>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Previous thread

>Nurgle user, not dead (yet)
>Life caught me off guard so 0 time for hobbies - even got a gf
>now rushing to get my army finished for Dark Sphere's Tourny on Sunday
Also - GW Monsters are really small...

Damn I love that GUO

Isn't the hand weird? As if it didn't march with the wrist.

Silly rules question probably but here goes. If an army has a command trait does it only apply if you only have units from that army? For instance Stormcast get the ability to essential deepstrike in on lightning but if I add a Battlemage can I still take the SE trait or would I have to take the Order trait?

Here's hoping he doesn't disintergrate on the London tube on Sunday ;_;

Yeah i've already had to cut the spoke that supposedly fits it into the arm down, and even then it's not great - the Horns are the same

Luckily i think i still have a pot of Greenstuff lying around

This dude just cant resist jerking himself off in every AoS group and thread can he?

He should write to GW

I am thinking of getting into age of sigmar with my girlfriend. I have a few skaven units already (screaming bell, lightning cannon, doom wheel, clan rats and weapons teams) what would be a good army for my girlfriend? The let's start box of dryads looks good, how are they as an army? She also likes the vampire count throne. I hear death is not a good faction, can you guys give me the rundown?. Finally how good is magnus the red? If I bought the tzeench so? Let's play box and magnus the red could I get a decent army I can also play in 40k?

The best way to shut him up would be to ask him to keep posting progress pics even time he posts that image

You'd have to take the order trait because you'd not be SCE alleigance. Now, some batallions circumvent that but you need the basic keyword (read: stormcast, sylvaneth, etc.) to get the specific alleigance.

You can't use magnus in AoS.

Go look for the Adepticon winner list - it's all Tzeentch daemons and Magnus w/Belakor

>what army is best

>Look at aesthetics
>Look at playstyle
>Look at Fluff
Then choose

Well I knew the Battlemage wouldn't be able to use the ability but I wasn't sure if just by including him that I wouldn't be able to take it at all. I have SE but just looking around it seemed like in bigger games taking a mage of some sort would be a good idea, but it seems I would have to give up deep striking SE for it.

Contrary to what you might read here, there are no factions that are actually unplayably bad. Pick what you like, pick whats cool and you will be fine.

Don't choose the army for her. I she really wants to play she needs to pick it by herself.

Fyreslayers...

>Pretending VBs aren't the most cost-efficient unit in the game

Those are the three armies she likes, she knows nothing about them other than their cover art and a little bit of lore I may have remembered from before age of sigmar. That is why I am asking about those three and not just what army is the best.

We know the aesthetics and I am asking what is the playstyle, we can figure out lore later. She has tau in 40k and wants a melee army. But she also has no psykers in 40k so she wants magic.

There are WAY TO MANY unplayable factions that will get utterly stomped by anything that came out recently.

You will struggle hard trying to play a pre-AoS Army against anything that has a battletome or doesnt utilize the full grand-alliance like Death.

You wont win with just playing Wanderers, DarkElves, beastmen, anything Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, any Destruction that isnt broken like Ironjawz or Beastclaws,

Stormcast alone have almost as many different units as the entirety of GA Death.

The amount of stupid "I move across the entire Map in my Hero phase" Stormcast, Sylvaneth and Ironjawz have renders your old Outflank mobility Heavy Warhammer lists pointless and in close combat they still pack a bigger punch than your old stuff.

GH2 really needs to adjust some point values to battle this imbalance

FAQ clarifies the developers intent. Unless the GHB contradicts it then the FAQ ruling stands.

So until GW officially says otherwise (or if your TO says otherwise) you can use the old Azyros and Warrior Brotherhood.

I wanna buy the bonesplitterz and ironjawz battletomes. I know they're available online, and I've been using them,but is there any reason I shouldn't?

Give him more attention, surely that will stop him from attention whoring

>GH2 really needs to adjust some point values to battle this imbalance
Nope

Go for it

Make sure to get the Beastclaw Riders battletome as well

Question about battletomes, the rules are available for free on the gw site, so why do I need to buy them in the aos app?

They already announced point changes to adjust broken units and weak ones too, so the guy isn't wrong.

>You will struggle hard trying to play a pre-AoS Army against anything that has a battletome or doesnt utilize the full grand-alliance like Death.
Except for High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Skaven, Empire, Bretonnians, Warriors of Chaos, Lizardmen (they didnt change anything with the Seraphon battletome), and Vampire Counts are all good.

I would also count Wood Elves but they split the tree people into their own faction.

But if you ignore those then you're right!!!

>so the guy isn't wrong.
But he is wrong, since most of pre-AoS never were supposed to be full fledged and playable armies, it was just addition to give fantasy players use their old armies for a while, so I don't think that bringing unsupported armies as example of game imbalance is correctly.

Battletomes are for people that want to get the most out of their faction. If your army is only a single faction then you'll get a lot of cool rules and abilities to use with that faction from their battletome.

I know lots of people that play mixed armies (Stormcast + Free People, or Dispossessed + Fyreslayers, or Beastclaw + Bonesplitterz, etc.) and they don't bother with the battletomes because it doesn't give them any new abilities or rules.

Some people buy them just because they like collecting the books.

>ironjawz
>broken
LOL

I know AOS gets a lot of hate (not necessarily in this thread) but can I take a moment to say how fucking awesome it is that I can collect 1000 points of 2 factions and essentially have 3 playable armies?

Because the free rules are bullshit and non-serious.

>But this is impossibleSubjective and quantifiable are mutually exclusive concepts

Let me use one specific example, directly from the video, to help you understand how it is possible.

The question of how do you account for a weapons range, that you mentioned with respect to the scythes vs swords issue is a great point so lets break it down.

We cant, with a pure math based objective system account for weapon range, given. So we have to apply some subjectivity. To do that we create a sliding scale representing the utility of the various possible weapon ranges.

Lets assume that weapon ranges of 1" are the norm and give them a corresponding coefficient of 1.0, lets apply a coefficient of 1.1 to 2' range weapons, and 1.15 to 3" range weapons and so on and so forth to all the possible ranges weapons can have. Am I an expert at deciding what is the right coefficient for a 2" weapon? no, probably not but I bet that if you asked some people who know more about the game than me to come up with a relative power scale based on their experience they could do just that.

anyways you take the expected damage from the weapon in question and apply the coefficient for its range from the table to account for the added utility of that individual weapons range.

all weapons of all units with the same range get the same coefficient applied to them so it is a fair uniform application of subjective judgement to bridge the gap between what is possible with a pure objective math based solution and a scheme of balanced points for all units in AOS.

The same concept is applied to other tough to quantify values like bravery and movement.

>Ironfist Formation
>gets to move 2d6 in your Hero phase,some people abuse the wording of the rule to STILL run in the movement phase as it says "they move the d6 as if it were the movement phase but cant run" and take it as that they cant run in the hero phase but still can in the movement phase. so your 4" Battleline Brutes now move 11 on average and can run if they please to
reroll charges and wounds kill anything with 4+ wounds like breakfast and have 3 wounds with a 4+ save.

Just FYI Ironjawz hit atleast top5 in the latest Big Tournaments

Will Blades of Khorne make Bloodbound, StD khorne aligned and khorne daemons viable? Or at least more fun, especially when mixed? Tired of Tzeentch being Chaos Masterrace in every goddamn game.

What u claim is questionable, because any tournament organizers will say that "stick to the lastest warscrolls", and this is the point(and spirit) of matched play. And the FAQ line ain't written for matched play. Further discussion is meaningless.

Brutes cannot re-roll charges nor to wound rolls. They can re-roll TO HIT rolls agains 4+ wounds models, only those. They are a solid army if you ask me but fas =/= broken. Now stop your trolling.

>tournament organizers
if you're down at your local gaming store what matters most? the opinion of some random dude who set up a tournament or the official GW FAQ and rules?

Good luck telling someone they cant play by the official rules because you know about some guy who ran a tournament who says different.

So you are just comming down here to whine? Kay.

If she wants a melee army then I guess chaos Slaves to Darkness would be good, with maybe some bloodbound support?

If you'd like, we can just send him my new army pic, call him a faggot, and tell him to get good.

>guy who ran a tournament who says different.

1st thing 1st, gw encourage house rules for local tournament, 2nd name one tournament(maybe a player) that allow you use the old Knight-Azyro warscroll with 80 pts?

Or I could actually post the damn picture.

I sure hope so. What we need is a speed/movement bonus akin to Ironjawz and summoning without Wizards. Something like Bloodpoints from 40k's Daemonkin.

Range 3 is as valuable on a behemoth as it would be on zombies, because everything is linear in introduction to maths.

in my experience the use of the official rules and FAQ always trumps in such situations.

I guess you could be a bully and try to make other people play the game your way because you think you know better than GW but that will only get you so far.

Thank god more Khorne stuff. I thought GW had forgotten he existed.

C..can I touch your beard? it looks so soft

Its not questionable
Its the way the game works

FAQ is written for all modes of play. Matched Play rules can contradict the FAQ, and in that case the MP rules are supreme. The MP rules dont say you have to use the most current warscroll so the FAQ ruling stands.

Fuck off.

>Range 3 is as valuable on a behemoth as it would be on zombies, because everything is linear in introduction to maths.

great point. So the solution is to have a weapon range utility scale for each model base size. So you probably end up with a table of tables for the added utility of weapons ranges depending on unit size and type but hey that's not very hard to do and surely isn't a real obstacle.

Great point. See I never even thought about what you pointed out but thanks to you we were able to figure out a good way to deal with that potential problem.

Right? I was seriously getting annoyed by the lack of Khorne stuff. The real culprit is Forge World though, it's like they actively hate Khorne. Why don't they make more Khorne models?

It is confirmed to only work with models with the "Skyfarer" keyword, so no transporting Hammerers unfortunately.

Tournament rules are always above GW rules

But why

So does Blades of Khorne replace the Khorne Bloodbound Battledome? Just want to make sure, I was about to order it but I obviously don't want to waste my money.

So how come one of the armies that we know is having some nerfs is one that is not only pre-AoS, but legacy only, the Tomb Kings?

They also outright SAID that some weaker pre-AoS armies like the Dispossessed will be getting some tweaks.

Because my buddy has like 8k+ Sylvaneth, and I bought enough to run the full Court formation. And then summon some guys. We have a problem at my store, in that at least once a week we play 10k games. Don't get me started on our Horus Heresy armies, which are all asinine.

Yes, you can. I use a whole mess of conditioner, and try to keep it as nice as I can.

>Tournament rules are always above GW rules

good luck selling that in a GW store at a GW table to a random you just met up with for a 1000 point matched play pick up game.

You basically want to apply linear regression to a problem that has no indication to be solveable by it, this is what I'm trying to tell you since 10 posts. I'll try it in easy words since these seem to be the ones getting through: linear model = easy,
game theory = hard,
applying on to the other = probably not a good idea.

Stop shitposting, you've made like a dozen or more comments on this thread already whining about the same.

In a GW store the tournament organizer is games workshop

Are you really this dense

Huh, how many points will you have?

Explaining the way the game works is "shitposting"?

neo-aosg pls go

No upgrades, and after I added Nagash and some Morghasts, about 15k. I possibly went a touch overboard. A bit.

Yeah, it combines factions, like Disciples of Tzeentch.

Also they are changing stuff, because they're at least adding Blood Tithe, like 40k Daemonkin.

Upgrades don't cost points.

So how does battleline work? If I want to take a Cairn Wratih alongside skeletons, does that mean I need to take three units of Spirit Hosts? Or if I wanted to take one of the Mortarchs and some other Death units, would I need to take the requisite Battleline units? I'm confused.

mostly because the file for the General's handbook on the mega is too large for their mobile site

That's true. I'm still half in 40/30K mindset. That'll happen.

Okay so you're using mixed Death. You'll be using the "Death Allegiance" instead of any of the Subfactions.

Under the Death Allegiance, Skeletons, Zombies and Crypt Ghouls are your battleline units.

So depending on your points, you'll need to take at least 2 (1000), 3 (2000) or 4 (2500) battleline units.

So you only need at least the minimum number of generic Death battleline units for the point limit you're using. (Skeletons, Ghouls or Zombies)

If you run just basic Death allegiance, the battlelines are skeletons, zombies, and dire wolves. Everything else is in leaders, behemoths, and other. Spirit hosts are only battleline if you run Nighthaunt.

My bad, wiped out today, ghouls are the third battleline, dire wolves are in other.

>no indication to be solveable by it

I get it you don't understand.

You think its necessary to apply high level complex simulation trial and error brute force for every unit vs every unit in every combination on every scenario in every set up. That cant work and you keep saying that cant work and I agree.

I don't know why you can't accept another approach, like the one I proposed.

I showed in a demonstration how my system does in fact work and you repeating over and over again that it cant work isn't making for a productive conversation.

I would be happy to talk to you more about the substance of the system I proposed, assuming you take the time to understand it well enough to discuss it.

The substance of your approach is a linear model and there is no indication that you can model point costs linearly by the features on the warscroll (besides wishful thinking). I apparently can't discuss this with you since you obviously lack both the math and the game theory background.

>no indication that you can model point costs linearly by the features on the warscroll

Except that I did literally exactly that and made a demonstration video explaining step by step exactly how to do it.

An explanation you refuse to accept or even become familiar enough with to have an intelligent criticism of the method.

>you obviously lack both the math and the game theory background

lmfao you wouldn't believe me if I told you my formal education background and credentials anyways so whats the point of trying.

I feel bad for you that you're so stuck on your own sense of knowing it all that you cant even look objectively at the evidence I presented.

I hope your education background doesn't involve a university degree in the field because you seriously got scammed if it does. Sure you can apply a linear model, it just will likely be terrible - there is literally not a single reason why a linear model should be adequate (again besides wishful thinking).

your comments are devolving into insults devoid of substantive content. I am not sure if continuing to respond to you would be productive.

If you ever do decide to have a serious look into the system I came up with I would appreciate any sudgestions on how to make it better.

Until then I wish you well, peace.

>So how come one of the armies that we know is having some nerfs is one that is not only pre-AoS, but legacy only, the Tomb Kings?
accidental
Not to mention that TK aren't very OP against new armies (Tzeench, Sylvaneths and even SCE who get another unit with ranged weapon)

Why not? Use him as a loc or prince.

nobody cares

Would have to be Lord of Change, he's the size of a Knight Titan.

Before the release of the LOC model, a lot of people were planning on using Magnus as one. Seems like a pretty decent fit, was considering magnetizing the Archaeon Tzeentch head to make it fit better.

I know he could use him as a LoC. But magnus, as a specific "warscroll" cannot be used in AOS.

>want a cool melee centric fun gane with high fantasy motifs

>AoS has immense range/cadting bias, even on models who are '''''good at melee''''

I already get shot at enough in 40k, jfc make a game that doesnt suck to be close combat in.

AoS doesn't though, close combat does fine.

Tell that to sigmarines and kurnothfags

Beastclaw count as ranged for their bullshit, too, and Tzeentch rapes almost everyone with the spell shenanigans.

SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK UP ABOUT MATHS YOU PEDANTIC, IRRITATING, GRACELESS AUTISTS

Math is more of an art than this game ever will be.

Prove me wrong

Every Order list having a Hurricanum and some kind of ranged Stormcadt or Kurnoth, and Freeguild in general, really disputes that. I think its less noticable because newfags buy the newer AoS models and the competitive types haven't ruined it yet like they did 40k

Just wait. Waac fags will come, burn the comp scene to the ground, and go back to 40k, wiping cheeto dust from their neckbeards

go ahead and try it. go to a GW store and get a pick up game of AOS and try telling the guy your playing that he cant use the rules and FAQ because in your head random tournament organizers independent from GW made some house rules that take precedent.

please try it. I would laugh strait in your face if you tried to pull that kind of BS on me.

Oh I dont doubt it. The real isdue is if GW starts putting garbage similar to the Riptide Wing into the game.

>Implying any of those except for TKs compare to Sylv, Beastclaw, Tzeentch or Stormcast at their best
>Implying TKs, the one strong as fuck legacy army isn't getting nerfed hard

You got one thing right, if you ignore all the facts you can shitpost anything and still be correct!!!!!! :^)))))))

It's not getting nerfed hard, just nerfed in a way that fixes it given that TKs were blatantly broken

Wait, you're not Berge403 are you? Your code isn't in space by any chance?

>want to collect Death alliance army
>only one battletome
why

>want to collect Death alliance
>the battletome restricts you to only one subfaction

Just play the grand alliance death dude, you get to use all of the models and the FEC allegiance bonuses aren't that great.