v=njZ8oCIX6hk&mode=NORMAL

What did I ever do to (you), you greedy bastard?

please respond

Well, I'm fucking excited. I've been wanting a proper mech game since Arcforge was announced (And subsequently botched)

Hello, user.

when do apps open for that game
I haven't been this excited for a game in forever
>implying I'll be accepted

Not a leech if I wait until apps end.

Not posting until my writeups are done and pld apps end.

I'm not gonna be stealing pld's setting.

And it isn't theft if I'm inviting rejects.

KSnH?

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

?

i bet the rules for it will suck

i have no faith in paizo

S-some KSnHfag was going to run a GMT+8 game with political bullshit.

I'm not real hopeful either, but worst comes to worst I'll try and port some rules over from Mekton

i'll take 'things that won't happen for 500'

This popular anime will never get a season three.

;_________;

;;;;;;;___________________________;;;;;;;;;;

Just use Battle Century G.

I've already got an idea for what I'm making!

>I'm not gonna be stealing pld's setting.

Yeah, but if you're allowing direct implants of PLD characters than it shouldn't be too dissimilar?

You're still riding on someone elses success

PLD's setting is basically just Berserk.

What can people tell me about Numeria?

Macrophage please go.

>What can people tell me about Numeria?

It's a land of techno-barbarians fighting tech-fearing barbarians while Techpriests chant and experiment with extraterrestrial technology they can't even begin to fathom.

Okay, so who are the techno-barbarians and who are the tech-fearing barbarians?

I already applied. I just need to rewrite his backstory after I finish this other backstory first.

Just refluff Tenra Bansho Zero.

Centuries ago, a massive colony ship crashed into Numeria in an event known as the Rain of Stars, scattering tons and tons of debris across the countryside and littering the land with malfunctioning machines of both a technical and military bent.

Some of the local Kellid tribes embraced the technology, others have gone full Luddite and see it with the same fear and disgust a Christian might see a blood-drawn Pentagram.

The nation itself is ruled at Starfall, the capital built around the bulk of the colony ship and ruled by the Black Sovereign, a Kellid warleader who is dulled into idiocy and obedience by ship-found chemicals given to him by the Technic League, a society of people from around Avistan who *kind of* understand what the hell all this technology is, but only still understand it in the same way a bushman from the Amazon might "get" how a gun works after using it for a while.

Nah, it's gonna require some moderate retooling. Besides, there have been other reject-accepting games already (RotRK for instance).

Cool. So now I've got everything I need for The Silver Breaker. Tech wrecking, wolf and moon theme, Kellid barbarian leader type.

It's set far enough in the future that the world has gone through several cycles of stone age through super tech, and as a result the world is littered with remnants of ancient civilizations to such a degree that strange things from ancient times is commonplace, if still mysterious.

Thematically it strongly reminds me of Planescape. It tries very hard to be not mundane in every way.

> solve 5 captchas

Christ.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about one of your characters who was rejected from a /pfg/ game that you still love. How would you repackage him or her for another game or AP?

What game is this character for? If it's Kingmaker, you might be interested in claiming this character's heritage as being from the Tiger Lords Kellid Clan.

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Tiger_Lords

I've never been rejected.

I successfully get into any game i apply to.

but my characters have never been rejected