Penal Regiment Veeky Forums

Spider-war edition

>Night falls on Rachnis, plunging the moonless planet into almost total darkness
>a droning noise begins, drifting in and out of the edge of hearing
>Tonight's patrol fails to check in
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now no longer in the employ of a dozen+ radical Inquistors, and have instead been folded back into guard ranks of Ultima Segmentum. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>Why don't you people move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/aB3We
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>thanks to his patented hyper-paranoia envolving anything remotely insect shaped he runs screaming into his bunker and initiates a full lockdown regardless of who ever is inside
>he then sits in the soundproofed room clutching at his flamers

>Isabelle would be having an evening meal inside the mess tent, awaiting for her Regiment's orders to finally muster out.

>somewhere, deep in a dark canyon, Forze finally lands

>Luciena wandered as her long red robe glided across the ground, dozens if not hundreds of small mechanical tendrils spewing out from under it as she muttered to herself in binary,
>one perked up at the smell of motor oil dripping and looked at a nearby tank husk
>the hood covered her face, only a single red dot in the darkness as she glided over to the husk, touching it gently

>Malak would face palm his own helmet at the sight of this act of cowardice, and utter stupidity.
>He'd then go and bang on the prefab metal bulkhead door, before going, and poking his head through the bunkers gun port.

For Terra's sake Tech-Priest; open the God damn door! You just barricaded the command bunker! What the hell are we going to do if we come under attack!

>Forze has landed about two clicks south of base camp

>The Colonel of the 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment, would be seated upon the Baneblade "Steel Glory". A ham and cheese sandwich in his hand, and he stares up at the star filled, night sky above him.
>Then he would cast a glance at the sheer stupidity that the Tech-Priest from Theta Gamma was commiting...

>"How the hell did my regiment get clumped in with these Dipshits...?"

>Malak would cast a glance towards the other Tech-Priest, gesturing that she should come over.

Hey! You! Tech-Priest! Come over here for a moment, and give me a hand with this!

>screams
FUCK WRONG BUNKER
>and promptly opens the door before running for his spider bunker
>hearing this while running past he yells
Actually I'm not with these ass holes it just seems like a good time

>Luciena looks at Malak then at the tank again then back at him before putting a piece of paper to the husk and hurrying over to him
>she's a good head or two shorter than him as she looks up at him
Y-yes?
>she was slightly startled that a Tempestor was requesting her

>recovering from his rough landing, Forze takes in his current situation. Nothing's broken, but he's bleeding from a cut just above his right eye. He's bruised and battered to be sure, but it won't be much trouble to get up and walk.
Could be worse.

>a few minutes unto his trek to the base, Forze thinks he might have heard a chittering noise
>roll for awareness

>stay with Malak
if i am not mistaken we do have a baneblade ?

Rolled 30 (1d100)

>Forze looks around

>Malak would let out a sigh as the Tech-Priest goes running out the bunker. Probably having left it a mess...

>Turning to the far shorter female Tech-Priest, he'd simply shake his head.

Never mind.... I was going to ask you to help me overide the lockdown that your cowardly binary compatriot over there---
>He'd motion towards

---had initiated, before running away. But I guess that won't be needed now.

>He'd take a look inside the prefab command bunker, curious as to how much of a ruin it is now.

Though there's a chance, that I might need your help with fixing it it seems...

when I do > plus quotation marks, it means that I'm doing a private thought. Just so you know.

I know sorry I didn't notice

>Epsilon falls out of his bunk and onto the floor. his dogtags fall onto his head from their normal sleeping place of the ceiling. Stretching massively, he realises he is isn't wearing his hood. He catches his mug thats orbiting his head, and pulls his hood on. Various bits of dust stop forming words infront of him
"I'm thirsty. Any recaf?"

I-I could help with you.
>she looks around
I don't know where to request supplies though

it's fine, that's why I'm otherwise having harune ignore the comment, since it never could have happened.

>he sees nothing, but the chittering seems to be coming from underground

>uncaring, the LC begins to climb up the canyon wall to get a good signal for his vox

do you want any help ?

>Epsilon walks out of his enclosed barracks and pushes the new purity seals that considerate guardsmen have slapped on it out of the way. he wanders towards the mess.
"Recaf? Anyone? You'd think we weren't all exhausted and surviving on the stuff."

>Taking off his helmet, and attaching it to his pack. He'd frown at the sight before him.
>Garbage, out of place furniture and equipment, and sitting in a far flung corner, was what he could only assume to be some kind of "piss bucket" full of motor oil.
>Letting out a sigh, he'd turn back towards the tiny Tech-Priest and flash her a brotherly smile.

Don't worry about the supplies. Let's just focus on cleaning this mess up before the command staff show up, and decide to flog us.

>he sees a flash of green light at the corner of his vision

>Forze continues climbing, sticking to the rocky outcroppings to hide himself. Just in case.

>A tiny, blonde haired woman, of somewhat diminutive stature would be seated at one of the mess tables.
>Turning to look towards him, she'd flash the Psyker Primaris a kind, yet polite smile. The iris' of her eyes seemly made of well polished Amethyst. Her bosom bouncing slightly as she turns towards him.

Here!

>She'd pass the cup on her tray over towards him.

You can have mine. You look like you could use it more than me.

>Epsilon blinks confusedly at the offered cup. He then empties it into his own cup.

Thanks?

>Barnes would enter into the barracks, looking around, with a look of confusion on his face

>is now sitting in his actual bunker a safe distance from the base
>yes he has an actual bunker (see ghosting)
>No he's not sharing
(Unless you speak binary or are a weapon)

>the droning gets louder as time goes on

So, where are we at the moment? Just wanna know so I can enter properly, I'm new to all of this

get into discord we will explain there

Rolled 12 (1d100)

>Epsilon takes a big swig of the recaf.
Huh. So that sound wasn't in my head. Hmm where is it....
>Epsilon tries to sense movement of earth in the local area

>he doesn't need a high roll to realize that it's everywhere

>Epsilon starts screaming and running back to his bunk to find his laspistol and armour.

Where can I find a link?

discord.gg/aB3We

>Hank would seem very oddly at ease and..happy about this situation.

Okay. Can we set up a place for me to repair the holy machine
>she looks around at the piles of stuff
I can help clean

>a guard falls off of a tower

>Epsilon runs into his room, and comes out holding his laspistol. He then runs out and begins to shoot the ground.His eyes are glowing and his hood is crackling.

>The colonel would be in hispoorly built bunker
>Bombastic tunes leak outside from his command centre where he was allegedly planning the next step
>The reality? Only the Colonel knew.

>having picked this up on camera the techpriest sends a servoskull to check on him

>he's dead
>sticking out of his back is a bizarre transparent green shard

>I'd walk up to the colonels door, knocking on it firmly
>I'd begin to shake a bit. This was the real thing, I thought. I'm taking the fight to the xenos themselves

>Forze is trekking across the scorched earth, singing to himself
...comes marching home again, hurrah, hurrah...

Rolled 33 (1d100)

>epsilon realises that the penetration power of a laspistol is pathetic, and he has better things to do this with. Like the Warp!
>Feel telekineticly into the ground to find what is making the movement. Then try to pull it out.

>the servoskull having quite a bit more intelligence than most would like returns back to base before telling Utitur
>he locks down the base arms the defenses and stays very very quiet
>he listens

Sure thing, Ma'am. I'll get right to clearing out a place for you to work.

>He'd begin clearing out trash, and moving back bits of furniture and equipment into the proper places.
>Eventually he'd have cleared out a significant area for the diminutive tech priestess to work.

Well. It's a start...

>A voice from inside, first a crashing noise, then the noise of glass shattering, followed by a loud shouting of, presumably curses.
"AY BLYAT!...IDI NAHUI!"
>After uttering these foreign words, the noisy interiors would produce another sound, again, glass shattering.
>Shortly after, the door would open, and the colonel would be standing in person. Sternly looking at the trooper.

Now who the fuck is yuo?

>at this point the droning is almost deafening
>some may be able to identify the buzz of insectoid wings
>it's still pitch dark outside of the base

Aha! Allow me to introduce myself...

>I'd bow before the man, my disengaged flamer clanking against my other tools and equipment

I, am Private Barnes. I came is as a replacement to help your outpost out.

>I'd try to persuade you with a fine bottle of the emperors finest vodka

Say, perhaps I can treat you to a drink?

Rolled 21 (1d100)

>Epsilon realises he has been unable to grab anything. So time for drastic measures.
>Epsilon floats up a rock and throws it agaisnt a wall.

For reference to my last post

>night vision
>is screaming on the inside
>hoping that how far away he is and how silent the bunker is will direct the bugs to the loud brighter noisier base
>is praying to the omnissiah for forgiveness

*thunk*
>epsilon remembers he has a combead.
AM I THE ONLY ONE HEARING THIS SOUND?
Am I hallucinating again? Either way, people should be concerned!

>knock on utitur door
please let me in

Rolled 6, 10, 7 = 23 (3d20)

>green streaks of light shoot over the walls

>Malak's head would perk up upon hearing the buzzing.

Whats the hell is that noise?

>He'd quickly run over towards one of the bunkers Cognators. Attempting to check the perimeter security cams.

>While staring at the trooper, the colonel would listen to the very loud droning sound

WHAT BLYAT IS THIS SOUND! WHOEVER IS MAKING OF SOUND BETTER STOP.
>He'd think for a moment checking his surroundings
I am have not good feelings now tovarisch soldier. I would accept offer, but you hear sound? Is resemble a fucking forge world out there. Is good have new trooper. Yuo get first mission now, leave vodka for me, that was not mission if yuo are stupid. Which I hope yuo is not. First mission is simple: Find out what the blyet is noise. Report back to me, if necessary sound the alarm. Not necessary in that order.
>He'd clear his throat
Okay, so you find out what is noise, sound alarm if necessary, then report to me, unless you sound alarm in which case i will probably know and you should be fighting.

Rolled 50 (1d100)

pleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework[/spoiler

>the door opens and mechandrites pull him in then slam the door
>the hiss of pistons is heard
>he gets dragged into the soundproofed room
SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW AND ACTIVATE NIGHT VISION

>A loud shouting voice comes over the Colonels combead
TECHNICALLY I AM PART OF THE COMMAND STAFF. SO WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I I CAN SEE BRIGHT GREEN LIGHTS EVERYWHERE AND THERES LOADS OF MOVING THINGS I CAN'T SEE!

>I'd think for a moment before piping up

Where do you suggest I start, sir?

>from over the wall come some vile sort of xenos
>they are blasphemy incarnate, in that they imitate the human form by using two legs
>aside from this, they have six arms and six eyes as well as mandibles
>a number of them have wings as well and fly directly into the middle of camp, firing rifles that shoot the crystal shards seen earlier

Maybe the most forward, or outer defenses? Basically we are now in middle, so you go toward the edge, until you either find enemy, die because enemy is sneaky and manage to kill you, which I do not hope because sneaky suki are annoying. Or you find reason for this fucking sound and report it to me.That or you get to the edge of the defenses and find nothing, in which case, keep searcing along the edge until you find something. Or die.

okay
>activate the night vision
now what ?
do you still have our "gift"?

Rolled 68 (1d100)

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Epsilon screams into everyones combeads
>Epsilon tries to CRUSH one with his telekinetic might!

Aye aye, sir!

>I'd salute the man, before turning and making my way to the outer defences

>I'd make it there, engaging my flamer as I looked around

By the Emperor, if a xeno catches me I swear!

>is extremely thankful of the distance
>non essential functions have shut down to decrease noise
Of course I'm keeping it till it is needed

>as he enters comm range, Forze takes out his commbead.
Nope.
>he sees green lights and hears (more distant) screaming and yelling, and immediately picks up his pace

Rolled 14, 8, 12, 14, 16 = 64 (5d20)

>one of the xenos is crushed, but another fires at the psyker
>the rest of them fire at various guardsmen around the facility

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>I'd hear this screaming, running clunkily towards it with my flamer, before a Xeno jumps infront of my path, snarling and about to pounce!

>I'd send a volley of flames towards the Xeno!

Rolled 42 (1d100)

>Epsilon is pushed off his feet by the shot, thankful for strapping on his armour when he began panicking. He shakes his head, and claps his hands together, creating a SHOCKWAVE that shoots towards the xenos!

>He continues screaming
ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Making my way further towards your location, I'd spot your faint figure as the Xenos were around you

Not on my watch, you filthy Xenos!

>Running with my flamer out infront, I'd send a spray volley to the xenos attacking the Psyker, Epsilon

>as the alien's insides are cooked, steam whistles as it escapes from its carapace

>this attempt leaves Epsilon with naught but a headache

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>Malak would curse his luck, and he unhooks his Melta gun, and goes to take cover at at the bunker entrance.
>Taking careful aim at the nearest of these foul, wretched, arachnid xenos. He would whisper a litany of accuracy, before firing, hoping to cook the bastard before when can do anymore harm.

Sorry to jump all of a sudden after another several month long absence. I just wanted to apologize and tell any old time players here that I formally quit, due to personal life and losing my interest completely. Tried to contact you all through steam, but nobody seemed to use the group chat anymore. Sorry and good bye. It was fun.

Bye.

I mean, it's nice that you had finally announced it. But it's been almost a year since you were last around. We thought you had quit anyways. If you want to keep in contact with us though. You can feel free to join the discord.

Thank you very much.
>there are now several servitors working on clearing a space
May I turn one of the hulks into a recovery vehicle?

>Taking cover behind the wall again, Malak would curse a his luck at having missed his shot, before turning toward Tech-Priestess. The look on his face, an amalgamation of "What the fuck!? Is now REALLY the time to ask that!" And "Can you not see that I'm a LITTLE busy at the moment!"

Are you REALLY gonna ask about that right now, when we are under attack!?! Seriously!?

Rolled 9, 1, 1, 1 = 12 (4d20)

>Malak does not hit any of the aliens
>The xenos fire at Barnes and several other guardsmen again

>Epsilon begins to glow, and takes this brief meditation as a chance to catch his breath after screaming non-stop for about 2 miniutes.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

>Malak would once again step out from the cover of the bunker entry way. His Melta gun leveled as he takes careful aim at the nearest of the foul Xeno's.
>Muttering a litany of Accuracy. He was pray for the Emperor's hand in guiding his next shot, before pulling the trigger.

But combat isn't my focus... I am going to do what I can to help though.
>she crouches behind the wall with him
Is this what "combat" is? It's so loud and exciting

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>crawling flat on his stomach, Forze approaches the camp
Oh, fun. Discount Vespids.
>he raises his gun and starts taking shots

Rolled 4 - 4 (1d20 - 4)

>Is currently in cover, smoking his pipe and making quick shots without paying mind to aiming

Rolled 18, 10, 8 = 36 (3d20)

>the alien is vaporised handily
>Forze shoots the wings of one of the flying xenos and it falls out of the air
>it staggers toward him at frightening speed, drawing a dagger made out of the same substance as whatever their guns shoot
>one of the aliens fires at the magos
First for resistance, second for knife attack, third for attack against Luciena

I mean first for morale against seeing their buddy get vaporised.

Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>Epsilon floats into the air, and points at the largest cluster of Xenos he can see. He mutters a few incantations of worship, then manifests VORTEX OF DOOM!!!!! (a whirling maelstrom of power that pulls things in and spits them back out in pieces
bonus for meditating

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>Reacting quickly, I'd send out a volley of flames at the xenos!

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>grunting, Forze tries to roll away as the tip of the knife jabs into his shoulder.
Dumb luck bug.
>he pulls out his own combat knife
A Vespid would have killed me, though.
>he attacks

>Luciena yelps as the bolts hit against the wall, causing her to get smaller in a ball
Combat is scary! Why was I told this was Holy and Just!?!
>the servitors come to the bunker carrying the pieces of dozens of heavy weapons

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Dammit! Flamer needs to be cooled!

>Once pouring some water over the flamer barrel, I'd send another volley of flames to the xenos attacking Forze!

>After taking the shot, Malak would side step back into cover, giving a silent word of thanks to the Emperor, for his personal hand in bringing death to his enemies.

>He'd quickly unhitch his helmet form his pack, before placing it back over his head. Taking a moment to make sure that the HUD and other sensor suites are functioning.
>Oncr he was sure they were. He would cast a glance down at the diminutive Tech-Priestess next to him.

Yes, this is live comba---

>He'd stop for a moment. Pondering weither or not this could actually be her first time on the battlefield.

Wait... Is this seriously the first time you've been on a battlefield?