Pauper mtg

Didn't see a pauper thread so I'm making my own.

How does this list look? I have yet to play pauper so this and Izzet Blitz will br my starting points.

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-12700673-486c30bfd9d8ed98fa5da9c3630e65c5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

orange cat op, nerf plz

calico cat is the only fair cat in Pauper, deal with it

Three colors?

You're in for a wild ride.

Is 2 colors + a splash that hard to pull off? I have 4 copies of Wayfinder, Ash Barrens, and Vessel.

>commune with gods
>g/b
>no respectable black men and zombie fish

The cat is great tho.

I don't like much the mesmeric fiend + carrion zombie combo, but everything else is a solid GB tortex list.

>running orange cat in the deck
Everyone knows orange cat is not viable in the meta.

I would run more stinkweed imps and Gurmags but give it a go and see how you do.

>Respectable black man
Grey merchant?

So it has been a week. Whats your opinion on the new cards in the format? Any surprising performance?

who /pig/ here?

I need a new pauper list, but i'm not seeing anything that looks fun.

I don't think BTE is legal until the new ban list in april?

That was last week when they said mtgo wouldn't get MM3 until april. After the community's response, they backpedaled super hard and we got the cards legal the very next day.

they will really make him common
I don't understand wizards

>him

Read the lore :^)

I have a shitty mono green pigs list.

What kind of decks do you find fun?

This is a gnaw.dec waiting to happen

I want to pet your pussy

Wah! What are we gonna do on the bed?

*POMF*

I'm building elves. Are they interesting to play? Obviously they're pretty good.

we have deck building tournys in my local lgs where you can build your deck from the common/uncommon box.

i ended up with the winning deck by making the most disgusting boring thing i could never get working in drafts.

stab wound

i also found 4 pillary of sleepness sooo.

added pacifisms and defangs and a few of the creatures that get stronger for your enchantments, though i couldnt found many so in the end i added 4 blind hunter to fill my creature spot.

they did some good work though.

if anyone wants i could post the full decklist but i would need to dig up the deck.

Give me my cat back.

Give me ideas for a good simic deck or I'll Flame Slash him

3 basking rootwalla
1 blastoderm
3 burning tree emissary
4 nimble mongoose
4 werebear
2 wild mongrel

2 deep analysis
3 firebolt

4 brainstorm
3 echoing truth
3 memory lapse
3 mental note
4 thought scour

3 lotus petal

4 evolving wilds
6 forest
4 island
2 mountain
1 swiftwater cliffs
1 thornwood falls
This used to be a simic deck, before BTE and firebolt splash (had one extra blastoderm, one more mongrel, and 4 rune snag).

Now can you NOT flame slash the kitty?

deckstats.net/deck-12700673-486c30bfd9d8ed98fa5da9c3630e65c5.html

Rate my meme deck /pauper/

not sure I like having two different colors as one drops, but with blue main, that might work.

Personally, I'd replace the vapor snag with either snap, or echoing truth, and you might not need 4 (3 will do).
I'd also drop the 2 spell pierce and 2 ponder (or 1 ponder and one vapor snag/snap/truth) and play 4 thought scour - helps with your own threshold, makes your brainstorm a lot better, and after replacing counterspell with memory lapse, you can either be annoying with lapse, or combine it with scour to dump their memory-lapsed spell so they don't draw it again.

Lapse also has a better cost than counterspell, especially that you are running a 3c deck, and thought scour gives you the potential to miracle a wrath on your opponent's turn (ponder doesn't)

thx b0ss

Been experimenting before with Lapse, though, and I didn't like that it didn't answer something for good. Removal, especially Edict effects are a bitch, and having someone cast it only to topdeck it again might do more harm than good in the long run.

Spell Pierce is there as extra protection against those.

if you are playing the tempo game, lapsing their spell can do more damage to them, because it deprives them of their next draw, and they just topdeck the spell a turn after it was relevant.

And if you don't want them to topdeck it, that's where thought scour comes in.

Replaced Counterspells for Lapses and Snags for Scours for now, will see what I cut for 2-3 bounce spells.

I've fiddled with both and hough Snap is technically free you need 2 mana to cast it and if it gets countered you lose a lot of tempo, so Snag was the default choice. Pinging for 1 also makes it easier to race and gives a bit of reach alongside burn in order to close out a game.

i'm not saying vapor snag is not a legit choice - some people run it in mono u delver instead of snap, and if you're not looking to cast comething else with the mana, vapor snag might be indeed better. Snap is mostly used to "snap your dude in response, then counter your spell anyway".

I run exhoing truth in my rug thresh, though it is built differently (see above), since it's a good answer to tokens.

here's some of my secret tech:

4 chittering rats
4 gray merchant of asphodel
2 gurmag angler
3 order of the ebon hand
4 phyrexian rager

3 chainer's edict
2 corrupt
3 duress
2 unearth

3 momentary blink
2 tendrils of corruption
1 victim of night

4 prophetic prism

1 pestilence

3 ash barrens
1 island
1 plains
15 swamp
2 terramorphic expanse

Make it GB and add Wakedancer, Pulse of Murasa and more zombies+fiends+vamps instead of the enchantment package.

New to pauper, I am having trouble with mono blue delver as blue/black delver. Is this normal?

>Not-so-artful Dodge
>Instead of Slip Through Space
It's like you don't even WANT to kill in one hit.

do you have shrivel in the board? I play both mono U and UB delver and MU is just way faster it's insane. Even a "good" keep as UB is almost too slow. Edicts are trash because lol throwaway fling 1/1s and they can operate on like 3 lands.

I'm still on the fence about swapping my Marauders out for Magma Jets
What do you fags think?

i'd keep the marauders. If you want to swap them out for something, try thunderous wrath - unless you get it in your opening hand, it's a pretty good topdeck for burn.

Plz user

of course remember this was not true pauper, since there was no limit on the amount of uncommons, problem is you have to actually find them in the timeframe.

also forgot i couldn't find pacifism and ended up taking arrest.
probably could have done even better with more focus on the orzhov theme + devotion.

didnt have much time left over so all i had in my sideboard was another lost in the mist and a breezedancer plus swamps and plains in case i made a wrong landbase.

all in all its a pretty fun format, they are gonna try a commander based format next, wherin you can make a commander deck from their coomon/unc stuff. by that time everything will be sorted on set as well.

2x defang
4x pillory of the sleepless
4x stab wound
4x arrest
3x claustrophobia

3x blind hunter
1x blessed spirits
1x blood cursed knight
1x dimir guildmage
1x skymarc roc
1x dinrova horror

1x cancel
1x jace's ingenuity
2x adverse conditions
2x negate
1x convolute
2x agony warp
1x quiet contemplation

1x silumgar monument
1x ojutai monument
1x azorious keyrune

4x orzhov guildgate
2x orzhov basilica

10x island
3x plains
2x swamp

Any ideas on how to update this with newer/better cards?

Or best to just scrap it?

If someone wanted to build a deck for each 2 color combination, what would be the best set of archetypes?

>Kuldotha Boros
>Azorius Acid Trip
>Gruul Stompy
>Izzet Delver/Blitz
>Dimir Control/Flicker
>Selesnya Slivers
>Golgari Tortured Existence
Etc

Pretty sure American Shorthairs are banned

Yes I have and board in shrivel, and the extra(singleton) disfigure in the board. I also side in two stormbound giest for mental notes(as I have found I can't spend a ton of time can triping and enough of their threats have flying).

I try to keep removal up if they use ninjutsu in the ninja.

should I play tron or UR Delver

I'm gay and thought I was in the modern thread
Build Delver user.

You are far more likely to see it in an opening hand than to topdeck it. Avoid Miracles unless you're running brainstorm or a way to cycle them away.

black bordered llanowar elves and a golgari rot farm would be a good start.

Could experiment with:
1-2 Gurmag angler
1-2 pulse of murasa
Swapping Diabolic for Chainer's edict

I'm personally not a huge fan of blastoderm, as I think most decks have a way to chump/answer it. I may be undervaluing it though.

Depends what you mean by "best." If making a gauntlet with each colour combo I'd run what you have there (choosing dimir teachings over flicker) with the following:

Orzhov: Rebels or Extort
Rakdos: Reanimator
Simic: Tron variant

I think Gruul you might wanna be Ponza, i.e. Land destruction control. Simic should be Elves, Golgari I think Dredge should be the way to go.
And then

What does pauper ponza look like these days?

Not in a slower deck, which TortEx is. I'd never play more than two colors in an aggressive deck, however, even if one of them was only a splash, at least until we get untapped dual lands at common.

Lots of land destruction and ramp to big creatures. I don't think there is a very competitive list out there and most people dislike playing against such decks.

Post more of cat

I laughed at the cat's deckbuilding style until I realized that they're colorblind and then I felt bad

bump

very cute cat

I want to fling shit at my opponent. What is the deck for me?

Affinity. Atgo is a little shit you literally fling to the opponent's face.

10/10 would pet

Here's mine. Btw this is now an orange tabby thread

R/U blitz.

Roast the cat user. Do it!