Amonketh leaks

marvel 2.0 goys

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cycling is back
>-1/-1 counters are back

Alright wizards, you've intrigued me. Don't fuck it up.

Thank Fuck I bought a dirty mike before they jumped 40 bucks after this spoiler.

what card is broken with mikey here?

Welcome back cycling.
I've missed you.

I'd love that demon as a 0/1 for 1B.

So we have no clue what Exerting is yet, right?

Planeswalker Pack Lili.

I'm betting Exerted cards don't untap during your next untap phase.

>set has -1/-1 counters on a discard/cycle as a mechanic
>thinking there is any possibility that wizards won't print something cheap that etbs with a -1/-1 counter
Mostly speculation, but seriously if anything gives your dudes counters dirty mike instantly has new toys.

And Gideon.

So are we going to see either make a comeback?

She better have 6 or more starting loyalty.

>7 mana planeswalker
>plus ability gives a single creature -1/-1
>minus ability doesn't do anything when she's played

This bitch had better start with 20 loyalty or something because that's beyond pathetic.

Seems way better than Lili, yet still very weak.

It's a planes deck, it's supposed to be shitty

The set is probably heavy on -1/-1 counters, both putting on your opponents creature and on your own
In the context of the set, she'll probably be always able to -3 the turn you play her

There are degrees of shitty, and a seven mana walker with no abilities is "why did you even print this" level.

mike?

Are we going to see wither or persist come back?

I think both would fit thematically.

Even in that case she'll just be a shitty version of Ob Nixilis that costs two mana more, and Ob is regarded as a weak walker.

Ob Nixilis isn't a Planeswalker Deck planeswalker

would be nice with Madness?

Oh wait, Madness exiles as replacement effect right? That means it interacts poorly with madness.

I don't understand why Planeswalker decks HAVE to be utter garbage trash useful solely for scamming new players.

It's still discarded. Hell, Obstinate Baloth technically gets discarded onto the battlefield.

Because if the planeswalkers ever became Standard playable the boxes would all get cracked, and there would be no stock left for newbies to get.

Because they're basically meant to be on the level of Intro Pack Rares.

They're what you'd get if WotC allowed themselves to print Rare planeswalkers now.

>Teaching = Scamming

Also, intro planeswalkers are barely bad enough for Standard. Most of the time, it's just that their CMC is too high

Madness replaces discard with 'discard but to exile instead of graveyard' so it would still trigger.

>tfw MtG did Dark World and Fableds better than YGO
I wish discard was a looser term in YGO as well.

ALSO those arts look sweet af, it seems at least flavorfully they're bound to not fuck up the plane.

What's the chance of those new Cycling cards turning Living End into a T1 deck?

Yeah i know, low. BUT STILL

If we get a Street Wraith style "free" cycle then it's pretty high

If it's just all 2 generic mana cycles then the chances are somewhere between low and non-existent

Mikaeus. "dirty mike" referring to Mikaeus the Unhallowed.

It's crazy how things can be simple and concise when there's a centralized database of rules and formal definitions of what everything does instead of an ad hoc collective of rulings from judges who make it up on the fly.

QUICK ORDER 20 OF THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah, Konami's trying to correct that with effect patterns. DW aren't even a case of conflicting rules, they just were too damn careful when writing their effects.

>this is now a 1 mana boardwipe if you play it with that new demon
Oh wow

Nahiri's wrath with the new demon?

Why does it say cycle or discard?
Cycling means discarding.

So it can work with other discard effects or the end of turn discard

for the normies I suppose.

>One with Nothing is 5 eurobucks on the site I order from usually
Did they see the worth in OwN when everyone was bashing it?

this is actually very playable if Exert is just "choose to do the thing"

this is a 5 mana 4/4 haster that "one sided fights" every turn.

Well it frees up 5 rare slots in a set that dont have to be filled with substandard rares for the intro packs.
>In b4 why are garbage rares still a thing then

A theory I've read is that Exert will put a -1/-1 on the creature using the ability.
Sounds pretty plausible to me.

that sounds realistic, but if its true that is a very meh dragon.

also if -1-1- counters is big in this set for standard, Snake.Dek gets hosed, as the snake forcibly makes those counters +1's

It's not about them being careful, it's about Yugioh being retarded about the word "send".

>Print cards that have an effect when discarded
>Whoa now, these are too good, let's print cards that "send" cards from your opponent's hand to the graveyard
>Print cards that have an effect when they die
>Whoa now, these are too good, let's print cards that "send" cards from the field to the graveyard

I wouldn't be surprised if they printed something that "sends" cards to exile now.

This sounds very plausible

>Cycle

>play
>not cast

What are the rules with respect to playing lands on your opponent's turn? If I play a land on my turn and then hit a land with this on their end step, do I get to play it? I won't have played a land that turn, after all.

I'm inclined to think it doesn't work that way, but if it does this card is disgusting

You should already know this. You can't play lands on your opponent's turn. All those pseudo-card-draw effects don't change the times at which you can play cards.

The term wizards uses is "impulse drawing"

First off, you can't play lands during your opponent's turn for any reason, even if a card would give you the opportunity to.
Second, if a card says you may play a card "until end of turn", then all the normal casting restrictions for that card are still in place. This card, unlike say Djinn of Wishes, does not allow you to play cards during your opponent's turn anyway.

Why is everyone so excited over Cycling?

I'm just a Commanderbabby with some casual drafting on the side, so I don't see the appeal beyond normal utility like e.g. Scry or cantrips.

control players are, makes most bad hands no longer bad if the cycler's are good for them.

Because Cycling is a keyword that has had a lot of good shit associated with it over the years. It's not entirely the strength of the mechanic that appeals to people, it's the connotations about the cards it will be printed on.

We didn't see Cycling in a while and they are probably going to explore new way of using it

Cycling just makes your game easier. It smoothes out your draws, it's fun with graveyard cards, it lets you have a bit more variety in your deck, ect.

Its not really a "commander sized" ability but in 60 card a small advantage like that can end up winning you the game

I have a feeling Snake was designed precisely so it would backfire on people when Amonkhet would come around.

Or maybe that is one of the interactions meant for those "giving your stuff to opponents" cards currently in standard.

>Dump shit in the yard for "FREE"™ and cheat it back into play/use it as fuel for stuff that wants things in the yard
>Get shit that's bad early/late out of your hand and replace it with stuff that isn't

this has been true for a while, and not just snake, but all bombs, usually the expensive mythics.

such as Avacyn, was one of the best cards in standard, now she's nothing and nowhere.

I had a dream last night that Wizards revealed the five Gods and they were all really bad. Like, printing Misthollow Griffin at Mythic Rare bad. I'm glad I woke up in this future!

Who /standard/ here?

They did a good job when they brought back madness, and I love cycling. I'm hype to see what WotC is going to do with it.

Cruel Ultimatum?

>Implying more than 1 of them, at absolute most, will see any real constructed play

to be far wizards have knocked it out of the park with the last few 'retro' mechanics they've brought back, madness, morph and scry were all massive hits

except madness only ever made it to standard in Fiery Temper, a reprint.

they flopped hard on making vampires good enough for standard, as they are all weaker on the curve than non-madness cards, by a big way.

zombies briefly had Volderan Pariah, but now we lost SMug cop (zombies was the real victim of that card banning)

Opinions on Cycling Lands in Standard/Modern?

for madness, in what? limited?

have you looked at standard since it came out?

Honestly, I'm more interested to see if they'll make for solid Commanders. I'm banking on them being shards over mono because I want to play Jund in Commander but nothing really strikes me outside of Prossh, who gets a bad rap on account of Food Chain shenanigans.

It was good in draft and sealed

Standard doesn't count since it's always trash

Where were these revealed? Wizard's site hasn't updated for me.

I saw it on magicspoiler, i think some of those were genuinely leaked.

Cool thanks.

Also gravedigger at uncommon. FUCK

they'll be mono, WoTC would have had massive fanfair for a triple color block to come out again, they would have screached it from the rooftops.

what if exert requires you to pay the mana cost? or perhaps only the colored part of the mana cost? sounds something R&D would come up to instead of just naming a trigger.

it is definitely too powerful if it's free. i mean it has fucking haste. 5cc for 4 damage to player and 4 damage to creature would be insane even ona sorcery.

this is almost always one of the more playable effects like this in any limited its in.

especially if you get two.

>"Combat damage"

Fuck off

interesting, full-named tokens are always cool

Look behind Glorybringer. I don't get it.

Why not just reprint Keen Sense tho?

I guess Mummy's will be specially denoted as such by being "Zombie Human".

I guess this means they still have their faculties/mind.

its probably a bear that when it dies makes a token that has the same name.

so.. value really.

This set is looking gorgeous.

>"S-S-S-Someone might put it on a pinger, draw 5 cards and hurt my feelings!"

Neat!

ZOMBIE JACKAL's

I bet its probably them trying to avoid confusing new players.

Garbage reason as always, but that is why.

Backup plan for Pummeler?

this set looks amazing

JACKAL PUP REPRINT!?!

mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html