Warhammer 40K general

Dumbshits can't make an edition - edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Warhammer general discord!
discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RbXRHKdhOfg
strawpoll.me/12626231
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous Thread

Remember when Genestealer Cults had class?

plastic sisters edition

>Black Templars.

>Custodes are stronger than Grey Knights and ten times more numerous

On a more serious note, I'm willing to start a low model count army - why should I pick GK over Custodes? Except for the obivious advantage of having contemptors instead of dreadknights

Are ork warbikes good?
Are ork warboss on warbikes good?

>bikes
>good
Yes.

Ork warboss in megarmour and lukky stikk can solo anything as long as it doesnt have ap2 or s10.
Its 6 s10 powerklaw attacks, you cant go wrong with that, ork Hq's are actually pretty good.

>Not even half the recruitment rate however.

Custodus spend 10k years jerking off in the Imperial palace whilst slowly replacing their losses from the HH. Meanwhile GK have been bussy keeping chaos from skullfucking the entire galaxy all that time.

How's this for the story of a combined Tzeentch/Nurgle army?
A Lord of Change approaches some heralds of nurgle with a contest of wits, the two sides would guess the number of mortals that would die to a plague ravaging planet placeholderhiveworld XI and whoever loses would have to serve the other until they paid back a debt of as many souls as died to that plague. The cunning lord of change used knew he could not best the heralds at counting or plotting the course of a disease, but after hearing their guess he simply guessed one higher than them and used his sorcery to bring a mortal from elsewhere to the hive world. When the world was empty and lifeless the heralds burst into laughter, for they had intentionally guessed wrong! The lord of change had tricked himself, with both sides being wrong they now had to serve each other until twenty billion souls were delivered to the other side. The Lord of Change is begrudgingly bound by his pact and the Heralds of Nurgle eternally cackle and chant the number of souls they are owed and they owe in kind to their new partner in chaos.

Sound good or shit or is fluff gay and only lists matter?

B-but I cannot have mega armour and warbikes

You can, but the warboss would fall off a lot :^)

Noob here. I have read several times that the Skyhammer formation for SM is cheese. Why is that? Do you use devastators to instantly delete vehicles with a squad of gravs while the other uses heavy bolters to fuck shit up with Assault squads?

Is Sevatar a Grey Knight?

Noone cares about the story.
Just paint them well

Fluff always matters

I'm facing Eldar in two days as Orks. He's not bringing any Wraithguard and he only has like 5 bikes (so not too cheesy). Any tips on beating him?

idea for a narrative campaign for my flgs, please r8:
>Kill Team base rules
>Must pick a force from Imperial Agents. Does not have to follow the Kill Team detachment if it has its own formation or detachment.
>Must include an Inquisitor in the force.

Idea is an Inquisition wars mini campaign with high focus on fluff, fun, and converting minis.

Maybe.

New to warhammer, why does Anrakyr's pyrrhian immortals give a unit of immortals furious charge? Why would immortals be charging, do they have a way to fight in melee during assault phase?

Someone better take Red Hunters.

So Shadow War is the replacement for Kill Team, right?

Just wait a month, and use Shadow Wars rules.

GK is pretty meh right now. In the bottom 5, maybe bottom 3.

More than that: dead squads can move and shoot on the drop, assaults can assault. Assault squads can jump in move and assault phase. Decided squads can strip overwatch without having to bother with an anti infantry load out which alone ain't cheesy, but the assaults in the formation can reroll to hits and to wounds.

It basically turns them into space elves with a 3+ save, s4 and t4.

Yes. All models have are considered to have a S:User AP- CCW even if it's not listed

Say, anyone around who have pdfs of the Space Hulk rules, missions, etc?

Autocorrect hates abbreviating devastator.

Sounds pretty good but maybe refine the guessing game a bit. Maybe have the heralds guess one below the total number of people on the planet so the LoC guesses the exact number but since he teleported the extra guy he technically guessed correct but fucked himself over by having one more dead guy. I'll show it below,

No. of souls = x

Nurgle guess = x-1

Tzeentch guess = x

Additional souls = 1

Total dead = x+1

*Cue Nurgle laugh track*

So if the LoC didn't decide to be a clever dick about things he would have won but his extra soul guy means that he lost.

Ah okay, thank you, that clears a lot up

Mmm I'll probably not use this one then. I might just go for the Semi Battle Company, but kinda bummed it needs a Captain. I wanted to use a Chapter Master, Tyberos. Although now that I think of it, he is the 1st Company's captain...

Yes (by ork standards) and not as good as the alternatives (notably, painboy on warbike and big mek on warbike).

I actually like that and would consider it a cool enough story to justify enemy daemons working together.

Be fucking wary of striking scorpions (AKA ork blenders), don't be afraid to use big choppas on your characters (because your primary target is likely to be his psykers, who all have invulnerable saves anyway), bring plenty of grots (Eldar can actually struggle to put down masses of scrub infantry), don't bother with vehicles, don't rely on static units (mek gunz and lootas) because he will have the speed to reach them, go for the objectives.

I posted my original imperial fists list here a few days ago and some anons were kind enough to point out the flaws i made when making it. I tried to take their advice to heart and have come up with this, in a semi-competitive meta how do you think it will fare?

I want to fuck that Sororitas

Fuck tons of LOS blocking terrain

>Kills the embed chain.

You are the niggerest nigger that ever nigged.

Thanks thats a cool idea. I want the general idea to be that the Nurgle daemons knew they couldn't outsmart the LoC, but they knew he wouldn't be honest and just tried to let him outsmart himself. Of course i guess this could have been the Lord of Change's plan, to make them think they are equally enslaved but actually blah blah tzeentch plan within plans shit.

I'm a poor, dumb bastard and want to start a DW army. Reasonably, how should I start the army so I can operate tactically?

Your 10 man tac squad has 2 special weapons (grav guns) you can only have 1 special and 1 heavy

hope so, shadow war looks great

>What is a Trike
Holy fuck GW

oh i was under the impression that combat squadding allowed you to take 2 special/heavy weapons. Would it be worth it to take a heavy bolter and relegate that squad to pure objective camper? this way i can march all ten up in the rhino, pop out, advance with the grav squad and park my ass with the heavy bolter squad

Yeah I think you articulated it better than me, heralds knew the LoC would cheat so just let him get caught up in schemes.

>heralds face when

Pick up the start collecting box and a couple of the deathwatch upgrade frames, then scour ebay for second-hand marines. You can use pretty much any marine models for deathwatch; just replace one shoulder pad with a DW one. Badly painted miniatures can often be salvaged by a short soak in 99% isopropyl alcohol and a firm scrub with an old toothbrush.

Making a fluffier list primarily based off a huge amount of slightly older Necrons (3rd-4th with some 5th) that one of my family members is passing off for on the cheap. How retarded a list is this out of ten, considering I'm going for theme over raw point-efficiency?

Yes, he had a lot of Destroyers.

Well shit, I'm apparently completely retarded.

Anyone got the dimensions on a Valk? Particularly the dimensions of the main body where the wings go. I want to convert them but don't have one on hand.

Umiez don't surf.

If you don't kitbash them Vietnam-era weapons, Orkified Super Hueys, and Orcified F4 Phantoms I will so hugely disappointed.

You did this to yourself.

Thanks for the advice, but what do Striking Scorpions do?

Has anyone ever done the math and figured out how much a riptide should actually cost points-wise? Obviously it should be way more than 180pts, considering how many >180pt units it shits all over.

Make it 360 points.

youtu.be/RbXRHKdhOfg

Really hard to do desu as there isn't any hard and fast rules for it and the crux of the Riptides problem is its ability to get a 3++ and buy a FNP.

Make it so the FNP is unbuyable. The defense of Nova Charge is the model gains FNP.

And Nova Charge works on 1d6 + Remaining Wounds. On 7+ it goes off

Gives 5W 2+, 4W 3+, 3W 4+ etc.
Makes it easier the healthier the Riptide is, but more dangerous as it gets injured.

Maybe make the Ion Accel more points

Vietnam orks with Hueys, Kommandos and stuff would be amazing.

I wonder, is there something like an Aibrone/Stealth formation for orks?

Do Tau players use Burst Cannon on anything? I need a whole bunch (~24) for conversions, and I'm wondering if the local Tau players might have any to spare, since I don't know whether they're a Must Take, viable choice or Arquebus Tier. Are they likely to have any unused they wouldn't need for anything?

That actually sounds like a really fun/flavorable mechanic. As a Tau player, I'd give it a shot as a houserule.

From my experience, Burst Cannons are generally made redundant by simple Fire Warrior troops, and in most standard lists they will be passed up in favor of other weapons. I believe they're used more in Farsight Enclaves lists to supplement the lack of Fire Warriors in troops, with the whole taking Crisis as troops.

You have a decent shot of finding players who don't use theirs, but they may also have magnetized it already.

GUYS.

FEMALE SPACE MARINES

Anyone who doesn't spam just battlesuits will have left over burst cannons from battlesuit kits.

These things provide more str 5 ap 5 that the army already spits out in spades, so generally we don't take them on battlesuits.

However, you've gotta find a tau player that plays the army and not some fucking list, so good luck.

any posts responding to this one after my own are hitherto considered to be baited

I like this idea; reactor puts out less and less power as its damaged

Jokes on you, I'm buying the old ass Rogue trader one off ebay

A game vs Tau and Khrone daemonkin.

Do I bring my daemons or Orks?
I just cant decide.

If those changes were implemented, I'd be fine with nova charge simply doing nothing instead of taking a wound if it failed.

It also plays on the whole anime cliche of the protagonist in the mecha pushing himself to try to accomplish great feats, risking his own health in the process. Except here it blows up in his face, which is hilarious.

Assuming all players are decent, Daemons give you a good shot of winning, Orks does not.

How fucked am I ?

Some meks grow up,
Power klaw in hand
They don't got to help themselves, hits!
But when the warboss knocks on the shop
Whole place look like a loada scrap, yea!

It ain't me!
It ain't me!
I ain't no fortunate Nob!

Nice. There's two Tau players, one who spams medium suits like Crisis and Drones, and has a tendency to go a little cheesy (1200 pts, Riptide and Surge, plus Drone Net) and the other guy who pretty much grabs whatever he likes that day. I'll have an ask.

I need what amounts to 16 Long-barreled Burst Cannon, so they're going to be a mix of two Burst Cannons together, one mounted on an extended turret and sets of two Heavy Bolters with Shrapnel Bolts, all of which are close enough in statline. I'll just explain all the small weapons are S5 AP5 Heavy 6 36" beforehand.

Is that a Death from the Skies detachment?

Its unnecessary but kinda wanna see it just to see how mad it'll make the people who are bothered
by it. don't change the armor though, none of this slimmer looking stormcast bullshit.

since pink horrors cant summon anymore, which demons of tzeentch are able to summon other demons of tzeentch?

Are vendettas worth taking or are they completely outclassed/overcosted when compared to the stormhawk interceptor?

Heralds are the cheapest option. Literally any non-Pink psyker daemon.

I was going to say Forge World will pull through but remembered all they make now are HH and knight variants.

Blue and Brimstone horrors can summon.

But Heralds in the Anarchic formation are what are going to be doing the heavy lifting.

you can't take voldus in a nemesis strike force

Yeah but if I actually do win with Orks I'll feel really proud, you see the problem?

well, to be fair stormcasts are supposed to be modeled after actual statues in the fluff

They are also less of an army itself and "just" incredibly strong bodyguards

Also they lack the reinforcement ratio the GK have, it's not confirmed but Custodians are a lot more expensive and take much longer than a normal SM or GK to be created.

Hey fellas, I've been wanting to play a killteam game with my little brother because he's been showing interest in his 2 big brother's hobby and he's getting to be about that age, and I was wondering what you guys thought of these 2 lists. I've tried to make them relatively even, but honestly I know one is probably better, and whichever one is better is the one I'm probably gonna make him play
> 1/2

And
> 2/2

>Blue and Brimstone horrors can summon.
They cannot.

Which armies do you play Veeky Forums? Why do you play them? Tell me about Your Dudes!

strawpoll.me/12626231

Check the updated FAQ, all daemon psykers get access to malefic.

Except pinks, blues and brims which are the exceptions that do not.

That's outdated and overruled by Wrath of Magnus, which has its own more recent FAQ that explicitly states Horrors, of any kind, do not have access to Malefic powers.

Nemesis Strike force doesn't count as an army of the Imperium Detachment ?

Well, how competitive is your meta and how much do you care about winning? If you're fine with a loss, go Orks. Have fun losing, or do a dance if you manage to scrape a win.

>mfw ork door gunner firing m60 shouting "GIT SUM!! GIT SUM!!"

I think this is a vast improvement.

Leave it as long as wraithknights cost so little

You would have to make them smaller, like super buff sisters but not as large as male marines. The armour and gear wouldn't change in looks tho

If they're bio-engineered super-soldiers, can't we standardize their sizes?

Imperial guard: my little green beans and their space-shermans. Each squad or vehicle gets a call sign indicated by an insignia on the Pauldron or turret.

Currently working on giving my oldest veteran squad shotguns, flamethrowers, and a power sword. Together they will ride in this space-LTV and go tau-hunting

didn't they do a re release last year? it was odd but i believe it was a tie into the imperial marine for the 30 year celebration

Which is outdated by the FAQ I'm talking about which explicited stated all daemon units have access to malefic powers.