/hhg/- Horus Heresy General

degenerate furfag edition

we'll escape this cancer in our plastic thunderhawks sub-edition

>Double, double, bitter and autism trouble;
Flaemwars burn and blood pressure bubble.
With plastic of an infini-hawk,
In the dedthread argue and gawk;
Eye of Horus and head of Ferrus,
Omnissiah's not real and scanon preserve us!
Previous Thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/52381440#bottom

>READ, BY THE SCANANON, READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discord.gg/HuC8CGT

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Barthusa_Narek
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Imperator Titan model when?

I know i wanna buy a £10k model I'll never use

Huh, that would actually be a pretty good £-to-points ratio.

At least they can made it in titanicus.

Loyalist Thousand Sons.
Too snowflakey or doable?
At least it'd save me from the worst accusations of cheesemongery without Magnus and Ahriman...

Playing a loyal Legion as loyal isn't snowflakey.

None of the tson stuff is alignment specific.

Loyalist Word Bearers.
Too impossible or too possible?
As least it'd save me from the worst accusations of douchebaggery without Erebrus, Kor Partheon or Lorgar....

So what are the actual stats on a Thunderhawk? Mechanicum player here, so I don't have access to whatever book it's in. Can you shoot it up with Krakens and Haywire, or does it have Void Shields or that Titan immunity thing?

Ksons characters aren't restricted by alignment, so you can have a Loyal Magnus. Does that mean you can have Magnus vs Magnus?

I think Word Bearers have rule where they can't be loyal.

Eleventh for how viable is it to deep strike 20-man squads?

It's nothing to particularly worry about as it's overcosted like woah.

And I thought the Stormbird lacked punch. That's two Stormravens rolled together with slightly more punch for the cost of FOUR and a LoW. Man, that's depressing for the guy looting all the Superheavy Flyers for Mechanicum.

For only 65 points more than a fully upgraded one, you can get the slightly less crappy but still only decent Stormbird, which is two Baneblades rather than two Stormravens.

Well technically the TS were all loyal untill after the battle on Prospero. And then they had no choice.

Too impossible

>armoured cockpit option
>on a superheavy
Oh forgeworld. You so silly.

It makes sense given he was broken apart into individual shards of personality.

Book and page? totally skipped that bit

Seppuku Bronon.

I guess you could argue that if you're using the generic legion rules you're not "using the rules presented here". Pretty rules-lawyer-y though.

Why couldn't they simply post this under the LA rules and said "the rules below this section..."

Yep, it's pretty shit you end up paying for what might as well be a flying shadowsword with transport capacity that gains none of the real benefits of being a flyer besides movement rate, and shittier armor. For almost twice the price.

>yfw 3 vultarax cost half that and can intercept it with a cyber-occularis present nearby and stand a decent chance of destroying it outright

Brexit Titans anyone?

Children of Silonius when?

>implying Magnus was wrong
Just have it as the blood Ravens
And run the combined shard of Magnus as Ahriman

When he impregnate women.

>implying magnus wasn't wrong

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Barthusa_Narek

Well, you'd have to roll literally no ones on a 2+ that must be rerolled, but you'd certainly punish it and if there was something like a Droplite squad to chip in it'd be totally screwed.

>he escaped to the surface of Prometheus

You ever wonder how that one Sallie successor chapter got all mutated?...

Page 92 Age of Darkness Legions

>magnus please dont do the thing
I, THE GREAT AND ALL KNOWING MAGNUS, WILL NOW DO THE THING MY BELOVED FATHER EXPLICITLY TOLD ME NOT TO DO

Is Cato Sicarius a shard of Magnus?

I want some evil Vulturax, and that pic some user posted a few threads ago got me thinking. Pic related is about the right size in that position, and the tentacles coil up about right for easy basing. Add some Kataphron Heavy Arc rifles and a couple Havoc Launchers, would he make a passable DarkMech vulturax for my Genetors? Obviously would need to be resprayed and painted up again.

subjective as fug, as long as it is the same size no one can argue what it might be, its a robo flyers and there's only one kind of those (yet)

but yea should work, IMO the vultarax is cuter with its big one eye.

>Just have it as the blood Ravens
Surprised I haven't seen any talk about the reference to them in Inferno.

Though to be honest even I didn't notice it, and had to have another guy tell me while I was at the store painting over the weekend.

I don't see any problem with the idea either. At worst you might get jokes about them looking like the bots from The Matrix.

I wonder why...
(Because they are the bots from the Matrix)

The Word Bearer who was part of the Crusader Host could probably be considered a loyalist, since he was on Terra for the 50 years leading up to the Heresy. And also on Terra.

According to the wiki his 'brothers' came to Terra and convinced Dorn to release him to their custody, and then they promptly sacrificed him to daemons.

Shiny. Just wanted to make sure the idea didn't sound completely idiotic. They're meant to be small versions of the Xanatite Fleet from HH6, since my Explorator Fleet was largely supplied from there before they fucked off to get their biopunk on. Don't mind them looking Matrixy, just don't want them to clash massively with the rest of the army. They look a bit like larger, armed and armoured versions of my Cyber-Occularis, which helps.

Plastic scans of Children of Succession, Binary of the Father and Sins of Sicarius when?

You dropped this in the archive, pick it up.
>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Wait, they're mentioned?

Why is it called Brexit with titans

Mentlegen

He looks dissapoint

Finished up 4 Terminators this weekend.

I went for the stereotypical rad-soaked, muddy trench bases. I might buy some chain and try make some mini barbed wire.

Obligatory "what are you working on" post.

Currently waiting for priming weather and working on some test models, pic is current number of bodies available for the XIX

the cast of corax is awful and is getting more work done, was simply base coated for an event

Why does the heavy flamer dude have a backpack on his chest?

Other than Spell Crow, what place makes chainmail tabards? Also, segmented plate tabards would be nice?

My intent was to do exactly that, trail tentacles behind the Vultarax model. But the model doesn't quite take to it. You'd be shearing off the cortex core bits in the back to establish enough space to drill sockets for tubing, and even then it would make the model unbalanced because it's on a circular base and the hole for the stand is center-aligned.

Because its ironic. It deals with the mechanicum giving up its sovereignty to join the imperium and become the adeptus mechanicus.

Apparently one of the unaccounted for Chapters of the Thousand Sons has a name that's an unsubtle reference to the Blood Ravens. I haven't re-read that part of the book yet and honestly was more interested in the Custodes and SoS rather than Magnus and his boys.

Corvidae Sanguine or something like that? Kek, I don't care about names anymore

Any tips on weakening the bonds of super glue? I've had my minatures soaking in Super Clean for about 48 hours now and am about to finish stripping them.

After they dry, is freezing the miniatures a viable option for helping to separate the models?

I have Prosper MKIII models, I'm aiming to seperate the torso into 2 parts and get the legs off the base without damaging them.

And hilariously enough the vultarax is miles better than a plague drone in rules and model

You wouldn't happen to have Virtues of the Sons, would you?

Bad luck. Mine would be an upgraded variant of the Sentinel, not based on the Vulturax kit at all, but I'll have to watch out for that. Biggest problem is likely to be slicing through the tentacles to fit the stand in there.

Well, they're not quite as expendable, but noone can say the Mechanicum didn't have the better toys than anyone sans the Custodes, and even there the golden boys were limited to infantry and smaller vehicles.

I wanted some heavy duty breathing apparatus on their chests, because Tartarus armours is so bare and sleek and un-Death Guard.

Problem is I hated the look, but I'd already ruined the chest plate. So he got stuck with it. Same with the dude with mk 3 helmet. I couldn't pull it out after I'd stuck it in there.

Let's just say I learnt some valuable lessons about converting with this unit.

>better than a plague drone in model

Eh... The design would fit a small drone swarm better than a hulking big monster. The engines are way too small looking for such a big frame and would look much better if mounted higher, where the havoc launchers are, rather than down there. The point of balance if off and it's way too top heavy.

Look buddy, I know what you're thinking..

Guard trying to help them find a new home

>I learnt some valuable lessons about converting with this unit.
>tfw when you got boxes of old, hideous conversions you from time to time find a now purpose for, take apart and repurpose for something else.

It's one place where my 30k DG got some of their stuff, since looking worn and heretical are both ok for them.

Now what the hells going on here?

Something something, Pansy Emperor's Children, something something, (((B E C O M E C H A O S)))

Got the recast Galatus I ordered today, all scrubbed off and drying now. Don't plan to get around to him any time soon as I still need to finish painting my first 5 Custodes.

I have the black almost done on them and just need to go over a few bits of it with Eshin Grey, before moving on to their gems, gloves, tassels, and plumes.

Look forward to the inevitable shitty pics.

Kill yourself, my man.

Don't hate, I'm still going to drop 250 pounds on FW for the books, Achillus, and something else.

More importantly, it's a good recast.

Best loadout for a Macrocarid? Stay cheap as a regular Proteus, or splash for Engines, Imploder, Flare/Ceramite and the Web, or anything in between? I kind of want an Archimandrite/Mymidon party bus.

Following all the podcasts' Adepticon stuff was fun, like JP's (Age of Darkness) militia list vs. Freddie's (Varangian Heresy) EC armored breakthrough - they put a 3-part video up on Facebook on the latter's site.

The competitive track was apparently a Custodes rampage. Based on the event, SW and TS may not be so bad, even with primarchs. To be fair though, you can choose to play those legions without being too harsh. Custodes apparently can't be turned off, at least not with the minis that are out. Mark (Age of Darkness podcast) won with a Custodes list that he said was not at all optimized, just based on whatever models he could get in time. Reminds me of the most recent Eldar codex.

recast or no, a shit job is a shit job.

>is freezing the miniatures a viable option
Yes. Also try twisting rather than pulling.

It's a little depressing. It's a little depressing. The Stormbird, too. For some reason bikes are extremely bulky in the Stormbird (only very bulky normally) so the Thunderhawk and Stormbird can both carry 10 bikes. That isn't enough to justify running one in a White Scars list. I would've loved to make an aerial assault list that still had ground bikes - basically lots of jetbikes, Javelins, support squads in a Storm Eagle or two, and outrider bikes in a THawk/Stormbird.

90/95% ethanol fucks up superglue hard, it becomes brittle and detaches very nicely. Also good for stripping paint and I've left plastic models in it for months without an issue. Haven't tried it with resin yet however.

>try twisting rather than pulling.

This. I've found that that superglue is rather hard and brittle, and doesn't take torsion very well. If the piece can be twisted or wiggled, it'll break the glue quite easily.

An outflanking Macrocarid with four dakkamancers in it would be quite a surprise for the enemy, but funs aside it's two choices, both of them depending on what your Myrmidons are wielding:
Either you supplement their firepower or you complement it. Like how nothing really can survive the combo of Imploders and Irrad engines, but maybe you'd simply want to add some more long ranged firepower to your photon cannon lads

On balance, my list needs a big smashy thing to charge up the middle while the Levy Blobs get somewhere useful. Is it worth buying the Web just to Scout 12", move 6" and get a decent irradiate in Turn 1?

I imagine most people hadn't built many counters in for them yet, since they have the advantage, like Mechanicum, SA and MaC, of not being "Slightly different marines." On balance, though, that's still a tad worrying, since you'd have thought optimized lists would at least stand a chance of handling Custodes lists of "Whatever we have at the moment".

Only the stormbird has that extremely bulky bikes/jet bikes caveat, the thunderhawk can still carry 10 for some reason.

Sounds like a devious thing to do that will cause damage and become a tough and killy fire magnet that will allow the rest of your army to operate unhindered. Could be interesting

Sounds like the C17 vs C5 hilarity in the airforce. C17 has more compact and numerous lockdown rails for loads so it can space things tighter

Looks good, but I'm unsure of the bright blood on a muted earth tone model. Green and red just don't look good together.

It's not too surprising. We've talked about the shield captain and his 3+ invulnerable save. Valdor provides relatively inexpensive deep strike, and they mess with everybody else's deep strike. They somewhat mitigate pie plates with their sodality rule (longer unit coherency range), and their tanks don't really have any weaknesses. They aren't even all that expensive in points the way their infantry are.

Not letting them deep strike may have been necessary to balance them.

At least they look good. Props to whoever painted this one.

That is nice. The more muted gold along with the black works better IMO.

It's the small things with custodes that piss me off. Why does the shield captain get an objectively better version of a paragon blade for 10 points cheaper than the much weaker praetor? The Praesidium shields are also bullshit. A leviathan dreadnought should never be hitting line infantry on 5s.

Hopefully the red book fixes these issues.

Because Custodes are objectively better than Astartes. Get rekt.

>why do praetors get objectively better gear than force commanders when they're already stronger
Oh little nephew.

Yeah, it's a lot of wargear that does too good a job of negating their weaknesses.

As for the cheaper, better paragon blade, that might be an Inferno thing. Upgrade costs in general are cheaper in that book, most notably for the Grey Slayers. I assume that'll become standard. I don't like the change - a power weapon SHOULD cost as much as the tactical marine taking one, it makes that big a difference in combat.

>As for the cheaper, better paragon blade, that might be an Inferno thing.
Oooooor it might be because a praetor is swapping a chainsword while a Shield Captain is swapping a guardian spear.

We are talking specific factions that don't have access to other cheap units like other factions and don't have many inexpensive choices. Also it's fluffy for SW and Custodians to have access to cheaper gear sicne it's the height of their strength and both have a history of unique weapons.

That's the idea, and given I'm up against a whole bunch of melee I kind of want to have one unit that's hard as nails up in their face, since they won't just down it instantly like a shooty army.

Personally I think they look tacky and overdone as fuck to the point you can hardly distinguish the 280pt HQ from a regular Sentinel, since all they can do is GOLD GOLD GOLD GEMS and the occasional panel and cloak, but I can see how people would like them. Tanks are cool, though.

Mostly I think it's because they render anything nor at least S5 AP2 pretty much useless unless it comes in Radpeltast or Fisting of the Legion from a tac blob, and any of the medium anti-tank weapons like autocannon or missiles have literally no job aside from scraping away at the paint on their tanks. It's like a Knight list, but somehow immeasurably worse.

That doesn't look like a bolt weapon up front.

I think that's the Adrathic Uselessinator Cannon, the one everyone will ignore for the mega-lascannon.

same beam desintegrator type weapon as the Sagittarum Guard, just scaled up for a heavy Jetbike.

Still looks like some kind of joke compared to the artwork from Visions

Considering every army list I see people posting for Custodes involves 3-4 vehicles and and like 2 of each type of Dreadnought, I'm wondering what people consider "whatever we have on hand" to be for a Custodes army.

I still have a lot of models to build and paint before I care about tabletop rules though. For once I'm building an army to look nice, rather than rushing it to the table so I can play it.

Are you high? The death cannon is 20 points cheaper and more reliable against most targets.

It even rolls about the same average AP roll because Armourbane.

Sure if you roll a 3 on the D3 the Lascannon is better, but if you roll a 1 it's worse.

At least marines can stop harlequins.

>implying beast arises is canon