High-level wizard bulshit

So let's dump some of the most bullshit high-level wizard / full-caster shenanegans you've come across. I'm thinking of D&D (any edition) / pathfinder in particular but hell I won't turn down good stories from any system.

I don't have a whole lot off the tip of my head myself, but I did just recently read about how a wizard could use a magically-reduced cone for a hat - in case of an antimagic field, the hat would de-shrink, form a barrier around the wizard, and break the line of sight to the wizard (and apparently therefore the antimagic field by RAW? idk), letting him make good his escape or do whatever he wanted, really.

And then there was something about stopping times and brewing bombs? i'm sure some fa/tg/uy has better info on that, it's been forever since I've seen it

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/That_Guy_Destroys_All_Psions
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350016-Terraforming-Athas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This one time, this guy I knew played a level 17 wizard. Fucking cheesing gamebreaking munchkin, man.

any stories in particular?

1D4 chan has a couple of good articles about bullshit that wizards can do- here is a good example of a wizard doing what they do best for not entirely complete asshole reasons.

1d4chan.org/wiki/That_Guy_Destroys_All_Psions

That's pretty great.

I can understand one, even two scratches, but eventually as a DM I would have rolled with it. Player ingenuity is a beautiful thing
(and then maybe worked with the player to ride off the wizard gloriously into the sunset while still letting his legacy impact the game bc I don't know how to challenge a PC like that)

all hail Elsimore

Probably never happened.

>cast time stop
>all motion seize
>cant breathe, freeze to perfect zero, instant death

I don't think that's how the spell works.

Maybe if a wizard was trying to develop Time Stop and they rolled a 1 somewhere and the GM was arbitrarily a dick about it....

I'd like to see this as well. I am about to make a wizard in Pathfinder and anything Paizo-built is fair game so I want to run something as broken as possible. I am not a complete newb to wizards but I really want to turn it up to 11 here, from 1st level onward if possible.

You're an idiot. That's not how the spell works at all. Read the description.

>Mage the Awakening
I modified my hat with expanded capacity, a timeless interior, and a forces ability to drastically decrease its weight.

Then I filled it literally to the brim with rabbits.

This is the most beautiful use of sorcery really. To use cosmic powers in order to achieve something completely arbitrary just for the sake of it.

Wouldn't the rabbits die of hunger soon enough? Or does timeless interior cover it?

>casts Hold Person
>target is paralyzed, shits pants, dies because heart can't pump blood.

Heh, been a while since I read this.

Timeless interior covers it.
They don't starve, thirst, suffocate, or age.

None of these stories happen. It's not it happening that matters. Just like the games you play, moron. What matters, is it a good story?

Using 3.5, the Dream of Metal is the most awesome thing I've seen done with crazy magical bullshit. Won't link it here, but it's the first hit on Google for "the dream of metal". Fucking insane.

I think this fits

>Be illusionist Wizard
>Grab Uncanny Forethought
>Can turn 3+ Int mod spell slots to cast any illusion spell with spell mastery
>Shadowcraft Mage
>Heighten Spell and Earth Spell
>Easy Metamagic
>metamagic school focus
>Heighten silent image to 7th level and get +7cl due to earth spell
>Can mimic any evocation and conjuration spell 2 levels above the spell slot i use 3 times a day. So 5th level slots = 7th level slots
>Been using this mostly to summon rainbow unicorns and perform in my Circus
>MFW GM gives me a belt that gives +4 int and +2 TO ILLUSION DCS

The folks at GitP were able to fix/terraform the Dark Sun campaign setting with nothing but a 17th level Druid. Does that count?

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350016-Terraforming-Athas

I played a 4e Star Pact warlock and eventually became a literal Elder god if that counts.

It does. Please elaborate.

So a system I've found to be good for bullshit is wild talents. If you can afford it, there's technically no power you can't build. What this means is you can use your budget to build a character that's arbitrarily strong at one thing, or shit at everything.

Where this reall gets interesting is when you theory craft a full party

Ex: these were talents built on a 125 budget (for reference, that's 5 points more than the books example of an FBI agent)

Talent one converted all organic matter into stone within an 40 yard radius of his target

Talent two converts inorganic matter into a hyperflammable gas

Talent three has a very simple fire ability. Doesn't really deal damage, but very reliable, and very high range. Also ignores armor

Talent 4 has on contact invisibility/intangibility

Even if you resisted the conversion powers, most didn't survive the resulting explosion, or suffocated.

At 250 points you can turn off the sun. But that's also /all/ you can do

Story time?

8/10
Pretty nifty read while I should have been studying for my midterms.

Why do you enable me user?

Not a whole lot to say, the Star Pact had an epic destiny called Radiant One that culminated in your character ascending to the sky and becoming a star. Though, my character was actually an aasimar whose ancestor might not have been an angel, so the star he became was made of raw positive energy and generally did good stuff.

>after the first couple guys to try invent that spell ended up like that, the other wizards developed ranged and trap versions as nosave insta-kills.
What next?

It apparently takes five days for a rabbit to starve to death. More concerning would be the weight/heat of all those rabbits.

>it's the "ridicule people because of their appearance" episode
Stopped reading after the first paragraph. Those stories never happen.

Well, if you cast contingency with a timestop as the contingency and a timstop as the spell, you can timestop when enemies timestop and kick their face in.

But yeah, my wizard character is kind of problematic because why not teleport in, throw a Maximized Empowered Twin Ray Enervate up his ass and be done with him?

After this arc is done, I'm planning on talking to the GM and asking if I can change out to a warblade or warlock or something without losing my levels.

>It was I who stopped time!
Are there any ways to summon big, bulky objects that can be used for transport other than a bag of holding filled with chariots or something?

A dominated colossal creature of some kind, and then just cast Smoky Confinement on it when you don't need it. Then you just crack open your flask'o'monster, have it drag shit around, and then when you don't need it anymore, order it to fail its fort save and cast Smoky Confinement. It's like a genie!

Discounting Omniscifier-esque theoretical op BS? Shapechange. Everything to do with that single fucking spell. It's more powerful than 99% of spells in the game in the hands of someone who knows what you can do with it - and it doesn't matter which sources are allowed because it's still busted in a core only game. But for example:

Immunity to all weapons but bludgeoning and you turn off magical enhancements? Yup, there's a form for that, Zodar, and it comes with massive stats and a free Wish that's not an SLA so Shapechange lets you use it. Automatically surprise enemies no matter what, which turns ambushes into you ambushing enemies regardless of what they do? Dire Tortoise form. Combine with Polymorph afterwards for extra cheese as you keep the effect while being in a form that can cast normally. 2 rounds of actions per turn? Cloakers and Chronotyryns, the former gets you 2 standards and the latter gets you 2 full rounds. Turn into a dragon and get solid all-round stats, flight, and breath weapons with varying effects.

>raw positive energy and generally did good stuff.
I think you need to look into Positive energy corruption, Ashradorn, and Ragnorra user.So sorry.

A way to spam Time-Stop? You'll need to capture/kill an Aerodragon somehow, and those are fucking rare and hard to kill.

Constructed portals, rings of gate, and shit like that.

Fuck carrying it with it, just build a warehouse that connects to your portal.

I feel your pain, m8. I really do.

Now go and study.

I checked out The Dream of Metal.

If I ever get the chance to play instead of DM again I think I'm going to play a Traveler that somehow escaped.

You cannot cast extra spells with haste, what the FUCK!? Good story otherwise.

Can't you cast extra Quickened spells with it?

Maybe.... I honestly can't remember. I think it only grants extra attacks within a full attack action. I dunno. Haste is fucky, I could be wrong. I just remember that came up recently in my 3.5 game.

You could in 3.0.

In fact I've known DMs who were like 'okay, we're converting 3.0 Haste to 3.5 instead of using 3.5 Haste'.

Because giving casters 2x the firepower per round is a good idea.