sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
So, the arcana is here. How do you feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodman-games.com/blog/2017/03/26/classic-dd-module-collectors-editions/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium
strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's okay. Nothing spectacular.

it's ok, kind of dumb and unpolished but ok.

New archetypes are nice I guess but I really wanted improved food rules.

Are the latest mass combat rules any good?

>drunken master sucks
Why does WotC hate monks?
>redemption paladin makes no sense
So they're supposed to be kinda like pacifists but if they hit someone really hard they charm them? "Oh wow thanks for hitting me really hard with your quarterstaff Chad, you know you're actually a pretty nice guy."
>Monster hunter ranger actually not shit
I kinda like it. Would be fun to play as the guy that knows shit about all the big monsters your DM throws at you. And as a DM I wouldn't mind having a player be the expert, would make it much easier for me and I'd feel less obligated to drop hints all the time.

Its pretty good Monster Slayer looks tight, and it weirds me out that the peaceful, innocent, and patience Pally can't cast Sanctuary.

I like the idea of the paladin a lot, but like a lot of the paladin archetypes it has a bit of characterization already built in that puts me off really wanting to play it.
The ranger was interesting, even more situational extra damage, I think I still like hunter conclave more even if the numbers probably say it's shittier.
Also like the idea of the monk a lot, just needs a couple small pluses that were discussed pretty thoroughly last thread to make it really compelling to play.

Drunken Master has no idea what it wants to be doing
Oath of Redemption is unpolished
Monster Slayer is basic, doesn't seem to scale well, and has very few ways to capitalize on knowing the enemies vulnerabilities aside from asking the casters to use the right damage type
Basically, I got more than I expected, but less than I hoped.

This I would like to know.

Drunken technique should be like a default for monks imo

Oh, forgot to mention
>monster hunter has "allow meta knowledge: the feature"
No further need for debate on whether your character would know about trolls and their fucking regeneration. If anybody dares, just fucking use a bonus action on that shit.

Ranger, what does the scouter say about the monster's power level?

>enemies vulnerabilities
Fuck, enemy's.
I'm not retarded I swear. At least, you won't be able to prove anything.

goodman-games.com/blog/2017/03/26/classic-dd-module-collectors-editions/

This looks very awesome, B1 and B2 original and 5e conversion with loads of historical goodies in a hardcover. I wonder what other modules they will do this for.

The memes write themselves

>enemies'

I was wanting to play a war forged character that is like a boxer using heavy unarmed strikes, rather than something more monk-esque. Maybe monk with all of the "dex" references changed to strength.

What do you guys think is the best way to go about it?

ITS VALNURABLE TO FIRE!!!!!

Ask your DM to let you install a weapon like one of the old 3e warforged could
Replace one hand with a warhammer
Play Fighter or Barb

Slayers Edge should really only work against Favoured Enemies or Greater Favoured Enemies and only be usable 1+Wis mod per rest

>green dragonborn
>ranger: hunter
>grappler feat

Guys i'm gonna be the crocodile hunter

Slayers Eye rather. And relentless pursuit should be similarly limited and the reaction attack from saving throw needs to specify within weapon range

Really is amateur hour at WOTC

Why do so many people want to build unarmed fighters?

Anyway don't do it Monks are still somewhat mediocre in 5e and they aren't great for bare-knuckle brawlers.

Honestly see if you can get your DM to go along with the idea that your fists are basically equivalent to maces or hammers because of your warforged nature.

Later on see if you can convince the DM to upgrade your body to better Damage roles basically representing various cybernetic upgrades.

Because that archetype WANTS to be hit

Reposting:
Have a player who wants to use herbs and ingredients to make potions, my main question is does anyone have or know of a decent chart for what each potion takes to make and price of certain ingredients?

It's gamist as fuck and you are having issues that it's an at-will effect?

What would be the rationale to have it be limited use? That your Libra-scanner has limited power and needs to be recharged every so often?

speaking of meta gaming: the feature, what do you do when you evidently know something the rest of the party doesn't either do to 'accidentally' spoiling yourself about a printed story or just because you've been a dm before and pretty much have all the books memorized?

do you fake stupidity, roll to see if your character would know and then fake stupidity on a fail or what?

better be a lizardman
>the hunter crocodile

Honestly?
Inmortal Mystic.
I hate the "Mystic doos evrthin guise" meme, but every other unarmed option sucks.
Also, Magic Fists.

5e isn't really geared around making a whole lot of magical equipment or even potions. You could probably to a 5e equivalent of the PF Alchemist with it's mutagens and potions but it would be a pretty significant undertaking considering 3.PF and 5e have very different magic economies.

Is tomb of horrors fun, or is it the dark souls 2 of fun in that it's full of bullshit traps you couldn't possibly foresee?

Because I have a character concept that requires it?

Tell the DM. Scrambling ans shuffling things is usually easy and fast enough.

This

Both. It's fun, but using in game knowledge is liable to kill you, meta gaming WILL kill you, and if you read the module, random chance will probably kill you.

Psionic Warforged?

Yes mechanically it works but you'd need to come up with some pretty significant background that refluffs the psionic elements into shit like Overdrive and the like.

Still if the guy wants to go full punchmage it's probably the best build.

I'd be willing to try atleast, I normally pull monsters from 4e and have to convert things to keep it more interesting untill more monsters are out for 5e.

No it does not its abilities make it so it does not want to be hit, it wants its allies to get hit so the attacker takes damage or it eats up the damage for them.

Meh, I understand concept being a major driver of character design but it's also important to note that sometimes the mechanics underlying the system aren't really built around supporting certain character concepts.

It can be done but it often forces a certain degree of mechanical disadvantage on the PC. For some people that's okay and for some Players/Groups thats a deal-breaker.

Make your build decisions with your eyes open realizing that sometimes concepts can result in suboptimal characters - obviously this isn't always a bad thing.

forgot pic

It's already a thing, you egg.

Warforged were a mistake

Make it's head glow light teal.
Nobody will question it.
Use Psionic Weapon for Magic Brain Fist, later Magic Brain Fist +3.
Use Brute Force to augment your damage and do feats of strength.
Then you can pick a few other things. Also, the Beacon talent can be fluffed as being those classical robot Eyelights.
Plus this.

Damn i haven't even looked at volos thats rad. I'm gonna have to work on my strayan accent

Download some PF pdfs then but basically keep in mind that in many ways you are looking at refluffing spells or spell like effects into potions/mutagens.

Another option would be to refluff the Mystic into more of a alchemist feel instead of a psionic mystic. I generally dislike the memes that Mystic >>>> All other classes but there is a fuckton of thematic space available within the class and it would be trivial to replace some of the blast like effects with thrown vials of acid and some of the Mr Hyde effects as immortal powers brought on by drinking potions.

Maybe even throw in a wild surge type mechanism to describe how sometimes your mixtures are less than precise.

Say a wizard wants to force his son's wife to miscarry with magic, by using some sort of horrible creature to use magic or psionics or something. What creature would he use?

>Enemies'

Intelligence devourer

The concept is that he is a golem rather than a true warforged, that has lived in the mountains for hundreds of years after being abandoned by his creator. Something (not sure yet) motivates him to come down out of the mountains and adventure. I liked the idea of an unarmed and unarmoured golem just punching things rather than using weaponry. I might be able to do something with mystic though, will look into it.

Brew a potion with magic infused herbs that cause a miscarriage. Why is a creature that rips shit out of the body needed? Alternatively a magic little robot that does abortions.

I'm still mad there was no drunken master UA.

The main thing so far is he has it more in mind for health potions for utility and back story fluff. For stuff to attack with I figured he'd have to get ingredients from monsters and then mix them, but they won't always work or could go horribly wrong if rolling really low.

Since he's not a magic user the potions won't be as good unless he can talk the party sorcerer into burning slots to help and she doesn't like him so it'd be fun to watch.

Are you trolling or blind?

All of the above, I don't check UA every week. did drunken master come out today?

Look at the first OP pic and tell me

A Diminution (Microscopic) Mystic could do it.
With focus on Adaptative Body it wouldn't need to breathe. Then you attack the fetus with mind bullets.

Forcecage

>Feel witty by coming up with the phrase "The population of corpses is on the rise"
>Everyone gets a chuckle
>Google it later
>About 257,000 results (0.68 seconds)

Kill me

You can't just solve every problem with Forcecage.

It can literally damage anyone who hits it

DID I FUCKING STUTTER

From what I can tell they give martials a sorta Dynasty Warriors feel since they can now take out multiple low cr monsters per attack.

At level 20 yes but 17 levels before that no it would be able to use Sanctuary well.

WHY IS THERE A LICH IN DEAD IN THAY WHO CAN ONLY CAST 6TH SPELLS

Can Szass Tam turn lesser wizards into liches or something?

I... fuck.
You MAY be able to prove something.

Kill the wife and foetus with magic missile or w/e and then pay the cleric to rez ONLY the wife

The point is to do it in such a way that it looks like a normal miscarriage. He's trying to prevent his son (both human) from having filthy half-breed babies (son married an elf).

Because otherwise the players would get utterly wrecked. That said I just pretend that it's part of his punishment or whatever, but him being a 'lesser lich' would actually make a lot of sense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium

extinct plant that the Romans used for abortions.

Get a hag or alchemist to brew him a potion that will end it
Why would he go to the trouble of staging an attack with a hazardous creature that could maim her or himself?

That's the meme

Blight on the fetus

What is the doucheiest race to play?

reminds me more of "Legolas, what do your elf eyes see?"
and now I've got "they're taking the hobbits to Isengard" stuck in my head
and now you do too

kender

I do, and I hate you for it.

Aarakocra. Winged tiefling. Pureblood yuan thi.

Nah man, all I've got stuck right now is BILBO BAGGINS, BRAVEST LITTLE HOBBIT OF THEM ALL.

All of These.

Or halfling if your DM really, really likes critical fumbles.

boil em mash em

Seeing Monster Slayer all I can think about is a Lizardfolk going all Monster Hunter on his prey

No part of this animal will go to waste!

Bone Weapons! Hide Armor! Eat the Rest!

Variant Human. You all know it's true.

>scaly vore

strawpoll.me/12622026
strawpoll.me/12622028
strawpoll.me/12622029

Polls for each of the archetypes in the latest UA.

Pureblood. Both in-game and Meta.

use this, adjust it according to what you want out of it
i recommend halving the price of consumables such as potions

Not what I was going for

I am curious if anyone has looked through Tales of the Yawning Portal. I am interested if it has any new spells.
(For God's sake, I need some more 6th-9th level spells!)

Thanks m8

Noperoo. Just magic items and monsters to accompany the adventures

Also, it's in the mega, ya jester.

Am I the only one who's really excited to play a Redemption Paladin?

Yes.

Why?

No, I want to also.

thanks
Awesome! Thanks, from Clueless.

Drunken Master is fine
what the fuck is Redemption paladin
Monster Slayer is way too hard on the "fuck that guy in particular" theme, really

Does a Druid wild shaping into an elemental speak a primordial dialect or the fact that they keep their mental stats deny that?

And if the latter, is there any rules written about that? It feels like it should be, as that would be a whole Linguist Feat / Warlock Invocation to make up for in other classes