Mtg Amonkhet General

Mtg Amonkhet spoilers
>do you think Amonkhet will help/hurt Standard?
>Ideas on cards to be spoiled
>wrapcaster mage?
>What will the master pieces be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not "Seuss Sense"/"Memes yield the truest insight"

>Sixth Seuss/Memes yield the dankest memes

>the plainswalker deck Gideon is actually good
The real one might be busted.

This feels like a trap. Untap and +1/+1 sounds good, but if you're doing this turn 5, unless you can kill your opponent with that, then you're opening yourself up for the crackback. And since its sorcery speed, you can't use it to mess with combat math or to make your blocks more favorable.

Would you play a 5-mana enchantment that says "Creatures you control have "When this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn""?

Basic lands appreciation time

How do I eat this with no sauce?

The swamps are gorgeous.

In the context of this set, it's a bit stronger. You can start Exterting for free while giving your things some juice before combat.

Super hypothetical, but: Turn 4 blow all your Extert, opponents turn they assume everything stays tapped and they're safe, turn 5 untap everything + some juice + extert again and you're looking good. Obviously that seems like a la-la land situation where your opponent isn't doing much, but if the Extert bonuses are as good as this then I can see it.

Plus, 5/5 inscrutable for (4)W (splashable) is at least in the top half of standard plainswalkers.

There's: Regular Gideon, Lili, Chandra, I guess BfZ Nissa...? Rai is shit without her kitty.

>Wizards will never ever drop the "full art lands are premium" meme and just make them fully available in every set.

So much beautiful art is wasted in the fucking lands because they have to stick that fucking ugly border that covers 50% of the card.
Why the fuck can't they just make every single land full art and let us enjoy the art

So how does this plane get fucked up in the end?

I heard that there will be one Full-Art land in one out of every 4 boosters. It would be cool if the art was of the basic lands instead of an exclusive, and they did it with every set. Fuck, i want image related as a full art land.

>3:1 - Gatewatch shenanigans
>5:1 - Phyrexian Invasion
>12:1 - All According to plan
>30:1 - Something new and original

Bolas says "FUCK THIS." and just dumpsters it.

>You can start Exterting for free while giving your things some juice before combat.
No. Exert only works while you declare attackers, and Gideon's ability only untaps, it doesn't give vigilance. You won't be able to both pump your team and get around paying for exert.

>yfw the Gatewatch has ruined more planes than it has saved.

Done.

I didn't say it works like vig, meant the card untaps like normal. You don't get any of the negative effects of Extert.

So when your opponent turn 4 things all your shit is still tapped next untap (untaps turn 6), your turn 5 Gideon drops in and +2's

Thanks user. Looks pretty good.

The ONLY cost of exert is that they don't untap in *next untap phase* Any other means of untapping them still works fine.

Forgot the pic.

>yfw Desert and desert twister aren't reprinted

Doesn't really matter since the new frame is horrible, especially compared to old foils with the shooting star.

>tfw no camel reprint.

I don't play mtg.
Any way to abuse this by damaging yourself repeatedly for card draw?

give it unblockable, skulk, etc. you'll figure it out.

>57 ▶
> (OP)
>I don't play mtg.
>Any way to abuse this by damaging yourself repeatedly for card draw?

Nope, because it's combat damage only and you can't do combat damage to yourself. It's not curiosity, which is any form of damage.

You should get 2 cards off it if you hit a double striker though? One for first strike damage one for regular damage.

Spoilers begin when?

RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT

A few days ago.

Well it's combat damage so if you're still wanting to damage yourself not unless you stick it on an opponent's creature

So far my favorite.

Second best.

You have literal shit for taste.

nope. combat damage can only happen once a turn, twice if you ive the creature double strike, which is challenging.

the best thing you can do is make your creature hard or impossible to block.
thankfully drawing an extra card each turn is an extremely powerful effect in MtG so you'll have enough justification and reward to get that working and protect it.

I'll put 100 memebucks on Keikaku.

I can't wait to see how far and unnaturally they force their SJW nonsense in this set. At least it takes place on a plane where black people everywhere makes sense this time.

Bolas and Ugin are the same being, Ugin is just the true Bolas soul seperated from his body. Bolas is male, Ugin is female(male). The resolution will be Ugin merging back with Bolas, realizing his true form. The gatewatch will accept and applaud this

kids card games a lil too complex for ya bud?

Wait, what are they pushing for this set?
Is it We Wuz

It's an entire plane of We Wuz, mummykins, and transdragons.

Hopefully, if the Gatewatch keeps doing what they do, they'll ruin this plane as well.

We have yet to see what they're pushing this time.

>plane full of blacks
>new keyword Exert means faking an injury to get time off work

Never change Wizards.

>ruin this plane as well.
Pretty sure the we wuzs are way ahead of the gatewatch on that
At least if it was realistic

Does it matter? You'll find a molehill one way or another.

>Vigilance, a White keyword, puts them back to work

WIZARDS

One of the few good lands in the set. If the rest of these lands are indicative of anything, it seems we're going to have a repeat of Kaladesh were instead of exploring the whole plane both sets will be focuses 95% in one city.

Differing opinions a lil too complex for ya bud?

The only topic they haven't touched, and would be too taboo, is a whole plane of heteronormative well adjusted people. It would be a plane with little to no strife so thats why we haven't seen it.

black should get the most cards with menace, red gets the lions share though. Fear was black -> intimidate was black and red -> menace goes mostly to red, not black. WotC is doing all they can to make black people seem great, women too. There is a massive disparity in representation and actual population or even their customer base.

Take note of the cards they spoil, if there is a person on it, odds are it will be a black woman.

Hol up.
>dragons/gods are ascended, divine beings that no moral can match
>mortals can only exist in servitude, because that's their place in life
>the entire plane is a rigid class-structure system
>all the mortals are black
>the last thing the gatewatch did was start a plane-wide revolt because of some gov't agency attempting to prevent the spread of illegal product

We wuz slave revolts and shiet.

Getting real tired of this whole "rah rah, fight the powah" bullshit.

>but to win you've got to hope for a magical superhero squad to save you, because you can't do it yourself
Gotta believe in the you, yo.

>Mtg Amonkhet spoilers
>>do you think Amonkhet will help/hurt Standard?
If the Dusk/Dawn card is real, then it will probably hurt Standard since Mardu Vehicles can play it and not be punished for using it.

Also WotC said that they still haven't fixed the "weak answers / strong threats" dynamic with this set, so undoubtedly things will get much worse before they get better. Also, based on the commons and uncommons we've seen, this set looks like it might not be hyper strong. We will see.

>What will the master pieces be?
They're called Invocations and will probably be sorceries/instants. I think this is the set where we start to get shitty masterpieces.

Wow new card

>being surprised at black people in an Egypt set

What.
It's literally just "we want the Yugioh audience: the set"

Why is this a surprise?

i'm pretty disappointed with the way they formatted dusk/dawn. here are some alternate versions i made.

>the last thing the gatewatch did was start a plane-wide revolt because of some gov't agency attempting to prevent the spread of illegal product
Uh huh.

Don't forget that they crashed an aircraft into a large structure

>"Urban" """Islands"""

I fucking hate this shit.

because the block with the traps was the "we want the yugioh audience: the set". This set just furthers WotC's inane love of fighting established power structures. They had to have a revolution on a plane before this, led by a woman who's child didn't look like the rest of the people she was from and who is essentially the living embodiment of fury. Now they need to destroy a plane that has a caste system just because Bolas runs it (a being so out of depth in power his motives are still unknown).

They are fucked in the head with SJW nonsense. All the gatewatch does is show up somewhere, wreck the ever living shit out of the system set in place for stability, then fuck off to do it somewhere else. We are just told that everything is better afterward even though millions die and suffer as a direct result of their actions. And it is seen as righteous for some reason.

They are drinking their own koolaid. By the gallon.

URZA WAS A BLACK MAN
LURN YO HISTORY

youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ

You're a faggot

Well, actually the Gatewatch is a metaphor for US foreign policy for the last 60 years, but your interpretation could work too.

Aren't mortals of Amokhet Bolas fanatics anyway?

R34 of the chick on Sixth Sense when???

Well, you blue players are never happy, so I'm not surprised.

It would be neat if Bolas on amonkhet is like Darkseid on Apokolips

>Venice.jpg

Blue players are literally retarded.

>woman who's child didn't look like the rest of the people she was from and who is essentially the living embodiment of fury

Who was this? I don't read the comic books..

It could be, but I assure you that WotC just sees them as "freedom fighters". The problem comes from them fucking up everything they do and only sowing destruction in their wake.

Why can't the island be a picture of an island? an aqueduct or waterfall is not an island, its water. Blue uses islands because of the isolation inherent, not that there is water around.

I believe he means this.

Chandra. She is a fair skinned ginger, from a plane of indian looking people who have an obvious Indian theme: Trains everywhere in the shapes of elephants and rhinos. She ends up being the savior of her plane (thru her mother). So in the end you have a white woman being the savior to a race of muds, saving them because they can't save themselves.

And I'm sure WotC doesn't even see it.

Mishra was a rampant Islamaboo tho.

>disgusting unfinished metal texture

Gross.

i know what you're saying, but if you look at the art it's pretty obvious that the most finished area is the mother's face, with chandra's face being a close second. most of the background elements, clothing, and ornamentation are softer, less refined, and less detailed.

this method effects your eyes and makes it a lot harder for you to maintain focus on anything but the key focal points (the faces). it's a smart way to reinforce the already strong composition and visual hierarchy. also when you are making a piece that will usually be seen at 1/30th size it doesn't payoff to worry about the minutia.

It'd be nice if the Gatewatch rocked up only to find that everyone on the plane loves Bolas and there is no resistance for them to fight alongside in their neverending search for oppression to defeat.

How man on a plane manifests in a plane on the lands is different from place to place. Not every plane needs super tall dangerous mountains, edgy gross swamps, equal lateral planes, secluded empty islands, generic tree forests.

Yeah you're right, but all we get are cityscapes in general color hues of their respective elements. After the Ravnica lands they didn't even bother trying to do a good idea, they just kept redoing Ravnica without there being a reason for a sprawling cityscape of red or blue or eggshell (even white can't be white now). It made sense for Ravnica, a plane of nothing but cityscape. It just feels lazy in other planes.

>Just realized all those towers are basically the same, only stretched to different proportions.
Ruined.

I think it just comes down to the last few planes we've been on (besides Innistrad and Zenidkar) doesn't really have a vast ocean scene to make really island islands off of. There are a few that fit your description from Tarkir, but yeah they've definitely had an environmental shift recently.

Does anyone know what time the Masterpiece Invocations are being sppiled today? Any sleculations on what they will be themed?

Given all the Menace cards black seems to be getting recently, how viable do you think a GB (green to get access to Sixth Sense and that GB board wipe, amongst other things) "you can't block me" deck be?

Loss edit when

How? Yugioh hasn't been about Egyptian stuff for years. It's going to cyber space now after having done aliens, time travel, dimensional wars, and whatnot.

If you think this is just a short term trend and that the ship will right itself you are sadly mistaken. WotC has shown a marked desire to push terrible ideas and reuse anything even mildly successful ad nauseum until you like it or quit. They don't care either way. In the last 3-4 years the mechanics have been overall lazy, they keep retreading the same SJW stance on any and all planes they visit, they have had problems spelling words right or keeping color balance even. And now there are R and D concerns with so many cards needing banning due to power, or obvious combos that they missed in their 2 years of testing it before hand.

They have turned into a joke, but are in the "too large to fail" category. Thats why they went so hard with the SJW angle, it immunizes you from actual criticism, while you attack those that had those valid concerns.

Its totally fubared. And its a game for teens. Think about that.

All the monocolored commands will be there, just as an excuse to reprint cryptic again.

That is the angle for the new bogles in standard. They print a whole slew of menace guys in Kaladesh and now they are printing some pushed auras to slap on them. You even have enough cheap tricks to simulate the hexproof of traditional bogles. Again, they just try to retread old things that worked.

Remember when people complained about the kikijiki combo being so complete in cube online? well they removed 1 useless part of its toolbox and added the copycat combo in there wholesale. There is no reason to "bank" on it coming together now, you just need any 1 piece to go infinite almost. Its a joke of a meta they've made. And they admit they don't know how to fix it.

>I don't even know this kid

At least she's friendly.

How is Chandra so pale being child to two brownies?

So you think it's possible to hurt standard any more?

Reverse Cuckold.

So judging from the pyramids in the lands, Cat Woman is white.