MTG EDH/Commander General

Mana crypt is how much?! Edition

Last time, on /edh/: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What cards have you seen fall in price during your time playing magic? Did you get any sweet deals?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-spirit-tribal/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/death-nel/
cracked.com/personal-experiences-2472-i-made-obscene-money-forging-magic-gathering-cards.html
mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/archfiendofifnir.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/macar-the-gold-benis/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who-undoes-death-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-brostorm
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50162
mtgsalvation.com/cards/commander-2014/23608-arcane-lighthouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Free my dude

>What cards have you seen fall in price during your time playing magic? Did you get any sweet deals?

I think the best thing I got was probably Damnation thus far. Just picked one up for $25. Other than that, do you count judge promos? Got Hannah and Azusa for $25 each when I think they were like, $70.

Also, I made this cuz Ive always wanted to do spirit tribal with Iname. Thoughts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-spirit-tribal/

>What cards have you seen fall in price during your time playing magic? Did you get any sweet deals?
Mana crypt is literally 65 canadian dollery doos right this second. I bought a linvala and a crypt for $85.

I'll have to soul search for that answer

New Meren deck. Meant to play around how good the synergies are between Winding Constrictor and Experience & +1/+1 counters. Deck also has a built in sub-theme of dredge, threshold, and delirium. Delirium is achievable in the deck but is really only meant to help get cards in the yard while also turning Traverse into a huge payoff card. Includes the Necrotic Ooze combo.

Even without delirium, Traverse is a great card to cast because you can dump Dakmor Salvage into your graveyard and kick off the dredging.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/death-nel/

Got a crypt for 30 euros 2~ months ago.

On a completely opposite note, have you all bought your Mikaeus yet before it spikes to 50 bucks?

I've been collecting magic cards in the hopes of building a pimp deck for a very VERY long time. Right now I'm at critical mass, and if I take apart some of the things I'm running now, I know I can make one "good" deck, but I need help choosing which one to make. For a little summary, I like to do a bit of everything. I started as a stompy gruul player, but I've since evolved and can use almost any deck. I love big numbers almost as much as I love efficiency, but I'm still a jank master at heart.

Here are the options:

>Gruul Artifacts
Think "Xenagos meets Darietti". Could be good, could be exactly the same as Xenagos, but all in all it will probably be fun.

>Kruphix goodstuff
Exactly what you expect. Eldrazi titans, counterspells everywhere, all the ramp I can fit. I'd prefer not to go the combo route, but I'm not overly picky.

>Maelstrom Wanderer Value Engine
Kruphix meets Xenagos. I love embracing the RNGods, and I've acquired some really powerful things that will help this out.

>Something something Discard and Reanimate
I have every discard card you could want, but nowhere to use them. The options are Lazav steal your shit and hand control, Mogis damage doublers and pump, Mimeoplasm or Jeleva three colour goodstuffl. I just haven't found a way to make this work, so I'm a little hesitant.

>Wxx stax
Brago and Gaddock Teeg are two things I already run, but I know if I condense them together they'd be ungodly. I have a bunch of stax effects and hatebears that are itching for a good home, and an Elesh Norn/Vorinclex that are just sitting in my binder, but objectively, white is my weakest colour.

>Literally any Monocoloured Artifact/Ramp deck
I have enough rocks and support cards to build a very strong deck in monocolour, but I suffer from a distinct lack of cards that synergize with a lot of monocoloured generals. Options include Yosei, Jin Gitaxias, Dirty Mikaeus, Feldon or Yisan, but I'm open to suggestions.

No, please no.

Don't kill the budget mikaeus dream.

He didn't get reprinted in MM3 which was focused on RTR and Innistrad. Unless he's in the next commander product or id there's gonna be an FTV: Undead you're not gonna see a reprint any time soon.

Only gonna get more expensive from here.

Should I build Daxos Returned, nothin' but Enchantments or Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord?

When your wife makes you a shelving unit to store your collection

>the GW player ramps into Privileged Position and Nature's Wrath by turn 3

FTV: Undead would be great.

That's really sweet.

I need to get some proper storage for my cards too.

The only alteration: It needs to be sold/advertised as "From the Crypt"

They were focusing a lot on multicolor, so a card with BBB in the casting cost wouldn't get reprinted unforuntately.

>autism

You should be hired for WotC's marketing, this idea is diamonds.

They design the sets with a focus on making it a good draft format, naturally some cards that need reprints will be omitted due to not fitting in.

They make some exceptions (Daybreak Coronet, Blood Moon), but overall a card with a heavy single color won't get printed in a set that tries to make people draft 2-3 color decks.

Who else runs Eldrazi Energy with a side of Planar Bridge here?

I do have energy cards and planar bridge in my Eldrazi deck, yes.

>tfw I want to collect all the Dark Ascension cards because it was the set I started playing
>Mikaeus is at 16€
Fug
Yes, I'm "poor"

JUDGE? !

say my Reaper king and 4 scarecrows get exiled at the same time due to ghostway,

When they all return, even though reaper king is entering at the same time, will I get the destruction proques?

Tldr: is mass flicker viable in reaper king

Better get it now because it will inevitably rise soon. Even if the -1/-1 counter theme ends up sub-optimal, it will give plenty of cards legal in eternal formats that synergize with dirty Mike.

It's the same deal with mana crypt honestly. Either you get it now, since it will never be cheaper, or you wait like a bitch and feel sad when the price becomes too high.

Yes. In a same way Rite of Replication on RK blows up 25 permanents, flicker works as well, so in your situation 4 permanents.

Spoiler alert: the Masterpieces are creatures this time and the Gods are all monicolored >4cmc. They also have Masterpiece Gods.

Seems dubious. They're called "Invocations" which sounds a lot more like Instants/Sorceries.

How can I slow a game to a grinding halt in mono-black without using the typical stax package? Stuff that fucks card advantage is preferred, since my general is Erebos

Stuff like Necrogen Mists, Bottomless Pit, and Painful Quandary is what I'm thinking along the lines of.

Personally I run Spreading Plague and Tainted Aether

>Colors are all off
>No deckmaster
>No the Gathering
>No borders
>No pen mark
Sorry dude your wife made a cheap Chinese knockoff.

At least she got the color wheel right

As says, plus Lethal Vapors, Night of Soul's Betrayal, Descent into Madness, Bottomless Pit, and Necrogen Mists.

>at least she got the color wheel right
Lime isn't a color in MTG.

invoke = summon
creatures are summon spells

You invoke a god.

Recurring Nightmare and Wild Research are the two cards I most want to play with Zur. One is banned and the other is red. Zur would become my only deck if I could do either of them.

Have you tried Possessed Portal? If it survives to your next round you will have made +11 CA by that time or even more if you can get an Ophiomancer to stick as well.

cracked.com/personal-experiences-2472-i-made-obscene-money-forging-magic-gathering-cards.html

mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/archfiendofifnir.html

>Archfiend of Ifnir 3BB
>Creature - Demon
>Flying
>Whenever you cycle or discard another card, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature your opponents control.
>Cycling 2
>5/4

>MY FUCKING FACE WHEN

My Liliana deck finally got a Damnation, and now we got this motherfucker coming.

So is Daxos the Returned any good? I like the idea of building Enchantments and I was hoping to have a commander with green in it, for all those fun enchantment boosters. Though someone who can pump out Enchantments to trigger constellation and give me an army does sound good.

Fuck off.

Why the fuck would it?

Josh Lee Kwai is my husbando

He's slow but love him. Skybind is GOAT for the deck, although my current build for him focuses more on him being a Zombie than the enchantments.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice he's a Zombie and a Soldier. That actually opens up a fair few cool pathways with him and Enchantments for the tribes.

Where did you guys find your playgroups?

After another bad experience at my LGS I'm looking for a place to play while I slowly get my normie friends to play on poker nights, wondering where you guys all play.

>Fluctuator buyout

FUCKING
DAMMIT

I JUST THOUGHT TO BUY ONE TWO DAYS AGO FOR MY SHITTY ALESHA CYCLING DECK

NOW THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE IS $25

2 guys i've known since high school + 1 guy who i met last summer

our group is nice except they attack me constantly, the fuckers

looks like you have been bamboozled by the wolf of mtg street xD

Why didn't you buy it at 6AM like the rest of us?

What's funny is that then first thing I thought about was someone bought it out expecting wizards to accidentally print a cycle card that breaks the game made worse by Fluctuator

>inb4 stoic champion buyout

Greel is pretty sweet, especially if you have grave yard shenanigans.

God, I enjoy Rudy's content, but imagining all the shitters with their dad's wallet trying to "corner the market" flooding the market and following his videos makes me sad. I understand the man makes money and all, and he wants to share his methods, but fuck if it isn't a pain to see this garbage happening more and more frequently. I know he's not the cause, but he's definitely not helping when every Joe thinks he can just invest in paper products.

Bought 3 Mikaeus' to hedge my bets, but wasn't even thinking about my shitty deck.

If they reprint fluctuator in this set, my sides will be fucking gone. If they print something better, I will ascend from this mortal form.

Can you kind folks off some constructive criticism of my new King Macar deck? My initial idea was to be a somewhat stax deck, but I guess I'm out of my element. Any suggestions are appreciated!

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/macar-the-gold-benis/

That quick link doesn't take you to the actual list, try copy/pasting entire link

I wanna see some alesha lists, Veeky Forums, show me what you got.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who-undoes-death-edh/
Here's my casual, no combo list. Based around keeping them always at 2 or less to make use of Mentor of the Meek and Break Through the Line

She is literally built the same way every time, use Google.

I's a very budget and needs some simple things like master of cruelties. Not entirely updated I've put in some tax creatures and hushwing gryff style cards, then taken some out and I haven't kept track of what.

Any suggestions on other changes would be good.

forgot to link it
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who/

Still €0.8 a piece on MCM.

€1.5 if you want an English one.

I feel sorry for you Americans.

any secret garbage for trashy slobad eggs?

Get deretti ult off, paradox engine and mana rocks. Just kind of does itself.

>secret

Not really, but Scrap Trawler is the best thing to ever happen to cheap sacrifice based artifact decks.

Once dropped a KCI on turn 3 with some mana rocks, sacrificed two, played Scrap Trawler and magically drew my entire deck and made a shitload of mana recurring my cantrip artifacts, and each time I sacrificed a cantrip artifact I got back my mox opal or mana crypt for another 3-4 mana.

hey /tcg/ got a vehicle question for you. If i have a vehicle in play that is already a creature, for instance, fleetwheel cruiser, can i still tap creatures I control to turn it into a creature? I'm trying to abuse tapping abilities.

No. You can tap as many as you want activating the ability the first time, but after the vehicle is a creature you're SOL.

Yes.

I was mistaken, this user is correct. Official Gatherer:
2/9/2017 - You may activate a crew ability of a Vehicle even if it’s already an artifact creature. Doing so has no effect on the Vehicle. It doesn’t change its power and toughness.

The more you know.

thanks babe

Can't go reinforcing that Veeky Forums being bad at magic thing.

My playgroup was just my weed dealer and some of his other clients who also played. So maybe try that.

what do you mean?

Ongoing meme that Veeky Forums is bad at magic, lad.

I just looked at the ruling, it checks out. Am I just being trolled

I was stating I should correct myself as done here
So as to avoid making my board look bad. Not messing with ya.

so I'm building a revenge deck to make 1-2 players leave the table outright, any suggestions? Thinking simic dickery

Watching this conversation is making me lose hope in humanity.

And what causes that, my man?

why not just playing all sorts of black-white-blue single target removals and then targeting only them?

or if you know what decks they are playing you could put in hard counters to their strategies.

I bring out my degenerate combo decks and kill the table when I want people to never come back to my LGS.

I recommend Selvala.

decklist?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-brostorm

Consistent turn 3-4 wins.

No one cares Sheldon.

any budget "fast" decks out there?

I just bought rooftop storm for a zombie deck. How jank should I make it?

Zada, Hedron Grinder.

I just completed my Zombies&Wizards G&G deck last night, although it doesn't seem to be wizardy at all.

Purphoros, Selvala, Grenzo.

i am sorry if it's not your element, but i can't think of a stronger way to do black than putting in some comboes/synergies and finding them every game with tutors.Even if the cards you tutor for are over your budget, being able to tutor them effectively gives you 3-5 copies of them into your deck at the price of one.

this let you exile creatures and generate tokens for each 4 mana
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50162

cabal coffers let you get ridicolous amount of mana. admittely it's a bit expensive for a land moneywise.

mtgsalvation.com/cards/commander-2014/23608-arcane-lighthouse
it's a way, other than grave pact, to touch hexproof creatures.

_a_ Smokestack isn't sufficient to stop anyone, and your deck can barely interact with non-creature strategies. If you actually want to Stax them out, you're going to have pack some more sources. Descent Into Madness, Necrogen Mist, Bottomless Pit, Oppression, Liliana of the Veil, Contaminion, Desolation, Pox, Smallpox, Winter Orb, Torpor Orb, Grafdigger's Cave and Cursed Totem, and if you're rich then Tabernacle, Nether Void, The Abyss and Chains of Mephistopheles.

Really though, I don't think Macar is really that great as a Stax general. It's a lot of effort to get advantage out of him, and it's not even that easy to get use of the Gold. So just play him like a normal man. Get a Forbidden Orchard and/or Eternal Scourge to always have a target in a pinch, power out large spells with Inspiring Statuary and Blinkmoth Urn (plus the traditional black methods), draw a bunch with Reprocess. If you feel fancy then go spicy with Kuldotha Forgemaster, Clock of Omens, Mycosynth Lattice, Paradox Engine and co.

Your general is repeatable removal that stockpiles mana. Just fuel all that gold into straight murder or wacky artifact shenanigans.

kek'd

How expensive is it to make a Krenko deck?
Is it worth it if I packed a blood moon and have some of the more expensive goblin cards lying around

>How expensive is it to make a Krenko deck?

cheap, 80- 100 dollars gets you all the important staples

>Is it worth it if I packed a blood moon and have some of the more expensive goblin cards lying around

sure

>not building 5 color cycling combo