The world is the painting of a god

>The world is the painting of a god.

How stupid does that sound?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too basic to be stupid or not. The idea is okay, but what execution are you proposing?

Saying it's a painting implies that it exists inside another world, that would be the "domain" of that god.
Except if the idea in itself is completely metaphorical.
Anyway, it would be as stupid as it is undeveloped. You could use it as a starting point.

This sounds way too close to LoTR where the world is a song

It's Myth or Riven but with paintings instead of books.

That shit was fucking awesome.

Is it a painting made by a god or a painting made in the likeness of a god?

> the world is the painting of a god
> we begin our story here, in his nostrils

Depends on how you think god works.
Since once a painting is finished you just hang it up and look at it, that implies a god that does not interact with the world once he finished building it.
In Hinduism, Brahman "created" the world, but a better word is "lila" which is a sanskrit word that roughly means "play." The universe is actively being played by god like an instrument, but not like a game. Though it's not that far off to think of the world as an advanced simulation.

>yfw it's a nude painting of a God

Not a "painting" but a transcendental form of art that is accessible only to primordial beings, and would cause madness to any mere mortal trying to look at it. May or may not be represented, in our puny physical world, by a painting. That would cause madness to any mere mortal trying to look at it.

>The wheel of Time intro, but with brush strokes instead of wind
I'd read it

No more so than any other creation myth.

I don't know, but an adventure where you have to go inside a painting to get something that is hidden in there sounds pretty tight to me.

Maybe gods are 4 dimensional beings who make 3D worlds as the mortal equivalent of 2D paintings.

Maybe Gods who fall in love with mortals are basically social rejects who post "4DPD" on divine anonymous imageboards.

I hate that I pronounced that four-dee pour-dee

What is 4 dimensional?

Another dimensional axis.
I don't mean time if that's what you're thinking.
It's hard to explain because we're 3D

Maybe it's a self portrait hanging in the god's kingdom?

I can see it being an interesting backstory for someone from a High Fantasy setting.

They were born, raised, and only recently left their home, which was a divinely crafted pocket dimension held within a painting.

Neat idea actually.

I like it.

>pretends to love you
Hit me hard, for some reason.

>Each painting is a different plane of existence
>All hung up in a castle of the creator deity

Dammit I want to use this idea now, just to see how long it takes my players to figure it out.

The world is God's half-assed spoken word "poetry".

This sounds way to close to another thing where the world is a world.

Me too, real life sucks

Paintings are too static to be a metaphor for the multifarious world. Like once something has been painted that's it.

Go with something like Tolkien where it's a song (you can always add more verses) or the Bible where it's all from the Word of God (you can always say more words), or a book (you can always write another chapter).

If you really want something that hangs on the wall, though, maybe a tapestry - you can always weave more threads into a tapestry.

it sounds way too close to another thing where the world is a mass of vibrating strings

Very. Don't use anything out of the Souls games as inspiration, the only part that's not utter shit, is some of the art.

So, Pantheism? Panentheism? I think it works.

This is true in real life.

God paints through random chance and chaos within the confines of natural law. He is the mutation of genes, the process of natural selection and the creation of life from its base components. He is even present in the numbers at the end of your post.

Almost as dumb as having a soul have blood, or not even trying to have a remotely satisfying conclusion to Misery-wank: The Trilogy.

Everything is subjective

>The world is the tabletop game of a God
How stupid does this sound?

>"You locked your keys inside your car again? No Problem!"
nice

>tfw no kind, cheerful tesseract waifu to travel around the universe and discuss relativity with

Fuckin awesome. Could also be a stew.

Magic is creating the impression that there is a specific imperfection in the Work, eliciting a specific corrective stroke by God.

Did you just watch Kyousougiga, by any chance? If not, take a looksie. A monk draws himself an artificial world in which to live apart from the real world with his drawn waifu and family.

It could have some interesting setting ideas, like drawn folk reverting to however they were first illustrated - neither aging nor retaining injuries unless their original illustration had been altered. Or a small handful of people with the divine spark who can alter the world around them (for better or for worse). Or scientists and philosophers who know their world isn't the real one and are trying to discover the physical laws governing their own world as well as the outer world encasing it.

CHIM

It's fine as long as after becoming familiar with the setting, you give the characters the chance to exit the painting.

Otherwise it might as well not be a thing.

You'd have to be subtle about it, cover the castle in lore and weird style choices so they don't make the connection.
Until the Big Bad turns out to be a spiky turtle on a big rainbow disc.

> we begin our story here, in his nostrils
stop making me wish I could find a Bionicle TTRPG campaign

>If you really want something that hangs on the wall, though, maybe a tapestry - you can always weave more threads into a tapestry.
That's really poetic user

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

It's not so strange

>What if you could access the worlds depicted in a painting by touching it?

Is the Ringed City DLC really that bad?

Sort of similar to a creation myth idea I had as well. But the Gods forged the world from paint while 'within' the painting, not outside of it.

The elder races, the gnomes and giants, were the painters. The giants with their huge hands made the mountains, skies, seas, and all things great and huge. Then the gnomes, with their tiny fingers painted all the insects, the blades of grass, the bits of foam from the sea, and so on.

Of course when the God-Wars happened, only the Gnomes lived through hiding in the tiny places they had created and knew so well. Some of them are even around today, and some of them even still have a little bit of that paint left...

What if the paint starts to run?
I like it. Simple. I can imagine it as part of a fantasy series for the same audience as Harry Potter.

Is this what he looks like?

If you wanted answers, yes.