scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
youtube.com/watch?v=ErQHPau6KiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How are Chaos Dwarves on the tabletop performance wise?

I have an idea for a theme army - "renegade dwarves", using regular Dorf models converted to be more run down and use Chaos Dwarf rules but I hate having models that just sit on a shelf and lose every game.

Here

We

Go

4th for slaanesh

Repostan because, holy shit, look at that warscroll.

No-one cares.

How do you lose games with Dwarves? Just use their cannons and table people. What are your oppenents?

I care, go on.

Oh look, another box of random shit. And nothing particularly new or rarely posted. How exciting. How interesting.

I don't know, haven't started yet. Doing research before spending money because I'm not a fucking tard.

Your jealousy is like fuel to me

I care a little bit, do whatever.

>attentionwhoring
Is that you tried to promote your shitty channel in discord?

>jealousy
>wasting money on GeeDub's shitty terrain instead of pretty much anything on the market
lel

I wanna see what other crazy combinations the guy has bought, so fuck off.
So far it makes no sense, but I'm still weirdly intrigued.

This is just the more pathetic version of camwhoring where it's the whore that's wasting their money. Kill yourself, he's just wasting posts.

>"wasting" money
Must suck to be a poorfag

whelp

Saving all my money from the upcoming paycheck. Really wish we could get the pricing already.

>black basecoat
>base ceramite white
>glaze guilliman blue
I did 2-3 layers to build strong color, especially in recesses
>light wash druchii violet
Target the recesses and blend it out at the edges. 2 light applications
>touch up with guilliman blue again
Leave purple in recesses, you should have a faint violet on the flatter areas that fades near the edge
>drybrush wrack white
>drybrush bahharoth blue
Definitely a favorite color of mine, hit all the edges and swirl the brush long the flat areas to create some depth. Super dry drybrush
>re-establish wrack white with a drybrush on the sharpest edges
OPTIONAL
>gloss varnish such as 'ardcoat
I haven't done that yet as I'm still debating on it

>$50 for cheap plastic boxes and barrels
>boasting about being a retard
lel

What are you planning with this combination of stuff? Or is a combination of AoS, 40K and scenery projects that you just bought all at once?

With som conversions you can make tanks out of those containers user.

Next up

buying stuff = not impressed
model and paint entire army post pics = impressed

>x95 tyranids
>Two start collecting skellies
(for what purpose?)
>All that other random shit
Wew that's like two years worth of stuff (or three if you go slow down he river like me), why did you do that? can you paint all of this at once?

I'm telling you every release pushes the power creep a little further. By the time they get to Aelves it'll be 10 attacks hitting and wounding on 2+, rend -3, damage 3, 2+ save, 10 wounds, teleport anywhere any time ability for the unit and a friend unit.

I feel bad for fyreslayers and other early releases because they cant compete with these new rules.

>Two start collecting skellies
Three, actually

>all this shit all at once

have fun getting burnt out and never finishing any of it

Speaking of three, here's a 3rd imperial sector

To be fair, it's a special character, not some generic scrub. I mean, look at Alarielle or Archaon...

And thats the bottom of the box

Grotbag Scuttlers are mentioned in the last WD regarding the Kharadron. So, soon?

Final photo with everything together

New edition of 40k coming next year. I wanted to get a Blood Angels army in preparation. Also building a 40k table to use.

Tyranids are for spider gobbo conversions, planning an entire force with goblins riding spidernids.

Finishing my Stormcast army and I wanted to get the Death special characters for an End Times display.

>why did you do that? can you paint all of this at once?
Starting a new job in a new city, I will have a lot of time to paint

I'd have waited for the new 40K Sector Mechanicum(?) kits to be released, they look like they're gonna be awesome and would look more interesting on table than 3 Sector Imperialis. Good luck with assembling and painting all that stuff though, sadly all of those boxes put together are not even a third of my backlog.

Im planning another order for those and the new dwarf zeppelins

Noice. Are you building the table out of Realm of Battle boards or are you going for the MDF route?

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Are you that lawyer user who bought the whole Extremis Chamber?

POWER CREEP! POWER CREEP! (even though stormcasts got-slightly-weaker overall)

Beginning to agree - my classic greenskins are looking more and more lackluster

Havent decided yet. Leaning toward the ROB sector imperialis boards but if you have any recommendations for alternatives I would certainly take a look

I dont want to give away too much personal information but I'll tell you I work in STEM

>Are you that lawyer user who bought the whole Extremis Chamber?
No but I remember that guy. I was really jealous that he had that much disposable income, made me push for a new career path.

Extremis Lawyer-kun if you're out there... thank you

>but if you have any recommendations for alternatives I would certainly take a look

Eh, I tend to build all of my boards out of MDF and other building materials so I can't really recommend a product. The ROB SI isn't bad though, you pay for the convenience of having it all made and textured for you and they're pretty light and easy to store. I think I used around 15 kilos of filler (spackle for you yanks) on my last board and with MDF you're always worried it'll warp. I look forward to seeing your progress, post it in /WIP/ or something.

>tfw 23 and starting degree in Petroleum Engineering

Give me strength STEM bro, chemistry is hard but I know I can do it

Tips for success in STEM:

1. Dont live in Canada
2. Be female

>don't live in Canada

Well I got one thing down, I'm in Oklahoma

>a group of skaven players block your path

What happens in Oklahoma?

Dont get a RoB board

It looks fine on the website, but its bad for rolling on, and it's extremely busy. You dont want the board itself to drown out your minis and buildings

I'd recommend either getting a mat, or building a board yourself

*Is that you who

No. I'm the discord guy. Speaking of! Discord for all things warhammer, for when the thread is dead or you want a faster conversation!

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

It's quiet, and in its own bubble separated from the insanity of the rest of the nation. And then tornados

I've been looking at battle mats

First I need a decent size/height table to put it on

They are, apparently, "natural" enemies with the Kharadron, often fighting them. Some things always stay the same, it seems.

>Don't live in Canada
I-I'm not smart so I wouldn't do well anyway.

Are there any other warscrolls for the new Overlords?

>stormcasts got-slightly-weaker overall

>he actually thinks this

lmfao

What exactly is strong about Stormcast? They don't hit very hard save for some very expensive units and they can teleport within 9".

I play Fyreslayers, Honestly I hope people DO teleport close to me so I can catch them out.

here we go with another store manager shilling products in a general

fkn get

Not him, but you know there ARE people out there who have money and like GW products.

I myself have one of each of the realms of battle and a ton of GW terrain.

They did. The loss of Warrior Brotherhood hurts, and the Azyros is worthless garbage now. The new units are by and large nice, but hardly gamebreaking, and the relics and traits are mostly mediocre, with the standouts being Consummate Commander and Staunch Defender.

Are fyreslayers Even playable? I would feel unconfortable with that small Range of minatures atm

>small range of miniatures
>6 kits
>9 models
>small range of miniatures
To start with, fuck yourself. They're playable but shitty, mostly because everything they field is overpriced trash. GHBII is fixing this with roughly a 20 point discount across the faction.

Is there any specific Seraphon units that are particularly strong? Likewise, are there any that I should avoid fielding altogether?

go to Veeky Forums or /k/ if u wanna see people with too much money.

>HEY HEY BLUE TABLE FANS

Carnosaurus, Knights and Warriors are very slightly sub-par. Otherwise you'll have to try really hard to build a shit list with Seraphon.

>tfw you miss dragon dildo unboxings

Sweet Jesus.
He better be 300 or 350 fucking points

Dude go start a blog somewhere else.

Please post some of your painted models user.
I'll wait.

> shitting on attention whore user
> see Blood Angels
> MAH nigga
You just went up a notch user.
You are on notch one.

You need two more ball Predators to make Lucifer Armored Task Force formation user.
Also most of our new formations are absolute garbage.
Go Arch angels instead of battle company (too much tax, so much shit)

Earthquakes too now

> /k/ommandos
> making too much money
user, stupid white trash in America don't make a lot of money. They waste the little money they do have on shit like guns, then whine and complain on how they need more money from the government while screaming how much they hate said government. And black people. A lot of racist shit there.

I haven't bought any of those units so I guess I'm fine so far. I was planning on having an Eternal and Shadowstrike Starhost and some other things in my army, and wasn't sure if I should get some warriors or not. I'll skip that and get some other things then.

Please stop projecting user

Hey /aosg/, I got a box of ardboyz secondhand and it didn't come with instructions. Does the kit really expect me to snip the weapons off weapon hands to put on shields?

Hammerstrike Force lets you teleport directly into melee with 20+ paladins

Their entire army can deploy off the board, which counters alpha strike fast armies like Tomb Kings and double shooting armes

Strong defensive abilities coupled with powerful shooting, can make very powerful defensive lists

Strong heavy cavalry, can make very powerful charging lists

High mortal wound output. Heraldor is one of the best warscrolls in the game, hard counters defensive armies like highborne and seraphon

You can put your whole army in one battalion very easily, giving you only 1 drop and almost guaranteed that you can

>Heraldor is one of the best warscrolls in the game

It's ridicolous how I never see someone taking this despite that. And I play Sylvaneth regularly facing Stormcast! You'd guess somebody would take the model that shit mortal wounds against everything I have.

Okay

1/3

Oh dude classic Greenskinz were fucked from the get go, even when the PDF's dropped they were shit

don't expect much either GW wants all Orcs to be savage or ironjaw

2/3

3/3

Those are pretty good user. I love the ice blades

Not to keen on the orc skin, everything else is pretty nice

Don't remind me i used to watch that crap channel, they had decent fantasy battle reports

Wanted to punch that silver haired fuck every opening

Thanks
I've gotten much better since then

I was painting 20+ orruks and tried doing layered skin on the test model (you can see him in the middle here) but it took too much time so I just drybrushed the rest.

It looks much better in person, the flash in the photos makes it look worse than it is

No, but they mentioned some abilities in White Dwarf.

The Ironclad literally acts like your flagship. You can use it to send flag signals to buff other units that see it. The example they gave added 3" to weapon range.
Ironclads can also have their own Artefacts. The one they had lets the Ironclad fire that artefact against any unit that comes within half an inch of the ship after a charge.
There are different types of bombs. One bomb forces the unit you hit to attack at the end of the combat phase, one just does damage, and there is one that hits flying enemies that get to close.
Both Ironclads and Frigates can carry any unit with the "Skyfarer" keyword. The Ironclad in the battlereport carries two units and 3 heroes.

On the topic of flying enemies, one of the pre-made battle traits you can have lets you rerloll 1s to hit and wound against flying targets, get auto 6s for their run roll and their ships ignore mortal wounds on a roll of 6.
White Dwarf says "Instead of getting a single trait like most other factions, you choose your armys interpretation of the Kharadron Code from a trio of lists, giving you an Artycle, an Amendment and a Footnote, which allow you to interpret the code to your own preferences".
There are pre-done ones themed around the major skyports as well.

>The loss of Warrior Brotherhood

yeah get back to me when you lose warrior brotherhood. Nothing was lost, SC only got more options, not less.

I wanna steal your basing, how did you do it?

Stirland Mud (or battlemire? Dont remember, either should be fine)
Drybrush it with Fenris Grey
Middenland tufts
Valhallan blizzard. Theres some cool techniques you can use that I learned from this video: youtube.com/watch?v=ErQHPau6KiE
Paint the lip fenris grey

results from Adepticon

First Place was 18 Skyfires, 2 lords of change

Second Place was 12 Necro Knights and Settra

Third Place was Kurnoth Hunters

Fourth Place was Stonehorn, 3 Thundertusks, Grots

copied from another site.

Knights are fucking shit. Only playable in like one formation.With buffs.
Warriors are your screens, your chaff. Pretty decent for use in a couple of formations, bloodclaw starhost bumps their damage output significantly.
Carnosaur is pretty decent, both the oldblood and scar-vet. I think the Oldblood might be a bit overcosted, but I still run one because hes a pretty fucking good monster-hunter.

Your core will be saurus guard. You'll want chameleon skinks for taking objectives and sniping heroes and war machine crew. Bastilodons are fucking amazing, but fucking expensive. Take the solar death laser. Stegadons are decent, salamanders are great against high-armour monsters. Troglodons are crap (shame desu, all they needed was some rend to be good).

1st and 2nd place tied, the tiebreaker was a soft score

also
>1000 points
lol who cares

points lol who cares

do you really play small games a lot? In my area 2000 is typical with larger, sometimes 3000, being not uncommon.

Im saying 1000 is way too small to make any meaningful judgments about game balance

nice loot. Hope you enjoy death as much as I do. Have fun.

1000-1500 is the perfect pts for AoS,

2000+ faggots get fucked

it really depends on what army youre playing. some play better at low points and some better at high points.

you probably play an army that preforms better at lower points level games.