Warhammer 40,000 General

Eldar future edition!

Daily Duncan that's not actually daily but from 2 days ago: youtube.com/watch?v=NJFjVyO8N3Y

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Warhammer general discord!
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.princeaugust.ie/tg2420-warzone-mutant-chronicles-tabletop-wargame/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for nurgle

It took so fucking long for the last thread to 404, was half of Veeky Forums banned or something?

We can only hope, friend. We can only hope.

No, just lazy mobile posters. I was literally about to post a thread, but I'm glad I checked. I'm at work or I would have done it sooner

I'm a mobile poster

Are turn one heldrakes good?

Are heldrakes even good anymore?

Thinking about trying the heldrake formation in a black legion speartip.

>Blacklegion

No, helldrakes are bad. Take more cultists.

Retoasting this:
>Is this enough guys for 1000 pts?
No, I am trying out my LGS. It will be my first game that wasn't kill team or 500 points.

I'll post it there if I don't get any good feedback

With just bolters? or snipers? What would be their purpose, not disagreeing just want to know.

Welp

I have a lot of work ahead of me, tg. I need motivation, and won't be able to put any work into them for several hours.

Hey, is the user who's sister wanted to play Orks still around? Was going to give advice but phone died.

The purpose would be to grab additional objectives in a cheap way. For that you could get away with bolters.

never played Kill team but are chaos cultists a viable team to take?

this new necromunda has peaked my interest

What color should I paint my sexy sexy Nemesis Fleet Carrier model?

So now that it's been out for a bit, what's the verdict on Ynnari? As I do not have an Eldar player in my group I've only seen them in online battle reps in which they seem to preform extremely well. In addition Craftworld majority Ynnari seems to do better than DEldar Ynnari though.

Find me cultist proxies for less than 0.50€ a piece.

Protip I cant

>the army with better rules does better with even more broken rules

They're cancer

What's that model on the left?

Just think of all the games you'll lose!

Hellblade

What the FUCK is that 'Duncan' video?

Fuck you OP you big man milker, make a real thread for a change.

Hellblade from IA13

Kill team is broken so long as you spam bodies or vehicles.

hellblade

Any suggestions for things to add to a Scion-centric Castellans list? I'd planned on a Manticore and Armored Sentinels for some extra long range firepower, but I'm worried I may get blown off the board too quickly.

Fact: Battle cannons are the most powerful weapon in the galaxy.

Me, on the left.

U can do it user but why Dark Eldar?

From my /motivation/ folder. Hope it helps.

So these little buggers say that they have to fire at the closes infantry units as per their firing mode, but what if there are no infantry units in range or sight, can they then fire at something that is not part of their firing mode, or can they not fire in that case?

I used the goblins feom the hobbit starter set as plague zombies, but im probably still over 0,5€ pm

Why don't we have Nukes Veeky Forums? Like fatman

They can only fire in their selected arc at the nearest visible thing in range. If nothing is visible, they can't shoot. If nothing is in range, they can't shoot. If everything is sitting behind them, they can't shoot.

Only Troops can score for 8th ed.

Yes/No? Would it change the meta a lot?

Because just dropping a nuke on the board and instant ending the game wouldn't be very fun.

I mean what if there is a tank but no infantry unit in their selected range, can they fire at the tank or do they have to ignore it?

Deathstrikes are ICBMs and vortex weapons are the WMDs of the Imperium.

I think Boyz are an underrated unit.

Yes, right now a CAD means hot shit thats better served with a formation that gives you ObSec with benefits.

I don't see Dark Eldar Codex. Are u gonna pirate it?

So, the Custodes don't answer to Guilliman now, do they? I'm building up an 1850 point army of banana men and the idea of them answering to that pompous, blue, pile of plot armor sickens me to my core.

Everyone in the Imperium answers to Guilliman

Does guilliman answer to guilliman?

Bit what if he's an aeldari robutt?

NOOOOOOOOO!

Then we've been had and Cawl has been playing a long con

>It's Chaos

Dammit, I really liked the aesthetics of it too, was hoping it might've been admech or a unit easily battlebrothered by Skitarii.

Should Tau saturate their forces with markerlights? That is to say, it takes 2 markerlights to bring a standard Tau BS3 up to BS5 (diminishing returns past there), thus "maximum efficient markerlights" would mean bringing enough MLs to have all your forces at BS5 as often as possible. As an example, Pathfinders produce roughly half as many MLs as they have men each round they get to fire, so a group of 5 will fairly consistently produce 2 MLs, which is enough to supply another unit. Is it important that every damage unit be coupled with a sufficient source of MLs? Do you take even more MLs for that for when some are inevitably killed? Or do you take less?

Essentially, what is the proper ratio of ML-units to non-ML units?

What if Cawl is an aedari robutt?

I still remember the days when this was true.

Good man

I just started playing Dark Eldar as well

>Forgetting that most people (1-5% of us actually) play this game for the fluff.

Yeah, why play Dark Eldar when you could play Sanic Fast Jetdar or Super Killer Tau Mechs. Why, don't you want to WIN user?

>pompous, blue, pile of plot armor sickens me to my core.

Please go back to 1d4chan

Except the Emperor. Checkmate.

How do Custodes even reload their halberd guns?

Death Guard when?

MAy right? May at the latest? Please jesus

You don't need quite that many, as there are times when a unit needs to reposition rather than shoot outright. I would say it is better to aim for around a third. Have the ability to have half your army boosted to BS 5, or all of it to BS 4, outside of other uses.

Obviously this won't go perfectly, so from there its a matter of which units need markerlights the most.

You can do it user I believe in you. If anything this motivates me to get started on my DEldar army

There is a magazine on the end of the gun. They probably just put the staff under their armpit and reload as usual.

Whenever it is, I hope FW rereleases those sexy DG dreads. I failed to get a hold of them for my own force.

>Mary Sue created the Eldar death god
>cadia fallen and eye of terror expanding
>a fucking primarch resurrected and leading the imperium
>admechs getting nightmares
So what the fuck is going to happen?
Will rowboat restore imperial truth? Will chaos just win no matter what like in End Times? will the admech actually do something useful for once?

The Grand Pappy of the Chapter that never fails comes back from the dead and basically goes "Look at me, I am the Emperor now." and the whole of the Imperium has to suck it up and answer to him. Pretty sure I don't want the guys who answer solely to the Emperor answering to old blueberry because he happens to also have been hand made by the Emperor.

Flip it in order to have the blade and the gun near them, reload, done. We're talking about litteraly the best warriors humanity has to offer.

Otherwise, they have their ades accompanying them in battle, so they throw they spear to them, plant it on the ground or whatever, use their smaller swords and continue their advance. When the spear is reloaded, it's thrown to them and they're good to go.

I wanted to buy into Deldar when they were released in 5th edition. 27n but I didn't have the money. Now that I do, I just sort of pulled the trigger on a SC and some wyches, the succubus, and the venom. Then I got another SC and the Scourges on a whim for a good discount, and then I bought a lot with the rest.

I like Deldar because they're basically cartoon villains, but I also like Wyches and the idea of them treating the battlefield like a big arena match.

Thanks. Finding motivation is hard, and keeping it is harder.

Already have. Seemed appropriate all things considered. I would probably buy one if I saw a hard copy in the store, though. With 8th around the corner, maybe it wouldn't be the best idea.

Yea. Someone has to represent something that isn't Ynnari.

Well, maybe we can try and keep up progress reports or something. I have a friend just getting back into the game and he's super excited, which I'm trying to channel into this pile.

I want to build a game board that can fit over my kitchen table. I live in a small apartment and not sure if I can fit a full 4x6' table how terrible would it be if my table was 3.5' x 6' and the deployment areas were 9'' instead of a full foot?

A pathfinder is 11 pts. BS 3 means they hit half the time, so 2 pathfinders for 22 pts will give you +1 BS to any other unit. Imagine if fire warriors or crisis suits cost 44 points extra.
For 13 pts a model you can take marker drones. Slightly more expensive but more mobile. Downside is nonscoring, lower BS, and doesn't contribute a real gun. A pathfinder can still shoot his carbine or sit on an objective.

Its fucking Eldar, with more bonuses. How the hell do you think it ends up?

Goodness gracious that image. My meme is almost the same.

Dang, didn't realize they discontinued those.

Either second week or last week of April, Shadow Wars should come out next week and DG might be after that or after whatever else is after Shadow War.

You'd probably be better off only using 3.t by 5. In my experience, using a table that's the proper length but too narrow has things get really win my with certain deployment types. Shortening zones to 9 inches will help with that

shop.princeaugust.ie/tg2420-warzone-mutant-chronicles-tabletop-wargame/

What was that about under 50 cent a mini? Game included too.

So what the fuck is going to happen? Well, whatever does happen it's going to really fucking stupid. I mean GW is writing this after all.

> Will rowboat restore imperial truth? Idk, maybe.
>Will chaos just win no matter what like in End Times? At this rate, fuck no. In the fluff, a guardsman could take out a squad of Chaos marines with little to no effort.
>will the admech actually do something useful for once? Maybe, Cawl has been doing a lot of shit with our spiritual liege lately, so possibly.

>Forgetting that he doesn't even want to be Emperor, much less rule it
>Forgetting that the Imperium is rotten to the core
>Forgetting that he only takes up position of Lord Commander of the Imperium it's so fucked that this point
Who else at this point is even around and COULD be a good leader for the Imperium?

Why can't we have the Solar Auxilla in 40k
They're so cool :(

>Yea. Someone has to represent something that isn't Ynnari.

Sorry to disappoint because I'm going to run both regular Deldar and Ynnari Deldar

>Got to have something to contrast guillimarines when they show up

Not simultaneously ofcourse

Would it be better to take 3'' out of the deployment t zone or 2'' out of each deployment zone and 2'' out of the game zone. So deployment t is 10" the middle is 22" and the last deployment is 10"

I'd love it if half of the loyalist space marine chapters tell Guilliman to fuck off and get labeled as 'traitors' by the stuck-up, arrogant Ultramarines. Not fall to chaos obviously but unwilling to bend a knee to the false emperor Robert Williams.

Green and whit the only acceptable colour scheme

>not black and red

Honestly it seems like it'd go this way, imperial scism with guilliman and company on one side and
the highlords and chapters united behind jonhson and the dark angels on the other.

Fuck. Meant to reply to previous post.

I'd imagine the same would happen with the Ecclesiarchy, if he goes full atheist on them.

It'd be better to take the space from the deployment zone. Technically, you're supposed to measure from the center of the board. On something 4 feet across, you measure a foot from the center, leaving both players with a 12" zone. Do this with 3 feet and 6 inches, and you're left with 9 apiece.

Similarly, for a 6 foot board, you measure 2 feet from the center to give each player 12 left. To keep things even for longer deployments, you'd want to cut it down to 5.5 for a similar result.

The important part is distance from your opponent's deployment zone.

>black and red
2edgy4me

I wanted to play harlequins and dark eldar. It would suck because I had to pay the troop and HQ tax if I wanted to take reavers or scourge and the harlequin formations already cost so much. Now I just play ynari. I also have a grotequiery that I am working on, having fun converting old rat ogers into dark eldar grotesques

You re both half-right. It's White and Red.

You fool!

Never buy more than 500 points ahead of you're finished army! You'll never get it done now!

Ynnari without all the Craftworld shit is strong but it doesn't make my friends rage, so I think playing Deldar and Ynnari Deldar is good and nice. If 8th ed buffs Deldar substantially, I might switch over to pure Deldar.

Constantin Valdor. Not only has he not been asleep for nine thousand years and is thus aware of everything happening in the galaxy, but he also is an incredible tactician/warrior and directly represents the Emperor as the First of his Companions. He even served as a High Lord of Terra until retiring to the Sanctum Imperialis to personally stand vigil over the Emperor.

>Serf Throws Spear
>BS3 accidentally impales Custodes

Why are Orkz considered bad? I understand that they might be bad at a competitive level, but on a casual level they seem fine. I casually played against an Ork player for years and only beat him once, though that was before formations were a thing. A shitload of bodies running across the table to drown a squad in attacks, mixed with huge volumes of fire seems pretty decent to me, he trounced my Salamanders handily most of the time.

I hate Eternal Crusade for being such wasted potential. Playing it right now, and there's a decent core of a game, not revolutionary or fantastic, but decent. But it's surrounded by a shell of dumb shit like races for stun-locks, constantly sending me to fucking Frankfurt for servers, and the lack of ability (so far as I can find) to choose a map or game type.

In fact, I can't seem to even find a list of map or gametypes because the main website has only the simplest of basics about the game and the wikia and 1d4chan are so out of date that I assume they haven't been updated since 2014. The wikia still has a page on faction war commands. And googlefu has failed me to get anymore than those two website, and forum posts about the game, but on unrelated topics.

I might mention that we usually only played a slugfest style game, just fighting to see who could survive by the end of turn 5. He usually tabled me every game, or left me with only a small handful of models. I realize not playing with Objectives probably factors into this somewhat.

I do really like the yncarne too so I am adding that to my list. I keep saying I am not going to add craftworld but I kinda like wraith guard and a farseer would be nice and an autarch on a bike might be fun with khymera, I just ha e to be careful because eldar stuff is so good its hard not to pick it.

If you go to the faction war map, you can zoom in and see ongoing matches and their gametype.

EC's failure to capitalize on the big 40k shooter aesthetic has really disappointed me. I was rooting for them for a long time.

Ballistic skill 2 across almost the entire army means that what looks like an impressive amount of firepower in theory falls flat in practice. They'll struggle to do as much damage as marines in shooting. Once in melee, they're reliant on volume of attacks. They can't get power weapons aside from power fists, and no matter what their enemy will probably swing first. This means they will almost always take damage before they can swing on the charge. The lack of armor also lowers their odds of survival, which in turn means they're more likely to fail their low leadership.

Im rather surprised he was able to do so well against you, especially since you'd certainly have a lot of flamers to burn his boys and meltaguns to delete transports.

>Stun lock
I don't think you understand the melee system.
But yeah the game feels like its only 40% done.

Out of curiosity, for a typical game, how many Orks did he have relative to your marines? Were there a lot of vehicles?